WootBot

quality posts: 16 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: are you following the political news?
  • 34.6% - yes, more than ever! 106
  • 18.6% - i try, but it's kind of a challenge to stay on top of it 57
  • 24.5% - ehh, i find out about the major stuff 75
  • 2% - nah, it's all good! 6
  • 20.3% - nah, it's better not to know 62
306 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

terrendon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages terrendon

I am, but it makes me wonder how more stupid people can get. And then I find out the next day. And then I think "This can't get worse." I wake up the next day...so.... I thought Monte was stupid. Guess I was wrong. He's a cartoon that can't do anything bad. We are stuck with....

Calgaltoal

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Calgaltoal

Yeah, we're stuck with him. I keep up with it and knew it was going to be bad but THIS bad? Stopping the First Amendment to the EPA, ok to torture, we are going to pay for that damn wall. He won't, he does not pay taxes. Friends with Russia, the thing other presidents knew that would be a bad move. People in the future, not having health coverage, won't with pre-existing conditions. Just in one week, SAD.

I voted in the primaries and the election. I have rights. I really do not care if you say we are whining, not whining- just using my First Amendment Rights before he stops that. I cannot see how people are happy with him. He is not a good person. I have lived through and never griped about presidents I did not vote for, this man is not going to make this already great country, great again. I am neither Democrat or Republican, I vote for the person and what they stand for. He is disgusting. I cannot stand to look at his "Orangeness."

bigmamabird

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bigmamabird

If the people who took the time to vote in this poll and choose "it's better not to know" had bothered to vote in November, we would not be in this mess. Less than 1/4 of Americans elected Trump. Maybe this is what it will take to get the other half of eligible voters to realize how important it is to have their voices heard on election day.

glynis37

quality posts: 13 Private Messages glynis37
bigmamabird wrote:If the people who took the time to vote in this poll and choose "it's better not to know" had bothered to vote in November, we would not be in this mess. Less than 1/4 of Americans elected Trump. Maybe this is what it will take to get the other half of eligible voters to realize how important it is to have their voices heard on election day.

That may turn out to be the only good thing to come out of this. Let's make sure people remember it at the midterm elections and get out and vote (those that still can by then)!

robfly3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages robfly3

People ignore that basically half of the voters elected him and we are happy with the direction things are going. We just don't whine as loud as the rest of you.

netprophet1976

quality posts: 1 Private Messages netprophet1976

I said when he won the primary that he would be the death of the Republican Party, win or lose in November. I stand by that statement.

jcbroyes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jcbroyes
bigmamabird wrote:If the people who took the time to vote in this poll and choose "it's better not to know" had bothered to vote in November, we would not be in this mess. Less than 1/4 of Americans elected Trump. Maybe this is what it will take to get the other half of eligible voters to realize how important it is to have their voices heard on election day.

Oh I made sure that I voted in the primaries and general election...and NOT for our current version of Charles IV of France aka Charles the Mad.
I think the media should stop all their obsessive reporting of his every little tweet and stupid statements. They should just stop reporting anything about him.
Then we'd see how much he'd hate it if he wasn't the center of attention anymore if the only news about him was from his tweets. He'd be falling all over himself begging the media for attention.

He is such a rude spoiled brat-he can "dish it out" but sure can't take any of the same directed at him. He makes nasty comments about how people look...but he should take a solid look in a real mirror in good light. Did you ever notice he never buttons his jacket so he can hide his belly, and then his orange face with the white raccoon eyes, and how his hair has changed color several times this past 18 months. C'mon, if he is as rich as he says he is, his assets aren't liquid. Because if they were, then he'd be able to afford a trainer and a competent make-up artist!

DavidGilmour

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DavidGilmour

+1
People just need something to complain about always. That's all.

robfly3 wrote:People ignore that basically half of the voters elected him and we are happy with the direction things are going. We just don't whine as loud as the rest of you.

Calgaltoal

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Calgaltoal

So right, get out and vote next time. It is your duty as a citizen of this great country. Lukewarm is not good when it is about OUR country. Have some passion! Whether you are for the bombastic, ill mannered man or not. Everyone has a right to their opinion, but if you do not vote, you have no right to be sad or happy. I am thoroughly terrified. He broke his oath of office as soon as he took it and signed it because of all his holding and taking in foreign money. He should be arrested.

I like the comment to ignore his pompous, self-righteous comments, great idea, works for me.

avsfan80526

quality posts: 1 Private Messages avsfan80526

I do have to step away occasionally, because it seems to be bad for my health to feel angry and disgusted all the time. I voted. Everyone I know voted. I always vote. Thankfully, I still have the right to complain.