Back to Amazon.com

LazareLondaridze

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LazareLondaridze
Astronomer wrote:Besides the fact that this is a copyrighted character, it's also available here:

https://www.teepublic.com/t-shirt/71233-patrick-star

that would be my store XD

Demna

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Demna
Re: Procrastination

Wow, finally, a design that speaks to me on a spiritual level

Demna

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Demna
Re: Donut Be Sad

nice idea

LegatoDesigns

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LegatoDesigns

Is it a cat or a dog? or a double win? XD
Love it

LegatoDesigns

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LegatoDesigns
Re: Eat Your Feelings

always appreciate donut designs

stanwillis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stanwillis
MrBignell wrote:I think it's good to consider style with the design. Simple can speak volumes, but so can hard talent with brush texture or lines. You've got both going on there.

You mentioned you're still learning the tools. I feel that way every time I'm starting a design. But I've learned a lot from just watching what does well, and youtube tutorials. Woot is a really good place to grow as an artist with a really positive community. As long as you like cats ;)

It has been very positive here. I'm really grateful for everyone's feedback and insight. Thanks a ton! I'm finding that it's kind of a balancing act to learn how to apply what works for others while maintaining a look that is true to myself.

stanwillis

Spiritgreen wrote:Great piece, so well balanced and characterized right down to the smallest details like the dandelion seeds.

Good luck!

Thanks both of you (Spiritgreen and lonelypond)...I'm not trying to toot my own horn, but it's really exciting to be in the fog with the others here. That sounds cheesy I know, and I know it's very likely to change through the week, but ...Cool! Thanks!

zekecatz

quality posts: 213 Private Messages zekecatz
Re: A Happy Place

Beautiful! It looks as if it could become an illustration for a children's book. Maybe that's something for you to look into?

kg07

quality posts: 14 Private Messages kg07
Re: Today I Feel

Love these movies! Nice job using each of the characters to convey a different emotion. +1

kg07

Re: Robot Apathy

Ha! Fun idea and nicely executed. Love the simplicity of the design. +1

kg07

Re: Angry Man

Nice! I assume not that many people know what a Pokémon card looks like anymore, but funny idea and great execution! +1

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 61 Private Messages fishbiscuit5
cdrewlow wrote:Awww! Cute and punny!

Thank you!

fishbiscuit5

Re: A Happy Place

Adorable scene and impressive digital skills.

fishbiscuit5

stanwillis wrote:I wanna get this for my wife so everyone knows how much she loves me....cuz I am pretty great. ;). Clever idea

Haha! I hope she gets her chance to own one.

fishbiscuit5

Re: A Very Hangry Caterpillar

Great technique. Looks exactly like the book illustrations!

fishbiscuit5

Re: Pluck My Life

Aw, sad this fell out of the fog. Hopefully it sitll gets printed.

kg07

Nice design! However, woot often rejects designs that are already available on other sites:
https://www.redbubble.com/people/lazare-tendo/works/15974357-basically-me

fishbiscuit5

Re: Feelin' Groovy

Great style on this one!

Astronomer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Astronomer
Re: I Feel Hatty!

I like his hat.

MrBignell

quality posts: 21 Private Messages MrBignell
Re: Messy Feelings

+1.

acraigl

quality posts: 234 Private Messages acraigl
Re: All Out of Caring

Guessing you can keep this one going for a while...

VOTE >

LazareLondaridze

kg07 wrote:Nice design! However, woot often rejects designs that are already available on other sites:
https://www.redbubble.com/people/lazare-tendo/works/15974357-basically-me

🤔 strange

Narfcake

quality posts: 397 Private Messages Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

Re: Cat Feelings Chart

The last one is a reason why I have catshirts instead of a cat.

No.1 rule of online apparel purchases: SIZING CHARTS! Unsure about classic and fitted options at shirt.woot? Comments on the new pricing? Read more about that here.

Do you like (or dislike) what you see at shirt.woot? Choose what prints at shirt.woot! Vote in the derby!
- Note: I am not staff. If you need help with your purchases, contact Support.

Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

Re: Prickly

And yet, it's so adorable that I want to hug it!

No.1 rule of online apparel purchases: SIZING CHARTS! Unsure about classic and fitted options at shirt.woot? Comments on the new pricing? Read more about that here.

Do you like (or dislike) what you see at shirt.woot? Choose what prints at shirt.woot! Vote in the derby!

Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

Re: Unhappy Meh-al

"I think so, Brain, but if they called them 'Sad Meals', kids wouldn't buy them!"

Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

Re: Empty Inside

Great expression!

acraigl

quality posts: 234 Private Messages acraigl
LazareLondaridze wrote:🤔 strange

It doesn't matter that you removed it. All artwork needs to be original and not for sale (or sold) on other sites. It's in the spirit of the derby. What would be the point if people only transplanted artwork from other sites?

VOTE >

kg07

LazareLondaridze wrote:🤔 strange

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but if you take a look at the designs rejected from this derby, you will see some examples of this policy in action.

LazareLondaridze

acraigl wrote:It doesn't matter that you removed it. All artwork needs to be original and not for sale (or sold) on other sites. It's in the spirit of the derby. What would be the point if people only transplanted artwork from other sites?

I've seen many art work elsewhere that were printed here, not everything is original (original by your definition)

kg07

LazareLondaridze wrote:I've seen many art work elsewhere that were printed here, not everything is original (original by your definition)

My previous note was just an FYI about my understanding of woot policies. I am not in charge of tattling on designs or enforcing anything. Just figured I would let you know about the policy since you wrote in the comments that one of your other designs in this derby was up on another site. Woot generally scrutinizes designs in the fog more closely and would likely reject this one based on past experience.

LazareLondaridze

kg07 wrote:My previous note was just an FYI about my understanding of woot policies. I am not in charge of tattling on designs or enforcing anything. Just figured I would let you know about the policy since you wrote in the comments that one of your other designs in this derby was up on another site. Woot generally scrutinizes designs in the fog more closely and would likely reject this one based on past experience.

I see. Thanks for the notice. Let woot decide what they do.

Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

LazareLondaridze wrote:I've seen many art work elsewhere that were printed here, not everything is original (original by your definition)

Yes - there are a handful of "transplant" designs that are sold here, but they're under different contracts between shirt.woot and the artists. Such designs are not allowed in the derby; they must be submitted and spelled out that it's a non-exclusive design.

All derby entries must be original and are subject to additional terms like 60-day hold periods.

LazareLondaridze wrote:I see. Thanks for the notice. Let woot decide what they do.

I'm not staff, but the likelihood of a rejection is probably good.

stanwillis

zekecatz wrote:Beautiful! It looks as if it could become an illustration for a children's book. Maybe that's something for you to look into?

I've always loved the idea of doing a picture book, but I'm pretty slow. Part of the reason I started trying the derby was I like the challenge of having a deadline to work with. It's helping me learn to work a little more efficiently. I think that's certainly a necessary skill when trying a longer term project like a book. It would be a lot of work, but I'd love to try it.

stanwillis

fishbiscuit5 wrote:Adorable scene and impressive digital skills.

Thank you fishbiscuit...love your work

stanwillis

Re: Happiness is a Soft Kitty

You nailed the Schultz style. It's got a very cozy look...really nice design

krittikae

quality posts: 29 Private Messages krittikae
acraigl wrote:Fun! But the offset diamonds not centered over the text on the right side is making my OCD go nuts. Was that the intent of "stressed out"? If so, it's working!!!

Haha no. They look centered on illustrator, I don’t know why they came out wonky in the comp.

Vote!

Follow me here!

kg07

fishbiscuit5 wrote:Great technique. Looks exactly like the book illustrations!

Thanks Fishbiscuit! It was a trial and error process, but I learned a lot working with the layers, textures and halftones trying to replicate the look and feel of the original.

Thirdgeneralkitty

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Thirdgeneralkitty
Re: Taco Bout It

This is great!!!!

MrBignell

Re: Blessed Otter

I get it.

Blessed Otter who hunger and thirst for righTeeness,
for they shall be satisfied.

MrBignell

acraigl wrote:It doesn't matter that you removed it. All artwork needs to be original and not for sale (or sold) on other sites. It's in the spirit of the derby. What would be the point if people only transplanted artwork from other sites?

On that note, you can submit it directly to Woot and hope to land an F contract (Woot will run it, though it exists elsewhere so you keep the rights). In my experience they're given out less than the D contract (same-ish thing, but exclusive to Woot). Given the popularity of this in the derby, I'm sure they'd seriously consider the design.