Back to Amazon.com

MrBignell

quality posts: 21 Private Messages MrBignell
Re: I moustache you a question

This is AWESOME! I guess the super mario bros were super. I'd wear this all movember long! +1

thumperchick

quality posts: 260 Private Messages thumperchick
Re: The Riveter

+1 Thanks for posting this one on fb Marcee!

chachachino

quality posts: 1 Private Messages chachachino
Re: Human Garbage Disposal

With great appetite comes great responsibility.

MrBignell

quality posts: 21 Private Messages MrBignell
Re: Panther Fangirl

Cute!

Cujunga

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Cujunga
Re: Super Tired

PERFECT!

Cujunga

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Cujunga
Re: Super-Cow-Fridge-Lipstick-Egg-Bee-Owl-Donuts

Why didn't I already have this shirt on my trip to Disney?

caityjean

quality posts: 2 Private Messages caityjean
Re: Captain Rogers' Neighborhood

Hey! Seems like this is a neat design but you may want to resubmit with the correct size Shirt Comp image (602px by 602px). Also, you need a shirt comp on it.

flemtone

quality posts: 17 Private Messages flemtone
Re: smorgasbord of the flies

One of the things I appreciate most about your work is the attention to detail, especially the small side-jokes that seem to appear to the viewer after you've looked at the work and 'got the joke'. To have Thor with his flagon & turkey-leg and Cap with his apple pie & milk...it takes a few more minutes to notice but brings the additional lulz.

flemtone

Re: Supermom

HA! This is great!

flemtone

Re: No Capes!

I love this.

Edna Mode: "Meta Man, express elevator! Dynaguy, snag on takeoff! Splashdown, sucked into a vortex! NO CAPES!"

sonofafish

quality posts: 18 Private Messages sonofafish

I logged in just to vote for this. Aside from all that's already been said, it's a good design. In a modern context Rosie the Riveter is something of symbol of women's empowerment, but historically it was boosting the war effort. It's interesting to see how this inverts the original context and dovetails with the more contemporary one. This is art.

that's my time, folks

kharmazero

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kharmazero

dbollman1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dbollman1
Re: Super...

Will definitely get one of these!!

acraigl

quality posts: 234 Private Messages acraigl
Re: Super Kitty

Love the style!

VOTE >

cubbiecatz

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cubbiecatz
Re: Super Cat Mom

WooHoo! I was hoping someone would do a cat parent.
Love it!

cubbiecatz

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cubbiecatz

Please, someone do one for the military! I would ♥ one for a Marine to give as a thank you.

Edit: just read the description these are meant as parodies..never mind.

Nothing to see here.

More cats!

simic

quality posts: 24 Private Messages simic
scrabblefish wrote:Okay, is that the Hulk, Jolly Green Giant, or Spinach Man?

Legally, speaking it is simply a green demon, but your first guess was correct.

benwyeth

quality posts: 0 Private Messages benwyeth

Staff

oakenspirit wrote:
This is a shirt about the hero and riveter, Emma Gonzalez, and her message about gun reform, which I am all for helping to spread in any little way I can....If this is rejected, I would totally understand why. I realize it walks along a thin line. I just felt moved to make something, and when thinking on the theme of a SUPERPERSONS derby, I could think of no better representation than Emma.

Thank you, Oakenspirit, both for the submission and for the recognition that it walks a fine line. We’ve discussed the entry this morning, and while we appreciate its merit, we have ultimately decided that we need to reject it. Because the design uses the likeness of a minor, we would need written consent from her legal guardian before we could print it.

BEN WYETH
Art Director - Shirt.Woot

omarfeliciano

quality posts: 48 Private Messages omarfeliciano
Re: Wakanda Panther?

Thanks guys, I am really proud of this pun, lol.

For all you younger cats out there, the other cat is dressed as Panthro from the Thundercats

benjaminleebates

quality posts: 19 Private Messages benjaminleebates
omarfeliciano wrote:Thanks guys, I am really proud of this pun, lol.

For all you younger cats out there, the other cat is dressed as Panthro from the Thundercats

Needs more samoflange!

You can find my shirts for sale HERE or THERE!

sonofafish

Disappointing to say the least. I know that this site has printed items that are on thinner fair-use ice than this. I don't know why I expected more. I'll go ahead and donate the money I was going to spend on this shirt directly to March for Our Lives. Another derby, another cat shirt, I guess.

benwyeth wrote:Thank you, Oakenspirit, both for the submission and for the recognition that it walks a fine line. We’ve discussed the entry this morning, and while we appreciate its merit, we have ultimately decided that we need to reject it. Because the design uses the likeness of a minor, we would need written consent from her legal guardian before we could print it.

that's my time, folks

oakenspirit

quality posts: 114 Private Messages oakenspirit
benwyeth wrote:Thank you, Oakenspirit, both for the submission and for the recognition that it walks a fine line. We’ve discussed the entry this morning, and while we appreciate its merit, we have ultimately decided that we need to reject it. Because the design uses the likeness of a minor, we would need written consent from her legal guardian before we could print it.

Ben- No harm, no foul. I get it. Thank you for considering the best way to handle things.

MARCEE! - ;)

If you do end up somehow touching base with Emma's parents, and they are okay with it moving forward in other ways, let me know. Be that through woot, OR I would also be completely fine with just giving them the art file and letting them decide the best way to approach printing it or using it for March For Our Lives.

Thanks for all the support everyone. Woot can be such a nice place.

oakenspirit

quality posts: 114 Private Messages oakenspirit
sonofafish wrote:I logged in just to vote for this. Aside from all that's already been said, it's a good design. In a modern context Rosie the Riveter is something of symbol of women's empowerment, but historically it was boosting the war effort. It's interesting to see how this inverts the original context and dovetails with the more contemporary one. This is art.

Hey man- Good seeing you again! Miss your wit around here. Just wanted to tell you that reading this meant a lot to me.

sonofafish

Gotcher back, man. I check in every so often but I got kinda riled about this particular entry, I was even telling people to come vote for it. Ah well.

oakenspirit wrote:Hey man- Good seeing you again! Miss your wit around here. Just wanted to tell you that reading this meant a lot to me.

that's my time, folks

caityjean

Re: Morning Heroes

They certainly save me every day! Great illustration!

caityjean

Re: Mama Bear

Blew me away with your style. And so funny!!

amanoxford

quality posts: 0 Private Messages amanoxford
kg07 wrote:I like it, but if this prints, we will have another day of wooter’s posting that they will never buy from woot again. Not sure what the decision will be on printability, but a nice design and your heart seems to be in the right place.

I know there was comments of people "saying" they wouldn't buy from Woot after that 'Make us Civil again' shirt, but did you not note that it actually flew straight into 7th in the top-20 sellers and is still in top-20 3-weeks on? Didn't seem to hurt sales at all...

oneshoeoff

quality posts: 7 Private Messages oneshoeoff
Re: Devine Battle

Nice style on this. You are on fire this week!

oneshoeoff

kg07 wrote:Love the colors and the style! +1

oakenspirit wrote:Just seeing this! Holy goats, I love it-

Thanks! It was a lot of fun and a little out of my comfort zone working on this one.

marceepauff

quality posts: 24 Private Messages marceepauff
oakenspirit wrote:Ben- No harm, no foul. I get it. Thank you for considering the best way to handle things.

MARCEE! - ;)

If you do end up somehow touching base with Emma's parents, and they are okay with it moving forward in other ways, let me know. Be that through woot, OR I would also be completely fine with just giving them the art file and letting them decide the best way to approach printing it or using it for March For Our Lives.

Thanks for all the support everyone. Woot can be such a nice place.

I updated my FB post. If I hear anything, I'll let you know. But between the marches and the travel, I know many of these kids and their families are out of town. #msdstrong

oneshoeoff

Re: Guardian of the Grove

So nice! Would definitely get one for my 8 year old (who can't walk past a stump without jumping on it and quoting this line... that or the Gettysburg address... he's an interesting kid. ) Anyway, love it +1.

jasneko

quality posts: 33 Private Messages jasneko
Re: I'm a Super Food!

Bananas = super.

Side note: Gee whiz, I completely forgot about the derby yesterday!

momoshwing

quality posts: 1 Private Messages momoshwing

What about something like teespring? People can get the word out and share and proceeds can still go to March For Our Lives. Might be worth checking out.

tubamandan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tubamandan
Re: Super Tired

I think Super Tired's arch-enemy should be Dr. Binxy, a Calico cat who likes to make loud noises early in the morning. His weapon of choice is a "Hungry-Meow-Ray"

ochopika

quality posts: 33 Private Messages ochopika
acraigl wrote:I'm not typically a fan of cat shirts (sacrilege, I know) but this is pretty funny. +1

=O_O=

Randyotter

quality posts: 12 Private Messages Randyotter
Re: Super Voter

great work as usual ahhaahahah

ciyinwanderer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ciyinwanderer
amanoxford wrote:I know there was comments of people "saying" they wouldn't buy from Woot after that 'Make us Civil again' shirt, but did you not note that it actually flew straight into 7th in the top-20 sellers and is still in top-20 3-weeks on? Didn't seem to hurt sales at all...

That's a good point. I forgot to check the stats on that. The number of sales listed after the first day or two seemed decent enough, definitely enough to justify printing it.

stiluk35

quality posts: 4 Private Messages stiluk35

Too many use this superpower to do evil!
:/

Randyotter wrote:great work as usual ahhaahahah

transformingegg

quality posts: 9 Private Messages transformingegg
Re: Captain Mullet

Lovve it! Great job!

tehjam

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tehjam
Re: Infinity Stones

cool.