Love the eyes GMV

spikeani

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spikeani
Re: Purrfect Day

Yep, that says it all. Our Shih-Tzu is the same way. GMV

spikeani

Re: Everyday Noodle Cat

I love Japanese style art and this works. Love the whole concept. But the eyes throw me just a little bit, Can't put my finger on it. But GMV

spikeani

Re: Jitters

GREAT JOB!! The design just works.GMV

acraigl

quality posts: 232 Private Messages acraigl
spikeani wrote:I love Japanese style art and this works. Love the whole concept. But the eyes throw me just a little bit, Can't put my finger on it. But GMV

Thanks for the vote!
I did try a few other options for the eyes, but in the end went with the original sketch concept. Mostly because it ended up looking too cute and I was leaning more towards traditional to quirky. Appreciate the feedback!

VOTE >

stevegoll68

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stevegoll68
Re: We Built This City

Excellent!

Cheatara45

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Cheatara45
tgentry wrote:Larger version for ease of reading

Thanks for that, awesome shirt!

mcobutte

quality posts: 20 Private Messages mcobutte
Re: Trying to figure out these lyrics

Ok, I will be the one to ask,what is the song?

kg07

quality posts: 14 Private Messages kg07
Re: I Only Get Up for the Cat

This one is really cute. Glad to see it back in the fog.

poopycakes

quality posts: 13 Private Messages poopycakes
Re: A Marvelous Marathon

Genius gmv

tazfreeatlast

quality posts: 21 Private Messages tazfreeatlast
Re: Procrastinate

I like the homage to Led Zeppelin on this one!
GMV!

tazfreeatlast

quality posts: 21 Private Messages tazfreeatlast
mcobutte wrote:Ok, I will be the one to ask,what is the song?

Charlie Puth - "Attention"

mcobutte

quality posts: 20 Private Messages mcobutte
tazfreeatlast wrote:Charlie Puth - "Attention"

Thank you, funny

acraigl

tazfreeatlast wrote:I like the homage to Led Zeppelin on this one!
GMV!

Agree!
"Bed-Sleepinin" would have been another way to go

VOTE >

acraigl

Re: Grocery List

It's a funny concept -- checklist designs are all the rage this derby
I'd suggest in the future to try to avoid large blocks of color. This square design will basically produce a wall of ink which can make the shirt uncomfortable to wear.

Try to integrate the design elements into the shirt a little more. And keep designing! You'll see how much you improve as you continue to participate.

VOTE >

thatquietgir1

quality posts: 14 Private Messages thatquietgir1
Re: Swing by Moonlight

Inatangle wrote:Wow! Absolutely beautiful! Makes me want to go to this park too!

spikeani wrote:it's got everything great design GMV

Thanks a lot! :D

kg07 wrote:Very nice! Not the kind of shirt that I would wear (don't judge me), but I can think of half a dozen (at least) family members and friends that would love this shirt. Love the style, design and artistry (if that is a word). +1

Haha, it's not for everyone. My designs do have a tendency to be a bit girly ;) thanks so much

kg07

Re: One more cup

I like the style, especially how the text works with the image. +1

greeneking

quality posts: 0 Private Messages greeneking

So beautifully executed that it has made me suspend my "oh no not another cat shirt" reaction and give it a vote I think you should get extra points for avoiding "meow" and "purr" puns.

acraigl

greeneking wrote:So beautifully executed that it has made me suspend my "oh no not another cat shirt" reaction and give it a vote I think you should get extra points for avoiding "meow" and "purr" puns.

What a nice comment, thank you! I rarely do cats... in fact, only one of my shirts features a cat, and only one other has one in it.

I was actually more concerned around using the yellow blank. I've never used it before and was concerned it would be less popular. So needless to say, I'm appreciative of the support this has gotten thus far.

VOTE >

acraigl

Re: Sailor routine

Very cool!

VOTE >

spikeani

tazfreeatlast wrote:Charlie Puth - "Attention"

Thanks

kg07

acraigl wrote:What a nice comment, thank you! I rarely do cats... in fact, only one of my shirts features a cat, and only one other has one in it.

I was actually more concerned around using the yellow blank. I've never used it before and was concerned it would be less popular. So needless to say, I'm appreciative of the support this has gotten thus far.

I share your sentiment around the yellow blank (although I think it is a great choice for this design). I submitted my Brother Maynard's Fireworks on a yellow shirt last summer (I think it was the proper choice), but woot offered an alternative on Navy which outsold the original design 2-1. Wish they would bring back some sort of cream or off-white/tan blank. Can't sell worse than yellow and would be way better for lots of designs.

kg07

Wammie wrote:Darn, I thought you could "edit" after it was submitted. It's a little too small to read the wording and I was going to switch the shirt with the thumbnail . Here's the readable thumbnail. - Sorry. Still getting the hang of this - lol.

Funny idea and design. I agree with acraigl on his advice about integrating the shirt color more so you do not end up with the giant square of ink. Never thought about it from the wearability standpoint (although probably true), but more from the design flowing on the shirt. I do not know why checklists are suddenly the rage in this derby, but I think the what did you do today theme naturally lends itself to these submissions.

kg07

Re: Victorian Starfox

To be honest, this looks kind of cool, but the design is too small to really see what is going on.

KadyBS

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KadyBS
acraigl wrote:Very cool!

Thank you
I'm glad you like it

flemtone

quality posts: 17 Private Messages flemtone
Re: I Listened To Music and Danced Without Pants

As a bassist, I heartily approve of this shirt.

flemtone

Re: Grocery List

It's like you know me.

jupilberry

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jupilberry
Re: I Listened To Music and Danced Without Pants

flemtone wrote:As a bassist, I heartily approve of this shirt.

That could be risky.

KadyBS

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KadyBS
Re: Sailor routine

Some of us has different things to do from a normal day

bullred2101

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bullred2101
Inatangle wrote:I don't fit this shirt very well... but hey! I can wear it to fake people out and look impressive! gmv

Thanks.. My first submission!

kg07

Re: We Built This City

Funny! GMV

Wammie

quality posts: 29 Private Messages Wammie
acraigl wrote:It's a funny concept -- checklist designs are all the rage this derby
I'd suggest in the future to try to avoid large blocks of color. This square design will basically produce a wall of ink which can make the shirt uncomfortable to wear.

Try to integrate the design elements into the shirt a little more. And keep designing! You'll see how much you improve as you continue to participate.

Thanks for the suggestion acraigl . I was originally going to do it that way but then thought I'd make it look like it was on a piece of paper like my normal shopping list which tends to not like car rides and opts to stay home a few times a month - lol. I am having fun learning the ropes so critiques are happily accepted.

Sometimes a Bag-of-Crap is just a bag-of-CRAP.

x19

Wammie

quality posts: 29 Private Messages Wammie
flemtone wrote:It's like you know me.

I think our shopping lists might be texting each other the night before shopping day – lol .
-->Is today the day?
-->Yeah, I’m going to go hide under the mail stack what about you?
-->I’m going to hide under the table.

Sometimes a Bag-of-Crap is just a bag-of-CRAP.

x19

yazmoq

quality posts: 19 Private Messages yazmoq
Narfcake wrote:Personal experience?

(There's a reason why I only stick with catshirts instead of real cats.)

Thanks Narfmate. Nah, when the weather starts getting cold, my cat sleeps on my lap. She just hops up when I'm working, n purrs a while. You may not believe this, but purring actually helps reduce stress levels, well for me at least. Sometimes, when I'm working on multiple things at a time, I get up n look for my Destresifier.

simic

quality posts: 24 Private Messages simic
acraigl wrote:Agree!
"Bed-Sleepinin" would have been another way to go

Nice! I like that one

flemtone

Wammie wrote:I think our shopping lists might be texting each other the night before shopping day – lol .
-->Is today the day?
-->Yeah, I’m going to go hide under the mail stack what about you?
-->I’m going to hide under the table.

For some odd reason, mine winds up under the cat. She never seems to hide the electric bill, though.

Hmmmm... *ponders*

noorak9k

quality posts: 0 Private Messages noorak9k
Wammie wrote:Thanks for the suggestion acraigl . I was originally going to do it that way but then thought I'd make it look like it was on a piece of paper like my normal shopping list which tends to not like car rides and opts to stay home a few times a month - lol. I am having fun learning the ropes so critiques are happily accepted.

You could do the outline and lines of a sheet of paper with a lighter colored shirt.

poopycakes

quality posts: 13 Private Messages poopycakes
kg07 wrote:If this doesn't win, I will seriously question the woot voters (no offense to the other derby entries, many of which are very excellent and I hope print, but come on...)

agreed, this is spectacular

cwolfpack3

quality posts: 49 Private Messages cwolfpack3

ACL,

I'm not a cat or ramen fan, but love this design. Definitely hits all the right elements for a Japanese "feel" and the composition is great. Your use of a wood cut style makes me think of those asian character name stamps/seals.

The jade one I bought in Beijing in May of 1989 is a much-treasured piece.

Badgeless by choice. I'm freee! Freeee!!