Back to Amazon.com

Inatangle

quality posts: 150 Private Messages Inatangle

A few of you may already have seen this post, as I made it late in the last Derby. This is the last time I'll make it.

Hey skilled & clever shirt designers...

I am dealing with a chronic health problem. I've had it for more than 25 years, and it's been stable. Until now. I'm experiencing the worst flare up that I've ever had in my life.

I am treating it as aggressively as I can, but I feel like it's fighting right back. At the same time, I just found out that my insurance company will not adequately cover some treatments that would really help me. I'm still kind of in shock about this. Nothing like treating chronic health problems on a chintzy insurance budget.

To top it off, the little job shop that I work for has gotten crazily busy. My time is at a premium right now.

All of this to say that I've had to downscale my participation in the Derbies. I'm really sorry that I have to do that. I love looking at Derby entries and commenting on them. It's like walking through an art gallery!

I am still voting in the Derbies, and hanging around the website some. When my life finally get under control, I want to get back to more active participation.

Keep up the clever designing! You guys are the greatest! You've all added so much joy (and many new tee shirts) to my life.

Inatangle (for real!)

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 1036 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Inatangle wrote: A few of you may already have seen this post, as I made it late in the last Derby. This is the last time I'll make it.

I am dealing with a chronic health problem. I've had it for more than 25 years, and it's been stable. Until now. I'm experiencing the worst flare up that I've ever had in my life.
Inatangle (for real!)

You take care of yourself! Can't wait to have you back on a regular basis again!

** You must log in with Amazon EVERY time **
To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's UPDATED Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with expedited items

kg07

quality posts: 13 Private Messages kg07
Re: The Very Patriotic Caterpillar

Nicely done acraigl! gmv

kg07

Inatangle wrote: A few of you may already have seen this post, as I made it late in the last Derby. This is the last time I'll make it.

I am treating it as aggressively as I can, but I feel like it's fighting right back. At the same time, I just found out that my insurance company will not adequately cover some treatments that would really help me. I'm still kind of in shock about this. Nothing like treating chronic health problems on a chintzy insurance budget.

To top it off, the little job shop that I work for has gotten crazily busy. My time is at a premium right now.

All of this to say that I've had to downscale my participation in the Derbies. I'm really sorry that I have to do that. I love looking at Derby entries and commenting on them. It's like walking through an art gallery!

I am still voting in the Derbies, and hanging around the website some. When my life finally get under control, I want to get back to more active participation.

Keep up the clever designing! You guys are the greatest! You've all added so much joy (and many new tee shirts) to my life.

Inatangle (for real!)

Hope you get better soon inatangle! We look forward to having you back participating full time when that happens. Your positive comments are greatly appreciated and are always uplifting.

spikeani

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spikeani
Re: American Hero on blk shirt

Gave the black shirt a try

kg07

marceepauff wrote:Exact same shirt at Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/Shirt-Vintage-American-Peace-T-Shirt/dp/B072L3NTV2

and elsewhere:

It is the exact same shirt. Maybe the one on Amazon is also Vomaria's and they decided to try it in the derby?

kg07

acraigl wrote:Great work! Really dig the style. +1

Thanks!

kharmazero

quality posts: 6 Private Messages kharmazero
Re: the eagle

fast drawing - 4 colors

flemtone

quality posts: 17 Private Messages flemtone

flemtone

quality posts: 17 Private Messages flemtone
Re: Cheat Sheet

This is brilliant.

benjaminleebates

quality posts: 18 Private Messages benjaminleebates
kg07 wrote:It is the exact same shirt. Maybe the one on Amazon is also Vomaria's and they decided to try it in the derby?

against the rules regardless

You can find my shirts for sale HERE or THERE!

kg07

benjaminleebates wrote:against the rules regardless

Their entire woot shirt collection is also available on threadless https://vomaria.threadless.com so maybe they have a special deal with woot to allow this.

marceepauff

quality posts: 24 Private Messages marceepauff
kg07 wrote:Their entire woot shirt collection is also available on threadless https://vomaria.threadless.com so maybe they have a special deal with woot to allow this.

It's one thing to sell it in both places, with permission. It's another to enter it into a contest against other people when it's for sale already.

acraigl

quality posts: 229 Private Messages acraigl
kg07 wrote:Their entire woot shirt collection is also available on threadless https://vomaria.threadless.com so maybe they have a special deal with woot to allow this.

That still doesn't permit derby entries on sale at another site. It is odd that the catalog shirts are also for sale on there. "less exclusive" contract maybe?

benjaminleebates

marceepauff wrote:It's one thing to sell it in both places, with permission. It's another to enter it into a contest against other people when it's for sale already.

this exactly

marceepauff

quality posts: 24 Private Messages marceepauff

Hey, Inatangle, I just saw this. I haven't been very active lately either but when I was, I always appreciated your participation and feedback. I'm sending healing vibes in your general direction and thinking about you. I've got pretty strong vibes, so hopefully they'll work. Feel better.

kg07

acraigl wrote:That still doesn't permit derby entries on sale at another site. It is odd that the catalog shirts are also for sale on there. "less exclusive" contract maybe?

I was surprised to see the book reading unicorn and all the other shirts available elsewhere but i assume woot knows about it and it is allowed in their contract. The derby entry is more problematic.

Narfcake

quality posts: 395 Private Messages Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

kg07 wrote:I was surprised to see the book reading unicorn and all the other shirts available elsewhere but i assume woot knows about it and it is allowed in their contract. The derby entry is more problematic.

Both are problematic if it's in violation of the contract signed.

- Almost all designs in the back catalog are under exclusive contract.
- All derby winners are under exclusive contracts.
- Designs that fall under a non-exclusive contract are typically labeled "transplant", such as Fishie's Hello Neighbor (which I have copies from TeeFury, TeeTurtle, and then shirt.woot).

No.1 rule of online apparel purchases: SIZING CHARTS! Unsure about classic and fitted options at shirt.woot? Comments on the new pricing? Read more about that here.

Do you like (or dislike) what you see at shirt.woot? Choose what prints at shirt.woot! Vote in the derby!
- Note: I am not staff. If you need help with your purchases, contact Support.

cubbiecatz

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cubbiecatz

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 61 Private Messages fishbiscuit5
flemtone wrote:This is brilliant.

Thanks! Teacher me figured we could all use this.

kg07

flemtone wrote:Nice!

Thanks!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 1036 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

kg07 wrote:I was surprised to see the book reading unicorn and all the other shirts available elsewhere but i assume woot knows about it and it is allowed in their contract. The derby entry is more problematic.

Please don't assume that. Always report them.

There's a thread for that

** You must log in with Amazon EVERY time **
To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's UPDATED Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with expedited items

acraigl

ThunderThighs wrote:Please don't assume that. Always report them.

There's a thread for that

I don't think we're suggesting the design was stolen, in this case it's the same artist, with the same designs on both sites (woot, and threadless).

benjaminleebates

acraigl wrote:I don't think we're suggesting the design was stolen, in this case it's the same artist, with the same designs on both sites (woot, and threadless).

I still believe that woot would like to hear about any double dipping. Since you do not know the arrangement, you should not assume it is right or wrong... Report and let woot decide. Historically, they have been pretty zealous about their products.

acraigl

benjaminleebates wrote:I still believe that woot would like to hear about any double dipping. Since you do not know the arrangement, you should not assume it is right or wrong... Report and let woot decide. Historically, they have been pretty zealous about their products.

Agreed, just wanted to be clear on how this was being characterized.

acraigl

lonelypond

quality posts: 681 Private Messages lonelypond
Re: USA is OK

Sad but true

lonelypond

Re: Cheat Sheet

Awesome

lonelypond

Re: Murica

So sweet

lonelypond

Re: Patriots Question Authority

Patriots want this shirt

lonelypond

Re: Washington

And we charge into the fray...cool

ccody156

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ccody156
elhanan wrote:Please make this shirt even if it does not win the derby

Seconded.

frnullandvoid

quality posts: 1 Private Messages frnullandvoid

The business of America is Business! ~ Calvin Coolidge

Narfcake

quality posts: 395 Private Messages Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

benjaminleebates wrote:... Historically, they have been pretty zealous about their products.

Yep.
http://shirt.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=2930241

No.1 rule of online apparel purchases: SIZING CHARTS! Unsure about classic and fitted options at shirt.woot? Comments on the new pricing? Read more about that here.

Do you like (or dislike) what you see at shirt.woot? Choose what prints at shirt.woot! Vote in the derby!
- Note: I am not staff. If you need help with your purchases, contact Support.

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 302 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Re: Soar - Wireframe Version

Should be higher. This would be super wearable and cool in person but is easy to miss on a thumbnail. The derby is a cruel mistress.

acraigl

kg07 wrote:Nicely done acraigl! gmv

Thanks kg!

greeneking

quality posts: 0 Private Messages greeneking
Re: The Very Patriotic Caterpillar

Faaaaaaaantastic!

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 61 Private Messages fishbiscuit5
benjaminleebates wrote:I still believe that woot would like to hear about any double dipping. Since you do not know the arrangement, you should not assume it is right or wrong... Report and let woot decide. Historically, they have been pretty zealous about their products.

Yesterday's dailies available on Red Bubble.

https://www.redbubble.com/people/vomaria/works/26271537-nope-pug
https://www.redbubble.com/people/vomaria/works/26271350-nope-cat-grey

If double dipping is now allowed for the $1k payout, I have a ton of designs to submit.

kg07

Re: Mewrica

Nice!

kg07

Re: Proud immigrants II

Nice design. I love the mixture of pop culture and positive message!