Poll: What's the best city in Ohio?
  • 26.3% - Cleveland 109
  • 21% - Columbus 87
  • 20% - Cincinnati 83
  • 11.8% - Toledo 49
  • 9.4% - Akron 39
  • 11.4% - Dayton 47
414 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

ardubu

quality posts: 9 Private Messages ardubu

Hey! Isn't that the state that shoots students?
According to CSNY - "Four Dead in Ohio?"

Ah, the hell with it.

artvandelay

quality posts: 0 Private Messages artvandelay

The best thing to come out of Ohio, is the turnpike.

Marcusx70

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Marcusx70

All the little chicks with the crimson lips yells Cleveland Rocks, Cleveland rocks.

SlytlyDerangd

quality posts: 3 Private Messages SlytlyDerangd

Everyone can keep hating on Ohio as much as you want. We love our state. I'm near Columbus but I enjoy Cinci too. Unfortunately, I haven't had a chance to tour the sights in Cleveland.
As for those voting for other cities aside from C-bus, we are getting nationwide exposure as one of the best cities. But as a big 3 of cities, we're all pretty awesome.

woottoow2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages woottoow2

Sandusky!

Inatangle

quality posts: 129 Private Messages Inatangle

The best city? It's Toledo, of course, because Toledo is a sacred place. (Haven't you ever heard anyone exclaim, "Holy Toledo?!?")

Actually, the very best city in Ohio is Canton---my grandparents lived there years ago. Biased? Who, me?

flower753

quality posts: 2 Private Messages flower753

Seeing as I live in Columbus, I had to put my vote there but all of the ones listed are great - and many others besides!

arosborn

quality posts: 2 Private Messages arosborn

One word: Cincinnati Chili. Okay that's two words, but I stand by my statement.

atvar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages atvar

The best city in Ohio is obviously Lima, because it is the hometown of Professional Wrestler Al Snow.

krittikae

quality posts: 29 Private Messages krittikae
ardubu wrote:Hey! Isn't that the state that shoots students?
According to CSNY - "Four Dead in Ohio?"

That was ONE time.

Vote!

Check out my catalog!

moles1138

quality posts: 46 Private Messages moles1138
krittikae wrote:That was ONE time.

47 YEARS AGO!

moles1138

atvar wrote:The best city in Ohio is obviously Lima, because it is the hometown of Professional Wrestler Al Snow.

...and Glee! ;P

moles1138

I like living in Tallmadge but it isn't the best. Kent is right next door. Akron is great. Lots to do. And we can get to Cleveland in less than an hour. Columbus in a few. Pittsburgh if we really want to in a couple.

netprophet1976

quality posts: 1 Private Messages netprophet1976
moles1138 wrote:I like living in Tallmadge but it isn't the best. Kent is right next door. Akron is great. Lots to do. And we can get to Cleveland in less than an hour. Columbus in a few. Pittsburgh if we really want to in a couple.

The best part about Ohio is that you can get to Pittsburgh in a couple hours...lol.

cklun

quality posts: 39 Private Messages cklun

Volunteer Moderator

ALL of them...except when it snows...

Austinburg, Leroy, Orwell, Claridon and Willoughby Hills are the best because you can get GARLIC BALLS there!

"I NEVER EVER share garlic balls!"]

moles1138

netprophet1976 wrote:The best part about Ohio is that you can get to Pittsburgh in a couple hours...lol.

A friend (cklun knows him too) was playing a bar there. He always tells the story about not being able to get out of Pittsburgh because when you think you can go that way it will take you a complete different direction. He wrote a song "Any Exit" about it. He even asked the bartender how to get somewhere. "I don't know, I could show you".

myimzadi

quality posts: 1 Private Messages myimzadi

Toledo, because that's where Klinger was from.
I ❤ MASH

Inatangle

quality posts: 129 Private Messages Inatangle
Inatangle wrote:The best city? It's Toledo, of course, because Toledo is a sacred place. (Haven't you ever heard anyone exclaim, "Holy Toledo?!?")

Actually, the very best city in Ohio is Canton---my grandparents lived there years ago. Biased? Who, me?

A couple more things about Canton, Ohio. The (President) McKinley monument is there, and also the National Football Hall of Fame. (If you want to go to either of these places, Canton is near Akron.)

goodlifegardens

quality posts: 1 Private Messages goodlifegardens

Isn't that the state where the river caught on fire?

sittle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sittle

What no Ashtabula? Shout out to Timmy Boo Henson of Distorted View!!