MrBignell

quality posts: 17 Private Messages MrBignell
Re: Why did the chicken...

You like your birds, Simic. This one is particularly fowl.

MrBignell

Re: Polar Bear in a Snow Storm

Haha, I love that it's garnished some votes. This is very carte blanche

GyleDesigns

quality posts: 5 Private Messages GyleDesigns
Re: Boba Fettuccine

What’s a Mandalorian’s favorite pasta?

(Meant to include the joke in the description but I guess I messed that up)

acraigl

quality posts: 220 Private Messages acraigl
GyleDesigns wrote:What’s a Mandalorian’s favorite pasta?

(Meant to include the joke in the description but I guess I messed that up)

The description doesn't show up anywhere, so better in the thread anyway. Nice illustration!

GyleDesigns

quality posts: 5 Private Messages GyleDesigns
acraigl wrote:The description doesn't show up anywhere, so better in the thread anyway. Nice illustration!

I see! It’s been some time since I participated in a derby. Thanks!

kg07

quality posts: 12 Private Messages kg07
Re: Ten Tickles

I love the details and skill level (way better than what I can do). If your positive comments translated to votes, you would be in the fog in every derby. Keep up the great work. +1

kg07

simic wrote:BRILLIANT!

Thanks! I cannot take credit for the idea, but it is my favorite of the: ...walks into a bar... genre of jokes.

ckulf372

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ckulf372

Echidna not, I'm real!

Re: I Kid You Not, Echidna

stiluk35

quality posts: 4 Private Messages stiluk35

Amen! GMV

Re: Never Give Up

flemtone

quality posts: 17 Private Messages flemtone
Re: Rules are rules

*rimshot*

acraigl

Re: Jingle bells! Batman smells! Robin laid an egg!

Fun!
Just an FYI, the batman logo is easy fodder for DQ since it can't be printed due to copyright. Might want to remove/change it accordingly as it can't run as is.

mylionmaker

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mylionmaker
Re: Never Gets Old

Definitely gave me a chuckle this morning!

mylionmaker

Re: Fake Shirts

Awesome design and use of color!

mylionmaker

Re: Anti-Gravity: A Novel

Clearly a light read!

stanwillis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stanwillis
Re: Bad Grammar Kills

Do we cook him good, or well? I can never remember.

MrBignell

Re: Jokes need a good punchline

So cute! Well done!

MrBignell

Re: Bad Grammar Kills

Classic. Great grammar joke

stanwillis

kg07 wrote:I love the details and skill level (way better than what I can do). If your positive comments translated to votes, you would be in the fog in every derby. Keep up the great work. +1

Thank's KG. That's very nice of you, though I disagree completely with your skill level comment. It's fun to see everyone's different approach.
Honestly, I'm just kind of unsure as to how to market my own work. I post my design on here and leave it at that.
Without sharing any super secret trade secrets, does anyone advertise outside of the derby to draw business (and votes) in each week? What do you do to develop a following of your own work?

PS...thanks in advance for sharing all your super secret trade secrets. ;)

MrBignell

Re: An exchange that will haunt them

This is my daughter's fav in the fog, Jansenko!

Sadly, she didn't get my dad joke. (To her credit, she's 4 and has no idea what pop is) ...We have miles to go young padawan.

stanwillis

MrBignell wrote:It's a diet coke parody, but don't take my jokes lightly.

Heh Heh...good one. Must be the dad in me that made me laugh

MrBignell

stanwillis wrote:That's KG. That's very nice of you, though I disagree completely with your skill level comment. It's fun to see everyone's different approach.
Honestly, I'm just kind of unsure as to how to market my own work. I post my design on here and leave it at that.
Without sharing any super secret trade secrets, does anyone advertise outside of the derby to draw business (and votes) in each week? What do you do to develop a following of your own work?

Super secret secrets in a public forum, eh? I like to print the design on paper, staple it to my shirt, and wear it for a week! XD

Just kidding. I know a lot of artists on here use facebook / twitter / instagram (hence my woot signature). ...Though I'm finding it a bit draining to post on 3 different platforms.

And honestly, with your level of illustration, the longer you're on here the more you will build a following. I've been printing since Nov on Woot and already my FB is approaching 150; which is small fish compared to some super fantastic vets with 10k+ (Yes you, @LetterQ). And honestly, get to know people here. Everyone is very positive and can give more.

MrBignell

MrBignell wrote:This is my daughter's fav in the fog, Jansenko!

Sadly, she didn't get my dad joke. (To her credit, she's 4 and has no idea what pop is) ...We have miles to go young padawan.

Seriously. "Read it again! "Read it a hundred times". I +1ed for her. She really wants you to win.

stanwillis

MrBignell wrote:Super secret secrets in a public forum, eh? I like to print the design on paper, staple it to my shirt, and wear it for a week! XD

Just kidding. I know a lot of artists on here use facebook / twitter / instagram (hence my woot signature). ...Though I'm finding it a bit draining to post on 3 different platforms.

And honestly, with your level of illustration, the longer you're on here the more you will build a following. I've been printing since Nov on Woot and already my FB is approaching 150; which is small fish compared to some super fantastic vets with 10k+ (Yes you, @LetterQ). And honestly, get to know people here. Everyone is very positive and can give more.

Thank you Big. I really appreciate your response though I wish I'd finished reading your post before I tried the staple thing. That hurts.

mcobutte

quality posts: 20 Private Messages mcobutte
Re: Polar Bear in a Snow Storm

Tough decision for rejectanator

spikeani

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spikeani
MrBignell wrote:So cute! Well done!

Thanks

kg07

stanwillis wrote:Thank's KG. That's very nice of you, though I disagree completely with your skill level comment. It's fun to see everyone's different approach.

I don't do anything as I do not really have a social media presence. There are a handful of artists that start off every derby in the fog with 10+ votes in the first hour which is an advantage, but in the long run, a great design will get votes. It is more important to figure out what sorts of designs look good on shirts (as opposed to books or posters) and what sort of themes grab the attention of woot voters (hint: cats).

kg07

acraigl

kg07 wrote:green version

Just to put things in perspective, that sold 200 shirts. Some designs lately have done less than half that number.

MrBignell

Re: I Don't Tell Dad Jokes

Love it! Yay dad jokes

MrBignell

midgerock wrote:Link To High Res

This design is so so strong. I love it.
Beware posting the hd link though. It's too good to see it get stolen.

MrBignell

kg07 wrote:green version

Haha, I did go looking for this and forgot what it was called.

MrBignell

mcobutte wrote:Tough decision for rejectanator

I completely expect this to be rejected. As long as the rejectanator chuckles while doing it. I thought the entry itself would be a joke that my fellow artists appreciate.

acraigl

MrBignell wrote:I completely expect this to be rejected. As long as the rejectanator chuckles while doing it. I thought the entry itself would be a joke that my fellow artists appreciate.

stanwillis

Re: Ten-Tickles

Hey...we're twinners! Great minds think alike ;)

acraigl

stanwillis wrote:Either I stayed up way to late last night or it's the fact that I have five kids...I've got the giggles looking at all your designs. You've been busy. Awesome job! ;)

Thanks stanwillis! It's probably the exhaustion taking over, but I'll take it!

stanwillis

Re: The Wurst

I love your wurst shirt. It's way better than my best shirt.

acraigl

Re: hello i'm joe kizonu

This took me way too long to get. Funny! +1

Jennzilla

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Jennzilla
Re: These 3 Guys

Thank you, guys! A lot of love went into this design. <3

Jennzilla

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Jennzilla
Re: Rules are rules

Love the style!