grypes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages grypes
Drakxxx wrote:Figure I'd try a little comedy this week guys. Hope you don't mind.

nooooo

comedic sketchy illustrative style entries are in my domain!

now we must have a turf war!

then again... mine is a little darker than normal than this week...

I suppose we can call it even...

but i've got my eyes on you. -.-

katfin25

quality posts: 1 Private Messages katfin25
studio1172 wrote:Yes this is just plain wrong. Pigs eating pigs is one thing but pigs eating pigs that love them is sick.

Suggestions? I got other ideas but need a couple days.

hahaha wow that is messed up, I have no suggestions for you, I like it the way it is!

okay Edit lol: I took another look for another laugh, the feet make me think of elephants, since pigs have hooves maybe change the feet and the hands - have you ever watched Sponge Bob? (yeah okay I'm a dork) I say that because I like how you gave them fingers, but I think you could do something with hooves into fingers like Sponge Bob's Mr Krab's does with his claws. Sometimes he has magical "fingers" from his claws, but it works for the cartoon, and I think it would work really well for this design too.

Do you like beer? Then check out
brewlimination.com

Do NOT EVER purchase Bella Terra Cosmetics!

elleronn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages elleronn
theinfinityloop wrote:I've been feeling weird today so I made something weird.

Cookout in the Valley

Close-up

I think the blue guy should have a different face....maybe more menacing or hungry?

elleronn

[quote postid="3236903" user="studio1172"]Yes this is just plain wrong. Pigs eating pigs is one thing but pigs eating pigs that love them is sick.

The boy pig comes across as a little "elephantish"...maybe make him a little rounder. I think the girl should be plump and juicy (more appetizing)

theinfinityloop

quality posts: 6 Private Messages theinfinityloop
elleronn wrote:I think the blue guy should have a different face....maybe more menacing or hungry?

But he's emo, you see.

hishandsare1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hishandsare1
Drakxxx wrote:Figure I'd try a little comedy this week guys. Hope you don't mind.

Purple right? One eyed, one horned, flying, purple people eater?

adamsw216

quality posts: 3 Private Messages adamsw216
elleronn wrote:I think the blue guy should have a different face....maybe more menacing or hungry?

Isn't he gray?

I think his expression is fine. He looks bored... just waiting for those animals to cook so he can finally enjoy some food after a long day of terrorizing the countryside.

elleronn

theinfinityloop wrote:But he's emo, you see.

If that's the case, he needs the bangs to cover his eyes....

Icemank91

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Icemank91

Hmm... I think I liked the plain version the best. :D

White lines on navy blue perhaps?

katfin25

quality posts: 1 Private Messages katfin25
hishandsare1 wrote:Purple right? One eyed, one horned, flying, purple people eater?

ha.ha when I was little I watched this video tape with lots of singing and they sang that song, and then the monster appeared and all the kids were scared of being eaten, and the monster said "no I only eat purple people!"

unfortunately I have no recollection what color the monster actually was in that tape, only the silly bit of humor because its the type of joke my dad would make (okay not about eating people but a play on grammar and bad puns..)

Do you like beer? Then check out
brewlimination.com

Do NOT EVER purchase Bella Terra Cosmetics!

Drakxxx

quality posts: 16 Private Messages Drakxxx
hishandsare1 wrote:Purple right? One eyed, one horned, flying, purple people eater?

Yeah, he's a purple people eater

Icemank91

Drakxxx wrote:Yeah, he's a purple people eater

Say that 7 times fast.

MaryESP

quality posts: 1 Private Messages MaryESP

Cookout in the Valley

Close-up

I actually love his bored look. It seems to me like he had some great disappointment and went all nihilist on his forest home.

Great job.

hishandsare1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hishandsare1
Drakxxx wrote:Yeah, he's a purple people eater

I watched that movie when I was a kid too. I love this shirt already.

TobiasAmaranth

quality posts: 30 Private Messages TobiasAmaranth

Cookout in the Valley

Close-up

Nooooo! Poor fox! ;_;

Woot's Men's Smalls: A speck on a shirt that might be art. Don't bother...

Icemank91

I think this one gets the point across the best. :D

elleronn

[quote postid="3237058" user="Icemank91"]

FAVORITE!

Radscoolian

quality posts: 23 Private Messages Radscoolian

Cookout in the Valley

Close-up

This is great. I would totally buy this shirt. too bad I have no moneys

Icemank91

I think this might break the text rule... but If I made it into a 'bar and grill' sort of logo would it be ok?

godslinger

quality posts: 0 Private Messages godslinger
jasneko wrote:Here's what I'm working on...
when skewers are in such close contact, there must be a little eyeballing/flirtation going on...
At first I was going to make everyone all flirty with everyone, but then I changed to maybe just a few. I was also going to do 2 skewers, but then I liked the one on its own. Any thoughts?
Undecided on the shirt color/coloring.

Ooohh I really like this one. Orange or kelly green.

godslinger

Irrelevant wrote:I'm going to stick to my guns on the orange I think. It's just felt right to me the whole time. This is it for now:

Knowing me though, I'll get away from it for a few hours and end up deciding you are right as always, boots.

edit: this is on RED, the only color I think i'd consider after going through them all...

Red looks great! I really want an orange shirt, but this looks so good on the red. I would vote for this!

Leahbh

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Leahbh
grypes wrote:I love your sight. I guess my only instinct concern is that the ham looks sort of yam-ish.

As for the question someone else posed about the eggs staying on the grill... maybe a hot plate on the irons? but that's a loose technicality.

I love it.

How can it look like a yam? It's green. I knew immediately what the reference was. Keep it as is boots! I want it.

godslinger

elleronn wrote:Anyone doing roadkill?

I was thinking a redneck-style pick up with goofy-eyed couple heaping stiff squirrels into the back...maybe a smoking BBQ grill in the background...just an idea...

YES! Gotta have the armadillo roasting on a car engine!!

Andijoy1981

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Andijoy1981
snarkygal wrote:From what I've seen so far, this Derby will be just like all the rest. Dragons, fairy tales, etc.

Doesn't anybody design with ADULTS that aren't dorks and dweebs and gamers anymore?

I don't know why I bother to even look.

You could always design something.

dea007

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dea007
krisrobinson wrote:Thanks. I also just realized that the more common expression is OMGWTFBBQ which is much harder to illustrate.

Here's an idea that only just pitched for a daily this week... I don't know if you can do both?

Out of all the versions you posted, I like the original the most. I think it's predictable that the fox is thinking about eating Mr. Piggy, but it was unexpected (at least to me) that the pig was thinking "King me"

godslinger

dankstick wrote:I have a few ideas to give...

1) Grill Shaped like the death star... with the Millennium Falcon flying around... but the Falcon is actually a hamburger. It looks like a burger anyway, bacon sticking out, pickle kinda lending to its shape. Grill is a spherical model, with wheels that is obviously the death star.

2) Ninja posing with grilling utensils as if they were weaponry... next to a grill.

3) Items on a grill that form a happy face, like hamburger eyes and hot dog mouth.

4) Some hot dogs trying to rescue another that slipped between the grill and is about to fall to the embers.

Otherwise, here is my only attempt. I can do so much better, I just have no ideas that match my amateur skills.

#1!

godslinger

jasneko wrote:And here is my other skewer idea...
The top ones are still blisfully unaware, but the bottom ones start knowing what's coming...
again undecided on colors... here's two.
Also thinking about black, orange, red, cranberry and grass!

I love this better than the other one you posted. Especially on the kelly green.

dea007

Draike wrote:A rough sketch / colortest of my current idea. Working title is "FOOM!" ...because that's what this sounds like.

I think I'm going to add a bottle of lighter fluid on the ground to tie this one together.

This just made me think of a friend of mine who got a new grill, and long story short, singed his eyebrows off. It was hilarious!

jasneko

quality posts: 32 Private Messages jasneko

Start of a design still in progress... "cabbage roast"... any thoughts? Or shirt color suggestions?

dea007

Icemank91 wrote:I think this might break the text rule... but If I made it into a 'bar and grill' sort of logo would it be ok?

It made more since to me when there was Captain Ahab standing there. That being said, I like the ones without all of the extra color.

Draike

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Draike

Eh, not liking it so much now. I'm going to sleep on it and maybe come up with something else in the morning.

dea007

ThreeMpress wrote:This Is one of my ideas for the BBQ theme. Please comment!

I think that you should have something on the grill...kinda of like the "Eat more chicken" cows from Chik-fil-A

godslinger

jasneko wrote:Thanks!

And just in case there's any confusion, I have 2 skewer designs up (I plan to submit both), the scared vertical veggies over a grill, and the flirty diagonal ones, no grill: )

Don't submit both b/c then you'll split your votes like on the dance derby. Just do the green scared veggies over the fire. The 2 designs are too close together that ppl will just pick their favorite and not vote for both.

mjc613

quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613

Cookout in the Valley

There is something very endearingly Edgarish about this. Notsure about the gray, but everything else works great for me.

melissadrag

quality posts: 3 Private Messages melissadrag
Radscoolian wrote:Here is what I have been working on

LOVE THIS ONE!! Definitely will vote and buy this one

godslinger

Cookout in the Valley

Close-up

lol this is very cute!!

jasneko

godslinger wrote:I love this better than the other one you posted. Especially on the kelly green.

Thanks godslinger.
Actually I have 2 different skewer designs up here for feedback (planning to submit both as long as there is interest), and that includes the kellygreen one (with the scared veggies) you like!
Here's the updated other skewer design though, if you have any feedback on that:

melissadrag

quality posts: 3 Private Messages melissadrag
omnitarian wrote:Thanks for the feedback! I completely agree that there are so many ways to plus-one this basic concept, and make a more interesting shirt as a result. If I could go back to my sketching stage I could experiment, but I'm not really good at adding onto an image once its done :x I'll keep it simple this time around and see what happens.

Also, I totally wanted to slap something hilarious on his apron but I was concerned with breaking incidental text, and also messing up the image's visual balance. (Not to mention that I couldn't possibly think up a G-rated beaver joke that hasn't already been done to the point of corniness...)

Moreover: Color! But I need input vis-a-vis; BBQ sauce outline- Yea or Nay? For some reason it really changes it the look of the shirt, but I'm having a hard time deciding between 'em.

I like the outlining and love the concept and art. This would be a must buy for me.

jasneko

godslinger wrote:Don't submit both b/c then you'll split your votes like on the dance derby. Just do the green scared veggies over the fire. The 2 designs are too close together that ppl will just pick their favorite and not vote for both.

Really, do you think so? In the dance derby, they were the exact same design with different colors so I see your point - I didn't really want to submit 2, but a lot of people were asking me to submit the rainbow one.
In this case though, these are actually 2 independent designs with different themes, but the same subjects/style/coloring...
But the idea behind the shirts are different - one is supposed to be flirtatious skewers, and the other is the skewers approaching a grill.
Do they not seem different?:/

AttilaTheMom

quality posts: 5 Private Messages AttilaTheMom
xtinaftw wrote:Any comments or suggestions for me?

I'd suggest calling it Got Propane? which makes more sense to me than gas. Otherwise, simple and to the point, I dunno what else you could add.

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH........ whatever.