IdahoCowgirl

quality posts: 2 Private Messages IdahoCowgirl

I love my Woot shirts! They are unique and I get a lot of complements on the designs.

Lately, though, I have been less and less inclined to add to my collection.

The quality of the shirt material and construction is very, very cheap. I have some of the original shirts and they are much better quality. They have stood up to many wearings and washings.

I have two shirts I bought in the last year that after just a couple of wearings and washings have split the seams in the arm areas. When I try to repair them, the material is so flimsy, it's hard to get enough material to sew up well. I've tried both brands of shirts and both are equally cheap.

I've also noticed the bottom hem is shorter and rolls up or deforms after 1 washing.

I would pay for better quality! Any hope for that? Anyone else feel the same?

"This message is a natural product. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and are not to be considered flaws or defects."

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 976 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

IdahoCowgirl wrote:I love my Woot shirts! They are unique and I get a lot of complements on the designs.

Lately, though, I have been less and less inclined to add to my collection.

The quality of the shirt material and construction is very, very cheap. I have some of the original shirts and they are much better quality. They have stood up to many wearings and washings.

I have two shirts I bought in the last year that after just a couple of wearings and washings have split the seams in the arm areas. When I try to repair them, the material is so flimsy, it's hard to get enough material to sew up well. I've tried both brands of shirts and both are equally cheap.

I've also noticed the bottom hem is shorter and rolls up or deforms after 1 washing.

I would pay for better quality! Any hope for that? Anyone else feel the same?

Thank you for the feedback. I've passed it on to shirt.woot management.

*** Play TT's Clue EVERY THURSDAY at 9pm CT ***
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

Narfcake

quality posts: 378 Private Messages Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

IdahoCowgirl wrote:... The quality of the shirt material and construction is very, very cheap. I have some of the original shirts and they are much better quality. They have stood up to many wearings and washings. ...

The very original ones are manufactured by American Apparel -- all shirt.woot shirts up until 2012 are AA. Beyond the occasional hem that wasn't fully pressed, I have had very few issues with them, new or old.

From 2012 to 2014, Woot used custom blanks made by Anvil.

The current Anvil shirts have the really tight hem. Besides the cut and the shrinkage, those I have had the most issues with hems twisting/rolling and/or seams not holding up.

Could you post some pics?

No.1 rule of online apparel purchases: SIZING CHARTS! Unsure between standard and American Apparel (AA) options at shirt.woot? Read more about their differences here.

Like (or dislike) what you see at shirt.woot? Choose what prints at shirt.woot! Vote in the derby!

- Note: I am not staff. If you need help with your purchases, contact Support.

IdahoCowgirl

quality posts: 2 Private Messages IdahoCowgirl

I have some photos, but I am not a Snapchat or Instagram user, so I don't have a place to post them. Is there another way I can send those to you?

"This message is a natural product. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and are not to be considered flaws or defects."

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 976 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

IdahoCowgirl wrote:I have some photos, but I am not a Snapchat or Instagram user, so I don't have a place to post them. Is there another way I can send those to you?

You can upload them to imgur.com pretty easily and send a link to those photos to customer service.

Please use the Customer Service form for assistance.

*** Play TT's Clue EVERY THURSDAY at 9pm CT ***
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

Jennzilla

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Jennzilla

I've had problems with the seams coming apart, too. Also the print washing off. It's like the ink wasn't properly heat-sealed.

Narfcake

quality posts: 378 Private Messages Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

Jennzilla wrote:I've had problems with the seams coming apart, too. Also the print washing off. It's like the ink wasn't properly heat-sealed.

At least for Anvil, I've come to expect it already. This one is destined for the scissors.

As for the printing flaking off, it's probably an improper cure or misapplication of the pretreatment; I've had a couple bad ones myself. The majority has been fine, however, including ones that are NOT washed on cold and line dried.

Contact CS about those if you haven't yet.

No.1 rule of online apparel purchases: SIZING CHARTS! Unsure between standard and American Apparel (AA) options at shirt.woot? Read more about their differences here.

Like (or dislike) what you see at shirt.woot? Choose what prints at shirt.woot! Vote in the derby!

- Note: I am not staff. If you need help with your purchases, contact Support.