Back to Amazon.com

wyk3d

quality posts: 4 Private Messages wyk3d

Shipping included but amazon prime gives me free shipping for the rest of your site? Seems like an odd way to conduct your business. Per the faq the price increase is to cover shipping, so which is it? Is it an increase because you want more money or an increase to defer shipping costs? If you’re giving prime members shipping based on their membership but still charging them “shipping” on shirts that’s quite a sweet deal for you folks. The change has stopped my purchases completely. When you folks killed wine woot, shirt woot was the only other reason I came to the site. This pricing structure has taken that away. I pop in now to admire the fun designs, understanding that I will not be purchasing a single one of them. Perhaps if you guys figure out a better pricing structure I will go back to purchasing them instead of just window shopping.

carmensorge

quality posts: 0 Private Messages carmensorge

Not a fan of the "free prime shipping" that is really "we bundled shipping into the shirt price". Used to order 3 or 4 shirts at a time. No more. Did you guys do an analysis of the number of shirts ordered prior to this change per order and from now?

mqstout

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mqstout

Saw my first shirt I wanted to buy this year in the top 20, saw the pricing -- didn't even put it into the cart.

$19 is WAY too much to pay for a t-shirt. Way, way too much.

Shipping shouldn't be integrated into the price. (And should be a proper/reasonable number.)

The main reason I've bought so many Woot shirts through the years is because they were nice but not usurously-priced (like places like Spreadshirt are). (And shirt.woot is what gets me to visit and sometimes make impulse purchases on the other bits...)

Stumpy91

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Stumpy91
amydealiah wrote:I am so with drmaxdog on this one! Living in NE Ohio, long-sleeved Ts and sweatshirts are a must. After all, we can only get away with wearing Ts half the year, so would enjoy getting more variety of Woot shirts to wear the other half.

I would like to see more long-sleeve shirts too, living in Minnesota.

• 100 total wOOts! including
  • 10/17/17 Crap
  • 4/01/10 Adventure Crap
  • 12/25/09 Santa's Sack O' Crap
  • 10/23/08, 9/25/09, 3/26/10, 5/26/10, 6/24/10, 9/22/10, 10/21/10, 12/1/10, 1/25/11, 3/9/11, 5/11/11 and 3/22/12 Bet on Colds
  • 12 sellout.wOOts
  • 5 shirt.wOOts
  • No kids.wOOts (that I know of)

StephBTR

quality posts: 0 Private Messages StephBTR

Disappointed in the new Ladies Classic Tees from Port & Company. They are much smaller than the Anvils through the chest and body. Also the neck is way too tight. Unfortunately you have chosen to eliminate women's sizes and only have junior and fitted junior sizes available for your female customers. It was nice will it lasted but you no longer offer a women's tee that will fit.

kalee11

quality posts: 42 Private Messages kalee11
StephBTR wrote:Disappointed in the new Ladies Classic Tees from Port & Company. They are much smaller than the Anvils through the chest and body. Also the neck is way too tight. Unfortunately you have chosen to eliminate women's sizes and only have junior and fitted junior sizes available for your female customers. It was nice will it lasted but you no longer offer a women's tee that will fit.

I definitely need help with sizing. My favorite fit so far is the Anvil Medium. In a regular t-shirt, I typically wear a small, but I have some American Apparel smalls and they are too tight. I don't own any Woot brands other than AA and Anvil, but I think the fitted shirts are Bella Canvas correct? Would y'all recommend classic or fitted in a medium to be closest to Anvil medium? I am nervous about jumping to a large because that's two sizes above what I normally wear.

Narfcake

quality posts: 397 Private Messages Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

kalee11 wrote:I definitely need help with sizing. My favorite fit so far is the Anvil Medium. In a regular t-shirt, I typically wear a small, but I have some American Apparel smalls and they are too tight. I don't own any Woot brands other than AA and Anvil, but I think the fitted shirts are Bella Canvas correct? Would y'all recommend classic or fitted in a medium to be closest to Anvil medium? I am nervous about jumping to a large because that's two sizes above what I normally wear.

Yes - fitted shirts are Bella/Canvas. They replaced American Apparel, as they got bought up and the LA factory was closed down.

Port and Company (classic) replaced Anvil.

Versus men's Anvil shirts:
- The P&C are slightly wider in the body, stays longer in length, and has much more generous sleeves.
- The Canvas blanks are the same in width, stays longer in length, and have sleeves and armholes that are larger than Anvil's.

(I can't comment about women's shirts, though.)

As for the size label -- there are no standards. I have "small" shirts that fit loose and "XL" shirts that only just fit.

No.1 rule of online apparel purchases: SIZING CHARTS! Unsure about classic and fitted options at shirt.woot? Comments on the new pricing? Read more about that here.

Do you like (or dislike) what you see at shirt.woot? Choose what prints at shirt.woot! Vote in the derby!
- Note: I am not staff. If you need help with your purchases, contact Support.

kalee11

quality posts: 42 Private Messages kalee11
Narfcake wrote:Yes - fitted shirts are Bella/Canvas. They replaced American Apparel, as they got bought up and the LA factory was closed down.

Port and Company (classic) replaced Anvil.

Versus men's Anvil shirts:
- The P&C are slightly wider in the body, stays longer in length, and has much more generous sleeves.
- The Canvas blanks are the same in width, stays longer in length, and have sleeves and armholes that are larger than Anvil's.

(I can't comment about women's shirts, though.)

As for the size label -- there are no standards. I have "small" shirts that fit loose and "XL" shirts that only just fit.

Thank you so much! I ended up going with classic because the dimensions matched Anvil, but I really like shorter sleeves, so if this shirt doesn't work for me I'll have to switch to premium and use a large. I definitely see how the women's sizing is a problem - if a lot of people have to size up, and the biggest sizes aren't available, in effect even fewer sizes are available.

Narfcake

quality posts: 397 Private Messages Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

kalee11 wrote:Thank you so much! I ended up going with classic because the dimensions matched Anvil, but I really like shorter sleeves, so if this shirt doesn't work for me I'll have to switch to premium and use a large. I definitely see how the women's sizing is a problem - if a lot of people have to size up, and the biggest sizes aren't available, in effect even fewer sizes are available.

Indeed.

Sometimes, the reverse holds true too. When Woot switched from AA to Anvil in 2012 (with a ton of criticism afterwards), the women's shirts changed about 1-2 sizes DOWN. An AA WL basically went to an Anvil WS, which meant that those who were an AA WM or WS didn't have a shirt size they could go to.

Then 2 years later, Anvil themselves changed their cuts -- shirts got shorter (and they shrank much more as it was already) and sleeves got (way) tighter, so things were different all over again.

No.1 rule of online apparel purchases: SIZING CHARTS! Unsure about classic and fitted options at shirt.woot? Comments on the new pricing? Read more about that here.

Do you like (or dislike) what you see at shirt.woot? Choose what prints at shirt.woot! Vote in the derby!
- Note: I am not staff. If you need help with your purchases, contact Support.

ashwakeman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ashwakeman

Kind of late to the party, but just logged into to do my yearly tshirt buy for my kid only to discover the massive price increase. I'm an international customer who ordered in bulk and am absolutely gutted that a price increase that is effectively over 100% (I compared like for like on my previous order of 8 shirts), means I can't shop here any more. My kid absolutely adores his Woot shirts and so I get to look forward to going home and breaking this news to him.

You've lost a long time customer and a big fan, but economic reality rears it's ugly head I guess.

I'm surprised at how upset I am by this dammit!