Back to Amazon.com

Narfcake

quality posts: 396 Private Messages Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

This is what I meant earlier about dialing in the color profiles a bit better.

Newer designs have tended to be much better:

A slight hint of unevenness here is acceptable, as it didn't detract from the overall print.

No.1 rule of online apparel purchases: SIZING CHARTS! Unsure about classic and fitted options at shirt.woot? Comments on the new pricing? Read more about that here.

Do you like (or dislike) what you see at shirt.woot? Choose what prints at shirt.woot! Vote in the derby!
- Note: I am not staff. If you need help with your purchases, contact Support.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 1038 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Thank you as always, Narf. I've sent your post to the shirt team.

** You must log in with Amazon EVERY time **
To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's UPDATED Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with expedited items

Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

Thanks, TT!

Narfcake wrote:... In the past, I've received incorrect sized prints, both undersized and oversized (on tanks).

Following up on my own post now, 7" is the design width that printed.

Since the print sizes aren't posted anymore, I have no way of verifying whether this was the proper size or not. By basic appearances, though, it seems it's the women's print file that got used.

I don't have a previous copy like last time either, though that was (sadly) soooooo obvious because it was like 4" wide. ...

And one more for "is it the print file or the print job?" ...

It's somewhat hard to tell and I know it was kind of the intended effect on the design to simulate the nighttime, but there's not much contrast in how it came out.
-----
ETA: This pic was taken from about 4 feet away in regular room lighting.

On the positive side, these printed fine:

No.1 rule of online apparel purchases: SIZING CHARTS! Unsure about classic and fitted options at shirt.woot? Comments on the new pricing? Read more about that here.

Do you like (or dislike) what you see at shirt.woot? Choose what prints at shirt.woot! Vote in the derby!

Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

A quick back story: among the issues I reported last week was I was sent a duplicate print of one catshirt (A Colorful Catsplosion) instead of another (Internalizing). CS puts in a replacement order. Should be fine now, right?

Today, the replacement for the missing Internalizing arrived. And the group looks like this now:

Yes, I received yet another copy of Catsplosion.

Not so ironically, the missing catshirt is the one that's extremely appropriate right now.

*sigh* ...

ThunderThighs

Staff

Narf, I'll see your *sigh* and add another *sigh*.

I've emailed CS.

To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's UPDATED Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with expedited items

Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

ThunderThighs wrote:Narf, I'll see your *sigh* and add another *sigh*.

I've emailed CS.

Thank you, TT.

I know that none of this is intended, but to say it's gotten exasperating is an understatement. I went through my last 6 pages of orders and out of the last 100 shirts, I could only say "good" for 80 of them. That's not good.

transformingegg

quality posts: 9 Private Messages transformingegg

So I got 3 woot packages today.

- one was a replacement for a wrong colour blank print. It was wrong again. Exactly the same mistake sent to me again.

- one was meant to be for two kids shirts in two different sizes but with the same print. It came with one correct print and a completely different print for the other one.

- the third package was correct ! Huzzah!

So I have contacted CS again.

I just don’t understand how there are so many mistakes. Internal sabotage?

ThunderThighs

Staff

transformingegg wrote:So I got 3 woot packages today.

- one was a replacement for a wrong colour blank print. It was wrong again. Exactly the same mistake sent to me again.

- one was meant to be for two kids shirts in two different sizes but with the same print. It came with one correct print and a completely different print for the other one.

- the third package was correct ! Huzzah!

So I have contacted CS again.

I just don’t understand how there are so many mistakes. Internal sabotage?

Oh good grief! I've let the shirt team know as well.

Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

ThunderThighs wrote:Narf, I'll see your *sigh* and add another *sigh*.

I've emailed CS.

The good news is that the replacement arrived today. Alas, them expediting it was completely useless.

So with a modified message ...

Why? Well this isn't the absolute worse ...

Oh. I wonder what happened ...

Found it!

GET THE INK DRY FIRST BEFORE PACKING IT, WOOT!! ARRRRRRGH!!

(I don't even need to wait until laundry day to say that more uncured ink will come off in the wash.)

ThunderThighs

Staff

Hi Narf. Sent a note to the shirt team. I'm sure I'll hear them groaning from their offices Monday morning.

Make sure you do contact CS because that's how we collect stats.

Also, they do run through a dryer. Not sure what happened there though.

Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

ThunderThighs wrote:Hi Narf. Sent a note to the shirt team. I'm sure I'll hear them groaning from their offices Monday morning.

Make sure you do contact CS because that's how we collect stats.

Also, they do run through a dryer. Not sure what happened there though.

Thanks. My last draft message was NSFW; CS will get a much friendlier rewrite.

And yeah, I know there's a huge tunnel dryer that's used to cure the inks, but for whatever reason (airflow? not up to temp yet?), there were parts that didn't quite fully cure by the time the shirt exited and went into the t-shirt folding machine.

wajeremy

quality posts: 6 Private Messages wajeremy

Staff

So we will be moving to a new system in the next couple of weeks which allows better misprint QA for Woot shirts, but I know the shirt ops team are now acutely aware of these QA issues and this got a lot of attention in the past week. Expect to see this improve but do keep complaining to CS when you see issues like this.

Head Magister of the Woot!Loops Cereal Bar

transformingegg

wajeremy wrote:So we will be moving to a new system in the next couple of weeks which allows better misprint QA for Woot shirts, but I know the shirt ops team are now acutely aware of these QA issues and this got a lot of attention in the past week. Expect to see this improve but do keep complaining to CS when you see issues like this.

Good to hear. Thanks for paying attention and seeking to make changes. I so hope it makes a good practical difference.

acraigl

quality posts: 232 Private Messages acraigl
wajeremy wrote:So we will be moving to a new system in the next couple of weeks which allows better misprint QA for Woot shirts, but I know the shirt ops team are now acutely aware of these QA issues and this got a lot of attention in the past week. Expect to see this improve but do keep complaining to CS when you see issues like this.

I guess I'm a little surprised there are currently so many issues that needs to be corrected -- I mean, it's not your first week of shirts, right? It's been like 10 years. I would think that regardless of the print method (screened vs DTG) the same level of rigor and mature QA process would exist anyway.

I'm glad you're taking steps to correct them, don't get me wrong, I just have a hard time wrapping my (naive) head around why these issues weren't managed down years ago. Or how they've gotten worse lately.

VOTE >

ChronoSquall14

quality posts: 45 Private Messages ChronoSquall14

I appreciate it. I love Woot! shirts. Favorite shirts in the world. I hate complaining. I love when a shirt comes in the mail at a fair price with a fantastic design and I don't have to have Woot! fire off a bunch of replacements.

transformingegg

Do other artists do shirt designs and put them on the shirt comp image like this...

and end up with the actually designs printed with this sizing on the shirt?

I don't know whether this is an error of if it is just deliberate choices of the printers or not wanting to reset the file for a larger kids sized shirt? I'm not sure whether or not to contact CS about it because it was already a replacement for a completely wrong print (as in a different image completely) that got sent.

I think CS must be getting sick of me :S

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 61 Private Messages fishbiscuit5

Yesterday I received two orders twice and two orders three times. I’ve also received the wrong shirt twice the last couple of weeks. Just adding to the messages for CS and hoping for quality control improvements. Seems like such a waste sending so many duplicate orders. The actual prints were excellent, btw, and sized correctly on the shirts.

acraigl

transformingegg wrote:Do other artists do shirt designs and put them on the shirt comp image like this...

and end up with the actually designs printed with this sizing on the shirt?

I don't know whether this is an error of if it is just deliberate choices of the printers or not wanting to reset the file for a larger kids sized shirt? I'm not sure whether or not to contact CS about it because it was already a replacement for a completely wrong print (as in a different image completely) that got sent.

I think CS must be getting sick of me :S

That's so wrong. Definitely have them fix that. I'm sure the sale comp didn't have it that small on the shirt.

VOTE >

Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

Anyone else ever receive a cat with their catshirt? Grrrrr!

Good thing I now have an appropriate shirt reflecting my thought that is the right size, the right brand, the right color, and properly printed! Third time's the charm, right? YAY!!

Thanks again, TT! -- because I've yet to contact CS again about the previous one. Now if you didn't poke them either, then ...???

jasneko

quality posts: 33 Private Messages jasneko
marceepauff wrote:Does this look like it printed too low to you?

Kids shirt - and the print is on her belly...

Yes. The most regular problem with my own shirt prints is they are printed too low. It happens way too often at this point:/

I've told the art editors about this repeatedly and said maybe a note should be made to printers, but it seems to keep happening. Whoever the most recent printers are seems to lean toward printing them low...

I haven't gotten around to reporting them to CS as it's so many and it takes time to take pictures, send them, etc etc ... and it's a lot of shirts spanning months at this point (as I often get multiples for people) :/
Off the top of my head, Tunebot was too low on all the prints I got, That's Why I'm Sitting Here was too low on a kid's shirt. Introvert on a women's shirt, Why the Caged Bird Sings on a women's shirt... I know there are so many others - all too low on the shirt!

This also just happened with one of my latest prints I just opened: Or We'll Be Gone. It is also too low on the comp woot made.

Do I have to send pictures in with all the shirts that are too low? What is the best way to report these?

transformingegg

jasneko wrote:
Do I have to send pictures in with all the shirts that are too low? What is the best way to report these?

In my experience CS doesn’t ask for photos most of the time. They just offer replacements as a default stance, and this worries me. I don’t know how they expect to remedy some of these things without seeing them.

jasneko

quality posts: 33 Private Messages jasneko
transformingegg wrote:In my experience CS doesn’t ask for photos most of the time. They just offer replacements as a default stance, and this worries me. I don’t know how they expect to remedy some of these things without seeing them.

Thanks... and yes good point:/

orabbit

quality posts: 33 Private Messages orabbit

I wonder if there's something we can do as artists to help? Like send files as CMYK vs RGB, or otherwise insure proper set-up and separations. Just a thought.

Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

orabbit wrote:I wonder if there's something we can do as artists to help? Like send files as CMYK vs RGB, or otherwise insure proper set-up and separations. Just a thought.

It could help, but it's not going to solve the "shirt loaded incorrectly", "shirt is the wrong size", "shirt is the wrong color", "shirt is the wrong brand", "wrong print file", "wrong print size", "clogged ink", "settled ink", "out of ink", "improper cure", "forgot to pack the rest of the order", or "shipped the wrong shirts out" issues that some of us has experienced.

caityjean

quality posts: 2 Private Messages caityjean

I'm not sure if this is the proper place to ask but I emailed customer service after the first shirt arrived and my design is still incorrect on the second print. I explained the issue but they didn't really acknowledge it. Its being printed at 50% scale and I don't know why. It should be about 11.8" from wing to wing but its printing at 6.5" or so. Was this a choice made by the creative team or...? I just hate to see my design go out wrong and be a disappointment to customers.

Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

caityjean wrote:I'm not sure if this is the proper place to ask ...

Has this been addressed, or will I need to get out a pokey stick?

FWIW, my previous contract with CS (a week and a half ago) was somewhat addressed but not actually answered or reacted upon; hopefully my forwards were to the right folks. One was on a women's shirt, which normally is a very clear cut issue to resolve, but nope.

Also two of my last three shirts have a streaky print, so no, QC isn't resolved yet and is still falling on the customer. CS has taken care of this, though. I hope.

ThunderThighs

Staff

Not sure if it was sent or not. Sent it to the shirt team now.

caityjean

ThunderThighs wrote:Not sure if it was sent or not. Sent it to the shirt team now.

Thank you! I had emailed Ben after customer service didn't really seem to get what I was saying but I'm sure he gets a million emails so it easily could have been forgotten. Appreciate the help!

sklitfin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sklitfin
caityjean wrote:Thank you! I had emailed Ben after customer service didn't really seem to get what I was saying but I'm sure he gets a million emails so it easily could have been forgotten. Appreciate the help!

Hey there, if anyone at Woot! is still following this thread, I have the same problem as caityjean.

I ordered the Carpe Diem shirt a couple of weeks ago to replace the one that I have worn for years and had a stain on it. The image on the new shirt is noticeably smaller than the original. Customer service said they could either send me a replacement or refund me. I opted for the replacement, hoping the problem with the image would be fixed. Well, I got the shirt this morning, and to my disappointment, the image is still too small. Here's a picture showing the difference (left:new, right:original).

C'mon Woot! I really like this shirt and I want one that looked just like what it used to be! You can keep sending me the same shirt but that's really not what I what!!

caityjean

sklitfin wrote:Hey there, if anyone at Woot! is still following this thread, I have the same problem as caityjean.

I ordered the Carpe Diem shirt a couple of weeks ago to replace the one that I have worn for years and had a stain on it. The image on the new shirt is noticeably smaller than the original. Customer service said they could either send me a replacement or refund me. I opted for the replacement, hoping the problem with the image would be fixed. Well, I got the shirt this morning, and to my disappointment, the image is still too small. Here's a picture showing the difference (left:new, right:original).

C'mon Woot! I really like this shirt and I want one that looked just like what it used to be! You can keep sending me the same shirt but that's really not what I what!!

I was surfing the forums and found that they reduce the women's art prints by 50% so they fit the smaller shirts. I understand this for sizes up to like a Medium but maybe the full size art should be used on Women's Large and X-Large. I always buy big T-shirts and it looks goofy to have a small print on such a big shirt. I've considered buying the mens shirts just so I have the art full size. :/

ThunderThighs

Staff

Thank you for the photos, caityjean. Let me check in with the shirt team.

sklitfin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sklitfin

Thanks for the replies, caityjean & TT.

Well then maybe I should've ordered MM instead of WL? That's too bad as I like the fit of the WL.

It'll be nice if you can add the info on the print size to the size chart as well.

Now before I order again, can someone please verify that I'll be getting the larger print size with a MM?

ThunderThighs

Staff

sklitfin wrote:Thanks for the replies, caityjean & TT.

Well then maybe I should've ordered MM instead of WL? That's too bad as I like the fit of the WL.

It'll be nice if you can add the info on the print size to the size chart as well.

Now before I order again, can someone please verify that I'll be getting the larger print size with a MM?

You should have an email from CS.

johnnieholic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages johnnieholic

"So i received the replacement shirt and i'm not sure if it was printed wrong also or if is the size its supposed to be (referring to the image). i have taken a picture of the shirts and have attached it for reference.

shirt #5 is the picture from the website and the placement and size is what i was expecting because of shirt #1 and #2
shirt #1 is the oldest and a size XXL.
shirt #2 is a size XXXL
shirt #3 is the shirt bought that i believed the picture was printed too small.
shirt #4 is the replacement shirt."

this was the email i sent after the first replacement shirt was sent. I received the second replacement shirt today and it was printed exactly the same as shirt #3 and #4. If this is the new placement and size then fine, ok, I'll know not to buy this shirt again and honestly will think twice about any other shirts. I'm posting this here because I'm not sure if the problem with the shirt was being understood.

the image on the shirts I got were also fuzzy but I figure thats a product of resizing the image for childrens sized shirts which wouldn't occur when sized for an adult shirt.

ThunderThighs

Staff

johnnieholic: We are SOOOO Sorry. Thank you so much for calling it to our attention. Our shirt team wizard saw your post and fixed the print file. He's going out now to personally print and ship your replacement.

acraigl

ThunderThighs wrote:johnnieholic: We are SOOOO Sorry. Thank you so much for calling it to our attention. Our shirt team wizard saw your post and fixed the print file. He's going out now to personally print and ship your replacement.

Hope he autographs it!

VOTE >

acraigl

First bad print in a while, and while not terrible, you can definitely see the offset from the underbase.

What's really strange is that I ordered 2, so presumably this is the same run. Here they are side by side:

The one on the left has the underbase offset as well, though very slight, but the two prints have differing shades of green on the lettering. So weird. Likely going to ask for replacements.

VOTE >

ThunderThighs

Staff

acraigl wrote:...
The one on the left has the underbase offset as well, though very slight, but the two prints have differing shades of green on the lettering. So weird. Likely going to ask for replacements.

Hi there. I see that you already wrote into CS so your replacement will be on its way soon.

As to the difference in the shirts, there's no real "run" on digital prints. Each shirt is a unique print. It's possible the shirt material was stretched a bit more on one than the other.