Back to Amazon.com

djcozmik

quality posts: 9 Private Messages djcozmik
tazfreeatlast wrote:...
I'm here for something unique, not something I can buy elsewhere...

" This shirt tells the world: “This is my Woot Shirt. There are many like it, but this one is mine.” "

danielvutran

quality posts: 16 Private Messages danielvutran

Who uses "pwn" anymore besides kids on Xbox Live?

Well then. I suppose this is going to sell out in no time.

yes it's me lol

dannmatthews

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dannmatthews
tazfreeatlast wrote:Yeah. I was VERY interested in it when I first saw it, then realized I had seen it before too.

Woot,
I'm here for something unique, not something I can buy elsewhere, even if it is by the same person.

Thanks Woot, but on principle, I'll have to pass.

It's not for sale anywhere else. Emptees is a site used for designers to show their designs to potential buyers (like woot)

this will be the first time this design touches cloth.

dannmatthews

tazfreeatlast wrote:Yeah. I was VERY interested in it when I first saw it, then realized I had seen it before too.

Woot,
I'm here for something unique, not something I can buy elsewhere, even if it is by the same person.

Thanks Woot, but on principle, I'll have to pass.

I removed it from Emptees to avoid this confusion. The artwork isn't for sale any longer anyway :D

etripoli

quality posts: 18 Private Messages etripoli
chrisprender wrote:And thus, the age-old debate over how to pronounce "pwn" was reopened.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pwn

I always thought the word was a 'vowel-less' portmanteau of the words 'pound' and 'own'. Therefore, it should be pronounced 'pone', like 'bone'. Which reminds me of a song:

(to the tune of If You're Happy And You Know It)
If you see me fraggin' players
Itsa Pwn (like bone!)
If you see me 'baggin' players
Itsa Pwn (not pune!)
If you run away and scream
Then I'll shoot you in the spleen
You better pronounce it right,
Ista Pwn (like hone!)

tmwilson87

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tmwilson87

Been looking for a fun shirt to start wooting with. The skull 'pin' is kinda meh, but I think Ill just get a cheap peace pin to put over it anyway, give it some 3d quality. Only plan to wear when with close friends bumming at home or when I'm not going to a wedding, hell, some of you are a bit snobby/ too worried about how people perceive you...

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
LTU99 wrote:I feel like it's a photoshopped picture that is boring. Adder about summed it up.

I'm pretty sure I said nothing about the tee, but since you're gonna back up my opinion pre-emptively, you'll be happy to know that, like almost all geek tees and reference tees, this is indeed a bland pile of horsepellets.

It should also be on white like the movie poster. Or at least not on black, where it blends in and doesn't look much of anything like the helmet it's supposed to look like.

studio1172

quality posts: 0 Private Messages studio1172

At first I was, "This is great!" And then I thought it looked fishy. I strongly suggest that Woot recognize that the image is merely a traced helmet from the Full Metal Jacket image. 95% of the image is the same.

I recall that Woot pulled a daily before for very similar reasons - Apesplosion

PacifisticKiller

quality posts: 1 Private Messages PacifisticKiller

It should have had the MGS: Peace Walker symbol. Sure beats a regular Peace Symbol.

Drakxxx

quality posts: 16 Private Messages Drakxxx

This shirt is suggesting the duality of man.

If it doesn't get it's head and it's ass wired together I will take a giant s--t on it.

eco2geek

quality posts: 51 Private Messages eco2geek
bassanimation wrote:I saw FMJ when I was a tiny kid. It left it's disturbing, dark tracks all over my tender, budding mind.

As they say, a mind is a terrible thing. Or in leetspeek, "0MFG D00D /\ M1ND 15 T3H 5ÜXX0ЯZ!!!1!!"

We have met the enemy and he is us. -- Pogo

bloodystinktube

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bloodystinktube
danielvutran wrote:Who uses "pwn" anymore besides kids on Xbox Live?

Well then. I suppose this is going to sell out in no time.

unfortunately, you're right. nothing makes me want to destroy a controller more than hearing some sh*that talking about pownage, powning, etc... thank cthulhu for the mute function!

impurity

quality posts: 2 Private Messages impurity

What do we get for ten dollars?

eastcobbler

quality posts: 10 Private Messages eastcobbler

No boom boom with black shirt. Black shirt too bookoo. Too bookoo.

beefjerky2009 wrote:like i'll ever wear something that says "pwn" on it

I love FMJ but, yeah.

eastcobbler

quality posts: 10 Private Messages eastcobbler
impurity wrote:What do we get for ten dollars?

perfect!!!!

danielvutran

quality posts: 16 Private Messages danielvutran
bloodystinktube wrote:unfortunately, you're right. nothing makes me want to destroy a controller more than hearing some sh*that talking about pownage, powning, etc... thank cthulhu for the mute function!

HAHAAHAHAHA I WISH I COULD FRIEND YOU JUST FOR THANKING "ctuhulhu". Unless it's a woot filter, in which case, damn you woot.

yes it's me lol

bunkerking2k5

quality posts: 12 Private Messages bunkerking2k5
dumbledore3 wrote:why is there tax today? i've never had to pay taxes before...

maybe it has to do with Amazon's acquisition of woot ?

JadenKale

quality posts: 186 Private Messages JadenKale
dannmatthews wrote:I removed it from Emptees to avoid this confusion. The artwork isn't for sale any longer anyway :D

Removing it from Emptees doesn't avoid confusion. Those of us who understand Emptees knows it's a popularity contest/shameless self-promotion site. Regardless if the design WAS listed for sale there, one click and it changes it from 'design for sale' to 'sold'. So I guess I'm confused as to why you decided to remove it entirely, since I DO understand the purpose of Emptees.

garfaloonarunner

quality posts: 0 Private Messages garfaloonarunner

I wish it was on a white t-shirt instead, but nonetheless great parody.

audient

quality posts: 3 Private Messages audient

How can you pwn women and children?

Easy. I just don't lead 'em as much.

bloodystinktube

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bloodystinktube
danielvutran wrote:HAHAAHAHAHA I WISH I COULD FRIEND YOU JUST FOR THANKING "ctuhulhu". Unless it's a woot filter, in which case, damn you woot.

no, that was all me. lol... always loved the insanity of the cthulhu mythos, and pretty much all of lovecraft's stuff. not sure if there is a filter.. i posted a degrading comment on deals.woot about all the crap ocheri keeps posting, and it just got straight deleted.

aoviss

quality posts: 23 Private Messages aoviss

From Woot prequel movie poster contest. Ahh, those were the days (Yes, mine. I think was 3rd or H.M., I forget)

Cruxis

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Cruxis
etripoli wrote:I always thought the word was a 'vowel-less' portmanteau of the words 'pound' and 'own'. Therefore, it should be pronounced 'pone', like 'bone'. Which reminds me of a song:

(to the tune of If You're Happy And You Know It)
If you see me fraggin' players
Itsa Pwn (like bone!)
If you see me 'baggin' players
Itsa Pwn (not pune!)
If you run away and scream
Then I'll shoot you in the spleen
You better pronounce it right,
Ista Pwn (like hone!)

It actually is a throwback from where most l33t-speak words come from, i.e. a slip of the fingers and placing a 'p' instead of an 'o' then following through with the replacement. (teh).

RaveDroid

quality posts: 15 Private Messages RaveDroid

ohmygosh from the thumbnail this design on a black shirt looked like the enlarged face of a piranha. Nearly scared the crap out of me.

p.s. I originally typed my go-to substitute "...scared the carp..." but I really didn't want to be so punny...

If you can read this, yourᅠbrowser'sᅠCompatibilityᅠsettings
areᅠconfiguredᅠcorrectly.ᅠᅠツ

dmsohyea

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dmsohyea

This shirt was made for FPS Doug.

profbrendan

quality posts: 7 Private Messages profbrendan

FINALLY, a shirt that expresses my love of selling old junk! Thank you Woot for helping me tell everyone that I was Born To Pawn!

...no?

frantix

quality posts: 2 Private Messages frantix
beefjerky2009 wrote:like i'll ever wear something that says "pwn" on it

That's my thoughts too. I heard someone use the word one day and I felt kind of embarrassed to be having a conversation with a grown man that would use that word. lol I associate it with 14 year olds but to each their own.

One of my favorite movies and imagery tho.

gyro8891

quality posts: 2 Private Messages gyro8891

"This is my Woot Shirt. There are many like it but this one is mine." <-lulz

Full cotton jacket?

samzzz

quality posts: 2 Private Messages samzzz

I've almost bought several woot shirts... this one I'm jumping for. Gamer hubby should like it.. He loves the movie.

xarous

quality posts: 50 Private Messages xarous

I may be my disposition of countless hours wasted in a different World filled with War and Craft, but I think the shirt tomorrow should be: "PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW!!!1" or just a simple /facepalm would suffice. /sarcasm

SlackBlade

quality posts: 2 Private Messages SlackBlade
vixro wrote:The skull is level 10 prestige in MW2, let's just hope the person wearing this shirt *earned* that reward instead of cheating it like most players!

Amen to that. I stopped playing MW2 for about 2 months now. Got tired of all the cheaters. Sad really.

In for 3 for my sons!

antipode

quality posts: 0 Private Messages antipode

I would've jumped on it if the pin were still a peace sign. As it stands with a MW2 reference, pass.

squeaks321

quality posts: 0 Private Messages squeaks321

At first, I thought this was a picture of a piranha, and it said "born to spwn".

orthancstone

quality posts: 1 Private Messages orthancstone
djcozmik wrote:" This shirt tells the world: “This is my Woot Shirt. There are many like it, but this one is mine.” "

Winner

NitsuaKun

quality posts: 49 Private Messages NitsuaKun

Does the other side have a tally of how many noobs have been pwned?

There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those who can read binary and those who can't.

RandomLynx

quality posts: 5 Private Messages RandomLynx

Wow, that's a really dark shirt... and by dark I mean the coloring and background.

ap210

quality posts: 48 Private Messages ap210
Mayday408 wrote:If you're older than 16, and wear this in public, you should really reevaluate your life.

If you're older than 16 and wear this in public then you have successfully not given a w00t about what some random person thinks about what you should wear in public.

1. 11/6Rmba
  2. 11/13Scba
  3. 11/16LtchWlssSystm
  4. 11/16Gmbrdg
  5. 11/16SnDskPlyr
  6. 11/16UFO
  7. 11/16LtchWlssHdphns"lbl fll ff"
  8. 11/17LtchXbxhdst
  9. 11/173xLkFrg
  10. 11/25iPdShfflClck
  11. 12/62xBpMntrs
  12. 12/133xNxs25XM

dannmatthews

JadenKale wrote:Removing it from Emptees doesn't avoid confusion. Those of us who understand Emptees knows it's a popularity contest/shameless self-promotion site. Regardless if the design WAS listed for sale there, one click and it changes it from 'design for sale' to 'sold'. So I guess I'm confused as to why you decided to remove it entirely, since I DO understand the purpose of Emptees.

It avoids confusion for people like that particular poster I responded to. Also, the point of having it on there was to try to sell the design, I have sold it to Woot, so there was really no reason to keep the for sale sign up, and it hadn't been commented or voted on for months, so there was really no purpose for it to remain.

I'm glad to have a design that upsets just as many as it pleases today. Spices up the comments section. Thanks all!

Session88

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Session88
Tetrapaq wrote:I don't know if its me but the brown stuff looks like a decapitated monkey....

i definitely saw an orangutang

ccyanescens

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ccyanescens

I like the design, but I think it would have been much nicer with a white shirt/background, a la the poster and DVD case.
The black is sort of overwhelming...