Back to Amazon.com

Bohsky

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Bohsky
MrBignell wrote:Ooo, I like this series. Do you have a hockey one in the works?

Thanks! I'm glad you like it). Actually the idea was about representing sports with "ball" in the name and in the game. So sadly hockey would not fit the idea.

Bohsky

acraigl wrote:All of these are really good. Nice work!

How nice of you! Thanks!

acraigl

quality posts: 234 Private Messages acraigl
Bohsky wrote:Thanks! I'm glad you like it). Actually the idea was about representing sports with "ball" in the name and in the game. So sadly hockey would not fit the idea.

Yeah. Puck it.

VOTE >

Bohsky

acraigl wrote:Yeah. Puck it.

You made my day :‑D

amanoxford

quality posts: 0 Private Messages amanoxford
Re: FOOTBALL DNA

Really nicely done, +1

tincupdog

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tincupdog
Re: Make every practice a brick

I made this design for more bonafide Sports Fans, deliberately avoiding the jokey/silly territory...

MrBignell

quality posts: 21 Private Messages MrBignell
Re: Football Robo Player

There should be more robots in sports! +1

MrBignell

Re: It's Official

Heh, is that the finger you point when blaming him? +1

Bohsky

MrBignell wrote:So close to the fog! GOOOO Vote!

Niiiiiice! It's in the fog! I'm so happy for you! One of the best designs of this derby, in my opinion

MrBignell

Narfcake wrote:He is (was?) shirt.woot's #1 volume seller, and he liked drawing bunnies. A lot. And turtles. A lot. And penguins. A lot. And other cute animals. A lot. Why? Because Wooters loved them and voted for them. A lot. He didn't win every time, but his style garnered a good number of fans -- and critics.

I will say he did diversify more after splitting up with what's-her-thief. And was even helpful, with a good tutorial on halftones.

Please write more bios like this, Narf. They're just as entertaining as the designs.

Doghater; we've all been there, frustrated over how the wooters woot. I wanna send you a virtual hug 🤗.

And I think the mashups and sci-fi makes sense. Bending the theme interpretation is what makes this interesting. I'm hoping I can catch up w the porguins and their threepeating Mashup.

MrBignell

Bohsky wrote:Thanks! I'm glad you like it). Actually the idea was about representing sports with "ball" in the name and in the game. So sadly hockey would not fit the idea.

Well puck. ;)

MrBignell

jschrock182 wrote:Well, I guess I'm showing the northern half of my dual citizenship by voting for this but not the other...

Thanks for the vote! It's funny to see what people are drawn to. My students have actually been debating which design is stronger. The majority of them prefer this one. (I do teach in Canada though).

chachachino

quality posts: 1 Private Messages chachachino
Re: It's Official

Thanks guys!
If you're a proper lady or gentleman you'd have your pinky out.

Narfcake

quality posts: 397 Private Messages Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

MrBignell wrote:Please write more bios like this, Narf. They're just as entertaining as the designs.

Uh, that's most of it.

Back in the era, there were three major accusations:

1. Ballot stuffing.
  • Every design that won outsold the votes, with several selling out the entire debut day's production (3k to 6k).
  • A 30th place EC was not in his usual style, but it outsold and outlasted all the other prints from its original derby and the double take derby.
  • Result: Wooters simply like his designs and it wasn't "funny business" that let him win a lot.

2. Sales manipulation.
  • Back when there was no back catalog, and once a design was sold out, it was gone. Monday mornings were a time of watching which 20 shirts survive and which end up relegated to the history books. Determined to prove something, I began tracking numbers -- and after a year plus of tracking numbers daily, the result is ...
  • NOPE! The reckonings really were that close, and he wasn't "buying to boost his ranks" any more than any other artist. Incidentally (and more so unintentionally), that increased his credibility and the critics didn't have much to yell about anymore.

3. Designs inspired by other artists.
  • The proof pointed to her, not him.
  • The later grammar thread incident was ugly, so no, we are not going to revisit that thread. I will still say that the resolution was all his; I only yapped on the phone that afternoon until his battery died. Oops.

No.1 rule of online apparel purchases: SIZING CHARTS! Unsure about classic and fitted options at shirt.woot? Comments on the new pricing? Read more about that here.

Do you like (or dislike) what you see at shirt.woot? Choose what prints at shirt.woot! Vote in the derby!
- Note: I am not staff. If you need help with your purchases, contact Support.

RetroReview

quality posts: 0 Private Messages RetroReview

I am new to woot so wasn’t sure on if there was an exact tee style it had to be on. I originally envisioned it on a baseball tee. It was originally supposed to go to print on a big shirt a day website back when series 2 launched but ended up getting put to the one side by the art department and forgotten about. When other similar designs popped up I put the design to the one side. I remember speaking to a friend of mine Giles Bones (one of the artists of the other designs you pointed out on google) back when I originally designed this. We both laughed at how we managed to create a similar concept but in our own styles. He told me to get this out there even if it doesn’t get picked up. Great artists support each other like this and we live by the unwritten rule of never copying a concept already done before. I did this before others went out there I was just waiting for the perfect website to launch it on instead of just throwing it into my TeePublic or NeatoShop with other designs.

acraigl wrote:FYI, this may not print:
1. Not on a woot blank
2. Can't print on back
3. Lots of other similar designs out there (but still well done).
4. Doesn't follow the prompt -- but that's a loose rule of late.

VOTE HERE >

caityjean

quality posts: 2 Private Messages caityjean
RetroReview wrote:I am new to woot so wasn’t sure on if there was an exact tee style it had to be on. I originally envisioned it on a baseball tee. It was originally supposed to go to print on a big shirt a day website back when series 2 launched but ended up getting put to the one side by the art department and forgotten about. When other similar designs popped up I put the design to the one side. I remember speaking to a friend of mine Giles Bones (one of the artists of the other designs you pointed out on google) back when I originally designed this. We both laughed at how we managed to create a similar concept but in our own styles. He told me to get this out there even if it doesn’t get picked up. Great artists support each other like this and we live by the unwritten rule of never copying a concept already done before. I did this before others went out there I was just waiting for the perfect website to launch it on instead of just throwing it into my TeePublic or NeatoShop with other designs.

I don't think anyone intended to put you down for having similar concepts to others. Just that Woot doesn't always print designs that are available elsewhere or are common on other sites. Its a matter of them wanting unique merchandise and not a dig at your concept or skill. Still, if you post to Woot to pitch a design you should at the very least follow their submission guidelines or risk being rejected. Use the appropriate shirt blank in the printable area and take into consideration the request made in the theme.

acraigl

RetroReview wrote:I am new to woot so wasn’t sure on if there was an exact tee style it had to be on. I originally envisioned it on a baseball tee. It was originally supposed to go to print on a big shirt a day website back when series 2 launched but ended up getting put to the one side by the art department and forgotten about. When other similar designs popped up I put the design to the one side. I remember speaking to a friend of mine Giles Bones (one of the artists of the other designs you pointed out on google) back when I originally designed this. We both laughed at how we managed to create a similar concept but in our own styles. He told me to get this out there even if it doesn’t get picked up. Great artists support each other like this and we live by the unwritten rule of never copying a concept already done before. I did this before others went out there I was just waiting for the perfect website to launch it on instead of just throwing it into my TeePublic or NeatoShop with other designs.

I have a tendency to be a little too abrupt sometimes, which is not fair to folks newer to the derbies. Sorry.

On the page you subbed the design, there's a link to the templates, which includes the color options (BUT DON'T USE CREAM!). Use those to place, and resub your entry.

If you have any questions feel free to ask -- we were all new once.

VOTE >

RetroReview

So I should resubmit completely? Would that not cause a problem with votes already on this design? I could just create an image with the template and embed in the comments if that helps.

acraigl wrote:I have a tendency to be a little too abrupt sometimes, which is not fair to folks newer to the derbies. Sorry.

On the page you subbed the design, there's a link to the templates, which includes the color options (BUT DON'T USE CREAM!). Use those to place, and resub your entry.

VOTE HERE >

RetroReview

Hopefully this sorts the problem. Thanks again for the help and support on here to teach me the rules and etiquette of woot. I have been designing in the shirt industry for over 5 years now and have done officially licensed art for the US armed forces, Hasbro toys and even transformers. That said I really enjoy doing typography pieces and mainly gaming related designs for my followers on Facebook. :-)

acraigl wrote:I have a tendency to be a little too abrupt sometimes, which is not fair to folks newer to the derbies. Sorry.

VOTE HERE >

RetroReview

VOTE HERE >

acraigl

RetroReview wrote:

Looks good!
I'm OK with it here in the thread, but it should probably be a net-new submission, or else you run the risk of being rejected for the reasons I cited above.

Good luck!

VOTE >

MrBignell

spikeani wrote:Great design GMV

Nice. +1 gamer sport.

MrBignell

Bohsky wrote:Niiiiiice! It's in the fog! I'm so happy for you! One of the best designs of this derby, in my opinion

Thanks Bohsky! I'm pretty psyched too. It's my first time making it in the top 10 XD. Now I've gotta figure out how to will it onto the podium. It's so fitting that it's an Olympic design.

MrBignell

RetroReview wrote: Hopefully this sorts the problem. Thanks again for the help and support on here to teach me the rules and etiquette of woot. I have been designing in the shirt industry for over 5 years now and have done officially licensed art for the US armed forces, Hasbro toys and even transformers. That said I really enjoy doing typography pieces and mainly gaming related designs for my followers on Facebook. :-)

That's quite the resume you've got there, Retro.

I can relate to coming up with similar concepts and worrying about stepping on toes. I released my first design ever a week before a much better version came out on teefury. For a while my bitterness thought perhaps they had a pro redo my concept, but seeing the time and effort that goes into these, I've chalked it up to great minds thinking alike. You're right; you've gotta get your designs out there and trust that other artists share your integrity and love for design.

RetroReview

The other design is by a friend of mine Nacho (goes by the artist name Naolito). He was working on a full range of banksy related designs around that time if I remember right. I have seen it a few times in the Ript artist group where artists have the same concept and they agree to both submit and put it down to great minds. You should take a look at Naolitos other designs. His Kickstarter last year about villains needing love was really good.

MrBignell wrote:That's quite the resume you've got there, Retro.

I can relate to coming up with similar concepts and worrying about stepping on toes. I released my first design ever a week before a much better version came out on teefury. For a while my bitterness thought perhaps they had a pro redo my concept, but seeing the time and effort that goes into these, I've chalked it up to great minds thinking alike. You're right; you've gotta get your designs out there and trust that other artists share your integrity and love for design.

VOTE HERE >

Narfcake

quality posts: 397 Private Messages Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

RetroReview wrote:The other design is by a friend of mine Nacho (goes by the artist name Naolito). ...

I have over a dozen of his designs; most from here at shirt.woot, but also from Threadless, TeeFury, and TeeTurtle.

No.1 rule of online apparel purchases: SIZING CHARTS! Unsure about classic and fitted options at shirt.woot? Comments on the new pricing? Read more about that here.

Do you like (or dislike) what you see at shirt.woot? Choose what prints at shirt.woot! Vote in the derby!
- Note: I am not staff. If you need help with your purchases, contact Support.

amanoxford

quality posts: 0 Private Messages amanoxford
Re: Demodogs

Nice one dude, +1

DoubleGhost

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DoubleGhost
krittikae wrote:In honor of the Browns' perfect 2017 season. My husband, and life-long Browns fan, designed this one.

As a cleveland sports fan myself, this is great xD

Hey, at least we get a parade!

MrBignell

RetroReview wrote:The other design is by a friend of mine Nacho (goes by the artist name Naolito).

Small world. Any time an artist can pay homage to Banksy usually ends up with a great design. Thanks for highlighting @Naolito's other works here, @Narf.

RetroReview

Awesome! He has a couple of designs on here I haven't seen before.

Narfcake wrote:I have over a dozen of his designs; most from here at shirt.woot, but also from Threadless, TeeFury, and TeeTurtle.

VOTE HERE >

flemtone

quality posts: 17 Private Messages flemtone
Re: The Future of Sports

I hoped this would make an appearance. Well done!

acraigl

Re: Gridiron Ale

Thanks to those that voted on this design.
Good luck everyone!

VOTE >

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 306 Private Messages Spiritgreen

Really sharp, looks like a winner. Good luck!

Electrified

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Electrified
Re: Philadelphia Football

I would love to buy this shirt any chance of that happening ? If so when, where, how.

Thank you

lorinda1717

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lorinda1717

How did this not get made? Please tell me I'm just not looking in the right place....