Back to Amazon.com

mbspell

quality posts: 43 Private Messages mbspell

bumping for december

on hold to complain to UPS. twice this week they delivered my packages to my neighbor. he's my parent's age, had a knee replaced last year, and my driveway is 200 ft long. he's kinda tired of having to bring me all my packages. happened about 6 times this year. was on hold 15 min (said 20 min wait), then unhelpful lady transferred me. wait time now over 23 min. ARGH

got our tree up & lit, will decorate it tomorrow. probably put up the stockings then, too.

hot72chev

quality posts: 28 Private Messages hot72chev

We're going to Regal Cinemas to see "A Christmas Story" for $5.

I know, I know, I can see it for free, all night and all day on cable....

I don't get out much, and I am easily and cheaply amused.

x12
It seemed like a good idea at the time.

mbspell

hot72chev wrote:We're going to Regal Cinemas to see "A Christmas Story" for $5.

I know, I know, I can see it for free, all night and all day on cable....

I don't get out much, and I am easily and cheaply amused.

my mum & sister love to see It's a Wonderful Life on the big screen

hot72chev

mbspell wrote:my mum & sister love to see It's a Wonderful Life on the big screen

We did that last Christmas day. The place was sold out. Hope they do it again this year.

x12

pooflady

quality posts: 29 Private Messages pooflady

We can't find No1. If anyone happens to see him, let us know.

I think my guardian angel drinks.

moles1138

quality posts: 49 Private Messages moles1138
pooflady wrote:We can't find No1. If anyone happens to see him, let us know.

Solitary?

moles1138

mbspell wrote:bumping for december

on hold to complain to UPS. twice this week they delivered my packages to my neighbor. he's my parent's age, had a knee replaced last year, and my driveway is 200 ft long. he's kinda tired of having to bring me all my packages. happened about 6 times this year. was on hold 15 min (said 20 min wait), then unhelpful lady transferred me. wait time now over 23 min. ARGH

got our tree up & lit, will decorate it tomorrow. probably put up the stockings then, too.

Got the outside decorations out of the garage and into the shed for easier access.
Will try to put some up tomorrow.

Got some inside stuff out of the cubby hole. Will finish that tomorrow. Not sure when I will get the chance to put that up.

Mail Green Crap
Dinner with family for mom's b'day
Cookie exchange on Sunday
Puddles Pity Party on Sunday
School on Monday and Wednesday.

Running out of time.

pooflady

moles1138 wrote:Solitary?

There's a possibility.

hot72chev

pooflady wrote:We can't find No1. If anyone happens to see him, let us know.

D'Name hasn't checked in for a while either.

x12

pooflady

hot72chev wrote:D'Name hasn't checked in for a while either.

But I occasionally see D'Name elsewhere.

pooflady

hot72chev wrote:D'Name hasn't checked in for a while either.

And I absolutely refuse to believe or even think that the two missing persons might be together.

hot72chev

pooflady wrote:And I absolutely refuse to believe or even think that the two missing persons might be together.

Hee hee hee....why does a picture of Bonnie & Clyde come to mind?

x12

daveinwarshington

quality posts: 98 Private Messages daveinwarshington

This thread needs a little punch.

I keep track of it occasionally.
The PWA thread is an important part of woot.
And I have no idea that PWA stands for!

no1? Hope you get out of solitaire soon. That bread & water thing really sucks. lol

Hopefully, everyone is just busy shopping & preparing for the holidays...

moles1138

Post Whores Anonymous

pooflady

moles1138 wrote:Post Whores Anonymous

Yeah, because we used to do pages and pages and pages a day. Alas....some grew up, some got bored, some just went missing.

BUT I'm still here!!!

trlenoir

quality posts: 29 Private Messages trlenoir
moles1138 wrote:Got the outside decorations out of the garage and into the shed for easier access.
Will try to put some up tomorrow.

Got some inside stuff out of the cubby hole. Will finish that tomorrow. Not sure when I will get the chance to put that up.

Mail Green Crap
Dinner with family for mom's b'day
Cookie exchange on Sunday
Puddles Pity Party on Sunday
School on Monday and Wednesday.

Running out of time.

You won’t regret Puddles. Gouda and I saw him in Gainesville and he is hilarious and VERY talented. YouTube his “friend “, Mike Geier. Try to get front row and you won’t regret it!!!!!

edlada

quality posts: 8 Private Messages edlada

I'm here but I am going to Kraków (Cracow) today and coming back Sunday night so I will be out of touch until Monday. Staying in a real nice hotel, going to the Christmas market, and an opera on Saturday night. I will report when I return.

My dogs like me, that is important.

pooflady

edlada wrote:I'm here but I am going to Kraków (Cracow) today and coming back Sunday night so I will be out of touch until Monday. Staying in a real nice hotel, going to the Christmas market, and an opera on Saturday night. I will report when I return.

Looking forward to it. Sounds like fun.

moles1138

trlenoir wrote:You won’t regret Puddles. Gouda and I saw him in Gainesville and he is hilarious and VERY talented. YouTube his “friend “, Mike Geier. Try to get front row and you won’t regret it!!!!!

We already saw him once back in March. It was fantastic. Similar show to last time. Similar gags, but a few new songs. Had seats then. Too late this time and had to stand. Couldn't see much of the screen from our vantage point. But it was still hilarious.

Yep. We've checked out Big Mike too.

pooflady

Had people for dinner last night. I know people that can do that without breaking a sweat, but I can't. Had granddaughter come over to clean (I can clean but not all in one day and she needs the money). Even with choosing dishes that I can do a lot of the day before, still the day of is a killer. And husband helps a lot. Various body parts were hurting that night so I took an ibuprofen and slept till 10. Was definitely planning on an early nap when son calls and invites us over to watch the game. So the nap was this evening. On the bright side, we have leftovers for a couple of days.

moles1138

pooflady wrote:Had people for dinner last night.

Yum

But shouldn't this be posted in "whatcha eatin? II"?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 1038 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

pooflady wrote:Had people for dinner last night. I know people that can do that without breaking a sweat, but I can't. Had granddaughter come over to clean (I can clean but not all in one day and she needs the money). Even with choosing dishes that I can do a lot of the day before, still the day of is a killer. And husband helps a lot. Various body parts were hurting that night so I took an ibuprofen and slept till 10. Was definitely planning on an early nap when son calls and invites us over to watch the game. So the nap was this evening. On the bright side, we have leftovers for a couple of days.

I don't know how you do it. I go into panic attacks even thinking about having to plan for a group of people!

** You must log in with Amazon EVERY time **
To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's UPDATED Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with expedited items

pooflady

ThunderThighs wrote:I don't know how you do it. I go into panic attacks even thinking about having to plan for a group of people!

I've been doing it for a lot of years and I keep copious notes

mbspell

pooflady wrote:I've been doing it for a lot of years and I keep copious notes

I got into a routine after a while. we used to host Christmas Eve (30+ people) and also summer parties - birthdays or graduations for a group. I don't do a lot of the cooking (take out or others did that) but we did all the cleaning and prep work as well as buying most of the supplies. it's much easier when you have a routine, but still a crapload of work.

moles1138

Our 11th annual Piercefest/Judypalooza there were about 140 people. Holy Shit. I grilled a lot of burgers.

mbspell

moles1138 wrote:Our 11th annual Piercefest/Judypalooza there were about 140 people. Holy Shit. I grilled a lot of burgers.

you guys must have that down to a science, too.

pooflady

mbspell wrote:I got into a routine after a while. we used to host Christmas Eve (30+ people) and also summer parties - birthdays or graduations for a group. I don't do a lot of the cooking (take out or others did that) but we did all the cleaning and prep work as well as buying most of the supplies. it's much easier when you have a routine, but still a crapload of work.

And for the past five or so years I've discovered I have to block out the day after to recover. Maybe a couple naps and doing nothing, because I'm wiped out.

pooflady

moles1138 wrote:Our 11th annual Piercefest/Judypalooza there were about 140 people. Holy Shit. I grilled a lot of burgers.

We used to do hamburgers for our annual Labor Day party until one year I added up all the costs for the burgers (buns, condiments, onions, et cetera) and it came out to just a couple of dollars less than if I ordered chicken from KFC. Guess what?

mbspell

pooflady wrote:We used to do hamburgers for our annual Labor Day party until one year I added up all the costs for the burgers (buns, condiments, onions, et cetera) and it came out to just a couple of dollars less than if I ordered chicken from KFC. Guess what?

hahaha
good call!

mbspell

pooflady wrote:And for the past five or so years I've discovered I have to block out the day after to recover. Maybe a couple naps and doing nothing, because I'm wiped out.

yeah, I don't plan much of anything for the next day. we get 80% cleaned up right away, and then crash. and it's usually leftovers for dinner the next day!

pooflady

mbspell wrote:yeah, I don't plan much of anything for the next day. we get 80% cleaned up right away, and then crash. and it's usually leftovers for dinner the next day!

And people who leave all or some of what they bring are greatly appreciated.

pooflady

Nap time.

pooflady

Doing Christmas cards. Not nearly as many as there used to be. At one point I was sending out around 70 cards, but the older generation has died off and a large number of the younger generation don't send cards. I don't even get one from my own kids. I'm down to about 25 cards this year.

P.S.//my secret//
I choose my Christmas cards based on whether they have adhesive envelopes.//

mbspell

pooflady wrote:Doing Christmas cards. Not nearly as many as there used to be. At one point I was sending out around 70 cards, but the older generation has died off and a large number of the younger generation don't send cards. I don't even get one from my own kids. I'm down to about 25 cards this year.

P.S.//my secret//
I choose my Christmas cards based on whether they have adhesive envelopes.//

oooh, adhesive envelopes! that sounds lovely. we do photo cards (at least while the kids are near enough/seen enough to get photos of them all) and they never have those.

daveinwarshington

quality posts: 98 Private Messages daveinwarshington

We stopped sending cards years ago.
Maybe we should surprise people & send them again.

edlada

Howdy y'all. I had a wonderful time in Krakow (or Cracow if you prefer). Beautiful city, at least the old town part. We stayed in a super nice hotel, it wasn't cheap but it was outstanding. Went to the Christmas market, saw an opera and ate a lot of good food. I'll post a couple of photos here tomorrow. If anybody wants to look on Facebook, my name there is my name here with Ed being my first name. I think I have the one and only Polish name with as many vowels as consonants. Yes, it came that way straight from Poland with my grandfather, back in 1907. My FB page is open to any and all, no need for a friend request. Unless you want to be my FB friend.

mbspell

edlada wrote:Howdy y'all. I had a wonderful time in Krakow (or Cracow if you prefer). Beautiful city, at least the old town part. We stayed in a super nice hotel, it wasn't cheap but it was outstanding. Went to the Christmas market, saw an opera and ate a lot of good food. I'll post a couple of photos here tomorrow. If anybody wants to look on Facebook, my name there is my name here with Ed being my first name. I think I have the one and only Polish name with as many vowels as consonants. Yes, it came that way straight from Poland with my grandfather, back in 1907. My FB page is open to any and all, no need for a friend request. Unless you want to be my FB friend.

I will check it out. I am 75% Polish (unless my 23 and Me tells me otherwise next month) and have always wanted to see Poland one day. thanks, and glad you had a good trip!

eta: WOW! gorgeous hotel!

pooflady

edlada wrote:Howdy y'all. I had a wonderful time in Krakow (or Cracow if you prefer). Beautiful city, at least the old town part. We stayed in a super nice hotel, it wasn't cheap but it was outstanding. Went to the Christmas market, saw an opera and ate a lot of good food. I'll post a couple of photos here tomorrow. If anybody wants to look on Facebook, my name there is my name here with Ed being my first name. I think I have the one and only Polish name with as many vowels as consonants. Yes, it came that way straight from Poland with my grandfather, back in 1907. My FB page is open to any and all, no need for a friend request. Unless you want to be my FB friend.

I'm evidently doing it wrong. (What a surprise.) I'm typing "Ed Lada" in "Search" but I don't think I'm coming up with the right one.

edlada

pooflady wrote:I'm evidently doing it wrong. (What a surprise.) I'm typing "Ed Lada" in "Search" but I don't think I'm coming up with the right one.

There is another one in Connecticut. I searched and saw myself and him. We are the only 2 that I know of. It's not a very common name, even in Poland.

edlada

mbspell wrote:I will check it out. I am 75% Polish (unless my 23 and Me tells me otherwise next month) and have always wanted to see Poland one day. thanks, and glad you had a good trip!

eta: WOW! gorgeous hotel!

You really should come to Poland. I didn't realize how Polish I grew up as a kid, until I came here. Suddenly, many things my father's family did and ate, made much more sense. The first time I came here, I immediately felt familiar and at home.

The country has its pretty parts but a lot of it is unremarkable, very flat a lot of places. The cities are often kind of ugly due to the war, the communists and a lack of money. However there is beauty to be found. The Baltic sea in the north with beautiful beaches. Pine and birch forests everywhere, mountains in the south. The Polish people in general are very friendly and very nice.

If you have any questions about anything about Poland just let me know. If I can't answer them, my many Polish friends can. If you ever make a plan to come over here, let me know and I will help you any way I can.

The hotel we stayed at was wonderful, a bit expensive (~$300.00 a night), but for what we got, it was cheaper than a similar hotel in any other big city in the world and it was worth it to spoil ourselves a little. I decided I am getting too old to stay in cheap hotels and this one was only a little more money than the standard 'big box' nice hotels that look the same in any city (Sheraton, Hilton, etc). The hotel has only 3 suites, one on each floor above the restaurant. The staff went out of their way to take good care of us. Everything was included in the price of the room, mini bar, excellent breakfast in the restaurant or in the room, etc. They even had two nice umbrellas hanging in the wardrobe closet by the entry door. The suite was about 700 sq feet and very comfortable and quiet. The building was built in the 14th century, and the restaurant has seating on the ground floor as well as in the brick and stone cellar. Very cool. The hotel had the service and charm of what people think an 'old world' European hotel should have, which is very hard to find nowadays.