Back to Amazon.com

Inatangle

quality posts: 150 Private Messages Inatangle
Re: My superhero dad is better

I appreciate that this one is easier to read than your first one.

It's also a lot easier to understand the humor on this 2nd entry, because both of the characters are fictional, instead of just the one being fictional. Nice work!

spikeani

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spikeani
Inatangle wrote:I appreciate that this one is easier to read than your first one.

It's also a lot easier to understand the humor on this 2nd entry, because both of the characters are fictional, instead of just the one being fictional. Nice work!

yeah my brain has been turned to mush this month. my family has been running me ragged. Hard to concentrate. But at least one more month and the little one will be on vacation. Next year starts high school. think I might move to the north pole or something.LOl

crowsnest

quality posts: 53 Private Messages crowsnest
ignorant wrote:I don't get that.

Did you get it yet?

@crowsnest531

ignorant

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ignorant
crowsnest wrote:Did you get it yet?

No.

All of my posts are quality posts.

acraigl

quality posts: 234 Private Messages acraigl
Re: DAD JOKES ...tragically funny

Seems a little derivative of kevlar51's design.

VOTE >

acraigl

Wishing they promoted this derby better. Wasn't even mentioned in the shirt email this morning. Voter turnout is really low this round.

VOTE >

cubbiecatz

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cubbiecatz

What's with the no cats rule on the recent shirts. I'm in withdrawals.
Let there be cats! : )

TaylorSwiftsHaircut

quality posts: 33 Private Messages TaylorSwiftsHaircut
acraigl wrote:Wishing they promoted this derby better. Wasn't even mentioned in the shirt email this morning. Voter turnout is really low this round.

We just had a meeting yesterday to discuss derby promotions. I promise- we have a plan and we are going to make it work!

Narfcake

quality posts: 397 Private Messages Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

TaylorSwiftsHaircut wrote:We just had a meeting yesterday to discuss derby promotions. I promise- we have a plan and we are going to make it work!

This is the meeting room, right?

No.1 rule of online apparel purchases: SIZING CHARTS! Unsure about classic and fitted options at shirt.woot? Comments on the new pricing? Read more about that here.

Do you like (or dislike) what you see at shirt.woot? Choose what prints at shirt.woot! Vote in the derby!
- Note: I am not staff. If you need help with your purchases, contact Support.

acraigl

TaylorSwiftsHaircut wrote:We just had a meeting yesterday to discuss derby promotions. I promise- we have a plan and we are going to make it work!

Good to know. Thanks.

VOTE >

momoshwing

quality posts: 1 Private Messages momoshwing
ILoveEwe wrote:Nice! A Bioshock design! Always heard awesome stuff about it, never got around to playing it myself.

Great design

You have to play it! It is such a great game. I don't know how well it holds up to the test of time but I think it was remastered at some point. Thank you btw! I'm hoping to have the opportunity to own this one so I'm hoping it gets a print! It's been a while since I've seen the fog, haha.

momoshwing

Inatangle wrote:To maddidoodles and momoshwing:

Take my advice for what it's worth... because I am not a shirt designer.

If I was designing shirts, I would enter some designs into the "dailies" as well as the weekly derbies. You could submit your own creative ideas that way, instead of having to fit a Derby subject. A "stand out" concept entered in the dailies might have a better chance of printing. You'll never know unless you try.

But keep entering the Derbies too, so that voters like me can see what you are creating! Good luck, and hang in there.

One more bit of advice; introduce your Derby designs with a brief explanation and/or a humorous comment. It will give your entry more exposure, as it will appear in the "comment chain."

You speak truth. To be honest I was extremely discouraged early on, but my designs also weren't that great looking back. I feel I've grown as an artist (but I guess that is subjective, haha) and I really enjoy the challenge of taking an idea from a concept in your head to a design on a shirt. It's super cool to see everyone's work because you really can see a little bit of everyone's unique style in their designs.

Narfcake

quality posts: 397 Private Messages Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

maddidoodles wrote:I really had hope in this one...

If there's ever any mantra here, it's to keep on trying, because you never know what resonates with the voters.

"I’m not an artist, and usually my designs do miserably. Even in that ... derby, I spent all night on an entry that got 17 total votes, but made ... in an hour."

The design in context? Nevermore. And it has sold well over 60,000 copies since its debut 9 years ago.

~~~~~

The audience has changed here over the years, but the core aspect to place and print here hasn't -- which still boils down to the whim of the voters for the week.

There's no magic formula here. Try different styles. Keep at it. You will be noticed, and you will get prints.

No.1 rule of online apparel purchases: SIZING CHARTS! Unsure about classic and fitted options at shirt.woot? Comments on the new pricing? Read more about that here.

Do you like (or dislike) what you see at shirt.woot? Choose what prints at shirt.woot! Vote in the derby!
- Note: I am not staff. If you need help with your purchases, contact Support.

Dragonfancy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Dragonfancy
Re: Best Dad

O.M.G. adorbs!.... must have....

sketchyTK

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sketchyTK
Re: Number one dad in the galaxy

That's a good shirt.

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 306 Private Messages Spiritgreen

The remastered version is very good. I originally started playing on the Xbox 360 but hated the controls, tried it on PC years later and it had weird mouse acceleration issues. Now that's all fixed, the remaster is perfect and the game holds up really well.

Just started Bioshock 2 for the first time and you are a Big Daddy. (!) Good luck with this momo'.

tshirtscribble

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tshirtscribble
Re: SON of DAD

ELAINE: Wait a minute, wait a minute. Who is the Lopper?

KRAMER: Oh, it's no big deal. It's just some guy who's been running around Riverside park-pffff. You know, cutting people's heads off.

JERRY: How come I haven't read about this?

KRAMER: Well, you know, the police, they've been having some internal dissension about the name.

ELAINE: Really? What're the other titles?

KRAMER: Uh, Headso...uh...The Denogginizer...Son of dad.

JERRY: Son of dad?

KRAMER: Yeah. That was my suggestion. It's sort of a catchall.

maddidoodles

quality posts: 2 Private Messages maddidoodles

Thanks everyone! I'll try to keep all this in mind and keep on designing!

momoshwing

Re: Big Daddy

Thank you for the votes and kind words everyone!!

jakencook

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jakencook

Edit.

jakencook

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jakencook
Re: Best Dad

Very nice design. Reminds me a lot of the Mother's Day dragon shirt from a few years ago.