Back to Amazon.com

qetza


quality posts: 3 Private Messages qetza
Re: Tea Soothes the Mind



Thanks guys

spikeani


quality posts: 0 Private Messages spikeani
novels22 wrote:Where did you get the artwork?



This is an old piece I created myself. I am big into anime. So I thought it would be cool to create a new version of Captain Scarlet this time staring his daughter about twenty years into the future. Captain scarlet was the first inspiration second was just getting ideas from the anime I watched.

amanoxford


quality posts: 0 Private Messages amanoxford
novels22 wrote:I don't really think this counts as "vintage"



Umm, yeah *bashful look* it was the middle of the night after a night out drinking when I read the derby theme and apparently the word "vintage" didn't stick, I only noticed it a couple of days later when I came to check my votes, oops!

10141982


quality posts: 0 Private Messages 10141982

very cool design..

briancurtis


quality posts: 0 Private Messages briancurtis
novels22 wrote:Love it! Quick question - is the monkey part of the tee, or the tee comp?



the flying monkey is wearing the shirt

Pixel


quality posts: 2 Private Messages Pixel
Narfcake wrote:I have friends in Portland. There's accuracy in this.


I'm in Portland - there is too much truth in this LOL

I am hoping this makes the cut - I can't wait to buy one.

theco2


quality posts: 140 Private Messages theco2

...

theco2


quality posts: 140 Private Messages theco2
Re: Visit Outside

I would have to buy this for my girlfriend's son. I don't think he even knows how to get outside.

jasneko


quality posts: 33 Private Messages jasneko
Re: Remember us
oakenspirit wrote:I need more jasneko scifi whales in my life- ;)

Aw gee shucks Thanks oakenspirit!




marceepauff


quality posts: 24 Private Messages marceepauff
10141982 wrote:very cool design..



Thanks!

Happy wootoff everyone!

theiking


quality posts: 3 Private Messages theiking
Re: Raggedy Man




I so want this on a poster.

novels22


quality posts: 0 Private Messages novels22
spikeani wrote:This is an old piece I created myself. I am big into anime. So I thought it would be cool to create a new version of Captain Scarlet this time staring his daughter about twenty years into the future. Captain scarlet was the first inspiration second was just getting ideas from the anime I watched.



neat

leslie537


quality posts: 0 Private Messages leslie537

Know your history when you go vintage. The Peace Sign was fashioned around the American Eagle claw. jquinn0516 is right. Make the adjustment and I think you'll do better.

spikeani


quality posts: 0 Private Messages spikeani
sgllama wrote:Captain Scarlet together with a S.H.A.D.O Interceptor? Shouldn't that be an Angel Interceptor?



Guess what, I just watch first episode of UFO and they spelled shadow just SHADOW no periods. That's the seventies for ya.

novels22


quality posts: 0 Private Messages novels22
FoxSonic wrote:The bar of soap in his hand would say to me "Fight Club"



Never seen fight club, so I wouldn't know

novels22


quality posts: 0 Private Messages novels22
amanoxford wrote:Umm, yeah *bashful look* it was the middle of the night after a night out drinking when I read the derby theme and apparently the word "vintage" didn't stick, I only noticed it a couple of days later when I came to check my votes, oops!



thats a funny story. Thats ok. As a futurama nerd, I totally love this. It would be cool if you made a soviet era style poster of MOM and mom corp. Very cool. I will totally vote for that one. I would hurry though.

novels22


quality posts: 0 Private Messages novels22
Re: Tesla Live



LOVE IT

janolin


quality posts: 0 Private Messages janolin

oops

sgllama


quality posts: 0 Private Messages sgllama
spikeani wrote:Guess what, I just watch first episode of UFO and they spelled shadow just SHADOW no periods. That's the seventies for ya.



Yer wot? Straker takes the new guy (was it Foster?) into the underground complex for the first time and points out the logo on the wall: Supreme Headquarters Alien Defence Organisation aka S.H.A.D.O. ! Maybe too much distraction from Ayshea walking past?

sgllama


quality posts: 0 Private Messages sgllama
sgllama wrote:Yer wot? Straker takes the new guy (was it Foster?) into the underground complex for the first time and points out the logo on the wall: Supreme Headquarters Alien Defence Organisation aka S.H.A.D.O. ! Maybe too much distraction from Ayshea walking past?



Hmm, just had a Google around - I swear we had full-stops in the 70's! Its revisionism I tells ya. No, wait - aha!

http://www.ioffer.com/i/ufo-shado-pin-gerry-anderson-tv-show-straker-space-19-514873521

http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=78406&page=8

Phew.

novels22


quality posts: 0 Private Messages novels22
sgllama wrote:Hmm, just had a Google around - I swear we had full-stops in the 70's! Its revisionism I tells ya. No, wait - aha!

http://www.ioffer.com/i/ufo-shado-pin-gerry-anderson-tv-show-straker-space-19-514873521

http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=78406&page=8

Phew.



I did not exist in the 70s. So I really can't follow any of this. The closest thing I know to anime is Ponyo. I LOVE THAT MOVIE.

amanoxford


quality posts: 0 Private Messages amanoxford
theiking wrote:I so want this on a poster.



I'll be making it available on my Society-6 account once this Derby is over since I seem unlikely to win

spikeani


quality posts: 0 Private Messages spikeani
sgllama wrote:Hmm, just had a Google around - I swear we had full-stops in the 70's! Its revisionism I tells ya. No, wait - aha!

http://www.ioffer.com/i/ufo-shado-pin-gerry-anderson-tv-show-straker-space-19-514873521

http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=78406&page=8

Phew.



Only one, They need to bring the fishnet shirts back. LOL I think I need to re watch this show on youtube. I know a weekend marathon with Space 1999. You can't get more vintage than that.

spikeani


quality posts: 0 Private Messages spikeani
novels22 wrote:I did not exist in the 70s. So I really can't follow any of this. The closest thing I know to anime is Ponyo. I LOVE THAT MOVIE.



LMAO, np, I can't keep with these new computer gadgets you kids have. You probably know the anime Dragonball and Naruto Their are plenty of free sites for anime. Also go to Youtube and look up Captain Scarlet, Space 1999, UFO TV series and The thunderbirds. You'll laugh like my daughter did. But it's just crazy guy fun.

manikx66


quality posts: 2 Private Messages manikx66

Nicely done

havensfire


quality posts: 0 Private Messages havensfire
bzbozo wrote:does the French make it better?



I'd probably have gone with "Le Renard Dit Quoi," but I like it anyway!
Good luck!

6amcrisis


quality posts: 4 Private Messages 6amcrisis
Re: Spruce Moose



Nicely done art, great episode

cdrewlow


quality posts: 17 Private Messages cdrewlow
flemtone wrote:So when did Woot go political?



I thought the same thing. I know Woot had a "no politics" derby rule at one time...

EssenGrabow


quality posts: 4 Private Messages EssenGrabow

worldcollider


quality posts: 0 Private Messages worldcollider

Nice I was working on this design idea but never got to finish it. Looks very cool

lyons8804


quality posts: 0 Private Messages lyons8804
cdrewlow wrote:I thought the same thing. I know Woot had a "no politics" derby rule at one time...



When Chris looked back at the way this has been interpreted (from looking at rejections), it looked like they've enforced it when it relates to political parties or individuals. In this particular case, the "gripe" is somewhat bipartisan (even though solutions to the problem are not), which was why I hoped this would fit within Woot's rules. Since it would be a close call, though, we also added a backup entry that more about trust in government, in general. Once the rejectionator came by a couple of times and allowed this one to stand, he deleted the "backup" before the 24-hour limit.

artguyaaron


quality posts: 1 Private Messages artguyaaron
Re: Mother

thanks for the nice comments everyone.

eddythebug


quality posts: 0 Private Messages eddythebug
Re: Join Today!



Me: "Nice, haha, meh, okay, good, nah, . . . Holy crap! Holy crap! It's a Starfighter!"

eddythebug


quality posts: 0 Private Messages eddythebug
Re: Down with the Capitol



Haha. Didn't realize Katnis was a Boy Scout. Guess that's what happens when you don't keep up with the cool stuff (read: get old).

marceepauff


quality posts: 24 Private Messages marceepauff
eddythebug wrote:Haha. Didn't realize Katnis was a Boy Scout. Guess that's what happens when you don't keep up with the cool stuff (read: get old).



Read the books, eddy. They're actually really good. Not like those *ahem* popular vampire *ahem* books.

cmdixon2


quality posts: 21 Private Messages cmdixon2
lyons8804 wrote:When Chris looked back at the way this has been interpreted (from looking at rejections), it looked like they've enforced it when it relates to political parties or individuals. ...



And how does it not relate directly to Obama?

amytobol


quality posts: 3 Private Messages amytobol
Re: Mother



Fire Lizards! :3

omarfeliciano


quality posts: 48 Private Messages omarfeliciano
Re: Titan falling



Very cool design! And right in time for the hype!

iam3footjeep


quality posts: 0 Private Messages iam3footjeep
Re: Visit Outside



what's this outside you speak of?

omarfeliciano


quality posts: 48 Private Messages omarfeliciano
Re: MetroPolice



Awesome design.

Be careful with the copyrighted material...