simic


quality posts: 21 Private Messages simic
poopycakes wrote:This should be the official shirt for the Americans tv show gmv



I just started catching up on that show after I made the shirt.

walmazan


quality posts: 72 Private Messages walmazan
taywoo wrote:This is my favorite for the week! Will the new update actually be the one printed?



I hope so! its the file I'm sending

simic


quality posts: 21 Private Messages simic
Re: Pulp Fiction



I totally missed this one! +1!

chachachino


quality posts: 1 Private Messages chachachino
Re: band of spies



This is a nice looking design but I had to look up "internet privacy red onion" to find out what it meant. And now it makes sense.

triagus


quality posts: 0 Private Messages triagus

[quote]Re: Pulp Fiction
cool

triagus


quality posts: 0 Private Messages triagus

[quote]Re: Undercover


so cute

kharmazero


quality posts: 6 Private Messages kharmazero
Inatangle wrote:I love the colors on this! I don't quite get it... maybe I'm missing something...?

One conclusion that I'm going to draw from this is that you must be looking forward to a delicious Thanksgiving dinner.



thanks,i see now that i made it very complicated, it's about privacy online.You've got facebook,chrome, explorer and their cookies passing along an unhappy tor onion(anonymous browser).

kharmazero


quality posts: 6 Private Messages kharmazero
chachachino wrote:This is a nice looking design but I had to look up "internet privacy red onion" to find out what it meant. And now it makes sense.


thanks for searching to understand.This design is really too complicate;((

kharmazero


quality posts: 6 Private Messages kharmazero
Inatangle wrote:lol! Love this! But I hope this spy has a secret weapon or two... to defend himself against forks!


thank you.Yes it has a secret weapon, but can't tell you what it is,otherwise it won't be a secret weapon anymore...

krittikae


quality posts: 29 Private Messages krittikae
Inatangle wrote:Oooh... This job is for me! Tell you what, krittikae... If you can launch this undercover spy agency, I'll work for you and be your top employee!



Sounds like the office needs a set of bunkbeds then... top employee and all. HA!

simic


quality posts: 21 Private Messages simic
Re: Undercover Letter



Great job! This is really awesome.

JennyRex


quality posts: 0 Private Messages JennyRex
Re: Stripy Spy!



Thanks for all the kind comments and feedback friends~ c:

breadcrumbtrail


quality posts: 0 Private Messages breadcrumbtrail
mcobutte wrote:Interesting details but, is that an agent of CAT sneaking into the derby?



The more interesting question is what the cat is chasing and what rabbit holes that opens...

caityjean


quality posts: 2 Private Messages caityjean
Re: fake moon



Cute little satellite - reminds me of the WALL-E world of characters. I don't understand the reference though.

caityjean


quality posts: 2 Private Messages caityjean
Re: Brilliant Disguise



Neat drawing - is this in reference to The Matrix? It looks like a blue pill but I'm not sure.

caityjean


quality posts: 2 Private Messages caityjean
Re: The Bullet The Ultimate Spy Pen



I like your highlights and shading!

caityjean


quality posts: 2 Private Messages caityjean
Re: Viking Rune Cipher



Oooo, does it say anything or is that on a need-to-know basis?

caityjean


quality posts: 2 Private Messages caityjean
Re: Can't See Me



Hiding under a Woot box? That'd probably get you through the Woot warehouse pretty well until you got scooped up by a forklift.

caityjean


quality posts: 2 Private Messages caityjean
Re: International Mammoth of Mystery (fixed)



I would like to see the throw down between this guy and Caveman Oddjob!

Furhoo


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Furhoo
Re: undercover cluck



You really do want a Furry Level 10 of 10 shirt, don't you, Apelad.

http://i.imgur.com/U6Ai3cY.png

chachachino


quality posts: 1 Private Messages chachachino
simic wrote:Spyclops



Ha! Well played.

taipan


quality posts: 0 Private Messages taipan
caityjean wrote:Oooo, does it say anything or is that on a need-to-know basis?


It's more of a decoder ring, used to encode and decipher rune-based messages...

My design is based on this one

mellowknees


quality posts: 4 Private Messages mellowknees

Love this; I hope Steve Buscemi buys one!


Re: undercover cluck



poopycakes


quality posts: 9 Private Messages poopycakes
Re: The Introvert Theme



wow this is awesome! gmv

acraigl


quality posts: 220 Private Messages acraigl
Re: Stripy Spy!



I swear this could be a walmazan (and that's a compliment to the both of you). +1

acraigl


quality posts: 220 Private Messages acraigl
taipan wrote:It's more of a decoder ring, used to encode and decipher rune-based messages...

My design is based on this one



Based on? Seems like you just copied it. Or am I missing something?

Narfcake


quality posts: 393 Private Messages Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

Re: Spy Cat


Just a FYI, no cats this week.

No.1 rule of online apparel purchases: SIZING CHARTS! Unsure about classic and fitted options at shirt.woot? Comments on the new pricing? Read more about that here.

Do you like (or dislike) what you see at shirt.woot? Choose what prints at shirt.woot! Vote in the derby!
- Note: I am not staff. If you need help with your purchases, contact Support.
 

Wheels03


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Wheels03
simic wrote:Great job! This is really awesome.


Thanks!

KadyBS


quality posts: 0 Private Messages KadyBS
caityjean wrote:Cute little satellite - reminds me of the WALL-E world of characters. I don't understand the reference though.




thank you for the comment,
It seem that I went too far in this design...
what I want to refer to is that the fact that Moon is natural satellites for Earth makes the artificial satellites look like undercover

kg07


quality posts: 12 Private Messages kg07
acraigl wrote:Krampus FTW! +1



Thanks acraigl! A bit creepy, but fun to draw.





kg07


quality posts: 12 Private Messages kg07
Inatangle wrote:Oh wow... A shirt that you can sing! Sing and run for your paranoid life maybe... gmv



Thanks inatangle! Great to have you back in the derbies!





caityjean


quality posts: 2 Private Messages caityjean
KadyBS wrote:thank you for the comment,
It seem that I went too far in this design...
what I want to refer to is that the fact that Moon is natural satellites for Earth makes the artificial satellites look like undercover



I wondered if that was the meaning. I like to comment on my own designs giving a mini "elevator pitch" about them. That way people know what my design is and why I did what I did.

sketchyTK


quality posts: 0 Private Messages sketchyTK

Very nice! Mr B would be proud.

Re: undercover cluck



simic


quality posts: 21 Private Messages simic
Narfcake wrote:Just a FYI, no cats this week.



I made a cat shirt AND THEN looked at the rules.

KadyBS


quality posts: 0 Private Messages KadyBS
caityjean wrote:I wondered if that was the meaning. I like to comment on my own designs giving a mini "elevator pitch" about them. That way people know what my design is and why I did what I did.



well, good idea
I should have done that from the beginning

KadyBS


quality posts: 0 Private Messages KadyBS
Re: YOU



you are being watched

acraigl


quality posts: 220 Private Messages acraigl
KadyBS wrote:well, good idea
I should have done that from the beginning



It shouldn't need a explanation, though, right? It's not like the wearer is handing out cards or something to everyone that looks at it.

yazmoq


quality posts: 19 Private Messages yazmoq
Inatangle wrote:LOL! Watch out, carrots! Run for your lives!



Ruuun

caityjean


quality posts: 2 Private Messages caityjean
acraigl wrote:It shouldn't need a explanation, though, right? It's not like the wearer is handing out cards or something to everyone that looks at it.



Thats true but you'd never send out creative work to a client and say nothing about it. This should be no different. If nothing else knowing you need to be able to justify it keeps you focused on creating something with clear meaning rather than something too abstract and off-theme. Maybe not something all designers need but I feel its a valid suggestion.

Inatangle


quality posts: 149 Private Messages Inatangle
caityjean wrote:Thats true but you'd never send out creative work to a client and say nothing about it. This should be no different. If nothing else knowing you need to be able to justify it keeps you focused on creating something with clear meaning rather than something too abstract and off-theme. Maybe not something all designers need but I feel its a valid suggestion.



I agree with you.

I really appreciate "elevator pitches" for a couple of reasons. One is that often I don't understand a reference simply because I'm not familiar with it. The other is that I appreciate knowing a bit about what the designer was thinking when they created their design.

I'm much more likely to comment on a design with an "intro". Most of the time, I look through this Derby thread first, to see which designs have explanations. Then, if I have time, I look for designs on the Derby page and comment on some of them.