Top 27% of all Woots
Woots Sold:

Quality Posts

lordbowen

quality posts: 837 Private Messages lordbowen

No Enterprise? Blasphemy.

Thirdbase9

quality posts: 149 Private Messages Thirdbase9

Shouldn't the Falcon, and the Imperial ship be on opposite sides?

There should have been two shirts one with "bad guy" ships and one with "good guy" ships.

I don't know.

kg07

quality posts: 8 Private Messages kg07

Thanks to everyone who voted and to woot for the print! I admit to calling miss and moving the Tardis several times.

transformingegg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages transformingegg

Such a great idea! The description is hilarious too! Well done Woot writers!

kg07

transformingegg wrote:Such a great idea! The description is hilarious too! Well done Woot writers!

Thanks! I echo the sentiment on the woot write up. Laughed out loud at the last couple lines.

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 236 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
lordbowen wrote:No Enterprise? Blasphemy.

Thirdbase9 wrote:Shouldn't the Falcon, and the Imperial ship be on opposite sides?

There should have been two shirts one with "bad guy" ships and one with "good guy" ships.

True. Then the Enterprise and Borg Cube could have been there.

Then the Peacekeeper Command Ship could be opposite Moya (Leviathan).

x20             
Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

The7Footer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages The7Footer

Love seeing a Leviathan on the board.

aye512

quality posts: 4 Private Messages aye512

Even though it would hurt to see it, seems like Serenity should be the one ship that is completely shot down...

Inatangle

quality posts: 130 Private Messages Inatangle
kg07 wrote:Thanks! I echo the sentiment on the woot write up. Laughed out loud at the last couple lines.

I'm glad you said this. If you hadn't, I wouldn't have scrolled all the way down to see them.

Wonderful idea, and congratulations on your Derby win!!!

sgartner

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sgartner
kg07 wrote:Thanks to everyone who voted and to woot for the print! I admit to calling miss and moving the Tardis several times.

That's OK, it has more holes on the inside.

acraigl

quality posts: 188 Private Messages acraigl

Congrats on the win, kg07! Well-deserved. I'm thinking this one will be in the top 20 for a while.

stevenbparks

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stevenbparks

kg07

stevenbparks wrote:Sorry to be the harbinger of bad news, but the image of the Millennium Falcon is a mirrored opposite. https://www.google.com/search?q=millennium+falcon&client=safari&hl=en-us&prmd=isvn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiE2ur84MfMAhUG2SYKHdqRBzsQ_AUIBygB&biw=1024&bih=649!

Ouch. I could lie and say that this is an Easter egg to be found by Star Wars fans, but not the case. I was playing around with the placement of the ships for design reasons and mirrored the falcon layer to place it in the lower right without thinking it through. Nice catch. Hope it does not wreck the shirt for anyone.

kg07

acraigl wrote:Congrats on the win, kg07! Well-deserved. I'm thinking this one will be in the top 20 for a while.

thanks for the nice words. There were so many awesome entries that I am shocked to have made the top 3 on this one. Hopefully a lot of these entries will get printed.

kg07

lordbowen wrote:No Enterprise? Blasphemy.

The original had the Enterprise. Unfortunately, the base is so narrow, it kept falling over (and did not look quite right).

andthentherewerenone

quality posts: 4 Private Messages andthentherewerenone
kg07 wrote:Ouch. I could lie and say that this is an Easter egg to be found by Star Wars fans, but not the case. I was playing around with the placement of the ships for design reasons and mirrored the falcon layer to place it in the lower right without thinking it through. Nice catch. Hope it does not wreck the shirt for anyone.

No stress; Technically, most of the big Star Wars fans should be at least somewhat forgiving - The Falcon was one of literally dozens of configurations for Corellian freighters (Which is also what Han Solo was flying in the latest film: Ep. VIII The Force Awakens... It was just a much newer model, but same manufacturer). But one of appeals of the Falcon-era ships was the ability to customise; Some had the cockpit on the left, right, and some even in the middle. So, the Falcon just happened to be one possible choice.

But kudos to you for the catch and admission prior to some goofball ripping you a new one.

And props on the win. It's a great idea. Hope to see more from you in the future, though I'll echo some of the others in saying that it could have been cool to have a mated pair - one for "good guys", and one for the "bad guys"... But well done, nonetheless! ;)

bigfatusername

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bigfatusername

I've got to ask... what is the ship that has been "destroyed?" I know all of the others, and they've all been named here in the comments (FYI for those who don't know, "Moya" is the name of the ship on the left, it's from Farscape).

kg07

bigfatusername wrote:I've got to ask... what is the ship that has been "destroyed?" I know all of the others, and they've all been named here in the comments (FYI for those who don't know, "Moya" is the name of the ship on the left, it's from Farscape).

The ship 'sunk' at the top is an old-style Cylon Raider from Battlestar Galactica.

kg07

andthentherewerenone wrote:No stress; Technically, most of the big Star Wars fans should be at least somewhat forgiving - The Falcon was one of literally dozens of configurations for Corellian freighters (Which is also what Han Solo was flying in the latest film: Ep. VIII The Force Awakens... It was just a much newer model, but same manufacturer). But one of appeals of the Falcon-era ships was the ability to customise; Some had the cockpit on the left, right, and some even in the middle. So, the Falcon just happened to be one possible choice.

But kudos to you for the catch and admission prior to some goofball ripping you a new one.

And props on the win. It's a great idea. Hope to see more from you in the future, though I'll echo some of the others in saying that it could have been cool to have a mated pair - one for "good guys", and one for the "bad guys"... But well done, nonetheless! ;)

Thanks for the support and nice words (although technically someone did catch my error earlier in the comments). I originally tried to get both sides on one shirt (good vs bad) but the design did not work out.

dkcobb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dkcobb

Tell me Doc, Who would show up for a space battle in a bloody police box?

RunsWithScissors

quality posts: 3 Private Messages RunsWithScissors
transformingegg wrote:Such a great idea! The description is hilarious too! Well done Woot writers!

kg07 wrote:Thanks! I echo the sentiment on the woot write up. Laughed out loud at the last couple lines.

I laughed, but then I realized that they had both just tried the entire board.

A dimwitted pair if neither was able to accuse the other of cheating before trying every combination. There are well over 20 spaces--two whole rows--taken up by ships.