3 months ago
Order Pace (rank):
Bottom 37% of Shirt Woots
Top 33% of all Woots
Woots Sold:

Quality Posts

morewine

quality posts: 1 Private Messages morewine

Isn't there another site that uses this saying? Sorta weird that you're treading on their catchphrase/motto/brandname.

jeffdoh

quality posts: 8 Private Messages jeffdoh

Pretty clueless, Woot.

Jeffrey Lax

jeffdoh

Imagine Under Armour putting a Nike logo on their t-shirts!

morewine wrote:Isn't there another site that uses this saying? Sorta weird that you're treading on their catchphrase/motto/brandname.

Jeffrey Lax

qazxswe

quality posts: 12 Private Messages qazxswe
jeffdoh wrote:Imagine Under Armour putting a Nike logo on their t-shirts!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Nike is a trademarked logo.

Nobody trademarked Mr Shruggie.

🐧Too cool to have a signature.🐧

jeffdoh

Boy, I think you're missing the point here...

qazxswe wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but Nike is a trademarked logo.

Nobody trademarked Mr Shruggie.

Jeffrey Lax

qazxswe

jeffdoh wrote:Boy, I think you're missing the point here...

Ok. So you're referring to the term Mehvolution.

Just wondering which part of this would be legally questionable, since adding meh to words was thought up by the users.

(It's been a while since I studied the legal aspect of things like this, so I'm curious.)

donperros

quality posts: 2 Private Messages donperros
jeffdoh wrote:Imagine Under Armour putting a Nike logo on their t-shirts!

I think it's more like Reebok selling shoes with a Nike logo on them. (Basically the same, except that Under Armour primarily sells "not-shoes" and Nike primarily sells "shoes" - unless things have changed since I wore sneakers regularly.)

jeffdoh

It's not a legal issue! It's a stupidity issue! Why is Woot promoting, on its own shirts, their competitor!

qazxswe wrote:Ok. So you're referring to the term Mehvolution.

Just wondering which part of this would be legally questionable, since adding meh to words was thought up by the users.

(It's been a while since I studied the legal aspect of things like this, so I'm curious.)

Jeffrey Lax

jeffdoh

Yes, fine. But mainly we agree: it's epically stupid!

donperros wrote:I think it's more like Reebok selling shoes with a Nike logo on them. (Basically the same, except that Under Armour primarily sells "not-shoes" and Nike primarily sells "shoes" - unless things have changed since I wore sneakers regularly.)

Jeffrey Lax

qazxswe

jeffdoh wrote:It's not a legal issue! It's a stupidity issue! Why is Woot promoting, on its own shirts, their competitor!

1. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
2. Your usage of an example involving blatant copyright violations threw me off.

Narfcake

quality posts: 394 Private Messages Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

jeffdoh wrote:It's not a legal issue! It's a stupidity issue! Why is Woot promoting, on its own shirts, their competitor!

Calm down!

I don't know if you realize it, but this design was voted for by Wooters via the shirt.woot derby. And it's not the first "meh" shirt to print here.

No.1 rule of online apparel purchases: SIZING CHARTS! Unsure about classic and fitted options at shirt.woot? Comments on the new pricing? Read more about that here.

Do you like (or dislike) what you see at shirt.woot? Choose what prints at shirt.woot! Vote in the derby!
- Note: I am not staff. If you need help with your purchases, contact Support.

jeffdoh

I'm calm, it's not my company. Wooters voting on it is because you Woot presented the shirt as one to be voted on.

I'm not upset about this. Why would I be?

I think what we're all saying is...it's not too smart!

Take it as...you know, constructive criticism. That's all.

Narfcake wrote:Calm down!

I don't know if you realize it, but this design was voted for by Wooters via the shirt.woot derby. And it's not the first "meh" shirt to print here.

Jeffrey Lax

Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

jeffdoh wrote:I'm calm, it's not my company. Wooters voting on it is because you Woot presented the shirt as one to be voted on.

I'm not upset about this. Why would I be?

I think what we're all saying is...it's not too smart!

Take it as...you know, constructive criticism. That's all.

Reread my last post. It's not the first meh shirt to print here.

Stop looking beyond the message. Meh is a noncommittal reaction, and that's all it is. If you're thinking about a brand, that's unintendedly your thoughts.

Besides Woot has disparaged themselves in many different ways over the years. You can even buy an "I miss the old woot!" shirt here. It's fine.

(BTW, the derby entries are submitted by Wooters also.)

No.1 rule of online apparel purchases: SIZING CHARTS! Unsure about classic and fitted options at shirt.woot? Comments on the new pricing? Read more about that here.

Do you like (or dislike) what you see at shirt.woot? Choose what prints at shirt.woot! Vote in the derby!

Inatangle

quality posts: 149 Private Messages Inatangle

Congrats on the Derby win, acraig!

caityjean

quality posts: 2 Private Messages caityjean

Great idea and I really like your execution. For a design about not caring you sure seem to have put in a lot of thought and effort to make it looks so nice.

Vote! → Buy! →
View My Catalog!

therealjrn

quality posts: 82 Private Messages therealjrn

You guys think this shirt is a bad idea, guess who is double-dipping in the VolMod pool? lol

Congratulations @Acraigl!

heartny

quality posts: 9 Private Messages heartny

Ordered the shirt. Now I want the flag.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

poopycakes

quality posts: 12 Private Messages poopycakes

Great design acraigl and that flag is awesome

moles1138

quality posts: 49 Private Messages moles1138

Congrats, acraigl!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 1034 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

morewine wrote:Isn't there another site that uses this saying? Sorta weird that you're treading on their catchphrase/motto/brandname.

The word “meh” has been in use long before the company was created.

Urban Dictionary has the first entry dates 2002.

And I doubt many people seeing this shirt in the wild would think it’s an advertisement.

(Except for Today)
** You must log in with Amazon EVERY time **
To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's UPDATED Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with expedited items

acraigl

quality posts: 225 Private Messages acraigl

Wow! Lots of interesting comments to wake up to. Appreciate the support and votes on this design. Thanks everyone!

Also, this.

VOTE >

stevenshepherd

quality posts: 6 Private Messages stevenshepherd

Exactly! I have said "Meh" for over 25 years, long before I ever saw a "Meh" shirt. Same with ...."As F***" - I should have trademarked that 2 decades ago

Narfcake wrote:Reread my last post. It's not the first meh shirt to print here.

Stop looking beyond the message. Meh is a noncommittal reaction, and that's all it is. If you're thinking about a brand, that's unintendedly your thoughts.

Besides Woot has disparaged themselves in many different ways over the years. You can even buy an "I miss the old woot!" shirt here. It's fine.

(BTW, the derby entries are submitted by Wooters also.)

oddsbeater1

quality posts: 6 Private Messages oddsbeater1

"MEH" thanks you for the plug!

I think, therefore.."I-M".

MrBignell

quality posts: 20 Private Messages MrBignell
acraigl wrote:Wow! Lots of interesting comments to wake up to. Appreciate the support and votes on this design. Thanks everyone!

Congrats on the win, ACraigl! Or, I mean, meh. ;)

Oh, if you run for two more days you'll sweep the podium! Has that ever happened before?

kg07

quality posts: 12 Private Messages kg07

Congrats on the win acraigl! Had no idea this was a controversial design. Whatever.

Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

MrBignell wrote:Congrats on the win, ACraigl! Or, I mean, meh. ;)

Oh, if you run for two more days you'll sweep the podium! Has that ever happened before?

Two wins, multiple times. A triple sweep, never.

kg07 wrote:Congrats on the win acraigl! Had no idea this was a controversial design. Whatever.

This is Woot. Folks have even been offended by blank shirts.

acraigl

quality posts: 225 Private Messages acraigl
MrBignell wrote:Oh, if you run for two more days you'll sweep the podium! Has that ever happened before?

I'm simply not that optimistic.

VOTE >

Bohsky

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Bohsky

Today I learned something. Before reading this thread I didn't even know about the company people mentioned. As for me, it more looks like they are promoting it, not the shirt itself)

qazxswe

acraigl wrote:Wow! Lots of interesting comments to wake up to. Appreciate the support and votes on this design. Thanks everyone!

Also, this.

I aim to make things interesting. Unless it involves work.

Then it's somebody else's job.

qazxswe

Narfcake wrote:This is Woot. Folks have even been offended by blank shirts.

I must have missed those shirts. I would have been protesting those.

Meanwhile, I found a completely appropriate and relevant song, but due to certain factors, I'm holding back.

Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

qazxswe wrote:I must have missed those shirts. I would have been protesting those.

Meanwhile, I found a completely appropriate and relevant song, but due to certain factors, I'm holding back.

Green Space was offered before my time here too, but here's the discussion:
https://shirt.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=1539236

qazxswe

Narfcake wrote:Green Space was offered before my time here too, but here's the discussion:

How dare Woot sell something as offensive as a green t-shirt?!?

This is one of the most offensive shirts I've ever seen being sold by Woot.

And don't even get me started on the product description.

(Apologies. I'd complain, but I'm cold and I'm not liking the snow.)

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 1034 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

qazxswe wrote:How dare Woot sell something as offensive as a green t-shirt?!?

This is one of the most offensive shirts I've ever seen being sold by Woot.

And don't even get me started on the product description.

(Apologies. I'd complain, but I'm cold and I'm not liking the snow.)

(Except for Today)
** You must log in with Amazon EVERY time **
To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's UPDATED Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with expedited items

scrabblefish

quality posts: 31 Private Messages scrabblefish
Narfcake wrote:Green Space was offered before my time here too, but here's the discussion:

The righteous (or unrighteous depending on your POV) indignation! Slay me now, lol.

jmbunkin

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jmbunkin

I already have 4 real Meh tees !

qazxswe

ThunderThighs wrote:

Want some snow mailed to you?

MrBignell

quality posts: 20 Private Messages MrBignell

Haha, that's awesome. We wouldn't need a greenscreen if we wore those, eh Narf?

Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

qazxswe wrote:... (Apologies. I'd complain, but I'm cold and I'm not liking the snow.)

Shiver

MrBignell wrote:Haha, that's awesome. We wouldn't need a greenscreen if we wore those, eh Narf?

I don't know, but if that doesn't work, then this shirt will.

Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator