18 hours ago
Order Pace (rank):
Top 39% of Shirt Woots
Top 9% of all Woots
Woots Sold:

bluejester

quality posts: 602 Private Messages bluejester

*sniffle*

I miss the long, funny, and sometimes touching write-ups for the shirts.

AbdiViklas

quality posts: 0 Private Messages AbdiViklas

Wow, it's all there, right down to "...their blood has wash'd out their foul footsteps' pollution."

glynis37

quality posts: 13 Private Messages glynis37

Great design! The only problem is how you might feel about people leaning over and staring at your chest, since almost no-one knows more than the first verse.

joeedj

quality posts: 0 Private Messages joeedj

celebrate our countries independence ,with a foreign product.?

Narfcake

quality posts: 384 Private Messages Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

joeedj wrote:celebrate our countries independence ,with a foreign product.?

The AA shirts of yore would no longer going to be USA made.
http://nypost.com/2017/04/06/american-apparel-making-goods-outside-us-for-first-time/

From the shirt.woot blog post/discussion:

If you’re a shirt nerd, you may be familiar with the recent woes of American Apparel. Indeed, no sooner had they shed their super pervy exec than the whole company fell to pieces, and long story short: AA is about to be 86’d here. It’s a real bummer. We’ve been searching for a viable replacement, and frankly sourcing a domestic partner who makes blank tees in the quantities we need has proven well nigh impossible. Again, if you’re a shirt nerd, that won’t surprise you either. ...

So far, the Canvas shirts I've purchased from shirt.woot were Central America assembled of US Components (fabric and thread would be US sourced) or fully made in USA. That's still a plus over the lower priced Anvil which the fabric and threads are wholly made elsewhere.

No.1 rule of online apparel purchases: SIZING CHARTS! Unsure between standard and premium options at shirt.woot? Read more about their differences here.

Like (or dislike) what you see at shirt.woot? Choose what prints at shirt.woot! Vote in the derby!

- Note: I am not staff. If you need help with your purchases, contact Support.

robotrix

quality posts: 2 Private Messages robotrix
AbdiViklas wrote:Wow, it's all there, right down to "...their blood has wash'd out their foul footsteps' pollution."

The references to the enemy being anti-slavery?

saintsumatra

quality posts: 0 Private Messages saintsumatra
Narfcake wrote:So far, the Canvas shirts I've purchased from shirt.woot were Central America assembled of US Components (fabric and thread would be US sourced) or fully made in USA. That's still a plus over the lower priced Anvil which the fabric and threads are wholly made elsewhere.

Well if you can't find a reasonable US maker then why not look North...Gildan tees are better than these "Canvas Bellas!"

Narfcake

quality posts: 384 Private Messages Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

saintsumatra wrote:Well if you can't find a reasonable US maker then why not look North...Gildan tees are better than these "Canvas Bellas!"

Make note of who purchased AA in my previously linked NY Post article ...

"American Apparel had employed more than 6,000 workers in several factories in Los Angeles — before they were laid off in January."

As the shirt.woot blog/discussion thread post cited, "... sourcing a domestic partner who makes blank tees in the quantities we need has proven well nigh impossible." At the very least, a good number of the Bella/Canvas shirts currently being used the are USA made or uses US components (aka fabric and thread; the FTC has strict verbiage on what can constitute US sourced and not, which I won't get into here). Not all, but at least using US materials is better than none at all.

No.1 rule of online apparel purchases: SIZING CHARTS! Unsure between standard and premium options at shirt.woot? Read more about their differences here.

Like (or dislike) what you see at shirt.woot? Choose what prints at shirt.woot! Vote in the derby!

- Note: I am not staff. If you need help with your purchases, contact Support.

Inatangle

quality posts: 129 Private Messages Inatangle
bluejester wrote:*sniffle*

I miss the long, funny, and sometimes touching write-ups for the shirts.

I love the shirt write ups, whether they are short or long.

That being said, the link in the write up today that takes you to various attempts to sing the Star Spangled Banner... well, a couple of them made me laugh until I cried.

Inatangle

quality posts: 129 Private Messages Inatangle
glynis37 wrote:Great design! The only problem is how you might feel about people leaning over and staring at your chest, since almost no-one knows more than the first verse.

I know the first verse and 85 percent of the 2nd verse.