jeffsnook

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jeffsnook

This should be the black Friday shopping shirt of 2017

gak0090

quality posts: 125 Private Messages gak0090
debebear wrote:The design on this shirt is extremely offensive. Please consider growing up a little and also removing this item from availability. Disgusting!

Considering all of the things that are truly offensive in this world, I'm offended that you consider this offensive.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 1031 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Apparently everyone in Idaho objects.

To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's UPDATED Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with expedited items

mdrcoast

quality posts: 60 Private Messages mdrcoast

I love this shirt!

caticorn17

quality posts: 0 Private Messages caticorn17

All you naysayers are a bunch of Thanksgiving Puritans!

bbkf

quality posts: 4 Private Messages bbkf
rmsalt wrote:Wow, woot is becoming vulgar and disrespectful. I'm sure Bezos is proud.

disrespectful to.....?

shirts?
turkeys?
hands?
left handed people? (because right handed people can only copy their left hand or else it will look all weird...)
feet?
simple minded folk who can't handle certain words or meanings of hand gestures?

bbkf

quality posts: 4 Private Messages bbkf
maxdawg4 wrote:Very poor taste that you would choose to sell a shirt with a vulgar gesture like this woot. Yes, I know, I know; I shouldn't look at it if I don't approve, but a company should make better moral choices than this.

what if the "vulgar gesture" was not intended?

what if the left hand that was traced to create the turkey was that of a person who suffered from terrible frostbite and lost a few fingers?

where is the sympathy in this world?

acraigl

quality posts: 212 Private Messages acraigl
bbkf wrote:what if the "vulgar gesture" was not intended?

what if the left hand that was traced to create the turkey was that of a person who suffered from terrible frostbite and lost a few fingers?

I lol'd.

BUY! >>

bagbiter

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bagbiter

Best shirt in a while.

It reminds me of Patrick Bateman describing the nuances of invisible touch while at the same time carrying on a conversation with two beautiful young ladies.

It's both cute and crude at the same time and I love the paradox it will create for folks that see me wearing it.

TALK ABOUT BALLOONS I COMMAND IT
-XVI

maquechou

quality posts: 1 Private Messages maquechou

So freakin' love this.

Got one for my son to "thank" him for the stack of crappy little hand drawings sitting in a box in my closet collecting dust. When his sorry butt moves out, they go with him.

maquechou

quality posts: 1 Private Messages maquechou
jeffsnook wrote:This should be the black Friday shopping shirt of 2017

Wish I could up vote this comment

qazxswe

quality posts: 8 Private Messages qazxswe
jerknugget wrote:also...why doesn't woot have 'pay with amazon' yet? (no paypal either?) now i have to wait until my partner can give me the cc#. sigh...

Huh? Using Amazon account in connection with Woot account should allow you to use Amazon payment methods (with the exception of Amazon gift card balance).

therealjrn

quality posts: 82 Private Messages therealjrn
maxdawg4 wrote:Very poor taste that you would choose to sell a shirt with a vulgar gesture like this woot. Yes, I know, I know; I shouldn't look at it if I don't approve, but a company should make better moral choices than this.

This is the same company that sold bacon flavored lube.

poopycakes

quality posts: 4 Private Messages poopycakes

Amazing win, I knew this would make it, congrats Acraigl

cjent

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cjent

[quote postid="7268451" user="EssenGrabow"]How is this not a copyright violation?

Because you can't copyright an idea. The "copyright violation" of Acraigl's clever (and IMO, hilarious) design is just another artist's graphic expression of the idea, not any plagiarism of his work.

So, yes, anyone can outline their hand giving the bird and put it on a shirt and sell it. What they can't legally do, is copy this design or any part of it without his express permission. All rights belong to the creator of something. That doesn't apply to ideas, only to a fixed manifestation (copy, image, sound, etc.) of the idea.

Example: If the bird in question were the NBC peacock, that would constitute a clear copyright infringement without having first obtained their corporate OK.

peterskm

quality posts: 1 Private Messages peterskm

It is truly comical how outraged some people get about the design of a t-shirt. No one is forcing you to buy or wear it. Nor will anyone judge for buying other items from a company that sells this shirt.

acraigl

ThunderThighs wrote:Apparently everyone in Idaho objects.

Idaho is in!

BUY! >>

Narfcake

quality posts: 392 Private Messages Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

acraigl wrote:Idaho is in!

This is looking to be the best selling (on debut day) design for this year! And maybe even last!

No.1 rule of online apparel purchases: SIZING CHARTS! Unsure about classic and fitted options at shirt.woot? Comments on the new pricing? Read more about that here.

Do you like (or dislike) what you see at shirt.woot? Choose what prints at shirt.woot! Vote in the derby!
- Note: I am not staff. If you need help with your purchases, contact Support.

jerknugget

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jerknugget
qazxswe wrote:Huh? Using Amazon account in connection with Woot account should allow you to use Amazon payment methods (with the exception of Amazon gift card balance).

yes, and if you kept reading you would see that i discovered that

however when you're simply logged in via your woot account, the option is not offered. (i.e. there is no 'log in with amazon to use amazon pay' or similar.) i only discovered the option when i switched from my phone to my computer and had to log in and saw "log in with amazon" and decided to see if that changed anything.

dopepeddler

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dopepeddler
jasneko wrote:Congrats on first place!!! A very funny tee

I am going to buy it and push my luck at work with it.

jmbunkin

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jmbunkin
caticorn17 wrote:All you naysayers are a bunch of Thanksgiving Puritans!

You signed up today just to say this ?

walmazan

quality posts: 72 Private Messages walmazan

Congrats! This is so good!

drewcroa

quality posts: 35 Private Messages drewcroa
therealjrn wrote:This is the same company that sold bacon flavored lube.

And fought the bacon lubricore

It's at 50:40 or so, my attempt at getting it to start there appears to have failed.

cjent

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cjent

I'm going to wear mine to church, just to see how many of the self righteous are so offended. And once they're outted, the circle will have completed itself.
(ie: efoff=offended=efoff=offended, ad infinitum)

therealjrn

quality posts: 82 Private Messages therealjrn
cjent wrote:I'm going to wear mine to church, just to see how many of the self righteous are so offended. And once they're outted, the circle will have completed itself.
(ie: efoff=offended=efoff=offended, ad infinitum)

Unitarian huh?

fablefire

quality posts: 40 Private Messages fablefire

acraigl

fablefire wrote:

Oh My Failing Grades!! Like, the best thing ever!

BUY! >>

simic

quality posts: 18 Private Messages simic

I don't want this shirt's day to end!

acraigl

simic wrote:I don't want this shirt's day to end!

You and me both, brother!

BUY! >>

MBrulla

quality posts: 12 Private Messages MBrulla
bbkf wrote:what if the "vulgar gesture" was not intended?

Empathy...sympathy is for the leftovers shirt.

sudian

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sudian
fablefire wrote:

Now I have to buy this...

soupgirl72

quality posts: 0 Private Messages soupgirl72

Personally I LOVE this. and despite all the chaos about good/bad taste, as of 5:18 PM PST I see that "Woots Sold: 1730" . . .so to those of you complaining, I think you are overwhelmingly out voted :o)

benjaminleebates

quality posts: 18 Private Messages benjaminleebates
soupgirl72 wrote:Personally I LOVE this. and despite all the chaos about good/bad taste, as of 5:18 PM PST I see that "Woots Sold: 1730" . . .so to those of you complaining, I think you are overwhelmingly out voted :o)

Thus telling the artists at woot to skirt the edge more frequently...!

You can find my shirts for sale HERE or THERE!

acraigl

soupgirl72 wrote:Personally I LOVE this. and despite all the chaos about good/bad taste, as of 5:18 PM PST I see that "Woots Sold: 1730" . . .so to those of you complaining, I think you are overwhelmingly out voted :o)

And surprisingly, this:

BUY! >>

Narfcake

quality posts: 392 Private Messages Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

acraigl wrote:And surprisingly, this:

Hah!

The solid sales should have you set for at least 4 weeks in the reckoning.

No.1 rule of online apparel purchases: SIZING CHARTS! Unsure about classic and fitted options at shirt.woot? Comments on the new pricing? Read more about that here.

Do you like (or dislike) what you see at shirt.woot? Choose what prints at shirt.woot! Vote in the derby!
- Note: I am not staff. If you need help with your purchases, contact Support.

rmassari

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rmassari

I bought one and wore it to Thanksgiving dinner with my family. They all loved it ! Great job, thanks !!