caityjean

quality posts: 2 Private Messages caityjean
spikeani wrote:Met Happy from the SYFY channels new show Happy. Warning not for the faint of heart. but a very wacky show.

That seems like a good likeness but what is the tie in to the year's events?

caityjean

Re: Spin Division

I've seen a lot of designs with this general layout and I don't get it. Is this a specific type of design or inspired by something famous?

caityjean

Re: No Ketchup

I don't get the reference. Was there a ketchup scandal this year?

acraigl

quality posts: 220 Private Messages acraigl
caityjean wrote:I really liked your design but the one thing that I can't unsee is the arrow says "Went Right" but is pointing left. Was that the irony of something not going right? Otherwise I really like the diversity in your type and the way it all fits together. It might unify the design further if it had a single texture applied throughout but its still really nice as is. This one immediately popped out to me when I saw it.

Thanks for the feedback. It's the wearer's right -- or at least that was the intention. Could be considered incorrect either way, depending on the perspective.

VOTE!>>

acraigl

caityjean wrote:I've seen a lot of designs with this general layout and I don't get it. Is this a specific type of design or inspired by something famous?

It's from Joy Division's "unknown pleasures" album art.

VOTE!>>

caityjean

[quote postid="7299385" user="acraigl"]It's from Joy Division's "unknown pleasures" album art.

OH! Ok, thank you!

Narfcake

quality posts: 393 Private Messages Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

gwbids wrote:... It was rejected for use of Copyrighted names, which since I used only text and no trademark images or references to specific movies, books or other properties, is pretty thin at best. ...

Many of the IP holders have the names themselves trademarked too. While writing one here or there might be arguable under fair use, seven of them is most likely too many.

The US Patent and Trademark Office is one place where such aspects can be searched.

If you read Woot's, their description includes:

Retail store services for electrical items; namely, speaker, gaming personnel computer, travel cooler/warmer, surveillance system, remote control robot, mouse, automatic electric mower, video card, fan, multifunction unit of copying, faxing and printing, CRT monitor, hard drive, video recorder, home theater, drive and scanner.

No.1 rule of online apparel purchases: SIZING CHARTS! Unsure about classic and fitted options at shirt.woot? Comments on the new pricing? Read more about that here.

Do you like (or dislike) what you see at shirt.woot? Choose what prints at shirt.woot! Vote in the derby!
- Note: I am not staff. If you need help with your purchases, contact Support.

grayehound

quality posts: 0 Private Messages grayehound
Re: Fake News

Totally hilarious, extremely clever design. Well worth the +1

That said, I'd prefer it as a wearable illustration if there was some texture or wear on the logo to break up the flat colors. Or if there was something added/changed to the logo to make it more immediately identifiable as a profile or face. But that's just me.

lonelypond

quality posts: 678 Private Messages lonelypond
Re: Perceptive Squirrel

SQUIRREL SHIRT!!!!!

sneezycop

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sneezycop
Re: Show Your Claws

Am I missing something? I don't understand.

acraigl

sneezycop wrote:Am I missing something? I don't understand.

It's a cat.
It's cute.
It's sassy.
It's part of the #metoo movement (pink hat)

VOTE!>>

andrewslurzky

quality posts: 0 Private Messages andrewslurzky

I so want one!

Re: Fake News

caityjean

acraigl wrote:It's a cat.
It's cute.
It's sassy.
It's part of the #metoo movement (pink hat)

The pink hat (called a different 'P' word - think cat) was worn by marchers at the Women's March at the beginning of the year. Its meant to bring attention to women's inequality in society and work as a form of solidarity during the march.

The #MeToo movement is about sexual assault and harassment. Women and men put on social media #MeToo if they've been victimized in those ways and many also choose to share their stories at that time. Its difficult for people to come forward with so it was supposed to encourage solidarity and understanding.