Back to Amazon.com

Inatangle

quality posts: 150 Private Messages Inatangle
Narfcake wrote:
(I know I don't say it enough, but I absolutely appreciate seeing all your comments, Inatangle.)

Thanks Narf. It's great to be back... and I hope I can stay back! I was tied up for awhile with some health issues and a project that I started up on another website. Never did quit voting though.

acraigl

quality posts: 232 Private Messages acraigl
Re: A Holiday Truce

Wabbit.

VOTE >

flemtone

quality posts: 17 Private Messages flemtone
acraigl wrote:Wabbit.

Elmer.

acraigl

Re: Thanksgiving Bird

Thanks for all the comments on this... glad folks think it was as funny as I did.

VOTE >

cubbiecatz

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cubbiecatz
Re: Bunkin Pie

Poor little bunnies. Cute shirt!

cubbiecatz

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cubbiecatz
Re: Zombie Black Friday

LOL, love it

epearse

quality posts: 0 Private Messages epearse
Re: apple pi is better

This shirt is awesome - how can I buy one? Sorry, I'm new to woot and I don't see any links to purchase ... is this just a popularity contest for a shirt I cannot own? Are we being taunted?

acraigl

epearse wrote:This shirt is awesome - how can I buy one? Sorry, I'm new to woot and I don't see any links to purchase ... is this just a popularity contest for a shirt I cannot own? Are we being taunted?

Hi there.
You've stumbled onto the derby. This is a weekly contest that determines, by user votes, the featured shirts (for purchase) for this Friday, Saturday and Sunday. These are only *potential* shirts at the moment.

The top three vote-getters, plus some editor's selections (appearing next Monday) will print. Your vote will help decide, so please vote!

This cycle repeats weekly with all new topics each week. Hope that helps! If you have other questions, just post.

VOTE >

mcobutte

quality posts: 20 Private Messages mcobutte

Maybe inappropriate,or rude, but I feel that if were woren to school, you would be forced to wear it inside out.

Narfcake

quality posts: 396 Private Messages Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

mcobutte wrote:Maybe inappropriate,or rude, but I feel that if were woren to school, you would be forced to wear it inside out.

A good number of shirts here are already considered inappropriate for school. Knives, weapons, flame throwers, drug references, etc.

No.1 rule of online apparel purchases: SIZING CHARTS! Unsure about classic and fitted options at shirt.woot? Comments on the new pricing? Read more about that here.

Do you like (or dislike) what you see at shirt.woot? Choose what prints at shirt.woot! Vote in the derby!
- Note: I am not staff. If you need help with your purchases, contact Support.

acraigl

Narfcake wrote:A good number of shirts here are already considered inappropriate for school. Knives, weapons, flame throwers, drug references, etc.

https://shirt.woot.com/offers/funicorn

VOTE >

caityjean

quality posts: 2 Private Messages caityjean
orabbit wrote:I really like this one! I don't think I've ever seen a Pilgrim shirt design before.

Thank you! I thought it was something kind of different and fun.

Vote! ā†’
View My Catalog!

shellysemrad

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shellysemrad
Re: Thanks Dabbing

Iā€™d actually want at least two!!

caityjean

quality posts: 2 Private Messages caityjean
benjaminleebates wrote:OK, I'll ask. What is this dabbing thing and why? What happened recently to make it flair up? It's not new. Is it in reference to pot?
Just asking, for reals. I googled it and got mixed results.

I read the Wikipedia page on it because I didn't know either. lol

Vote! ā†’
View My Catalog!

flemtone

quality posts: 17 Private Messages flemtone
Re: Camp Plymouth: You'll Be Thankful You Came!

I quite enjoy this shirt! Everything about it just works. Got my vote for sure.

acraigl

Re: My Kind Of Pie!

Shouldn't this be "Whipped" cream?

VOTE >

marceepauff

quality posts: 24 Private Messages marceepauff
Re: Sportsgiving

Super cute but way overdone; just quick google or amazon search brings 'em all up:
example 1
example 2
example 3
example 4
example 5

benjaminleebates

quality posts: 19 Private Messages benjaminleebates
caityjean wrote:I read the Wikipedia page on it because I didn't know either. lol

i didn't find the wiki page very helpful...meh

You can find my shirts for sale HERE or THERE!

benjaminleebates

acraigl wrote:
https://shirt.woot.com/offers/funicorn

one of my personal favs

mcobutte

quality posts: 20 Private Messages mcobutte
marceepauff wrote:Super cute but way overdone; just quick google or amazon search brings 'em all up:
example 1
example 2
example 3
example 4
example 5

From the examples,very similar,if printed amazon will still get their cut,but I think DQ soon

geekfactor12

quality posts: 11 Private Messages geekfactor12
marceepauff wrote:Super cute but way overdone; just quick google or amazon search brings 'em all up:
example 1
example 2
example 3
example 4
example 5

I made this design because I wanted to use visual humor and a minimal style to create a connection between two objects with similar shapes (the turkey's feathers and footballs). Since the concept is a visual pun, I am not surprised that other people have played with similar things in the past- it's kind of like differently worded and styled designs using the same pun as part of their language.

I feel my design stands apart from the linked examples because my style is so different, emphasizing clean lines, subtle color shifts, and geometry.

It's Woot's call to make though

acraigl

geekfactor12 wrote:I made this design because I wanted to use visual humor and a minimal style to create a connection between two objects with similar shapes (the turkey's feathers and footballs). Since the concept is a visual pun, I am not surprised that other people have played with similar things in the past- it's kind of like differently worded and styled designs using the same pun as part of their language.

I feel my design stands apart from the linked examples because my style is so different, emphasizing clean lines, subtle color shifts, and geometry.

I hear ya, but there's designs out there are so conceptionally similar... others (including myself) have be rejected in the past for a lot less in common with similar shirts.

Agree it's woot's call though. Time will tell. Good luck!

VOTE >

omarfeliciano

quality posts: 48 Private Messages omarfeliciano

I think this is brilliant!

omarfeliciano

Re: A New Hop

I love the design, then I read the title
*Mind blown!!! Awesome design. Always a fan!

omarfeliciano

omarfeliciano

Re: It's All Gravy

I used to work for a paints & coatings company... this is hilarious!

omarfeliciano

Re: GRAVY!

Gravy on gravy, please!

Or deep fried gravy... Oh My Failing Grades!

omarfeliciano

Re: Turkey Hunt

Hahaha!!!

omarfeliciano

Re: A Forest Friendsgiving

I'm such a Jasneko fan. Awesome style as always!

Inatangle

quality posts: 150 Private Messages Inatangle
Re: Sportsgiving

geekfactor12 wrote:I made this design because I wanted to use visual humor and a minimal style to create a connection between two objects with similar shapes (the turkey's feathers and footballs). Since the concept is a visual pun, I am not surprised that other people have played with similar things in the past- it's kind of like differently worded and styled designs using the same pun as part of their language.

Your design does stand apart from those others... it's the best one by far. I hope you aren't DQed... you did an excellent job with this concept.

(That's the problem with designing and putting it on line... so many times it seems like everybody & his brother had the same idea as you.)

acraigl

Inatangle wrote:Your design does stand apart from those others... it's the best one by far. I hope you aren't DQed... you did an excellent job with this concept.

(That's the problem with designing and putting it on line... so many times it seems like everybody & his brother had the same idea as you.)

Inatangle, your positive feedback is always appreciated, but you should understand that other artists have gotten rejected for SSE (similar shirts exist), regardless of how good the execution is. I'll point out a personal example:

I subbed this one for the springtime derby. I did a search (admittedly only on woot), and found nothing similar. Thought I had a winner on my hands.

https://shirt.woot.com/derby/entry/100025/spring-cleaning-never-ends

Turns out another woot artist had thought of it before, years before, entered it in a derby and it never printed. The artist has since put it on his personal site.

https://shirt.woot.com/derby/entry/56640/repetitive-task

But it was enough to have mine rejected, despite very different styles and no other similar items as far as I could tell.

I would personally find it unfair, but life isn't fair, and I certainly don't want an artists' efforts going to waste -- I would however, appreciate consistency from woot when it comes to these decisions.

And geekfactor12, no ill-will, I appreciate your designs and creativity, but making a point here. Hope that's ok.

VOTE >

geekfactor12

quality posts: 11 Private Messages geekfactor12
acraigl wrote:And geekfactor12, no ill-will, I appreciate your designs and creativity, but making a point here. Hope that's ok.

No worries, I'm not taking it personally

My perception is that Woot rarely (if ever) rejects designs for making similar jokes to clipart and low-effort Cafepress-style stuff.

I think they've been harsher about designs that seem similar to things in Shirt.Woot's own history because they're trying to protect artists who participate in these contests. Unfortunately, their efforts to prevent older entries being copied have also hurt newer artists at times, sometimes unfairly. I think that's probably part of the reason we see fewer rejections in general these days.

benjaminleebates

geekfactor12 wrote:No worries, I'm not taking it personally

My perception is that Woot rarely (if ever) rejects designs for making similar jokes to clipart and low-effort Cafepress-style stuff.

I think they've been harsher about designs that seem similar to things in Shirt.Woot's own history because they're trying to protect artists who participate in these contests. Unfortunately, their efforts to prevent older entries being copied have also hurt newer artists at times, sometimes unfairly. I think that's probably part of the reason we see fewer rejections in general these days.

They are not harsh enough. Google your idea first. Period. This is prime example of allowing something to stay in the derby giving the artist a false sense of acceptability of design. Unless they are actually considering printing it, which is rather unfair. I've seen far less get rejected.

They were once draconic with the rejection hammer. Even entry that only got 3 votes would get rejected. Off-topic, SSE, Um-No; were the common rally cry. Lately (it seems) they only reject if they cannot print the design but the votes are teetering on a win.

Narfcake

quality posts: 396 Private Messages Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

(Stepping outside of the discussion of this design now, so no, this isn't about you, MJ.)

benjaminleebates wrote:... They were once draconic with the rejection hammer. Even entry that only got 3 votes would get rejected. Off-topic, SSE, Um-No; were the common rally cry. Lately (it seems) they only reject if they cannot print the design but the votes are teetering on a win.

Yeah. No doubt it looked "strict", but I feel it made folks more cognizant of rules, copyrights, and potential infringements.

I will note the old rejectionator was never all that timely when it came to designs with excessive colors, as this took 5+ days to reject.

No.1 rule of online apparel purchases: SIZING CHARTS! Unsure about classic and fitted options at shirt.woot? Comments on the new pricing? Read more about that here.

Do you like (or dislike) what you see at shirt.woot? Choose what prints at shirt.woot! Vote in the derby!
- Note: I am not staff. If you need help with your purchases, contact Support.

gstah

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gstah
Re: Camp Plymouth: You'll Be Thankful You Came!

Great concept and I love the logo you've designed. It's a shame woot.com couldn't pull it together and be available back in 1621, all the pilgrims would've ordered one.

kg07

quality posts: 14 Private Messages kg07
Re: Eat More and Prosper

One I did a couple of weeks ago and it has been lost in limbo. A day (or six) too late and a dollar short, but figured there won't be another thanksgiving derby for a while and might as well try to get a few votes.

acraigl

kg07 wrote:One I did a couple of weeks ago and it has been lost in limbo. A day (or six) too late and a dollar short, but figured there won't be another thanksgiving derby for a while and might as well try to get a few votes.

If we overlay ours we can make a full hand.

VOTE >

transformingegg

quality posts: 9 Private Messages transformingegg
acraigl wrote:If we overlay ours we can make a full hand.

Yes but Inigo Montoya would be looking for you.

acraigl

transformingegg wrote:Yes but Inigo Montoya would be looking for you.

We just need a turkey with 6 legs. Mmmmm.

VOTE >

benjaminleebates

acraigl wrote:We just need a turkey with 6 legs. Mmmmm.

i was thinking uncle ford