Back to Amazon.com

kg07

quality posts: 14 Private Messages kg07
Re: Snacks

Love the idea and the robot style!

kg07

Re: Ass in Gear

Very funny! Would work in last week’s derby as well.

kg07

acraigl wrote:Also, how the hell do you do all those subtle halftones? Amazing.

Thanks acraigl (although I see several better examples of the process in other derby entries). I use different brushes and erasers in sketchbook pro and then import into photoshop to halftone each layer at the end of the process. I assume you are taking a break after knocking it out of the park with four or five great designs last week.

kg07

transformingegg wrote:Great stuff ! Best “Doctor” design I have seen in a while. Can’t understand why it doesn’t have more votes.

Thanks Simic! A lot of great entries this week, so the votes are rightly being spread around.

acraigl

quality posts: 231 Private Messages acraigl
kg07 wrote:Thanks acraigl (although I see several better examples of the process in other derby entries). I use different brushes and erasers in sketchbook pro and then import into photoshop to halftone each layer at the end of the process. I assume you are taking a break after knocking it out of the park with four or five great designs last week.

Not that great, apparently, but thanks, Yeah, I only have time on weekends to design and I was away the last one. Which I don't feel too badly about because there is some kickass stuff up there. Glad I don't have to compete this week, sheesh!

VOTE! >

kharmazero

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kharmazero
Re: the architect's dream

MrBignell wrote:I feel like I'd get lost in this. +1

thanks a lot Mr B

Sulinarian

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Sulinarian

As always, I appreciate the compliment, man. I thought of including additional parts of the orange, but voted against it. Part of the reason is that I'm a fan of artwork that makes me think and figure obscure details out. I always liked looking at pictures that looked cool enough to catch my eye, but also having "ahhh" moments when hidden things were either figured out or pointed out to me. I thought it just made it even cooler.

I also tried saturating the orange a bit more, but preferred the "dirtier" look.

I wasn't a fan of the topic to begin with, so I wasn't willing to put a boat load of effort into it.

acraigl wrote:I had a similar thought but no time to execute. This works well for your 3D modeling style. Just a couple of thoughts/suggestions:
- The clockwork part is obvious, but the orange less so. Adding an orange slice or other half or something may add to the readability and composition
- I wish the orange was more orange.

Really neat though.

Sulinarian

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Sulinarian

Thank you!

parrotworks wrote:Nice artwork!

acraigl

Sulinarian wrote:As always, I appreciate the compliment, man. I thought of including additional parts of the orange, but voted against it. Part of the reason is that I'm a fan of artwork that makes me think and figure obscure details out. I always liked looking at pictures that looked cool enough to catch my eye, but also having "ahhh" moments when hidden things were either figured out or pointed out to me. I thought it just made it even cooler.

I also tried saturating the orange a bit more, but preferred the "dirtier" look.

I wasn't a fan of the topic to begin with, so I wasn't willing to put a boat load of effort into it.

I hear you. But with shirts I think you have to be more direct. Folks need to "get it" at a glance. Sure, you can have details and little easter eggs, but the core concept needs to be understood immediately.
YMMV.

VOTE! >

acraigl

Re: Blue Bird and Robot are friends!

Wow!
Hey, just a heads up -- even in the mock-up it's easy to tell this is outside the printable area (looking at the top of his head/hat breaking the neckline, and sides touching the, well, sides). You may want to resub on a better placed comp.

VOTE! >

ste7enl

quality posts: 19 Private Messages ste7enl
MrBignell wrote:Haha, This for all my English in-laws! +1

I read that as "English-in-laws" instead of "English in-laws." It's funnier that way.

artguyaaron

quality posts: 1 Private Messages artguyaaron

matthewart

quality posts: 0 Private Messages matthewart

heh heh... um... Disclaimer final print may be better placed than mock up. Phew... THERE! that fixed it that was a close one. thanks!

acraigl

matthewart wrote:heh heh... um... Disclaimer final print may be better placed than mock up. Phew... THERE! that fixed it that was a close one. thanks!

Not sure if you're being sarcastic, but a design outside the print area can get you disqualified. I was just trying to save you from losing votes, especially because the art is so good.

VOTE! >

greeneking

quality posts: 0 Private Messages greeneking
Re: I Can Join the Club?...

this is hilarious!

kg07

Re: That's How I Roll

Nicely done! I also love the way you fill in the background with textured lines on your designs.

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 61 Private Messages fishbiscuit5
MrBignell wrote:PotterHead! <3 +1

Hedwig better have my Hogwarts letter!

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 61 Private Messages fishbiscuit5
Re: Ass in Gear

This is perfect.

transformingegg

quality posts: 9 Private Messages transformingegg
kg07 wrote:Thanks Simic! A lot of great entries this week, so the votes are rightly being spread around.

I’m not Simic, but happy to be mistaken for him! ;)

dfunk29

quality posts: 57 Private Messages dfunk29
Re: Steam Punk Logic

Love this!

dfunk29

Re: Steampunk Dragonfly

Gorgeous! GMV

dfunk29

Re: Caution: Aether Inside

Wow! Super creative & very well done!

simic

quality posts: 24 Private Messages simic
Re: Finish Him!

Thanks, everyone!

Can we all agree that drawing a gear is a nightmare?

simic

Re: Snacks

The one in the back is eating it!
Great job!

kg07

transformingegg wrote:I’m not Simic, but happy to be mistaken for him! ;)

Ha! Sorry transforming egg! My fault for trying to comment using my phone with my eyesite.

imisko

quality posts: 0 Private Messages imisko

acraigl

Re: Steam Punk Logic

Ha! If you didn't submit art yet, consider doing it without periods as the end of your text. I think it will let it align better and not lose anything in the process.

I kinda wish one of the O's was a gear... not that it would do anything, but because it would just look cool.

VOTE! >

matthewart

acraigl wrote:Not sure if you're being sarcastic, but a design outside the print area can get you disqualified. I was just trying to save you from losing votes, especially because the art is so good.

Thanks man! I appreciate it. I wouldn't sweat it. The mock up doesn't reflect the final placement. It's just a mock up. If the design should be lucky enough to be made into an awesome WOOT SHIRT of powah! the good folks at Shirt Woot will put it were it needs to go. ok? no worries.

matthewart

I'm a HUUUUGE fan by the way! all your designs are SOSUPERAWESOME!!! Extra clever and cool. Totally put a smile on my face! thanks again for the advice I'm such a noob.

matthewart

acraigl wrote:Not sure if you're being sarcastic, but a design outside the print area can get you disqualified. I was just trying to save you from losing votes, especially because the art is so good.

I'm a HUUUUGE fan by the way! all your designs are SOSUPERAWESOME!!! Extra clever and cool. Totally put a smile on my face! thanks again for the advice I'm such a noob.

matthewart

matthewart wrote:Thanks man! I appreciate it. I wouldn't sweat it. The mock up doesn't reflect the final placement. It's just a mock up. If the design should be lucky enough to be made into an awesome WOOT SHIRT of powah! the good folks at Shirt Woot will put it were it needs to go. ok? no worries.

acraigl

matthewart wrote:I'm a HUUUUGE fan by the way! all your designs are SOSUPERAWESOME!!! Extra clever and cool. Totally put a smile on my face! thanks again for the advice I'm such a noob.

Appreciate that! Thanks so much!

While woot does have ultimate say in placement of the design, the voters have to know what they are getting (at least approximately) that's why the placement rule, specifically being outside the printable area, is there. Lots of shirts have been rejected for no other reason than being out of spec like this.

It's up to you to roll the dice, though. Good luck and I'm looking forward to seeing more of your stuff. You are talented and have a really neat style!

VOTE! >

matthewart

acraigl wrote:Appreciate that! Thanks so much!

While woot does have ultimate say in placement of the design, the voters have to know what they are getting (at least approximately) that's why the placement rule, specifically being outside the printable area, is there. Lots of shirts have been rejected for no other reason than being out of spec like this.

It's up to you to roll the dice, though. Good luck and I'm looking forward to seeing more of your stuff. You are talented and have a really neat style!

You make an excellent point! thank you. I'm still new at this and learning the ropes. So your advice is very helpful. I was looking at how the other EXCELLENT artist here do the mock up bit. I will definitely do a more better one next time! keep rocking man!!!

matthewart

Re: Racing the Gauntlet

this really could be the GREATEST thing ever and then some!!!

matthewart

I didn't realized Thanos was such a handy man... erm Titan.

matthewart

Thanos is really running the gauntlet here.

simic

kg07 wrote:Ha! Sorry transforming egg! My fault for trying to comment using my phone with my eyesite.

Egg wrote what I was thinking, so it's all good.

simic

Re: Geared Up Galaxy

This is cool

Bohsky

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Bohsky
Re: I Can Has Steampunk?

Design makes an ironic representation of the fact that adding few cogs doesn't make it steampunk.

spikeani

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spikeani
dfunk29 wrote:Gorgeous! GMV

Thanks trying my best