Back to Amazon.com

acraigl

quality posts: 231 Private Messages acraigl
Inatangle wrote:Another eclipse design!

I wish that it didn't take up so much space... (no pun intended) If you resize this and enter it again, you've got my vote for sure!

I think this likely fits in the allowable printable area.

VOTE! >

kg07

quality posts: 14 Private Messages kg07
Inatangle wrote:lol! 52 card pickup... hmmmmm. Did you forget that there are also 2 jokers in a deck?

Ha! Yes and in certain games, the Joker is used as a trump card.

benjaminleebates

quality posts: 18 Private Messages benjaminleebates
acraigl wrote:I think this likely fits in the allowable printable area.

I think they just don't like the design to fill up so much of the tee.

You can find my shirts for sale HERE or THERE!

Inatangle

quality posts: 150 Private Messages Inatangle
benjaminleebates wrote:K. So I don't think I am alone. But... I find myself typing out a huge tirade about something that is rubbing me the wrong way; only to delete the post.
Once I read what I have written I imagine all the backslash. The exhausting, tiresome, often whining, backlash.
I feel like some of us are allowed to have opinions (when the louder majority agrees) but the opinions that are in minority will get shouted down.
I was just going to wax lyrical on the less political climate of woot back during the days of lore.

Boy, do I hear you.

In some ways, this has been a very hard Derby for me to comment on, because of all of the political designs. Some of them I like, some of them I don't. Many of them have made me laugh... whether I agree with them or not. I've started to comment on several of them... and have deleted the post, just like you.

The older I get, the less I like politics. They are very divisive, difficult, and can split up the best of friends. I try hard to keep my political views under wraps, except at home, where my husband and I moan & groan freely to each other... lol

I firmly believe that friendship, and genuine concern for other people are the most important things. When it comes right down to it, I think everybody knows that, deep down inside. Unfortunately, politics makes it so easy to forget that sometimes!

This particular Derby, being "The Year in Review" was bound to have more political wallpapers in it than usual. My husband, who often looks over my shoulder when I'm laughing at, voting for, and commenting on entries, pointed that out to me. Since Derby entries have been rejected from time to time for being too political, it will be interesting to see what happens with the ones in this Derby.

Hang in there, everybody, no matter what side of the political spectrum you live on. As for you, Benjamin, I wish that you and your wife could meet me and my husband for dinner sometime. I have a gut feeling that we would have a ball... especially if we threw politics out the window!

PS. I honestly have a hard time with that "redact" word. To me, it looks like "react" with a 'd' stuck in the middle of it. Don't worry about trying to explain it to me though. Tomorrow morning when I wake up, I plan to look it up and try to understand the definition again. Hopefully, I'll finally get it.

Inatangle

Re: Sun Division

acraigl wrote:I think this likely fits in the allowable printable area.

Yes, I'm sure that it does fit the printable area. In fact, I just decided to vote for this design even though I wish it were smaller.

I wear my shirts tucked in. So if I wear a Woot shirt with "too much design" on it, people often want me to pull the rest of the shirt out so that they can see/read it! And I'd rather not... so I'm starting to lean towards buying shirts with smaller design area, or "less real estate".

It's just a personal preference. I've seen other people express the same opinion.

letterq

quality posts: 5 Private Messages letterq
Re: Fake News

AHAH GENIUS!

Inatangle

Re: Tenionaire

Sigh... I would probably be a Penny-ionaire... lol gmv

(Acraig, thanks for keep an eye out for me on in the Derbies. I appreciate it. )

Inatangle

Good luck in the Derby, everybody!

benjaminleebates

Inatangle wrote:Boy, do I hear you.

In some ways, this has been a very hard Derby for me to comment on, because of all of the political designs. Some of them I like, some of them I don't. Many of them have made me laugh... whether I agree with them or not. I've started to comment on several of them... and have deleted the post, just like you.

The older I get, the less I like politics. They are very divisive, difficult, and can split up the best of friends. I try hard to keep my political views under wraps, except at home, where my husband and I moan & groan freely to each other... lol

I firmly believe that friendship, and genuine concern for other people are the most important things. When it comes right down to it, I think everybody knows that, deep down inside. Unfortunately, politics makes it so easy to forget that sometimes!

This particular Derby, being "The Year in Review" was bound to have more political wallpapers in it than usual. My husband, who often looks over my shoulder when I'm laughing at, voting for, and commenting on entries, pointed that out to me. Since Derby entries have been rejected from time to time for being too political, it will be interesting to see what happens with the ones in this Derby.

Hang in there, everybody, no matter what side of the political spectrum you live on. As for you, Benjamin, I wish that you and your wife could meet me and my husband for dinner sometime. I have a gut feeling that we would have a ball... especially if we threw politics out the window!

PS. I honestly have a hard time with that "redact" word. To me, it looks like "react" with a 'd' stuck in the middle of it. Don't worry about trying to explain it to me though. Tomorrow morning when I wake up, I plan to look it up and try to understand the definition again. Hopefully, I'll finally get it.

Thanks for taking the time to respond.
When I began here, I thought this derby was a great cradle of creative output. There have been many of us that have cut our teeth here.
Critiques, guidance, inspiration and growth have always felt like the cornerstone. Maybe I am projecting.
I have learned much from playing the derby each week.
So when things get political, personal, or too snarky; it begins to feel uncomfortable. This space begins to feels tainted by the outside.
I have brought my prejudice here, too. I wish I hadn't. I will strive to stay positive and not get dragged down.

acraigl

Inatangle wrote:Sigh... I would probably be a Penny-ionaire... lol gmv

(Acraig, thanks for keep an eye out for me on in the Derbies. I appreciate it. )

We appreciate you, and the enthusiasm you bring to the derbies!

VOTE! >

acraigl

Re: Quick Maths

Funny and well done, but this might be an IP violation. IIRC, Simpsons folks are pretty litigious.

VOTE! >

vomaria

quality posts: 2 Private Messages vomaria

I gotta say... this is GENIUS!

thatquietgir1

quality posts: 14 Private Messages thatquietgir1
flemtone wrote:Brilliant.

Thanks!

reverseemf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages reverseemf
sheri42lawson wrote:This is brilliant!!! POltergeist Santa. WOW! I want this shirt!

Thanks.

reverseemf

acraigl wrote:Unfortunately, photos are not allowed.

Truly, I did use artwork from the Poltergeist DVD cover (not exactly the image you are displaying in your comment, though).

I did an AI Trace, then cleaned up the hands, and did my own TV screen static (came out better). But, the "art" in this tee-shirt design is in the *idea*: the mash up of the iconic Poltergeist image with the notion that sweet little Carol Anne conceives the ominous presence to be Santa (perhaps utilizing a more modern pathway into the home -- which, in itself is creepy).

Thus, the artwork I submitted is not a photo, so not sure what you mean.

It is based on something that was probably achieved by photographic means, but was, also, probably processed to achieve the ominous quality that lingers in the minds of so many -- in other words, it's a piece of artwork. Rather than take the time to render something similar, I thought it kosher to arrive at my little spoof more directly -- the way so many other famous works of art are altered for parody, like the Mona Lisa, or Van Gogh's Starry Night, or The Scream by Edvard Munch.

acraigl

reverseemf wrote:Truly, I did use artwork from the Poltergeist DVD cover (not exactly the image you are displaying in your comment, though).

I did an AI Trace, then cleaned up the hands, and did my own TV screen static (came out better). But, the "art" in this tee-shirt design is in the *idea*: the mash up of the iconic Poltergeist image with the notion that sweet little Carol Anne conceives the ominous presence to be Santa (perhaps utilizing a more modern pathway into the home -- which, in itself is creepy).

Thus, the artwork I submitted is not a photo, so not sure what you mean.

It is based on something that was probably achieved by photographic means, but was, also, probably processed to achieve the ominous quality that lingers in the minds of so many -- in other words, it's a piece of artwork. Rather than take the time to render something similar, I thought it kosher to arrive at my little spoof more directly -- the way so many other famous works of art are altered for parody, like the Mona Lisa, or Van Gogh's Starry Night, or The Scream by Edvard Munch.

Sorry, I should have been more explicit. Woot has a policy around photos as sources for artwork, particularly when it comes to autotrace. I was simply letting you know, but it's up to woot whether or not they feel you did enough customization to allow it to pass without rejection.

Personally, it still looks like an autotrace to me, which is why I made the (too succinct) comment that I did. Folks that are new to the derby (I think you are?) may not be aware of the rules so we try to make them aware where we can.

VOTE! >

reverseemf

acraigl wrote:

Personally, it still looks like an autotrace to me, which is why I made the (too succinct) comment that I did. Folks that are new to the derby (I think you are?) may not be aware of the rules so we try to make them aware where we can.

Yes, this is my first entry. And, OK, now I get it. And, you're right, most of it is the AutoTrace, unaltered. My alterations were to areas that are important to comprehension, like the hands and the top of her head (which in the autotrace was lopped off). I also did a few clean ups here and there. And, as I said before, that TV static and CRT frame are all mine.

benjaminleebates

reverseemf wrote:
Yes, this is my first entry. And, OK, now I get it. And, you're right, most of it is the AutoTrace, unaltered. My alterations were to areas that are important to comprehension, like the hands and the top of her head (which in the autotrace was lopped off). I also did a few clean ups here and there. And, as I said before, that TV static and CRT frame are all mine.

Since you are open to help (which is a wonderful and rare trait sometimes, for newbies), i have a tip...
People do auto-trace. Some people are caught and others are not. Do not auto trace anything that is popular or easily recognized. Woot does not want to be sued by any company that claims the rights. Even if it seems to be open source, or stock photo.
I auto-trace my own hand drawings. I have seen other people auto trace from photos that they have taken. But this still causes much consternation.
Just for FYI. Woot fans like the looks of designs that appear to be created by human hands. Do this whenever you can. Or else stick with text only...

omarfeliciano

quality posts: 48 Private Messages omarfeliciano
Re: The Last One

Awesome artwork like always, kinda wish it didn't had the text, though.

omarfeliciano

Re: Trollum

This is awesome! Great idea

omarfeliciano

Re: The Force is Strong with Us

Cuteness overload!!!! Love it!

omarfeliciano

So good!

reverseemf

benjaminleebates wrote:Since you are open to help (which is a wonderful and rare trait sometimes, for newbies), i have a tip...
People do auto-trace. Some people are caught and others are not. Do not auto trace anything that is popular or easily recognized. Woot does not want to be sued by any company that claims the rights. Even if it seems to be open source, or stock photo.
I auto-trace my own hand drawings. I have seen other people auto trace from photos that they have taken. But this still causes much consternation.
Just for FYI. Woot fans like the looks of designs that appear to be created by human hands. Do this whenever you can. Or else stick with text only...

Cool, thanks for the advice. And regarding the concern for litigation, it seems to me people would see this shirt and think "Yeah! Poltergeist! Haven't seen that in a while...let's go buy the DVD!" In other words, free advertising?!

But, I get it.

omarfeliciano

Re: Doodle Trump

hahaha

omarfeliciano

Re: Show Your Claws

Can't believe I'm going to say this about a cat shirt, but, I Love It!

krittikae

quality posts: 29 Private Messages krittikae
Inatangle wrote:The only problem with this shirt is that I can barely remember last year... this insanely crazy year has crowded last year out of my mind... :P

Tell me about it! I live in Houston. During 2017, we hosted the Superbowl, won the World Series, had a hurricane and record flooding, and snow. And that only covers sports and weather!!

Vote!

Follow me here!

krittikae

Re: One Star Year in Review

Lol, I know, but even the worst places have a star, right?

Vote!

Follow me here!

frnullandvoid

quality posts: 1 Private Messages frnullandvoid
reverseemf wrote:

"Yes, this is my first entry."

I hope it's not your last, I rather like it!

sharonkay

quality posts: 5 Private Messages sharonkay
krittikae wrote:2017 definitely only merits one star in my opinion.

Was just thinking about all that happened this year....yep that about sums it up! Good one!

mecos

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mecos

dang, i thought this was a review of all this year's submissions, didn't know it was a new derby theme.

goab

quality posts: 1 Private Messages goab
Re: Forever Offended

This shirt must come to pass as this is my mantra!

krittikae

sharonkay wrote:Was just thinking about all that happened this year....yep that about sums it up! Good one!

Thanks!

Vote!

Follow me here!

krittikae

We're a big community here. We were all new once, and we like to help each other out. That being said, welcome! Keep trying designs, and you'll find your groove.

Vote!

Follow me here!

Nicoleonyoutube

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Nicoleonyoutube

Why trashing our elected President Amazon?
Killery would not stand behind U.S.
She is all about herself.

Re: Eleclipse

Narfcake

quality posts: 395 Private Messages Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

Nicoleonyoutube wrote:Why trashing our elected President Amazon?
Killery would not stand behind U.S.
She is all about herself.

This is the derby and this week's theme is the year in review. Artists are welcome to submit designs from their perspective, which may differ from yours. If you don't agree with them, feel free to vote for designs that you would like to buy instead.

No.1 rule of online apparel purchases: SIZING CHARTS! Unsure about classic and fitted options at shirt.woot? Comments on the new pricing? Read more about that here.

Do you like (or dislike) what you see at shirt.woot? Choose what prints at shirt.woot! Vote in the derby!
- Note: I am not staff. If you need help with your purchases, contact Support.

spikeani

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spikeani
Re: Show Your Claws

Another classic At this rate I'll never catch up to all the great designs you with woot. Lol Still GMV

simic

quality posts: 24 Private Messages simic
benjaminleebates wrote:K. So I don't think I am alone. But... I find myself typing out a huge tirade about something that is rubbing me the wrong way; only to delete the post.
Once I read what I have written I imagine all the backslash. The exhausting, tiresome, often whining, backlash.
I feel like some of us are allowed to have opinions (when the louder majority agrees) but the opinions that are in minority will get shouted down.
I was just going to wax lyrical on the less political climate of woot back during the days of lore.

I imagine the backlash could've been severe some five years ago.
But now, I don't think you should worry about it.

It's the same handful of people commenting every week and we're all pretty tame and respectful to each other.

Regarding politics: I assume everyone was hesitant to do a political shirt, but the president has been a part of our pop culture since the 80s, so it doesn't feel like a huge leap into politics. Plus, he's been in the news daily this year.

The only thing that always receives a negative response here is plagiarism. (And cat shirts that place in the top 3.)

thatquietgir1

quality posts: 14 Private Messages thatquietgir1
Re: Survived Another Journey

Nice clean design, love the way you did the cast shadow on the letters.

Narfcake

quality posts: 395 Private Messages Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

simic wrote:I imagine the backlash could've been severe some five years ago.
But now, I don't think you should worry about it.

It's the same handful of people commenting every week and we're all pretty tame and respectful to each other.

Regarding politics: I assume everyone was hesitant to do a political shirt, but the president has been a part of our pop culture since the 80s, so it doesn't feel like a huge leap into politics. Plus, he's been in the news daily this year.

The only thing that always receives a negative response here is plagiarism. (And cat shirts that place in the top 3.)

The most vocal Wooters with overwhelmingly negative commentary have moved on, so the days of abrasive comments isn't prevalent like it used to be. Much of us are highly against plagiarists and cheaters, but that about it for common ground. The community here come from different backgrounds, so something is always bound to offend someone; that's inevitable. Someone reading this now is probably offended that no escribo estos en la lingua de los gatos, y'know!

Valid commentary and critique is still very welcome. Just know that if one wants the message to have merit, it needs to be well written. Any comment that uses name calling is an automatic lose.

No.1 rule of online apparel purchases: SIZING CHARTS! Unsure about classic and fitted options at shirt.woot? Comments on the new pricing? Read more about that here.

Do you like (or dislike) what you see at shirt.woot? Choose what prints at shirt.woot! Vote in the derby!
- Note: I am not staff. If you need help with your purchases, contact Support.

janusville

quality posts: 0 Private Messages janusville
Re: The Last Pewpew

Pew Pew Pew!

Janus Raphaelidis