3 months ago
Order Pace (rank):
Top 40% of Shirt Woots
Top 11% of all Woots
Woots Sold:

Quality Posts

chrisprender

quality posts: 312 Private Messages chrisprender

Somebody get Peter Jackson on the phone to make this movie.

sacrerouge

quality posts: 18 Private Messages sacrerouge

I thought the Kraken was a squid

bluejester

quality posts: 602 Private Messages bluejester

bpr2

quality posts: 186 Private Messages bpr2

Is the building supposed to be what's cracking? I just don't understand this shirt. Someone please explain it to me.

Assassin15

quality posts: 161 Private Messages Assassin15

King Kalamari?

Think of best friends/ Think of strangers/ Think of lovers/ Think of foes/ Think of children/ Think of family/ Keep in mind that nothing stays

bluejester

quality posts: 602 Private Messages bluejester

Think fast, it's a pun alert!

There's something fishy about this shirt!

sarahlav

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sarahlav

wished for a random sale... this is certainly random but not what i wished for Genie!

JadenKale

quality posts: 186 Private Messages JadenKale

The reason people think he's there: to take over all of New York, cover it in ink, and make us all his human slave worshipers.

The real reason he's up there: Protesting the lack of funding for the C.A.A.O. or Cephalopod Amputee Awareness Organization.

lonelypond

quality posts: 682 Private Messages lonelypond

So many thoughts...swinging somewhere between nicely cartoony color, is that too far to go on a first date and gee, cousin Kraken there looks a little acrophobic.

chrisprender

Preventing the inevitable octopi-octopuses-octopodes discussion:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFyY2mK8pxk

laurafoy

quality posts: 3 Private Messages laurafoy

What makes this a Kraken rather than just your garden variety giant octopus?

jobezark

quality posts: 9 Private Messages jobezark

Well at least it's not another zombie shirt

www.jobezark.com

woolysockofdoom

quality posts: 16 Private Messages woolysockofdoom

What must be done?

chrisprender

bpr2 wrote:Is the building supposed to be what's cracking? I just don't understand this shirt. Someone please explain it to me.

I think it's a play on the classic King Kong climbing the Empire State Building motif.

sparrowhawk69

quality posts: 66 Private Messages sparrowhawk69

he just thought the Empire State Building needed a hug.

Sparrowhawk69

Medicfrost

quality posts: 51 Private Messages Medicfrost

I found a really good Kraken recipe.

Sephirage

quality posts: 31 Private Messages Sephirage

Armed with my trusty Game Boy Advance, I distinctly remember fighting Kraken in Golden Sun, except that it was purple. (The thought of more than one Kraken makes me quiver.) Hell, I remember becoming so frustrated at trying to beat this damn thing. If it could talk, it would've said, "Hey man, here's your ass back."

infinitezero

quality posts: 5 Private Messages infinitezero

Uh Oh i hope Kraken knows what he is doing encroaching on King Kong's territory like that. This might develop into a Money Vs Squid war, if that were a possibility.

PixelPants

quality posts: 74 Private Messages PixelPants

That answers the question where baby eight story appartment buildings come from.

porridge

quality posts: 4 Private Messages porridge

See, I always told everyone that land-octopi were humanity's greatest threat, but they never listened. Well, now they know.

jeanerz13

quality posts: 9 Private Messages jeanerz13

Does anyone else see a face on the octopus? Particularly, it looks like George C Scott to me...

Assassin15

quality posts: 161 Private Messages Assassin15
chrisprender wrote:Preventing the inevitable octopi-octopuses-octopodes discussion:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFyY2mK8pxk

That's all well and good, but this is a kraken not an octopus! What's the plural of kraken then, anyway? Kraki? Krakenses? Kraktopodes?

And on a rather unrelated note, how long do you think he will be able to stay up there? Probly not much more than 11 hours 43 minutes, I'm thinking.

Think of best friends/ Think of strangers/ Think of lovers/ Think of foes/ Think of children/ Think of family/ Keep in mind that nothing stays

bluesluke

quality posts: 13 Private Messages bluesluke

I only count SEVEN legs.

gravityisweak

quality posts: 28 Private Messages gravityisweak

Maybe its actually a normal sized octopus with a really small model of the empire state building. And also, its in a fish tank.

melonberree

quality posts: 3 Private Messages melonberree

probably just trying to work his way through college with a little pole dancing on the side

NameyMcName

quality posts: 10 Private Messages NameyMcName
Assassin15 wrote:That's all well and good, but this is a kraken not an octopus! What's the plural of kraken then, anyway? Kraki? Krakenses? Kraktopodes?

And on a rather unrelated note, how long do you think he will be able to stay up there? Probly not much more than 11 hours 43 minutes, I'm thinking.

Krake is singular and Kraken is plural. Or maybe it's the other way; not sure.

Edit: http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kraken says Kraken is plural and Krake is singular, but it isn't talking about the mythical creature.

gravityisweak

quality posts: 28 Private Messages gravityisweak

Is the shirt in the picture actually black, or navy like the description says? I swear it looks black. It's confusing.

jeanerz13

quality posts: 9 Private Messages jeanerz13
gravityisweak wrote:Is the shirt in the picture actually black, or navy like the description says? I swear it looks black. It's confusing.

It's definitely navy. If you pull up another shirt that was on black (like Minor Modifications) in another tab and click back and forth you'll see the difference...the navy looks kind of like a washed out black in their cartoon template... It looks like a real navy when you get the actual shirt.

valianteffort

quality posts: 29 Private Messages valianteffort

That octopus really should be attacking Detroit! In revenge of all of his little brothers being desecrated at Red Wings games.

DianaSprinkle

quality posts: 174 Private Messages DianaSprinkle

That's one big serving of Calamari.

jermaniac

quality posts: 3 Private Messages jermaniac

Is this a giant cousin of the Pacific Northwest Tree Octopus?

SunflowerPrincess

quality posts: 18 Private Messages SunflowerPrincess

Can someone tell me what the womens shirts look like? Are they basically the same as the mens shirts, just sized differently?

Oops, my Tiara slipped!

radharose

quality posts: 0 Private Messages radharose

Haha, the "rooftop garden in the shade" bit put a smile on my face.

RobinBobcat

quality posts: 56 Private Messages RobinBobcat
SunflowerPrincess wrote:Can someone tell me what the womens shirts look like? Are they basically the same as the mens shirts, just sized differently?

Being of the Y Chromosome end of things, I don't know from personal experience, but it's my understanding that they are cut with a wider chest and narrower waist, to fit better over certain secondary sexual attributes. Standard 'women's tee' design, with the caveat that the shirts are made smaller than many.

A little disappointed they only come with *two* sleeves, though.. because, you know, an octopus/pode wearing one of these would be awesome.

Meow

Go Squarryls!

odysseyroc

quality posts: 36 Private Messages odysseyroc

Congrats on the print, Alex! I hope this stays in the reckoning for a while.

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 303 Private Messages Spiritgreen

Congrats on your first major printing!

Awesome lines and colors, they'll look great on Woot's navy tee.

kevlar51

quality posts: 54 Private Messages kevlar51

Congrats on the print, Alex!

Jestik

quality posts: 50 Private Messages Jestik

in for one!