transformingegg


quality posts: 9 Private Messages transformingegg
Re: Hallowed Nature



Woah! Death/Life contrast done beautifully!

transformingegg


quality posts: 9 Private Messages transformingegg
Re: Dead Pixel



Lol! I love it!

transformingegg


quality posts: 9 Private Messages transformingegg
Re: Postmort-YUMS!



Lol! Funny stuff!

transformingegg


quality posts: 9 Private Messages transformingegg
Re: Dracula's Retirement Plan



Lol! I think he’d need at least 50+ sunscreen though. I’d say he would have spent a lot of time indoors and been up mainly only at night.

Perhaps it’d need to be a “moon tan”

spikeani


quality posts: 0 Private Messages spikeani
Re: Boo the black cat



Thanks have to admit a little shocked by the number of votes. But I will take it. There are so greats designs in this derby. Can't wait to see who wins.

spikeani


quality posts: 0 Private Messages spikeani
Inatangle wrote:Boo to you too! I hope this prints!



hey, tell your husband Happy Birthday and will PM you soon.

ILoveEwe


quality posts: 1 Private Messages ILoveEwe
Re: Halloween Clubhouse



I could easily go on about how good the execution is (it's fantastic), or how you added the perfect amount of detailing to make the scene complete but not cluttered, or how perfectly expressive you made everything.

Instead, I'll just say that everything came together so well in this it just genuinely makes me happy to look at. It's just one of those designs that is so easy to appreciate for the whole composition. Beautiful work

ILoveEwe


quality posts: 1 Private Messages ILoveEwe
Re: Unfriendly Forest



This is such an awesome "spiritual successor" to your design you did last year. I like that you took a similar approach, but put a new spin on it to make a genuinely different design. Really awesome!

ILoveEwe


quality posts: 1 Private Messages ILoveEwe
Re: and they call him Sandy Claws



Just, WOW on that art style.

Your work is so versatile, I have a hard time pinpointing your work week-to-week. I'm consistently just so impressed how seamlessly you can execute very different art styles so well.

I really think you consistently just know how to pick a style that communicates your idea perfectly, (if that makes sense).

Super awesome work on this

ILoveEwe


quality posts: 1 Private Messages ILoveEwe
Re: Boo, Baby, YEAH!



Just...have a nice vote for cracking me up with this.

I love the font work too! It's a good style but still very readable. Nice work

ILoveEwe


quality posts: 1 Private Messages ILoveEwe
Re: Oh Sheet



He's adorable! Poor little guy.

I really like your background choice (the wispy clouds sorta?). It makes the little ghost stand out really well.

ILoveEwe


quality posts: 1 Private Messages ILoveEwe
Re: Costume Party (glow transformation)



This is such an awesome design! I mean, it's great for Halloween, but it feels like a design you can also just wear throughout the year because it's still nice even without the glow-in-the-dark aspect.

This may also sound like an odd comment but I love the layout of your thumbnail and full shirt comp. Often, I find thumbnails can be kind of a pain to make. Does it capture the idea in just a tiny little box? Did I have to shrink part of the design too small that it obscures certain details? I feel like your thumbnail did a lot of justice to the design, before I even clicked to see the full. Sorry for a bit of a random comment, it was just something I really admired

ILoveEwe


quality posts: 1 Private Messages ILoveEwe
Re: Hocus Puffcus!



I thought this looked a bit familiar so I went back to compare and I really love this on the purple shirt! I think it makes the design stand out really well and shows off the style nicely.

It's a great mash-up and I think you "simplified" the movie's source material really well into the "power puff" art style. I also like the title change. Super cute.

acraigl


quality posts: 225 Private Messages acraigl
Re: Oh Sheet



So ironic. :P

VOTE >

Spiritgreen


quality posts: 299 Private Messages Spiritgreen
ILoveEwe wrote:I could easily go on about how good the execution is (it's fantastic), or how you added the perfect amount of detailing to make the scene complete but not cluttered, or how perfectly expressive you made everything.

Instead, I'll just say that everything came together so well in this it just genuinely makes me happy to look at. It's just one of those designs that is so easy to appreciate for the whole composition. Beautiful work



So kind of you to say! With this style I do pay particular attention to the composition reading at all different levels. And I try to find a way to have a lot of little touches that you might notice while still taking the overall scene at a glance. Busy but balanced and with pops of high contrast. That's one of the reasons I don't use color on these. :^)

Very cool that you see that, thanks for your thoughts!

transformingegg


quality posts: 9 Private Messages transformingegg
acraigl wrote:So ironic. :P



Bahahahaha!

Jennzilla


quality posts: 6 Private Messages Jennzilla
ILoveEwe wrote:I thought this looked a bit familiar so I went back to compare and I really love this on the purple shirt! I think it makes the design stand out really well and shows off the style nicely.

It's a great mash-up and I think you "simplified" the movie's source material really well into the "power puff" art style. I also like the title change. Super cute.



Thank you! I also lowered Bubbles' neckline to add a little more familiarity to the original character of Sarah. Subtle changes, but I think they helped a bit.

spikeani


quality posts: 0 Private Messages spikeani
Re: Dead Pixel



Very funny gmv

Spiritgreen


quality posts: 299 Private Messages Spiritgreen
ILoveEwe wrote:
This may also sound like an odd comment but I love the layout of your thumbnail and full shirt comp. Often, I find thumbnails can be kind of a pain to make. Does it capture the idea in just a tiny little box? Did I have to shrink part of the design too small that it obscures certain details? I feel like your thumbnail did a lot of justice to the design, before I even clicked to see the full. Sorry for a bit of a random comment, it was just something I really admired



Oh yeah, it's a pain to choose a thumbnail. I tried just about every zoom and split imaginable before I happened on this one that seemed to work. :D

Thanks ILE!

benjaminleebates


quality posts: 18 Private Messages benjaminleebates
Re: Loan Van



This is currently in the catalog for sale. How can this be up for voting as well?

You can find my shirts for sale HERE or THERE!

poopycakes


quality posts: 12 Private Messages poopycakes
Re: camisa de los muertos



I would buy this it's beautiful and unusual

paxdomino


quality posts: 9 Private Messages paxdomino
Re: Unfriendly Forest



Thanks for the great feedback, everyone! I spent waay too much time on it, trying to get the right balance of creepy, fun and mystery. I'm really glad you like it!

acraigl


quality posts: 225 Private Messages acraigl
Re: Edgar Allan Polka Dots



No photos (or tracings) allowed, FYI. This might (should) get rejected.

VOTE >

acraigl


quality posts: 225 Private Messages acraigl
benjaminleebates wrote:This is currently in the catalog for sale. How can this be up for voting as well?



VOTE >

acraigl


quality posts: 225 Private Messages acraigl
ILoveEwe wrote:Just...have a nice vote for cracking me up with this.

I love the font work too! It's a good style but still very readable. Nice work



Thanks! Appreciate that.

VOTE >

Inatangle


quality posts: 149 Private Messages Inatangle
Re: Internal Organs



Ha-ha! How did I miss this one? gmv

Inatangle


quality posts: 149 Private Messages Inatangle
Re: Super Scared



It's a bird... it's a plane.... it's.... SUPER SCARED!

Inatangle


quality posts: 149 Private Messages Inatangle
Re: There's something strange with your shirt



Ummmm.... Simic? You don't look like you are feeling very well... lol

transformingegg


quality posts: 9 Private Messages transformingegg
Inatangle wrote:Ha-ha! How did I miss this one? gmv



Lots of entries in this derby! Easy to miss some (even with your very keen eye!)

kg07


quality posts: 12 Private Messages kg07
thatquietgir1 wrote:Ha ha, you are not alone here, I had it on repeat while working on this derby. As popular as it's become, there's no denying this movie is a masterpiece. And this design.. just wow! Amazing work, gmv


Thanks! Your designs in this derby are very good (as always). best of luck!





kg07


quality posts: 12 Private Messages kg07
ILoveEwe wrote:Just, WOW on that art style.

Your work is so versatile, I have a hard time pinpointing your work week-to-week. I'm consistently just so impressed how seamlessly you can execute very different art styles so well.

I really think you consistently just know how to pick a style that communicates your idea perfectly, (if that makes sense).

Super awesome work on this



Thanks so much for the positive feedback! There are so many great designs in this derby that I have barely had time to look through half of them, but it is nice to get such a positive response- especially from the other artists on the site.





ste7enl


quality posts: 18 Private Messages ste7enl
Re: Unfriendly Forest



One of the most gorgeous derby entries I have seen in ages

Vorspiell


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Vorspiell
Re: Chainsawrus



Rad!!

Wammie


quality posts: 29 Private Messages Wammie
Re: Frank?



Well, after sitting back and derby watching for what seems like forever I finally decided to get off the couch and join the race. I'm a little out of practice with the whole "digital" art thing. I'm more of a pen/pencil and a sketchbook or random scraps of paper kind of gal. I'm probably the last mare to the gate in this race but hey just think of the odds on a late newbie entering a race. You could buy a house, well maybe a dollhouse, on the winnings on that bet .

I'm hoping I did everything right. It took forever to figure out how to get those submit files down to under 500k. Then when I figured it out I just sat there and shook my head at how easy it was and laughed at how long it took to see the option (duh).

I'm already looking forward to the next derby . Really going to try to not be this late again. I might have to give myself an incentive. If I get it submitted on day one then I can have a whole bag of candy. If I submit it on day six then I have to eat SPAM. Oh wait, I actually like SPAM....but I do like candy a lot more - lol .

Sometimes a Bag-of-Crap is just a bag-of-CRAP.

x19

flemtone


quality posts: 17 Private Messages flemtone
Re: Edgar Allan Polka Dots


I was going to ask about that. Do they not even check any more? I've seen a fair number of photos come down the line recently. Ye Olde Rejectionator must need a tune-up.

dmjohnson


quality posts: 0 Private Messages dmjohnson
Re: Halloween Clubhouse



I'm ready to buy two! We also have the pirate ship and haunted housework, but they are getting worn from so much wear. Are those available to buy also? Thanks!!! I look for a new shirt with these little ghosties every year, easily my favorite shirts of the season!

acraigl


quality posts: 225 Private Messages acraigl
Wammie wrote:Well, after sitting back and derby watching for what seems like forever I finally decided to get off the couch and join the race. I'm a little out of practice with the whole "digital" art thing. I'm more of a pen/pencil and a sketchbook or random scraps of paper kind of gal. I'm probably the last mare to the gate in this race but hey just think of the odds on a late newbie entering a race. You could buy a house, well maybe a dollhouse, on the winnings on that bet .

I'm hoping I did everything right. It took forever to figure out how to get those submit files down to under 500k. Then when I figured it out I just sat there and shook my head at how easy it was and laughed at how long it took to see the option (duh).

I'm already looking forward to the next derby . Really going to try to not be this late again. I might have to give myself an incentive. If I get it submitted on day one then I can have a whole bag of candy. If I submit it on day six then I have to eat SPAM. Oh wait, I actually like SPAM....but I do like candy a lot more - lol .



Welcome! You've shown some courage entering for the first time into the Halloween derby -- one of the most popular for artists and voters alike!

Don't hesitate to ask questions if you have 'em. We were all first timers once!

VOTE >

Spiritgreen


quality posts: 299 Private Messages Spiritgreen
dmjohnson wrote:I'm ready to buy two! We also have the pirate ship and haunted housework, but they are getting worn from so much wear. Are those available to buy also? Thanks!!! I look for a new shirt with these little ghosties every year, easily my favorite shirts of the season!



Aw man, that's awesome to hear. Thanks and I'll try to draw these at least once a year.

Haunted Housework and Shipmates are available in the all designs catalog if yours ever wear out. ^__^

thatquietgir1


quality posts: 12 Private Messages thatquietgir1
Inatangle wrote:As soon as I saw this I thought it was fog worthy... glad it is in it!



Thanks so much

thatquietgir1


quality posts: 12 Private Messages thatquietgir1
cubbiecatz wrote:Love it. Favorite movie. GMV.



Tysm!