WootBot

quality posts: 16 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Time again for another march toward t-shirt doom! Discuss this week's life-or-death struggle for sales supremacy as chronicled on the Reckoning page all week long.

Here's how the Reckoning week runs now: every Tuesday at midnight, we retire the previous week's lowest-selling shirts and launch this here discussion thread. Tuesday around noon we'll post the all-new, all-early Reckoning Recon. On Friday, we'll juice demand and prime the pump with a little weekend reminder post. Finally, on the following Monday, the Day of Reckoning post sounds the last call for the Reckoned shirts. All of those posts will be linked below. Monday night (or Tuesday morning), it starts all over again. The Reckoning, she is a hungry beast...

christheartist

quality posts: 1 Private Messages christheartist

Okay I am TRULY trying to understand the top 20////so GO SPORTS had sold 19322 on Dec 19th. There is a 28 day rolling thing.On Jan 18 Go Sports sold 19475 which means that in roughly 28 days it sold 153 shirts, which averages out to about 5 shirts a day. It has always been in the top six, right now in the top three. How few can the other shirts possibly be selling for #4-20 if number 3 is selling 5 shirts a day?

benjaminleebates

quality posts: 16 Private Messages benjaminleebates
christheartist wrote:Okay I am TRULY trying to understand the top 20////so GO SPORTS had sold 19322 on Dec 19th. There is a 28 day rolling thing.On Jan 18 Go Sports sold 19475 which means that in roughly 28 days it sold 153 shirts, which averages out to about 5 shirts a day. It has always been in the top six, right now in the top three. How few can the other shirts possibly be selling for #4-20 if number 3 is selling 5 shirts a day?

narfcake in 3, 2, 1 ....

Narfcake

quality posts: 378 Private Messages Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

benjaminleebates wrote:narfcake in 3, 2, 1 ....

christheartist wrote:... How few can the other shirts possibly be selling for #4-20 if number 3 is selling 5 shirts a day?

I will admit that I have not been keeping track of the weekly numbers, as the numbers on the posts tend to lag behind, but such numbers seem to coincide with the audience these days.

No.1 rule of online apparel purchases: SIZING CHARTS! Unsure between standard and American Apparel (AA) options at shirt.woot? Read more about their differences here.

Like (or dislike) what you see at shirt.woot? Choose what prints at shirt.woot! Vote in the derby!

- Note: I am not staff. If you need help with your purchases, contact Support.

christheartist

Narfcake wrote:I will admit that I have not been keeping track of the weekly numbers, as the numbers on the posts tend to lag behind, but such numbers seem to coincide with the audience these days.

So basically even YOU do not understand how the top 20 shirts are ranked....

Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

christheartist wrote:So basically even YOU do not understand how the top 20 shirts are ranked....

No, I do, but one has to be constantly tracking the sales to get a full view.

Go back to when I was (anonymously) told how it works, then look at the subsequent reckoning discussions like #213 and #214 for a better idea.

No.1 rule of online apparel purchases: SIZING CHARTS! Unsure between standard and American Apparel (AA) options at shirt.woot? Read more about their differences here.

Like (or dislike) what you see at shirt.woot? Choose what prints at shirt.woot! Vote in the derby!

christheartist

Narfcake wrote:No, I do, but one has to be constantly tracking the sales to get a full view.

Okay so even though GO SPORTS has sold about 5 shirts a day and is number three in the top 20, it didn't really sell five shirts a day and it probably is not number three in the derby. NOW it all makes sense....

Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

christheartist wrote:Okay so even though GO SPORTS has sold about 5 shirts a day and is number three in the top 20, it didn't really sell five shirts a day and it probably is not number three in the derby. NOW it all makes sense....

I feel you're misinterpreting me here. My point was that I have NOT been tracking the numbers at all recently -- hence I CANNOT confirm or deny that such figures are accurate.

Look back at the old discussion thread again -- I started the week off with numbers. Those numbers are used. Every night, I pulled more numbers. They get used. Monday at noon when the reckoning closes, more numbers. They get used. It was a daily (nightly) ritual.

One aspect to consider is that the sales figures in the posts don't always update in real time anymore; there can be a week or two lag sometimes, making any sort of accurate tracking/calculating nowadays tougher, if not nearly impossible for real time use.

ETA: Verbiage.

ETA #2: Since no artist is going through the ritual of "saving" their designs anymore, along with the back catalog available at almost any time, the reckoning has played a much lesser role than it did in the past.

ETA #3: I started tracking the numbers in because of one artist and suspicious activities; it ended up proving the opposite, which cleared him from his critics.

christheartist

[quote postid="7055037" user="Narfcake"]I feel you're misinterpreting me here. My point was that I have NOT been tracking the numbers at all recently -- hence I CANNOT confirm or deny that such figures are accurate.

But my point is that I HAVE been tracking the SPORT shirt for a month ...on Dec 26 Sports sold 19322 and on Jan 20 it sold 19493 which comes to roughly five shirts a day. I think it is very suspicious that the third place shirt is selling only 5 shirts a day.And #4-20 have to be selling less than that otherwise they would be above place 3.

kg07

quality posts: 8 Private Messages kg07
christheartist wrote:[quote postid="7055037" user="Narfcake"]I feel you're misinterpreting me here. My point was that I have NOT been tracking the numbers at all recently -- hence I CANNOT confirm or deny that such figures are accurate.

But my point is that I HAVE been tracking the SPORT shirt for a month ...on Dec 26 Sports sold 19322 and on Jan 20 it sold 19493 which comes to roughly five shirts a day. I think it is very suspicious that the third place shirt is selling only 5 shirts a day.And #4-20 have to be selling less than that otherwise they would be above place 3.

There are a couple of really slow weeks around/during/after the holidays that are bringing down the averages. I know from a sample of one, that when a shirt is doing well at the top spot it can sell at least 15-25 shirts a day for a month or two. I am sure there are a lot of shirts that have sold at a much higher rate.

Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

christheartist wrote:But my point is that I HAVE been tracking the SPORT shirt for a month ...
... I think it is very suspicious that the third place shirt is selling only 5 shirts a day.And #4-20 have to be selling less than that otherwise they would be above place 3.

So why is that suspicious?

Shirt.woot now isn't the same shirt.woot from 5 years ago. There was no back catalog -- once a shirt sold out here, that was it, so it was a now-or-never decision when it came to buying. Outside of Woot, there weren't as many crowdsourced shirt or print-on-demand sites. Seasonal habits change. Buying habits have changed.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 976 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

kg07 wrote:There are a couple of really slow weeks around/during/after the holidays that are bringing down the averages. I know from a sample of one, that when a shirt is doing well at the top spot it can sell at least 15-25 shirts a day for a month or two. I am sure there are a lot of shirts that have sold at a much higher rate.

We also had inventory shortage in some colors/sizes. That definitely affected sales.

*** Play TT's Clue EVERY THURSDAY at 9pm CT ***
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

kg07

quality posts: 8 Private Messages kg07
christheartist wrote:[quote postid="7055037" user="Narfcake"]I feel you're misinterpreting me here. My point was that I have NOT been tracking the numbers at all recently -- hence I CANNOT confirm or deny that such figures are accurate.

I do not know if the "suspicious" comment is serious or if you having a laugh. However, there are powerful forces with much to lose supporting the Go Sports shirt and I would not poke the bear...