Back to Amazon.com

caityjean

quality posts: 2 Private Messages caityjean
MrBignell wrote:Love it! Yay dad jokes

Thanks, Mr! Your shirt has certainly 'pop'ed to the top!

simic

quality posts: 24 Private Messages simic
Re: Why did the chicken...

Thanks, poopycakes, jasneko, and MrBignell!

simic

Re: In a Pickle!

Do wooters suddenly love Rick & Morty? Cause I've been waiting for this since 2014.

simic

stanwillis wrote:
Honestly, I'm just kind of unsure as to how to market my own work. I post my design on here and leave it at that.
Without sharing any super secret trade secrets, does anyone advertise outside of the derby to draw business (and votes) in each week? What do you do to develop a following of your own work?

PS...thanks in advance for sharing all your super secret trade secrets. ;)

When it comes to social media:
Twitter is a waste of time.
Facebook is a waste of time, but it feels like it isn't.
Instagram is good, but I don't think anyone goes beyond clicking Like.
(I'm pretty sure most of my followers are other artists.)

I also hassle my friends and family to vote, and I keep them happy by sending them shirts.

cubbiecatz

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cubbiecatz

Love this little chicken.

poopycakes

quality posts: 16 Private Messages poopycakes
Re: Barium

great job! I mentioned it in my blog

poopycakes

so funny! I mentioned it in my blog

poopycakes

Re: I Don't Tell Dad Jokes

lols, gmv

poopycakes

Re: Dad Jokes

it happened! this is awesome MrB. I mentioned it in my blog

poopycakes

Re: No Joke

I need this and I mentioned it in my blog

Narfcake

quality posts: 397 Private Messages Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

stanwillis wrote:...
Without sharing any super secret trade secrets, does anyone advertise outside of the derby to draw business (and votes) in each week? What do you do to develop a following of your own work?

PS...thanks in advance for sharing all your super secret trade secrets. ;)

The drop in activity here has been the biggest detriment to votes (and feedback). With that said, art that captures a Wooter's liking has always been the only answer ... and that is NOT by automatically relying on the latest pop culture reference and/or cats. The tastes are too varied.

There is an ongoing thread under Everything But Woot and over in the forums at meh. I'm pretty inactive on social media; it helps a bit for some, but mostly, the likes remain on their page, not in shirt.woot votes.

FWIW, the two most successful artists here do (did) not rely on any advertising. At all. One was a full-time med major, the other I joke that he doesn't have a working keyboard.

One other thing I can say is be yourself. Artists that have their own style will get recognized.

No.1 rule of online apparel purchases: SIZING CHARTS! Unsure about classic and fitted options at shirt.woot? Comments on the new pricing? Read more about that here.

Do you like (or dislike) what you see at shirt.woot? Choose what prints at shirt.woot! Vote in the derby!
- Note: I am not staff. If you need help with your purchases, contact Support.

stanwillis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stanwillis
Re: A tachyon walks into a bar

Love the lines. Awesome drawing.

stanwillis

Re: Ten Tickles

Thanks a ton for everyone's insight. I really appreciate your time. I've never done much of anything with social media. Aside from my lack of interest in it, it just feels a little overwhelming. I set up an Instagram account and maybe I'll post my entries on there, but ultimately, I think I just need to enjoy drawing. If I can do that, I'll stick with it, learn along the way, and have the reward of drawing for fun.

VollmerTyme

quality posts: 0 Private Messages VollmerTyme

Sweet Shirt how do you vote?

kaemea

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kaemea

As a dyslexic, I so hope this gets printed.

MrBignell

quality posts: 21 Private Messages MrBignell
VollmerTyme wrote:Sweet Shirt how do you vote?

Thanks for the votes and compliments! I'm glad you wooters get my humour.

MrBignell

VollmerTyme wrote:Sweet Shirt how do you vote?

Hey Vollmer. Just click "I'd want one" in the top left above the shirts you like. Happy voting!

MrBignell

Narfcake wrote:

FWIW, the two most successful artists here do (did) not rely on any advertising. At all. One was a full-time med major, the other I joke that he doesn't have a working keyboard.

She's talking about us, Simic. You must be the med student though. I think I'd know if I were in med school.

thatquietgir1

quality posts: 14 Private Messages thatquietgir1
Re: The Raven

This is great, conceptually and illustratively. The one thing that kind of throws me is the two eyes on the one side of the head. I can appreciate the classic simic expression though

thatquietgir1

quality posts: 14 Private Messages thatquietgir1
Re: Bad Grammar Kills

XD thanks guys!

simic

thatquietgir1 wrote:This is great, conceptually and illustratively. The one thing that kind of throws me is the two eyes on the one side of the head. I can appreciate the classic simic expression though

Acraigl said the same thing!

I feel like having both eyes on the same side humanizes the bird more. Originally, the bird was cute and crisp. But it lacked the feeling of paranoia and distress to link it to Poe. So, it is a bit of a hybrid.

acraigl

quality posts: 234 Private Messages acraigl
Re: In a Pickle!

Nice that you're in the fog, but you should know that the design needs to be seen on a shirt or it will be disqualified. See the other entries if you're not sure what I mean.

And if you have any questions just ask!

VOTE >

MrBignell

Re: The Wurst

I live on a very German town. This would kill during Octoberfest.

schlegelse

quality posts: 0 Private Messages schlegelse

How do I upload a new photo? Without deleting this one?

schlegelse

acraigl wrote:Nice that you're in the fog, but you should know that the design needs to be seen on a shirt or it will be disqualified. See the other entries if you're not sure what I mean.

And if you have any questions just ask!

Sorry, this is my first go at this. How do I upload a new picture without deleting this one?

acraigl

schlegelse wrote:Sorry, this is my first go at this. How do I upload a new picture without deleting this one?

You can't. You can try replying the thread with a new comp with the shirt placement and hope that flies. But I can't guarantee it still won't be disqualified. Best bet is to sub a new entry with the correct pictures.

Always a bit of a learning curve first time around. I just didn't want you to be taken by surprise if it was rejected, especially since it's in the fog. But NOT having a placement comp is generally grounds for it.

VOTE >

schlegelse

acraigl wrote:You can't. You can try replying the thread with a new comp with the shirt placement and hope that flies. But I can't guarantee it still won't be disqualified. Best bet is to sub a new entry with the correct pictures.

Always a bit of a learning curve first time around. I just didn't want you to be taken by surprise if it was rejected, especially since it's in the fog. But NOT having a placement comp is generally grounds for it.

So i would have to delete my entry, lose all my votes and try again or post a picture in thread. I'll place a picture in this thread and see if it flys. I used the guide, I just didn't read in the description that the shirt had to be in the picture.

acraigl

schlegelse wrote:So i would have to delete my entry, lose all my votes and try again or post a picture in thread. I'll place a picture in this thread and see if it flys. I used the guide, I just didn't read in the description that the shirt had to be in the picture.

You're not the first to be in a predicament that could result in losing votes. Keep in mind, that if you are DQ'd that you risk losing votes on the new submission by not doing so.

Good luck!

VOTE >

schlegelse

acraigl wrote:You're not the first to be in a predicament that could result in losing votes. Keep in mind, that if you are DQ'd that you risk losing votes on the new submission by not doing so.

Good luck!

When will I find out if I’m DQ’d?

acraigl

schlegelse wrote:When will I find out if I’m DQ’d?

You'll know.

VOTE >

schlegelse

acraigl wrote:You'll know.

Lol, thanks...

acraigl

poopycakes wrote: great job! I mentioned it in my blog

Thanks poopy!

VOTE >

stanwillis

MrBignell wrote:She's talking about us, Simic. You must be the med student though. I think I'd know if I were in med school.

Simic, now that the truth is out...I've got this weird thing on my neck. What is it?

stanwillis

stanwillis wrote:Simic, now that the truth is out...I've got this weird thing on my neck. What is it?

oops...nevermind. My wife just told me it's my head.

larntz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages larntz

My favorite so far!!

Re: Cherry Red

acraigl

Re: Cherry Red

Congrats on the new artist spot! Well deserved!

VOTE >

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 306 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Re: Never Gets Old

Thanks guys ^__^

MrBignell

Re: Donut Want To Be Here

Hehe. This seems very woot appropriate

MrBignell

acraigl wrote:

HA! You make me laugh Acraigl. It's a joke. It's the joke derby. It seems appropriate.

It's not doing well enough to warrant the rejectinator's attention; however, Woot could still run it as an HM. Just for giggles ;) ;).

Narfcake

quality posts: 397 Private Messages Narfcake

Volunteer Moderator

Re: Polar Bear in a Snow Storm

Shirt.woot actually sold this design before, albeit under a different title.
White. Just White.

No.1 rule of online apparel purchases: SIZING CHARTS! Unsure about classic and fitted options at shirt.woot? Comments on the new pricing? Read more about that here.

Do you like (or dislike) what you see at shirt.woot? Choose what prints at shirt.woot! Vote in the derby!
- Note: I am not staff. If you need help with your purchases, contact Support.