Derby #106: Double-Take Derby 6
You know how we keep telling you that you’ll see each week’s Honorable Mentions again in our next Double-Take Derby? Well, here it is, the second hurrah for the also-rans from Derbies #92 and #94-104. Our moderators will be resting their rejecting fingers and loading up on electrolytes, but you designers should sketch up your entries for the special super-special Derby we’ll be running after this one (details below). Spoiler alert: it’s our first non-t-shirt Derby…
Designers: if you sold or submitted your Honorable Mention design elsewhere, or opted out of including your design in the Double-Take Derby, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org by noon tomorrow and let us know. Any design found for sale, having sold, or submitted to another site for voting will not be eligible for the Double-Take Derby and will be removed from consideration.
You’ll definitely want an early start wrapping your head around our next Derby:
Derby #107: Bags
Don’t get us wrong, we love our Shirt.Woot bag. But we have needs. Needs that might be better met in an open-bag relationship. Could you be one of those special someones who designs the shirt package of our dreams? Could this be the chance to realize your commercial package design dreams? Well, let’s both of us stop dreaming, because there’s some weird stuff you gotta keep in mind for this one.
- All submissions must use our bag template, in AI, EPS, or PSD format.
- Designs can use only three ink colors: black, Shirt.Woot blue, and Shirt.Woot yellow.
- The bag must be white.
- Designs must incorporate our exclamation-point mark, included in each template. This can be scaled but not stretched, skewed, or otherwise altered. The exclamation point must be white on a solid background of black, Shirt.Woot blue, or Shirt.Woot yellow.
- 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place will receive a flat fee of $1000 and no commissions.
- You will be credited by name on the printed bags. Do not use the strip across the top of the template, which is set aside for this purpose.
- We’re not necessarily looking for Shirt.Woot-themed designs. Do whatever, as long as it includes our mark and follows all the other rules, for this Derby and the Derby in general.
- We reserve the right to reject entries that don’t meet our standards or reflect on our company in ways we don’t like. We’ll be sending these bags to thousands of people for a long time to come, so we have in an interest in them not being too crappy, obnoxious, or stupid.
- Derby #107 opens for entries at noon on Friday, August 7.
All those rules for a work of art that will be thrown away by everybody who gets it? That’s commerce for you.