olcubmaster

quality posts: 33 Private Messages olcubmaster
elldee wrote:Tennant was my first. Adore him. Then I watched all the new Who episodes and fell hopelessly for The Doctor, no matter who plays him. My fave is Matt Smith and second, Capaldi. Saw him in SF at a con a few months ago. Delightful!! My fave companions were Donna and Bill, then Amy/Rory. Looking forward to Christmas and to our new Doctor. Will miss Peter Capaldi. Heaven Sent/Hell Bent were genius and breathtaking.

I'm older than dirt, so Baker was my first. Tenant set the bar high after Eccleston's brief launch, but I loved Matt's nutty professor with a brain approach. I feel Capaldi got handed more than his share of clunker scripts, but soldiered on through some unforgettable episodes (like the two you noted).

While the choice of the next Doctor ruffled feathers, I'm glad to know I'm not the only one looking forward to the next incarnation. I need my fix!

Sugar 'em up and send 'em home

KindaichiShota

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KindaichiShota

I think I am the only one with the first Doctor as favorite. He is very charming with formal British voice, great acting and sense of humor. He is the actor that make me want to watch the whole series.

benjaminleebates

quality posts: 18 Private Messages benjaminleebates
KindaichiShota wrote:I think I am the only one with the first Doctor as favorite. He is very charming with formal British voice, great acting and sense of humor. He is the actor that make me want to watch the whole series.

The most interesting thing about the first doctor was watching the mythos evolve. They didnt nail down, who/what he was right away. It was more about discovery than anything else.
My fav was Tom Baker. Perfect mix of nutty genuis with child like wonder.
I have also listened to more than my fair share of audio books and audio productions.
To be honest, i find it difficult to get in to all the new whos. It just doesnt feel the same.

You can find my shirts for sale HERE or THERE!

olcubmaster

KindaichiShota wrote:I think I am the only one with the first Doctor as favorite. He is very charming with formal British voice, great acting and sense of humor. He is the actor that make me want to watch the whole series.

As mentioned before, Baker was my first encounter and it wasn't until many years later that the 1st series was easily available. William Hartnell portrayed a dignity and authority that laid the foundation, that's for sure.

olcubmaster

Well now - the show Sunday was something unexpected and yet familiar. Any thoughts?

olcubmaster

New logo for a new Doctor.