mbspell

quality posts: 42 Private Messages mbspell
ThunderThighs wrote:Have you tried WTForecast? It's a bit more interesting.

We had Seattle-level fog this morning.

I enjoy seeing the WTForeast posts on facebook from friends. I had the app for a while, but I thought it got boring fast. seems like maybe they added more exciting commentary since then.

daveinwarshington

quality posts: 97 Private Messages daveinwarshington

Happy Birthday poof

May you have many more with good health & happiness.

edlada

quality posts: 8 Private Messages edlada

What??? It's Poof's birthday? Happy birthday Poof!

My dogs like me, that is important.

moles1138

quality posts: 49 Private Messages moles1138

HAPPY BIRTHDAY POOF!

hot72chev

quality posts: 28 Private Messages hot72chev

Happy Poof Day!

x12
It seemed like a good idea at the time.

mbspell

ugh. my debit card info was stolen this week. got the fraud alert last night (and my card was declined). I should be ok money wise, I think it was caught before they used it too much. looks like a couple test charges in Canada and then a shopping spree in Miami. I spoke to fraud center last night, and will be going to bank later today. sigh. so frustrating.

pooflady

quality posts: 27 Private Messages pooflady

Thank you all for the birthday wishes.

I think my guardian angel drinks.

pooflady

mbspell wrote:ugh. my debit card info was stolen this week. got the fraud alert last night (and my card was declined). I should be ok money wise, I think it was caught before they used it too much. looks like a couple test charges in Canada and then a shopping spree in Miami. I spoke to fraud center last night, and will be going to bank later today. sigh. so frustrating.

What a PITA.

edlada

moles1138 wrote:HAPPY BIRTHDAY POOF!

Woot! needs a 'Love' button!

edlada

mbspell wrote:ugh. my debit card info was stolen this week. got the fraud alert last night (and my card was declined). I should be ok money wise, I think it was caught before they used it too much. looks like a couple test charges in Canada and then a shopping spree in Miami. I spoke to fraud center last night, and will be going to bank later today. sigh. so frustrating.

Sorry to hear that, it sucks. My US bank got hacked a few years ago and my account was ripped of for the exact amount of a good sized deposit the day before, through my debit card. The bank had the money back in my account the next day. I took care of it all via phone and a faxed letter, I suffered no loss of funds.

pooflady

Good morning all. Still frigid here. 17, feels like 6. Obviously the snow we have isn't melting at all. Supposed to get a couple more inches Tuesday. I wish winter would go away.

hot72chev

pooflady wrote:Good morning all. Still frigid here. 17, feels like 6. Obviously the snow we have isn't melting at all. Supposed to get a couple more inches Tuesday. I wish winter would go away.

Morning, Poof. Your weather sounds pretty much identical to mine. 17 degrees, maybe a little snow Tuesday.

I am done with winter also. Shoo!

x12

mbspell

edlada wrote:Sorry to hear that, it sucks. My US bank got hacked a few years ago and my account was ripped of for the exact amount of a good sized deposit the day before, through my debit card. The bank had the money back in my account the next day. I took care of it all via phone and a faxed letter, I suffered no loss of funds.

looks like only one transaction went through, and it's under $60, but I was told it could be 5-10 business days before it's back in my account.

he advised me to change all my computer passwords. I was like, what? I'm pretty sure it was stolen by a skimmer or a local merchant and not online. had not used it online this week. both times I went to the bank about this the workers seemed distracted and I don't have a lot of confidence in their abilities.

hot72chev

mbspell wrote:looks like only one transaction went through, and it's under $60, but I was told it could be 5-10 business days before it's back in my account.

he advised me to change all my computer passwords. I was like, what? I'm pretty sure it was stolen by a skimmer or a local merchant and not online. had not used it online this week. both times I went to the bank about this the workers seemed distracted and I don't have a lot of confidence in their abilities.

Hmmmph...sounds like my bank.

x12

edlada

I love my bank. I started there when I was in training in San Antonio while I was in the Army in 1988. It was a bank built by and for military and former military members, they only had a couple of branches. Because military people move all over the world and have unique needs, they were great for service. Another bigger, local San Antonio bank bought them some years ago but they still have a large amount of military customers so they still give great service. Very freindly personal service, great folks. I've have never had a problem and I haven't set foot in the physical bank since 1996.

I had a second account with Bank of America (they had the contract to provide on post banking) while I was in Japan and later in Germany, but they suck. I hate the big, nationwide banks, local banks are better I think, but they are slowly disappearing.

mbspell

edlada wrote:I love my bank. I started there when I was in training in San Antonio while I was in the Army in 1988. It was a bank built by and for military and former military members, they only had a couple of branches. Because military people move all over the world and have unique needs, they were great for service. Another bigger, local San Antonio bank bought them some years ago but they still have a large amount of military customers so they still give great service. Very freindly personal service, great folks. I've have never had a problem and I haven't set foot in the physical bank since 1996.

I had a second account with Bank of America (they had the contract to provide on post banking) while I was in Japan and later in Germany, but they suck. I hate the big, nationwide banks, local banks are better I think, but they are slowly disappearing.

I agree. my 2 oldest boys have BoA accounts because they were close to their college campus. it was easy for us to go to the one near home and deposit $ if they needed it. they changed the rules this month. you cannot deposit cash into an account unless your name is on the account. doesn't matter if it's your child. checks or money orders only (and they won't sell you a money order unless you have an account there). total BS.

I much prefer local banks as well, although my local/regional bank seemed a little clueless about my stolen card number. sigh

pooflady

mbspell wrote:I agree. my 2 oldest boys have BoA accounts because they were close to their college campus. it was easy for us to go to the one near home and deposit $ if they needed it. they changed the rules this month. you cannot deposit cash into an account unless your name is on the account. doesn't matter if it's your child. checks or money orders only (and they won't sell you a money order unless you have an account there). total BS.

I much prefer local banks as well, although my local/regional bank seemed a little clueless about my stolen card number. sigh

I don't understand why you can't deposit money into an account unless your name is on the account. Anybody that would like to put money in my account is more than welcome to do so.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 1033 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

pooflady wrote:I don't understand why you can't deposit money into an account unless your name is on the account. Anybody that would like to put money in my account is more than welcome to do so.

Years ago, you could deposit into an account that didn't have your name on it. I wonder why the change?

Unless that Nigerian prince was depositing money where he shouldn't have.

** You must log in with Amazon EVERY time **
To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's UPDATED Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with expedited items

mbspell

pooflady wrote:I don't understand why you can't deposit money into an account unless your name is on the account. Anybody that would like to put money in my account is more than welcome to do so.

well, as a parent with kids over an hour away at college, it was convenient to be able to add money to their account. P uses his BoA account to pay his student loans in US dollars while he is living/working in Japan. if he was ever short of money or overdrafted it was nice for us to be able to add money to his account immediately. wire transfers to another country take time.

we do always have to provide our license.

mbspell

ThunderThighs wrote:Years ago, you could deposit into an account that didn't have your name on it. I wonder why the change?

Unless that Nigerian prince was depositing money where he shouldn't have.

I could in December, but not in January at BoA.

pooflady

Yoo-hoo, anybody home? Still cold but supposed to warm up over the weekend. Snow-be-gone then.

pooflady

/pant/pant/hyperventilating/
Just got the electric bill
/pant/pant/

hot72chev

pooflady wrote:/pant/pant/hyperventilating/
/pant/pant/

I KNOW! Mine arrived early this week.

Holy crap, is it spring yet?

x12

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 1033 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

pooflady wrote:/pant/pant/hyperventilating/
/pant/pant/

Do you do payment averaging? It's much less of a shock.

** You must log in with Amazon EVERY time **
To contact CS, use the Customer Service form in the menu at the top right corner of every page
••• ► Woot's UPDATED Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 2 hours!! - except orders with expedited items

mbspell

ThunderThighs wrote:Do you do payment averaging? It's much less of a shock.

we have budget billing for our oil. we had a big fat credit up until last month. afraid to look at this month's bills.

pooflady

ThunderThighs wrote:Do you do payment averaging? It's much less of a shock.

No, I'd rather be happy in spring and fall. It's never been anywhere near this high before. On the other hand, I'm warm.

pooflady

No1 has surfaced elsewhere but evidently hasn't found his way over here yet.

hot72chev

pooflady wrote:No1 has surfaced elsewhere but evidently hasn't found his way over here yet.

He doesn't love us anymore.

x12

mbspell

hot72chev wrote:He doesn't love us anymore.

pooflady

Watching the SAG awards in between surfing around. Have never seen most of these people, so it's good for me.

pooflady

This thread was sinking. Help.

moles1138

pooflady wrote:This thread was sinking. Help.

Saw dname post elsewhere. Thought she'd be here. Need some old blood back.

pooflady

moles1138 wrote:Saw dname post elsewhere. Thought she'd be here. Need some old blood back.

Nope. She cut her posting by about 75% and I don't see her here much at all. Some on FB.

mbspell

too tired to be clever tonight.

caught some new pokemon.

worked overtime.

husband and youngest are going to look at colleges in western ma/ny state this weekend. I am calling it father son bonding, as I don't want to spend my weekend in the car and on college tours. lol

edlada

Howdy y'all. Not much new over here. My daughter is in the final weeks of her pregnancy. If they don't come out sooner, they are scheduled for delivery on 12 February. While I am still young at heart, I do believe will enjoy being a grandfather. I can't wait to see the little sprouts when I go there in May. At an ultrasound a couple of weeks ago, they weighed about 5 pounds each with Reese being a little smaller than William. Doctor said everything is looking good. Good thing my daughter is 6' tall and has room for everything in there. The medical technology nowadays is amazing. When my twin brother and I were born, my mother had no idea she was going to have twins, until the doctor discovered my brother in there after I came out. I am not sure that my mother ever recovered from that shock.

pooflady

edlada wrote:Howdy y'all. Not much new over here. My daughter is in the final weeks of her pregnancy. If they don't come out sooner, they are scheduled for delivery on 12 February. While I am still young at heart, I do believe will enjoy being a grandfather. I can't wait to see the little sprouts when I go there in May. At an ultrasound a couple of weeks ago, they weighed about 5 pounds each with Reese being a little smaller than William. Doctor said everything is looking good. Good thing my daughter is 6' tall and has room for everything in there. The medical technology nowadays is amazing. When my twin brother and I were born, my mother had no idea she was going to have twins, until the doctor discovered my brother in there after I came out. I am not sure that my mother ever recovered from that shock.

I think you'll have fun, too. Especially after they start interacting; when you can make them grin and giggle.

mbspell

edlada wrote:Howdy y'all. Not much new over here. My daughter is in the final weeks of her pregnancy. If they don't come out sooner, they are scheduled for delivery on 12 February. While I am still young at heart, I do believe will enjoy being a grandfather. I can't wait to see the little sprouts when I go there in May. At an ultrasound a couple of weeks ago, they weighed about 5 pounds each with Reese being a little smaller than William. Doctor said everything is looking good. Good thing my daughter is 6' tall and has room for everything in there. The medical technology nowadays is amazing. When my twin brother and I were born, my mother had no idea she was going to have twins, until the doctor discovered my brother in there after I came out. I am not sure that my mother ever recovered from that shock.

ooh, I hope they're born on my birthday! (2/10)

I always thought it would be great to have twins. I had a friend who had twins... for her 6th pregnancy!

moles1138

mbspell wrote:ooh, I hope they're born on my birthday! (2/10)

I always thought it would be great to have twins. I had a friend who had twins... for her 6th pregnancy!

My buddy is a twin (one of 2 sets amongst his 12 siblings) and he hasn't seen her in years.

pooflady

moles1138 wrote:My buddy is a twin (one of 2 sets amongst his 12 siblings) and he hasn't seen her in years.

That's just weird. And sad.

edlada

As a fraternal twin myself, I have to say I wasn't to happy with the experience growing up. I talk to my brother a few times a year at best. He is my brother, I will do anything for him but that doesn't mean I have to like him a lot. My sister is 7 years older and she and I have a very close relationship. My daughters twins are a boy and a girl, I think because they are opposite sex, they have a chance of growing up and having a good relationship.

A few tips if you meet twins. I understand for some reason people are fascinated by twins. Please don't ask stupid questions, such as who is smarter, who is stronger, who is older, etc. It may sound interesting to you but we have heard that all our lives and it really doesn't matter who is what. People don's ask those questions of normal siblings. No, we don't look alike because we are fraternal twins. We are siblings like any others that just happened to share the uterus at the same time and be born a few minutes apart. That didn't impart any special powers on us. And last but not least, I hate being referred to as "one of the twins". I am me, I am an individual and I have a separate identity. So yeah, I think I would have been much happier if I wasn't a twin. Talking to other fraternal twins, I find my experience isn't unusual, many of them don't get along with their twin. Identical twins are usually very close because they are genetically almost the same.

Having said all that I can't wait to see my grandchildren and I hope they get along with each other and have a great life.

So that is the perspective of a fraternal twin.