curb1510

quality posts: 0 Private Messages curb1510
Re: Catch-22

Love your work here. GMV.

curb1510

quality posts: 0 Private Messages curb1510
Re: Inspired by How to Draw 101 Animals

It just doesn't get any better. S'wonderful. S'marvellous.

nautikal

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nautikal
SydneyB wrote:Hmm, Frodo looks like he is being crucified....

BTW, Lord of the Rings is not a book title. It is the name of the Trilogy.
1. The Fellowship of the Ring
2. The Two Towers
3. The Return of the King.

No... as ClaudiaM said the Lord of the Rings is not actually a trilogy. It's one book.

kunaldo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kunaldo
DeadFrog wrote:thanks, I got so used to how layers work in Flash that trying to do masking in photoshop just frustrates me sometimes.

Thank you everyone for the votes and the advice.

how do you vote?

-kunaldo

woemcat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages woemcat

i freakin' luv this!

littlezilla

quality posts: 0 Private Messages littlezilla

I was VERY sad when I saw who made the top four this week. I was going to throw some money at Woot, but not now!

PLEASE, if you ever print this shirt design elsewhere, let us all know. I'll be happy to pay for this beauty

Shelbyp

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Shelbyp

Oh, how I hope this gets featured! I'll be at shirt.woot at 11pm sharp waiting for its debut with my credit card in hand This is clever and an overall great design. Thanks for the awesome artwork!

McCoush

quality posts: 0 Private Messages McCoush

This is a fantastic shirt. Can't believe single digits count as text. Talk about overzealous!

spacepenguin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spacepenguin
meh3884 wrote:while i agree that the fish theme of shirts is one that wont seem to die, this one has my vote and probably my buy cause 1. i didnt buy any of the previous fish shirts and 2. its the absolute only shirt in this derby that is worth it (not that there aren't other clever, cute, and artful designs, but they dont make for very good shirts IMO)

Agreed, I haven't bought any of the other fish shirts. While I understand that other people who have bought them might be tired of them, that's not any reason to convince everyone to stop making them so the rest of us can't enjoy them too, is it? It's a beautiful shirt, by far my favorite in this derby, and I'm so glad it ended in the fog!

Tyty for not listening to the naysayers and sticking with your design!

giusage80

quality posts: 0 Private Messages giusage80

Wow, how did this NOT win???

This is amazing! Here's to hoping it comes back as an editor's pick.

mishy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mishy
ramyb wrote:...or it could be a series called "How to draw 101," with this particular volume involving animals.

I totally thought this! Understood the design more after reading the description provided by tgentry. I like this shirt a lot, but I don't buy cream colored shirts

JenDupre

quality posts: 19 Private Messages JenDupre

I don't understand. You had the same # of votes as Harry Potter, but I think yours was much nicer.
Sad....

Look forward to your next design.

Jen

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
JenDupre wrote:I don't understand. You had the same # of votes as Harry Potter, but I think yours was much nicer.
Sad....

Look forward to your next design.

Jen

We don't know the number of votes for Harry Potter yet. All we have are estimates. In any case, fourth place designs don't get printed. And if there is a tie for a printed position (first, second or third), Woot has historically resolved the issue by selling both shirts TOGETHER for the price of one (first day only, they go separate again afterwards).

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

beavercow

quality posts: 0 Private Messages beavercow
Re: Inspired by How to Draw 101 Animals

I love bunnies! oh and by the way the color of the pencil is what really caught my eye. Again love the shirt good luck!

OtakuRyu

quality posts: 4 Private Messages OtakuRyu
casey7725 wrote:I hope one of the dragon shirts win because I don’t think I have seen any win since I have been on woot.

There was Circuit Dragon = P
http://shirt.woot.com/Friends.aspx?k=6421

"The maddest of all are those who see the world as it truly is, and not as it should be."
~Don Quixote

“We are shaped and fashioned by what we love.”
~Goethe

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
Re: Inspired by Mostly Harmless

Thanks for the comments everyone. I'm wondering if I should have pen-tooled it.

Xanzibar - it's actually already pretty much the full width. Ah well.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

backpack

quality posts: 0 Private Messages backpack
Re: Inspired by the Call of the Wild

This should have won

ferrellj

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ferrellj

Wow. I was really looking forward to this design. Don't know what people were thinking voting this one out but I guess that's what the voters wanted...

Definitely let us know if you get this printed anywhere else. Hell, I'd even buy the design as a poster, I like it so much. Nice work. Well also keep an eye out for it in future derbies.

bardolator

quality posts: 3 Private Messages bardolator

I love Lewis's work--and I'm an English teacher, though I don't wear tees to school. Might have to buy this if it comes up for sale this weekend. Great job (and I got an additional chuckle out of your choice of green for the witch, when traditionally she'd be the White Witch, because I'm also a Wicked fan--not that that was your intent, but it still made me snicker).

bardolator

quality posts: 3 Private Messages bardolator

LOVE this! My parents' neighbor is a potter, so if this makes it to print I may be picking it up for her for a late Christmas present.

Maeniel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Maeniel

I guess sometimes the Majority means all the idiots are on the same side. I would like this design as a poster or art print myself.

compu829

quality posts: 0 Private Messages compu829
Re: inspired by Where the Wild Things Are

bummer...I really REALLY want this shirt!

sockmonkeygirl

quality posts: 5 Private Messages sockmonkeygirl
Re: Inspired by oby beautiful tulip

"Rejected because: No celebrity likenesses"

unless it is a broccoli. 8p

I bought stuff. Imagine that stuff listed here.
After years of trying, I finally got that Big ol' Cornucopia. Oddly enough, it was filled with..crap. Now that's truth in advertising!

racpolson

quality posts: 0 Private Messages racpolson
tecrat726 wrote:How about using Muhammad, Buddha or Ganesh? Oh, that's right, we don't want to insult other religions...but take your best shot at Christians, because they "turn the other cheek".

I have to say this is great. And I'm a christian. Although not a very righteous one, and I'd wear it to church. I'm not turning the other cheek, but I'm pretty sure God and Jesus has a sense of humor - considering how important laughter is to people and the whole being made in his image thing. I don't think it would work with Buddha, or Muhammad personally - and it's quite funny with Jesus. I too love it with the WWID on the cup. Dang, I wish this had won - I need one for my church small group gift exchange.

Russ E Olson

woemcat

Re: Inspired by Cold Mountain

That's really pretty.

woemcat

Re: Inspired by: Paradise Lost

How fun! I hope you submit on re-do derby.

Tremortime

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Tremortime
Re: Inspired by The Metamorphosis

I love everything about this except I am confused at to whats at the bottom? To me it looks like a childs head with smoke, or else a child's head on a caterpillar's body. But the main part of the shirt is gorgeous! Too bad I didn't see this until after the voting was closed.

Tremortime

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Tremortime
Tremortime wrote:I love everything about this except I am confused at to whats at the bottom? To me it looks like a childs head with smoke, or else a child's head on a caterpillar's body. But the main part of the shirt is gorgeous! Too bad I didn't see this until after the voting was closed.

P.S. I probably should have looked at the title of the piece before making a comment ;)

coffeesplinter

quality posts: 0 Private Messages coffeesplinter
Re: Inspired by The Grapes of Wrath

That is awesome! I love the different kinds of grapes especially the Viking. I want one!!!

route42nj

quality posts: 0 Private Messages route42nj

this is awesome. id buy 3

chicosalt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chicosalt

Absolutely beautiful image. But did you read the book? I'm thinking this isn't the Scarlet Letter as Hawthorne intended. *giggles*

chicosalt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chicosalt

I Want this t shirt!

mybell

quality posts: 4 Private Messages mybell
Re: Inspired by Eclipse

This is cool and I like the swirlies.

yemicculus

quality posts: 1 Private Messages yemicculus
marca2188 wrote:GRRR, so male that this design got knocked down to 7th, it's easily in the top three as far as creativity and artwork go (and I think its great on a shirt too...)

I definitely would've bought this one, it's a shame I missed out on the voting for this derby.

gbmodern

quality posts: 2 Private Messages gbmodern
xxchange wrote:I love this shirt so much! It won't win, but I hope it gets an honorable mention or something so it can come back. I used to love those books as a kid! Wow, does this bring back memories. And it's so cute! Totally won me over. Though I don't think any of those how-to-draw books told you how to stick a pencil in a rabbit's paw.

Well, it won!

Bandrik

quality posts: 87 Private Messages Bandrik

Heya Seki. Just wanted to say that I really liked this design. I don't really mind the comments people have given regarding women and flowing hair to be generic. I feel it's still quite successful, and the color choices work for it in my opinion. They light gray and dark gray provide a very mysterious, under-the-full-moon feel that suits this piece quite well.

While this may be a bit premature without the 3rd place being announced yet, I'm a bit sad this shirt didn't make it. I so wanted this shirt! I'm going to suggest you re-submit it for one of their "close but no cigar" style entries. Maybe you'll get it in sometime?

Also, I really like your next shirts - the Optimistic Courtship in particular. ADORABLE! I hope it wins!

Anyways, thanks again for displaying your entries here. They're quite inspiring.

Take care!
-Bandrik

Icemank91

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Icemank91
Re: Inspired By The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe

Love this one! Hope it gets picked for tomorrow! Great work, a lovely, simple take on a wonderful book. Definitely wanna get one of these for my little siblings!

Lanilas

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lanilas

This looks like Flidais.

samkim32

quality posts: 0 Private Messages samkim32

how can i purchase this shirt?

boekjar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages boekjar
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=25203]Inspired by

I WANT TO BUY IT!