ILoveEwe

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ILoveEwe
simic wrote:Like that?
Now, I have to hope my wife doesn't see your comment because she got upset that I took my five year old son's advice and went with blue instead of beige, which she pushed for.

Which of the colors does everyone prefer?

I, too, prefer the beige, but both do work nicely.

Beautifully clean line art and I love the little details.

ILoveEwe

Re: Correcting Grammar

Hah! Good joke, good execution! I love that it looks like the normal logo, at a very quick glance, but if you look just a half-second longer, the joke comes through. Really nice

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 294 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Re: Snow Dragon

Very cool look to both of your designs.

Heads up though, there's a six color limit in the derby. You can use halftones for more variety but your inks have to be separated for screenprinting.

ILoveEwe

Re: Sarcasm Sampler

Is...this...true? Haha I love the juxtaposition of those sweet "home sweet home"-type cross stitch designs with a less-than-heartwarming message

Both for "ugly sweaters" and this, you have lovely "knit" designs. It occurred to me, while looking at this, and making sweater designs, that it's a lot like making pixel art, in a way.

I think you do this type of style really well. It can be difficult to decide what details to omit, and which to keep, but I think you consistently execute really well on that type of minimalism.

oakenspirit

quality posts: 114 Private Messages oakenspirit
Re: An Unexpected Journey

I love this- I'd wear it on any color but I'd stab a dude for it with beige on olive. ;)

ILoveEwe

acraigl wrote:Looks like this isn't making much of a run. And I see with all the other entries for context I might have gone too dark with it. I may pull it and reworking the concept for a future derby.

It's a shame, because I think your art on this is really cool. I really like the line work, I think you caught that "Japanese ink-painting" vibe really nicely. Not just in the line-work, but in the style you did the background.

Wheels03

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Wheels03
Re: Uncle Owen's Moisture Farm

...and coming soon, Lars Family Barbecue 😬

oakenspirit

Re: Ring Yang

This is such a cool idea- I like how it's a spin on the book's themes- Balancing Nature and Industry instead of having them clash.

acraigl

quality posts: 213 Private Messages acraigl
ILoveEwe wrote:It's a shame, because I think your art on this is really cool. I really like the line work, I think you caught that "Japanese ink-painting" vibe really nicely. Not just in the line-work, but in the style you did the background.

Appreciate the feedback. I don't feel badly about the lower vote count -- I like trying new things -- you never know what is going to hit and gives me a chance to grow out of my comfort zone.

BUY! >>

Darthead

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Darthead
Re: Finger Lickin' Good

I like it, but then I like all your work. Keep up the great work!!!!

acraigl

quality posts: 213 Private Messages acraigl
Re: I Have Brains

This is cute -- one thing throwing me off. Is the shadow for the brains in the wrong place? It seems like it should be on the brains to create a sense of "inside"; right now it appears to float on top of the face. Or is it just me?

BUY! >>

benjaminleebates

quality posts: 18 Private Messages benjaminleebates
acraigl wrote:This is cute -- one thing throwing me off. Is the shadow for the brains in the wrong place? It seems like it should be on the brains to create a sense of "inside"; right now it appears to float on top of the face. Or is it just me?

i see it too, the only way that would work is if the brain was hanging out. It would have been better without and gradients.

You can find my shirts for sale HERE or THERE!

ILoveEwe

benjaminleebates wrote:i see it too, the only way that would work is if the brain was hanging out. It would have been better without and gradients.

I see the same thing, I think if they took that darker pink and put the halftone cast-shadow on the brain-part instead (so on the inside of the head) it would work. As is, the cast-shadow is on the skin, so it looks above it.

Spiritgreen

Re: Ring Yang

Love the random combination of eyeball and grass :^) Great design fb'

Sulinarian

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Sulinarian

Thanks for the compliment.

I am aware of the 6 color limit. There are 5 colors + white underbase in each and are separated for print.

I used to work at a screen printer and am familiar with the printing techniques.

Spiritgreen wrote:Very cool look to both of your designs.

Heads up though, there's a six color limit in the derby. You can use halftones for more variety but your inks have to be separated for screenprinting.

Spiritgreen

Sulinarian wrote:Thanks for the compliment.

I am aware of the 6 color limit. There are 5 colors + white underbase in each and are separated for print.

I used to work at a screen printer and am familiar with the printing techniques.

Excellent. :^)

poopycakes

quality posts: 4 Private Messages poopycakes
Re: An Unexpected Journey

I like the blue, it has a great wintery feel

ILoveEwe

acraigl wrote:Appreciate the feedback. I don't feel badly about the lower vote count -- I like trying new things -- you never know what is going to hit and gives me a chance to grow out of my comfort zone.

I think that's a really positive attitude to take. Trying to predict what will and won't be popular is like herding cats (not possible, hehe ). I think if you make designs that help you expand, you can, at least, get something out of it.

I really think you did a great job with this one.

poopycakes

Re: Solstice Tree

love this!

poopycakes

Re: The Thruth Is Out There

so good!, love the way it splits at the bottom, this should be getting a lot more votes

poopycakes

great parody

benjaminleebates

quality posts: 18 Private Messages benjaminleebates
Sulinarian wrote:Thanks for the compliment.

Narfcake can speak to this, but it is rare that "knowledge" of screen printing techniques holds much weight here on woot. The rules have wavered over the years on some of these points and your design may not get rejected. But be aware, a lack of rejection does not infer approval.
Nothing is worse than a creating a design, then getting rejected at the 11th hour because they "cannot" print it. Insult to injury is having submitted designs in the same fashion for months without getting proper feedback.

You can find my shirts for sale HERE or THERE!

oakenspirit

Re: Not Flat

Perfect! haha

Sulinarian

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Sulinarian

Well, the knowledge I have regarding the aforementioned processes is sufficient to make my point.

I was able to print designs like this in the past and will not be responsible for someone's shortcomings or inability to print what they specifically ask for.

benjaminleebates wrote:Narfcake can speak to this, but it is rare that "knowledge" of screen printing techniques holds much weight here on woot. The rules have wavered over the years on some of these points and your design may not get rejected. But be aware, a lack of rejection does not infer approval.
Nothing is worse than a creating a design, then getting rejected at the 11th hour because they "cannot" print it. Insult to injury is having submitted designs in the same fashion for months without getting proper feedback.

KadyBS

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KadyBS
Re: not in the mood

You don't need to say it just wear this shirt

spikeani

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spikeani
Re: Snow Dragon

Dang I
am glad I took a second look at this piece. This needs to print. Greg job. gMV

SeedUvPain

quality posts: 11 Private Messages SeedUvPain
ILoveEwe wrote:I see the same thing, I think if they took that darker pink and put the halftone cast-shadow on the brain-part instead (so on the inside of the head) it would work. As is, the cast-shadow is on the skin, so it looks above it.

Thanks for the feedback, everyone. I agree it looks a little funky. I was in such a rush last night to get something out before I went to bed, I missed a lot of what you pointed out. Sometimes it's better to get some outside eyes on a thing before settling on the final version. I appreciate your input

Spiritgreen

Re: Coffee Radar

Maybe this would make a better app than a shirt.

Spiritgreen

Re: I Have Brains

Love this! And I'm always excited to see a golden era Wooter appear. :^)

I'm reading the scalp as puckering out around the hole and casting a shadow down, so it kinda works for me.

omarfeliciano

quality posts: 48 Private Messages omarfeliciano
Re: This is how I Roll

This is very cute!!!

omarfeliciano

Clever parody

omarfeliciano

Re: Solstice Tree

Love it, man!

omarfeliciano

omarfeliciano

Re: Enso Circle

Beautiful design

omarfeliciano

Re: A Most Horrible Circle

This looks amazing. Great work!

omarfeliciano

Re: Krackalakin

Very cute, release the Kraken!!!

omarfeliciano

Re: Powered by Magic

My girlfriend would love this one

omarfeliciano

Re: Uncle Owen's Moisture Farm

Great design, love the style on this one

SeedUvPain

quality posts: 11 Private Messages SeedUvPain
Re: I Have Brains.

Thanks to the feedback I received on my design, I was able to go back and make it a bit more like I originally envisioned. Thank you to those who voted previously, and to you who were willing to give constructive criticism. It's been awhile since I've been back here.

Discovertic

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Discovertic
poopycakes wrote:so good!, love the way it splits at the bottom, this should be getting a lot more votes

Thank you Poopycakes 8)

my old account
pijaczaj