Back to Amazon.com

Krollig2

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Krollig2

Staff

First, I appreciate all of your feedback. Second, for anyone that thinks this was done out greed, let me reiterate an earlier post I made: "This was an extremely difficult decision to make and was not made lightly nor was it made to be profiteers. Just to be clear, this decision was based purely on economics. We're hurting and needed to make the change...". To elaborate on that sentiment, the alternative to raising prices was to no longer be able to provide you with great designs from our phenomenal artists. This is an alternate no one wants to see.

For those of you concerned about this new simplified price structure; we hear you and have projects in the works to improve the overall experience.

I encourage you to try the Port & Company blank when it launches on 2/1 and stick around for other changes (including improvements and new products) we will be launching (or revisiting, as it were) this year.

As with any change, we cannot please every person but make the changes we believe are the best for our customers. In this case, the changes will enable us to remain viable and keep this good thing going. We believe that even with the price increase, we are providing a better product and experience than most (if not all) of our competitors: two premium shirt offerings with two different styles/ fits delivered to your door in less than a week for $15 or $19. We hope you stick around and remain a part of our awesome community and see what we have in store for you!

caityjean

quality posts: 2 Private Messages caityjean
nightsx2 wrote:We need to make more money. Let's charge people more, so they buy less.

I think this is a smart choice from a business perspective. The increase in price ensures the costs are covered per sale without relying on bulk price breaks. So even though they may experience fewer orders for a short while until customers adjust, they'll be able to cover their costs for materials, labor and shipping every time. The addition of funds likely also gives them the flexibility to add new shirt styles and accessories which we've all been asking for. Adding new styles requires quite an investment to get set-up so the infusion of funds will allow them to add those long sleeve shirts and hoodies we've all been asking for.
Ultimately, a few extra dollars isn't much when you consider you're getting unparalleled customer service and a high(er) quality shirt with original art created just for Woot's customers. I think it well worth the extra dollars to support Woot's existence which in turn supports the staff and small artists who continue to provide fresh content for your enjoyment.

marceepauff

quality posts: 24 Private Messages marceepauff
caityjean wrote:I think this is a smart choice from a business perspective. The increase in price ensures the costs are covered per sale without relying on bulk price breaks. So even though they may experience fewer orders for a short while until customers adjust, they'll be able to cover their costs for materials, labor and shipping every time. The addition of funds likely also gives them the flexibility to add new shirt styles and accessories which we've all been asking for. Adding new styles requires quite an investment to get set-up so the infusion of funds will allow them to add those long sleeve shirts and hoodies we've all been asking for.
Ultimately, a few extra dollars isn't much when you consider you're getting unparalleled customer service and a high(er) quality shirt with original art created just for Woot's customers. I think it well worth the extra dollars to support Woot's existence which in turn supports the staff and small artists who continue to provide fresh content for your enjoyment.

Well said, Caity.
Yeah, I'm gonna call you Kaddy.

Vladrix

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Vladrix
Narfcake wrote:Here ya go: (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

<3 I am gonna keep checking to see if you guys stick with this policy, you have always been AMAZING on customer service.

SDchen62

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SDchen62

My orders were almost always multiples so I really did like the flat $5 shipping per order.

On a side note...I used to get a daily email from Shirt Woot! and it stopped coming. Don't know how to get it back.

ertolsma

quality posts: 13 Private Messages ertolsma

The comments on this thread are why clothing can't be made in America.

caityjean

SDchen62 wrote:My orders were almost always multiples so I really did like the flat $5 shipping per order.

On a side note...I used to get a daily email from Shirt Woot! and it stopped coming. Don't know how to get it back.

Go up to Your Account in the top right corner. Then go to "Email Subscriptions & Notifications" and make sure you have green check marks next to the Newsletter and Daily Digest.

bpretz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bpretz

It's tough to charge the shipping per shirt for multiple orders -- not standard best practice. But overall, the price per shirt is still pretty competitive unless you want some cheap see-through Old Navy type of shirt.

My beef is the sizing of your premium shirts -- I made the mistake of ordering an XL in your premium shirt (your sizing chart on mobile is far below where you order), and it's actually smaller than your Medium in classic (more than two sizes down). That's not "fitted," it's more like child sizing. With the prices now the same, I would assume a similar quality, so I don't know why anyone would need/want premium?

PermanentMarker

quality posts: 0 Private Messages PermanentMarker
Krollig2 wrote:let me reiterate an earlier post I made: "This was an extremely difficult decision to make and was not made lightly nor was it made to be profiteers. Just to be clear, this decision was based purely on economics. We're hurting and needed to make the change...". To elaborate on that sentiment, the alternative to raising prices was to no longer be able to provide you with great designs from our phenomenal artists. This is an alternate no one wants to see.

I'd be ok with some new artists. Surely the current ones are talented, but everything now seems to be the same theme. "I'm so nerdy" or "Kittehs are so kewl and cute oh em gee". I bought a quite a few shirts back in the day, but I like funny, not geeky. "Spelling Bee Champian" and the Bacon and Eggs skull and crossbones come to mind.

I haven't bought any shirts recently because of the designs, not the pricing, but this change to pricing is a bummer, as I could see buying multiple shirts from an event or themed sale or whatever they're called. If there was ever one that had stuff I liked. However I have been out on Woot since I had to eat a refurb $260 monitor that went belly up in slightly over 6 months. That's not acceptable, though my fault for buying refurb. (Yes, I talked with customer service.)

That said, I get it, costs are up, gotta be profitable. I hope you retain enough customers to do so, I will probably not be one of them.

Best of luck.

lorigering

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lorigering
MadamAtom wrote:Does this mean (could this please mean) that women's Classic sizes could go higher than 1X? I can make do with a men's XL, but it's really a little too tight on the hips - but a 2XL hangs on me like a tent.

100% agree. Woot, please offer a women's version xxl or 2x. I haven't been ordering from you because the men's XL is too tight in the boobs and too big in the arms, and the 2x is pretty much a tent. Carrying women's style shirts shows you understand the women are built differently from men, carrying larger sizes for women would give us buxom gals the chance to look our best too.

tbear1972

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tbear1972

One of the main reasons why I chose to buy shirts from Woot WAS because of the tighter fit (more akin to retro style fit).
Such a shame.
In addition, now I have to pay an extra $5 "in shipping" for every damned shirt? Way to screw over your long time customers who would make multiple purchases in one order.
Now you're gonna be just like every other shirt company out there.
Overpriced and baggy.

Looks like it is time to start searching for a new place to buy fun shirts.

SColburn

quality posts: 31 Private Messages SColburn

I had quit buying shirts online because of the horrible fit on shoulders/sleeves & belly, and super thin fabric. It looks like the P&C are a better fit, at first glance. I'll reserve further judgement till I try one on.

I have no issue with ponying up $15 for a daily/plus shirt. I rarely buy from the catalog anyway. Can we assume there will still be shirt.woot discount events during a woot-off?

x5

ochopika

quality posts: 33 Private Messages ochopika
tbear1972 wrote:One of the main reasons why I chose to buy shirts from Woot WAS because of the tighter fit (more akin to retro style fit).
Such a shame.
In addition, now I have to pay an extra $5 "in shipping" for every damned shirt? Way to screw over your long time customers who would make multiple purchases in one order.
Now you're gonna be just like every other shirt company out there.
Overpriced and baggy.

Looks like it is time to start searching for a new place to buy fun shirts.

I'm glad you like our shirts! Sorry for the difficult changes... For what it's worth, we are still keeping the fitted Bella Canvas brand. We're only changing the brand of our already baggy option.

purpledragonfly1229

quality posts: 0 Private Messages purpledragonfly1229

I'd like to add my voice to ones asking for long sleeves. It would be nice to get the back catalog in LS too. I have one that doesn't fit anymore because I gained weight and I'd like to get a new one.

I'd be willing to pay more too because of the print to order nature of the catalog.

bsmith1

quality posts: 155 Private Messages bsmith1

How will this impact the random 2-pack and random 3-pack sales?
#onlybuyrandoms

ciyinwanderer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ciyinwanderer

Once again asking for long sleeve shirts, because I desperately need some. Please, let me give you my money.

wisenekt

quality posts: 30 Private Messages wisenekt

There is a lot of talk about what the shirt prices will be but will there be any changes to artist compensation? I have not seen anything mentioned about it and if you want to have bright new designs, you need artists to do them. Or will the designs be shifted to more of a corporate structure away from the "Wooter with a cool idea" style?

daisyhill

quality posts: 1 Private Messages daisyhill

As someone who still has the shirt.woot launch shirt and recently bought a large premium shirt that was as small as my son’s K12, I’m glad you are changing to a new vendor.
I hope that you may rethink the $15 per shirt fee. I usually will buy 2 or 3 at a time. Maybe offer a $5 off code when you buy 3 shirts. It makes it feel like we’re getting a deal and we all love deals!

kalee11

quality posts: 42 Private Messages kalee11

If you're thinking of it like paying $5 shipping for every shirt, just change that mindset and think, $15 or $19 shirts but with free shipping!

Also, every other big shirt site I looked at that offers pop culture tees similar to Woot's charges AT LEAST $20 per shirt, and usually that doesn't include shipping. A daily deal site I found had $13 shirts, but only for that day, all their other ones were, you guessed it, over $20 per shirt.

That said I LOVED the baggy fit + super short sleeves combo on the women's Anvil. I am not interested in trying the huge sleeves of Port & Company but now that premium is the same price I will definitely give Bella a try.

I'm sorry for everyone that thinks Woot shirts should go out of business rather than raise prices, but I DO NOT. Could they have done it differently? Yes, I'm sure. would you have liked it any better? Most likely not.

Narfcake

quality posts: 397 Private Messages Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

ertolsma wrote:The comments on this thread are why clothing can't be made in America.

It's not that it's a can't, but shareholders demand more profits -- and that comes at the expense of the workers.

As a side note, they're not made in Texas, but North Carolina is still in the USA:
http://www.texasjeans.com

bpretz wrote:...That's not "fitted," it's more like child sizing. With the prices now the same, I would assume a similar quality, so I don't know why anyone would need/want premium?

Years of vanity sizing has messed up size labels for both genders. Even as a guy, I have clothing that range from S to XL, but they fit the same.

A few years back, there were just as many complaints about being sent "a men's shirt" for the standard women's shirt because of its looser cut.

bsmith1 wrote:How will this impact the random 2-pack and random 3-pack sales?
#onlybuyrandoms

What randoms? As most shirts are printed to order now, randoms are and will be few and far in between.

kalee11 wrote:...I'm sorry for everyone that thinks Woot shirts should go out of business rather than raise prices, but I DO NOT. Could they have done it differently? Yes, I'm sure. would you have liked it any better? Most likely not.

I can't deny that it's a huge jump for folks who buy the standard shirts, though. Currently, a daily + two plus sales + shipping is $28. A jump up to $10 each + shipping makes it $35 -- still very reasonable IMHO. With the flat pricing, it's $45 -- a 60% increase.

No.1 rule of online apparel purchases: SIZING CHARTS! Unsure about classic and fitted options at shirt.woot? Comments on the new pricing? Read more about that here.

Do you like (or dislike) what you see at shirt.woot? Choose what prints at shirt.woot! Vote in the derby!
- Note: I am not staff. If you need help with your purchases, contact Support.

caityjean

kalee11 wrote:If you're thinking of it like paying $5 shipping for every shirt, just change that mindset and think, $15 or $19 shirts but with free shipping!

Also, every other big shirt site I looked at that offers pop culture tees similar to Woot's charges AT LEAST $20 per shirt, and usually that doesn't include shipping. A daily deal site I found had $13 shirts, but only for that day, all their other ones were, you guessed it, over $20 per shirt.

That said I LOVED the baggy fit + super short sleeves combo on the women's Anvil. I am not interested in trying the huge sleeves of Port & Company but now that premium is the same price I will definitely give Bella a try.

I'm sorry for everyone that thinks Woot shirts should go out of business rather than raise prices, but I DO NOT. Could they have done it differently? Yes, I'm sure. would you have liked it any better? Most likely not.

For the record - I didn't notice a huge difference in the Women's sleeves when I tested the new shirts. They're maybe a hair shorter but seem to be the same width. They're still pretty darn close to how they've been. I actually laid them out over an "old style" shirt and noted the differences. The main difference is just that it tapers in at the waist more than previously. If, like me, you prefer baggier shirts just get a size up and you'll be fine.

ChronoSquall14

quality posts: 45 Private Messages ChronoSquall14

The downer for me is that I see myself buying less multiple-shirt orders, where I would defray the cost of shipping (minimal as it was - I know, consumers are weird animals about shipping) by buying a minimum of two shirts and as many as five at a time.

The good news is I now feel like a MUST HAVE shirt can be bought on its own; I no longer feel like I NEED a second or third shirt to validate the purchase. I'll try one of the new Port shirts and see what I think.

uberhorn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages uberhorn

I understand the need to periodically raise prices, but this seems a bit extreme.

I could stomach an increase to shirt prices & an increase to shipping provided the shipping was still bulk.

Yet to increase both AND charge shipping per shirt is a bit too much for me.

This will kill any chance of me buying multiple shirts anymore...which is how I pretty much always bought shirts. Plus it was great to get my son multiple tees and that won't happen anymore.

Unless I absolutely love a design (which has been a while) I think I'm done with Woot Shirts.

At least many of your competitors will offer periodic sales of 25+% sitewide so that's when I would buy in bulk from them. Hopefully Woot will at least consider something similar. Hell one of your competitors just ended a multiple day sale of 25% off site wide & I passed...I should've jumped on that since I'm done buying tees for a while.

Like I said I understand the need for price changes. My company has to raise prices sometimes...it's economics, and a need to survive so I cannot fault you guys. Yet it seems like you are punishing your longtime, loyal customers by not at least seeing how just an increase in shirt & shipping prices & keeping the bulk shipping & seeing if you can still thrive under that structure...at least in the short term.

I guess my morning "check in" to see the new shirts that were posted at midnight is over. That sucks.

Ugh

letsgoski

quality posts: 5 Private Messages letsgoski
Narfcake wrote:

I miss the cute Shirt.Woot shipping bags! The last few I got were boring plain white ones.

Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

letsgoski wrote:I miss the cute Shirt.Woot shipping bags! The last few I got were boring plain white ones.

https://shirt.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=7244913

No.1 rule of online apparel purchases: SIZING CHARTS! Unsure about classic and fitted options at shirt.woot? Comments on the new pricing? Read more about that here.

Do you like (or dislike) what you see at shirt.woot? Choose what prints at shirt.woot! Vote in the derby!

wyk3d

quality posts: 4 Private Messages wyk3d

Is this price increase going to improve the actual prints on the shirts? Its great that you are changing to a potentially higher quality shirt blank but if the print is not consistent, accurate or long lasting then whats the point.

kalee11

uberhorn wrote:At least many of your competitors will offer periodic sales of 25+% sitewide so that's when I would buy in bulk from them. Hopefully Woot will at least consider something similar.

I am also hoping for something like this periodically! I know I bought a ton of shirts during the sitewide Wootshirt sale in November! And I love the sales during Wootoffs that they would have.

kalee11

wyk3d wrote:Is this price increase going to improve the actual prints on the shirts? Its great that you are changing to a potentially higher quality shirt blank but if the print is not consistent, accurate or long lasting then whats the point.

+1 I definitely think the printing needs improvement.

ropobop

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ropobop

I'm sad that the XL ladies' shirts are smaller than before, and don't come in larger sizes at all. Do none of these companies make 2XL or 3XL for women? I'm usually between a medium and large in most clothes, but t-shirt companies don't think women have breasts, and I like my clothes a bit loose, so... yeah. The price change doesn't affect me since I can't buy anything that will fit anyway, I guess, so that's ... something.

roarkesq

quality posts: 0 Private Messages roarkesq

Damn. I thought we were getting cooler art. I'm not a single woman with 6 cats, I don't camp out in line the night before a Star Wars opening, I don't play D&D, I'm not maniacally obsessed with coffee. Hey, I get it ---those markets are out there. I guess. Nerd Chic. As it is, I have time maybe once a year to comb through hundreds of pages of that stuff to find a jewel. Now, new sweatshop tees, higher prices and more shipping costs. Whats not to like? A New Shirt Woot!

Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

roarkesq wrote:Damn. I thought we were getting cooler art. I'm not a single woman with 6 cats, I don't camp out in line the night before a Star Wars opening, I don't play D&D, I'm not maniacally obsessed with coffee. Hey, I get it ---those markets are out there. I guess. ...

Do you vote in the derby? That's how shirt.woot gauges what Wooters like or dislike.

With that said, every week, the derby editor's plus sale has a variety of designs that didn't get the votes but still has something unique to offer. In all, it's typical that shirt.woot has 120+ new designs offered every month. Something is bound to be to your liking.

mylionmaker

quality posts: 3 Private Messages mylionmaker

Reminder: Get your shirt orders in now to snag the "good ole days" pricing!

kris72663

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kris72663

I'm with everyone else on the pricing. There has to be a better way than adding the cost of shipping to each shirt, which is what you've done.

poopycakes

quality posts: 16 Private Messages poopycakes

Fun Fact: if you wash Bella and Canvas at 90 degrees they become thicker!

so, warmer for winter
(I have not found a way to reverse this yet)

also bring back Creme shirts and Purple as a permanent color ... please

flower753

quality posts: 2 Private Messages flower753
ropobop wrote:I'm sad that the XL ladies' shirts are smaller than before, and don't come in larger sizes at all. Do none of these companies make 2XL or 3XL for women? I'm usually between a medium and large in most clothes, but t-shirt companies don't think women have breasts, and I like my clothes a bit loose, so... yeah. The price change doesn't affect me since I can't buy anything that will fit anyway, I guess, so that's ... something.

Agreed. I must be one of the few people that liked the fit of the Anvil shirts. The Women’s XL fit me like a glove, which means one inch less is NOT going to fit. This plus the price change, I see myself buying no more shirts anytime soon. Really do not want to go back to buying a men’s XL as a compromise.

deusami

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deusami

Echoing previous comments:

Bulk buying is over, which means TShirt surfing is not as much fun--sniff. I like the idea of a coupon code for multiple shirts.

As long as you're sticking with mostly cotton, I'm good.

I hate V-neck girls shirts--simple round neck that is more open is preferable.

Japanese sizing on the premium shirts is terrible--need larger sizes pretty please.

Either add long shirts to your standard shirts or something. I'm getting a 2x guys shirt to cover my kid and even in premium he's swimming in it. Longer is lovely--for mom too.

Since you're now owned by Amazon, how come we can't get the prime shipping?

040871a

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 040871a

Will you still have sweatshirts (that zip up)? These have always been my favorite!
Thanks for any info you could provide.

snuggy2001

quality posts: 0 Private Messages snuggy2001

I can understand the need to increase prices to make the t-shirts more profitable - $5 to ship unlimited quantities of shirts is just crazy - but charging $5 shipping for each shirt is as much as a 50% increase for most shirts. So Woot is hurting on the t-shirt profits and is okay with passing that hurt onto its customers? OUCH!

Wouldn't it have been better to do something like charge $5 shipping for one shirt and $2 for each additional shirt, as a more palatable option for everyone?

Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

Vladrix wrote:<3 I am gonna keep checking to see if you guys stick with this policy, you have always been AMAZING on customer service.

You're welcome, though I'm not staff. I do apologize that the earlier ASCII lacked a cat, so here's a .gif now:

poopycakes wrote:Fun Fact: if you wash Bella and Canvas at 90 degrees they become thicker!

so, warmer for winter
(I have not found a way to reverse this yet)

I have yet to try freezing my shirts to see if it'll thin out.

They're still thin enough to be fine in this 80+ weather. Winter in SoCal can be brutal! It's also why I rarely wear TeeFury shirts -- thick and nowhere near as soft (as the Alstyle 1701 were no longer ring spun).

also bring back Creme shirts and Purple as a permanent color ... please

I miss creme.

Purple was never permanent, but it should be. I miss AA's eggplant too; is a very unique shade.

I think I'm still good with my stash, though:

Kdsfae

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kdsfae

The comments section always makes me sad because usually I don't agree with the commenters but this time... Yeah I am not a fan of this price increase (which seems awfully high). At the same time it sounds like women are getting the short end of the stick with these sizes. Yes, I get that the quality is better and the sleeves are supposedly better, but this still doesn't give women a shirt that looks good and fits well over the bust area. So far I have only found one company that has a shirt that works and yet it isn't even their women's shirt that has a perfect women's fit. I don't understand why it seems to be so hard to find shirts for women, but I admit I am tired of having to buy a men's shirt if I like a design.