Back to Amazon.com

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 61 Private Messages fishbiscuit5
Re: Banned

In case you haven't heard, the Trump administration has banned these 7 words from the CDC to use in their reporting because 2017 isn't done with us yet. Here's the article.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/health-science/cdc-gets-list-of-forbidden-words-fetus-transgender-diversity/2017/12/15/f503837a-e1cf-11e7-89e8-edec16379010_story.html

Mavyn

quality posts: 24 Private Messages Mavyn

My first vote in over 2 years.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

fishbiscuit5

Mavyn wrote:My first vote in over 2 years.

I'm honored, Mavyn. Good to see you.

acraigl

quality posts: 231 Private Messages acraigl
Re: Make My Day

The comp and thumbnail need to be the same color -- right now we don't know if it is supposed to be on a gray or white blank. Designs can be DQ'd for this, so resub!

VOTE! >

parrotworks

quality posts: 17 Private Messages parrotworks

So is arguing against the establishment or -- fishbiscuiting.

LOL

acraigl

Re: Hollywood Hang

Sorry, not sorry.

VOTE! >

simic

quality posts: 24 Private Messages simic
acraigl wrote:Sorry, not sorry.

Haha!

mylionmaker

quality posts: 3 Private Messages mylionmaker
Inatangle wrote:I find this to be an amazingly accurate summary of my year... especially the panel that depicts a white rabbit lost in a snowstorm! gmv

Sorry, it's a fail on the white block. What is that?

Inatangle

quality posts: 150 Private Messages Inatangle
Re: Emotional Summary

mylionmaker wrote:Sorry, it's a fail on the white block. What is that?

The point the shirt designer is trying to make in this emotional summary of the year, is that there was no happiness at all--- only frustration, anger, and sadness.

I looked at the white blank panel, and made a joke about it being a white rabbit lost in a snowstorm. There is nothing to see in that last panel--- unless you read something into it, like I did.

(There have definitely been times this year when I have felt lost--- and bewildered--- by many things. It certainly has been a crazy year!)

Inatangle

Re: Year of the force

I saw "Star Wars - the last Jedi" on opening day. It was a fantastic movie, imo. There were quite a few of these cute little guys in it! I'd love to own a tee shirt with one of these on it! gmv

(I'll try to send you a PM sometime soon, spikeani. Hope you're doing well.)

KadyBS

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KadyBS
Re: spacecat

Cats took the half of space this year and every year I think

thatrobert

quality posts: 50 Private Messages thatrobert
mylionmaker wrote:Sorry, it's a fail on the white block. What is that?

Yeah, my wife was confused too. Do you think it would work better with just the gray showing through?

kg07

quality posts: 14 Private Messages kg07
Re: You're Fired

A little late to the party, but could not resist.

acraigl

Re: You're Fired

Subtle. +1

VOTE! >

spikeani

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spikeani
Re: End the year with Happy

Met Happy from the SYFY channels new show Happy. Warning not for the faint of heart. but a very wacky show.

spikeani

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spikeani
Inatangle wrote:I saw "Star Wars - the last Jedi" on opening day. It was a fantastic movie, imo. There were quite a few of these cute little guys in it! I'd love to own a tee shirt with one of these on it! gmv

(I'll try to send you a PM sometime soon, spikeani. Hope you're doing well.)

Normally I would go to the movies. But since we got a 3D tv. I wait for the video release. Can't wait.

poopycakes

quality posts: 13 Private Messages poopycakes
Re: Better to Remain Silent

So good! It could also be entered into the new years resolutions derby next week! 😊

gwbids

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gwbids
Re: Spinner Eclipse

I like this one because, face it, with all the goings on this year, I expected more clever year-end shirts (myself included). This one sums up the year pretty well, as it captures quite nicely the only two things that were universally important to the human race this year. Nice job!

gwbids

thatrobert wrote:Yeah, my wife was confused too. Do you think it would work better with just the gray showing through?

Yes, I think that might have made the point... or perhaps just a cricket chirp against the gray.

gwbids

I love it BUT... The way you wrote it, it looks like CDC banned the words, not that the CDC was banned from using the words.

reverseemf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages reverseemf
krittikae wrote:We're a big community here. We were all new once, and we like to help each other out. That being said, welcome! Keep trying designs, and you'll find your groove.

Cooler than "cool"!!

Bohsky

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Bohsky
gwbids wrote:I like this one because, face it, with all the goings on this year, I expected more clever year-end shirts (myself included). This one sums up the year pretty well, as it captures quite nicely the only two things that were universally important to the human race this year. Nice job!

Thank you for your kind words!)

Bohsky

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Bohsky
Inatangle wrote:lol! I never did get one of these things, but I have to admit that I tried out everybody elses!

Nicely designed, and it brings back great memories of "eclipse day" for me.

How nice of you) Thank you!

fishbiscuit5

gwbids wrote:I love it BUT... The way you wrote it, it looks like CDC banned the words, not that the CDC was banned from using the words.

I suppose you could read it that way. I was using "banned" as an adjective. Makes sense in my head!

SeedUvPain

quality posts: 11 Private Messages SeedUvPain
Re: (r)U(s)S(i)A

If you want the year in review, one need only read between the lines

mcobutte

quality posts: 20 Private Messages mcobutte
Re: highlights of 2017

Ingenious

Narfcake

quality posts: 395 Private Messages Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

Re: highlights of 2017

... "don't include the year "2017" in your design" ...

No.1 rule of online apparel purchases: SIZING CHARTS! Unsure about classic and fitted options at shirt.woot? Comments on the new pricing? Read more about that here.

Do you like (or dislike) what you see at shirt.woot? Choose what prints at shirt.woot! Vote in the derby!
- Note: I am not staff. If you need help with your purchases, contact Support.

caityjean

quality posts: 2 Private Messages caityjean
poopycakes wrote:So good! It could also be entered into the new years resolutions derby next week! 😊

Thank you! You know, I think this is solid advice for any time of the year.

Vote! → Buy! →
View My Catalog!

vomaria

quality posts: 2 Private Messages vomaria
Re: One Star Year in Review

5 stars for this AWESOME idea!

parrotworks

quality posts: 17 Private Messages parrotworks
Narfcake wrote:... "don't include the year "2017" in your design" ...

Creatives don't read well . I'll resub to save face.

Jennzilla

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Jennzilla
Inatangle wrote:LOL! Yep, there have been a lot of days this year when I feel like this...

Sadly yes. However, at least we can blissfully talk to ourselves and drool now.

marceepauff

quality posts: 24 Private Messages marceepauff

I love so many of these designs! Good job, all!

But, also, how depressing.

*sad trombone*

ochopika

quality posts: 33 Private Messages ochopika
Mavyn wrote:My first vote in over 2 years.

Very nice to see you again!

benwyeth

quality posts: 0 Private Messages benwyeth

Staff

Ugh. The rejectionator rejected the wrong entry, but our system doesn't have an "undo" button. Sorry, @parrotworks. No need to resubmit unless you want to. We'll just use this one as a proxy for the one you fixed. We all know you edited the design to follow the rules. Thanks!

BEN WYETH
Art Director - Shirt.Woot

Inatangle

Re: highlights of the year

benwyeth wrote:Ugh. The rejectionator rejected the wrong entry, but our system doesn't have an "undo" button. Sorry, @parrotworks. No need to resubmit unless you want to. We'll just use this one as a proxy for the one you fixed. We all know you edited the design to follow the rules. Thanks!

Parrotworks, I pasted in this quote here, but it's actually on your other green kitty design. I am a firm believer in cross dressing... ummm... I mean, cross referencing... :P :D

btw, I put a vote on your design.

tinatot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tinatot
Re: Mr. Bitcoinbags

Wow I have to have this!!!!!! How awesome!!!!!!

kevlar51

quality posts: 54 Private Messages kevlar51
Re: Fake News

Thanks very much for all the kind words on this!

gwbids

Re: Saving This Year's Memories

Wow. I suspected this shirt might get rejected... but not for the reason it was. It was rejected for use of Copyrighted names, which since I used only text and no trademark images or references to specific movies, books or other properties, is pretty thin at best.

No, I thought it might be rejected for referencing all the Woot Shirt derby entry subjects of the year rather than events of the year.

I guess Woot didn't want a Christmas mailbag full of cease-and-desist letters regardless of their legal validity. I definitely get that; no one needs legal headaches; or even to be pestered.

Anyway, thanks to all who "wanted one."

acraigl

Re: Tenionaire

This one petered out early, but thanks to those that voted. I was hoping (as we all do) it would fare a little better than it did -- I don't do this kind of typography very often, but I though it turned out pretty well, as least as this genre is concerned.

Curious if folks have feedback, or maybe noticing something about it I didn't (or if it just doesn't have the "it" factor for this derby).

VOTE! >

caityjean

quality posts: 2 Private Messages caityjean
acraigl wrote:This one petered out early, but thanks to those that voted. I was hoping (as we all do) it would fare a little better than it did -- I don't do this kind of typography very often, but I though it turned out pretty well, as least as this genre is concerned.

Curious if folks have feedback, or maybe noticing something about it I didn't (or if it just doesn't have the "it" factor for this derby).

I really liked your design but the one thing that I can't unsee is the arrow says "Went Right" but is pointing left. Was that the irony of something not going right? Otherwise I really like the diversity in your type and the way it all fits together. It might unify the design further if it had a single texture applied throughout but its still really nice as is. This one immediately popped out to me when I saw it.

Vote! → Buy! →
View My Catalog!