filgouvea


quality posts: 1 Private Messages filgouvea

Hello,

I'm having a bit of a problem with getting paid and I'm wondering if any other artists had the same problem.
Woot is saying I cashed a check they sent back in october that I never received.
When my shirt was launched I got paid by bank transfer and asked for bank deposits for the left over royalties. I never received any transfers and after contacting woot by email in october last year, they said they sent me a check in the mail three days before my email inquiry.
I asked for a copy of said check and for the date/info of when it was checked. Anyone had the same problem before?


indiefox


quality posts: 0 Private Messages indiefox

Volunteer Moderator

filgouvea wrote:Hello,

I'm having a bit of a problem with getting paid and I'm wondering if any other artists had the same problem.
Woot is saying I cashed a check they sent back in october that I never received.
When my shirt was launched I got paid by bank transfer and asked for bank deposits for the left over royalties. I never received any transfers and after contacting woot by email in october last year, they said they sent me a check in the mail three days before my email inquiry.
I asked for a copy of said check and for the date/info of when it was checked. Anyone had the same problem before?



Hey there! I'm currently passing this on to our shirt team to see what they have to say about this. I'll be sure to let you know what I find out!

filgouvea


quality posts: 1 Private Messages filgouvea
indiefox wrote:Hey there! I'm currently passing this on to our shirt team to see what they have to say about this. I'll be sure to let you know what I find out!



Thanks for the reply, still haven't received my payment. Most of the royalties are from 2015 and I get a reply from the staff saying they would pay me "prob monday". That would be this last monday and the lazy person that can't write proper words, can't type a few numbers and press enter either.
This is wrong!

TaylorSwiftsHaircut


quality posts: 32 Private Messages TaylorSwiftsHaircut

Staff

filgouvea wrote:Thanks for the reply, still haven't received my payment. Most of the royalties are from 2015 and I get a reply from the staff saying they would pay me "prob monday". That would be this last monday and the lazy person that can't write proper words, can't type a few numbers and press enter either.
This is wrong!




I'm really sorry to hear about that. I'll poke someone to try and get this moving again.

filgouvea


quality posts: 1 Private Messages filgouvea

So, in the end, woot is not going to pay me. This is insane, that a company owned by Amazon, won't pay an independent artist honoring the contract. I asked for my cousin lawyer who practices in NY if I could do anything she said I could but it would cost way more then what I'm owed. If I lived in the US this would have never happaned because you know would be sued on the spot.

You can keep the 94$.