acraigl

quality posts: 213 Private Messages acraigl
kg07 wrote:Nice design and congrats on the artist spotlight acraigl!

Thanks! Totally shocked to see that this morning.

BUY! >>

MrBignell

quality posts: 5 Private Messages MrBignell
acraigl wrote:This is actually for a male and female version, so your vote is for both! Where's the bathroom!

I'd like to see the gender neutral version too-- purely for comedic value. What is the neutral version of lad/lass? ;)

benjaminleebates

quality posts: 18 Private Messages benjaminleebates
MrBignell wrote:I'd like to see the gender neutral version too-- purely for comedic value. What is the neutral version of lad/lass? ;)

Probably just a Wee One.

You can find my shirts for sale HERE or THERE!

acraigl

MrBignell wrote:I'd like to see the gender neutral version too-- purely for comedic value. What is the neutral version of lad/lass? ;)

Wee gender fluid?

BUY! >>

stanwillis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stanwillis
kg07 wrote:Like the style! +1

Wow...that means a lot coming from you!
To be honest though, my "style" is simply the result of not having a clue of what I'm doing when it comes to working digitally. I've got a lot to learn. Thanks kg

stanwillis

Re: Change of luck

I love the handmade inky look to your lines.

cubbiecatz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cubbiecatz

Precious! Voted!

cubbiecatz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cubbiecatz
Re: Blackie's Lucky Day

Drunk Blackie...cute!

momoshwing

quality posts: 1 Private Messages momoshwing
stanwillis wrote:I wish I could come up with such simple effective designs. What a clever idea.

Thank you! Honestly, I almost always overthink it. I'm learning as I go and still don't really know what works well, haha. I was just staring at pictures of four leaf clovers and was trying to figure out how I could make it different.

jasneko

quality posts: 32 Private Messages jasneko

Thanks for the comments all!

@stanwillis - you noticed! I've been dabbling more with drawing designs with an ink pen on paper, then coloring it digitally. (I typically create the whole design on the computer). And this was one of them - so the inky look is indeed, ink!

Narfcake

quality posts: 392 Private Messages Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

MrBignell wrote:Toothless (and all the dragons) from H2TYD are totally based on Cats. I think that makes the connection even stronger.

I'd say Jasneko is in the clear by a lot. If there were only one cat shirt allowed on Woot, we'd all be out of business.

If there was only one catshirt, my closet would be 12% less stuffed.

(Catshirtswoot sells a lot of non-cat shirts too.)

No.1 rule of online apparel purchases: SIZING CHARTS! Unsure about classic and fitted options at shirt.woot? Comments on the new pricing? Read more about that here.

Do you like (or dislike) what you see at shirt.woot? Choose what prints at shirt.woot! Vote in the derby!
- Note: I am not staff. If you need help with your purchases, contact Support.

acraigl

stanwillis wrote:Wow...that means a lot coming from you!
To be honest though, my "style" is simply the result of not having a clue of what I'm doing when it comes to working digitally. I've got a lot to learn. Thanks kg

If that's the case the rest of us have a lot to worry about when you figure it out. Nice work!

BUY! >>

acraigl

Re: Ceci n'est pas une pipe

...not a pint! Cool image and reference.

BUY! >>

MrBignell

quality posts: 5 Private Messages MrBignell
Re: Ceci n'est pas une pipe

Love the mashup! +1

benjaminleebates

quality posts: 18 Private Messages benjaminleebates

You can find my shirts for sale HERE or THERE!

lunchboxbrain

quality posts: 3 Private Messages lunchboxbrain
Re: St Patrick's Day

Rad detail!

DogHater

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DogHater

Yeah, I find this shirt offensive. I'm Irish and I don't like being being called a drunk. Would you like it if I lined up tacos and said I was aspiring to be Mexican?

Re: Irish in progress

gggranny93

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gggranny93
DogHater wrote:Yeah, I find this shirt offensive. I'm Irish and I don't like being being called a drunk. Would you like it if I lined up tacos and said I was aspiring to be Mexican?

stanwillis

acraigl wrote:If that's the case the rest of us have a lot to worry about when you figure it out. Nice work!

Thanks a ton...I love your designs!

aurla

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aurla

If you want to be truly vintage, ditch the purple horseshoes......

mcobutte

quality posts: 20 Private Messages mcobutte
Narfcake wrote:(IMHO, since I'm not staff ...)

Sure, it's a black cat on a grass green shirt, but no, I don't see it close enough to say S.S.E.

This, OTOH, is very similar, but their art director was active here at the time LaL printed so I'm sure she is aware and I'm also pretty sure whomever on their staff that designed it was allowed to be "inspired" by their boss.

(Related post.)

I am always amazed that similar or copies can be found so easily, also that duplicates don't happen more often.

Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

mcobutte wrote:I am always amazed that similar or copies can be found so easily, also that duplicates don't happen more often.

Similar shirts existing is a real thing, but it's also a matter of whether such was intentional or not.

(Drifting off @jasneko's design here ...)

The case between Lucky at Last and Lucky Toothless is that it's the same folks are involved. While @RamyB isn't always doing the designs himself now (several staff artists), @ProfHotPants was art director here at the time and currently she is the art director at TeeTurtle.

No.1 rule of online apparel purchases: SIZING CHARTS! Unsure about classic and fitted options at shirt.woot? Comments on the new pricing? Read more about that here.

Do you like (or dislike) what you see at shirt.woot? Choose what prints at shirt.woot! Vote in the derby!

dgood

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dgood
aurla wrote:If you want to be truly vintage, ditch the purple horseshoes......

...and the blue diamonds

krittikae

quality posts: 29 Private Messages krittikae
dgood wrote:...and the blue diamonds

It’s the cereal as it was when I was a kid. I’m not THAT old!

mjc613

quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613
Re: Irish Lucky Cat

Hoping this does very well. We need a new green shirt for our preschooler for the wearing of the green!

acraigl

krittikae wrote:It’s the cereal as it was when I was a kid. I’m not THAT old!

She said as she makes me feel old.
I liked Booberry better anyway.

BUY! >>

mcobutte

Narfcake wrote:Similar shirts existing is a real thing, but it's also a matter of whether such was intentional or not.

(Drifting off @jasneko's design here ...)

The case between Lucky at Last and Lucky Toothless is that it's the same folks are involved. While @RamyB isn't always doing the designs himself now (several staff artists), @ProfHotPants was art director here at the time and currently she is the art director at TeeTurtle.

I should have asked, how other than sharp eyed tee shirt buyers, do the copies get found. I am sure others and beginning designers would like to know,so they don't accidentally copy.

kg07

quality posts: 11 Private Messages kg07
Re: Anagram Stink Eye

Hey, I don’t really get this one (but could be just me), but I think, rather than surrounding the design with a box, it would be better if the text faded out into the shirt. Good luck in the derby.

mcobutte

Re: Sober Irish = Sober-ish

Interesting location for the ladies👧

Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

mcobutte wrote:I should have asked, how other than sharp eyed tee shirt buyers, do the copies get found. I am sure others and beginning designers would like to know,so they don't accidentally copy.

Google and/or just knowing that the idea/design looks similar to something else seen elsewhere.

porkyroebuck

quality posts: 0 Private Messages porkyroebuck
acraigl wrote:...not a pint! Cool image and reference.

Thanks man!

porkyroebuck

quality posts: 0 Private Messages porkyroebuck
MrBignell wrote:Love the mashup! +1

Thank you, glad you like it. Cheers!

krittikae

quality posts: 29 Private Messages krittikae
acraigl wrote:She said as she makes me feel old.
I liked Booberry better anyway.

Lol. The Hubs has like 5 boxes of Frankenberry in the cupboard to last him until next Halloween.

reverseemf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages reverseemf
kg07 wrote:Hey, I don’t really get this one (but could be just me), but I think, rather than surrounding the design with a box, it would be better if the text faded out into the shirt. Good luck in the derby.

Yeah, it is a bit "obscure". But, did you get that the "Eye" is composed of the characters that make up the phrase "Saint Patrick's Day"?

There's some history that goes along with this. Decades ago, when I was employed at a Robot Vision development and manufacturing firm called View Engineering, in Simi Valley, CA, I had access to some really fun equipment, with crazy fast image processing hardware that could be easily programmed in a FORTH-like language called VAMPIC.

So, rather than do the work I was supposed to be doing, I programmed the thing to convert images, from one of the video cameras, into ASCII pictures, like the "Eye" in my latest Derby entry.

No, the shirt eye was not generated by my program (I found a really nice online version that allows you to enter a custom set of characters, and comes with a set of controls for processing the image for better character selection), but the point is, it could have been ;)

BTW, they eventually fired me, but, i mean, come on...the temptation!

reverseemf

kg07 wrote:Hey, I don’t really get this one (but could be just me), but I think, rather than surrounding the design with a box, it would be better if the text faded out into the shirt. Good luck in the derby.

BTW: I placed the Eye in a filled box because I wanted the characters, that make up the Eye, to pop. For an ASCII image, like this, to work, there needs to be enough contrast. I didn't want the shirt color choice to compromise that contrast. Plus, I suspect printing characters right on the shirt fabric would make them "fuzzy" and hard to read. I wanted them to be nice and clear, so it's obvious the Eye is composed of ASCII characters.

Or is the "Eye" not coming across? In other words, when I say "eye", do you wonder what the heck I'm talking about?

soreo6

quality posts: 0 Private Messages soreo6
Re: Super Lucky

love it !

reverseemf

Re: Irish Brain!

Did you forget "Fight"? I mean, "Fightin' Irish" and all that, right?

thatquietgir1

quality posts: 11 Private Messages thatquietgir1
krittikae wrote:Careful - it's pretty similar in theme to: Lucky at Last

Woot also printed these 3 shirts within 6 months of each other, so that doesn't seem to apply much these days.

https://shirt.woot.com/offers/yodas-guide-to-winning?ref=cnt_ctlg_dgn_4

https://shirt.woot.com/offers/no-trying-2?ref=cnt_ctlg_dgn_1

https://shirt.woot.com/offers/do?ref=cnt_ctlg_dgn_21

Nicoleonyoutube

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Nicoleonyoutube
Re: Claddaghscope

I go for colors

CrumblinCookie

quality posts: 1 Private Messages CrumblinCookie
Re: Not So Lucky

thank you guys!