blazer10777

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blazer10777
Re: Because I love you

Nothing says love like a little, dead rodent. <3

thatquietgir1

quality posts: 11 Private Messages thatquietgir1
acraigl wrote:FWIW, with the 2 new sales launched today, there's 141 different shirt options available, not including the shirt-off.

I also think with the way they have been advertising the side sales lately (an illustration or banner created by woot, often that doesn't even show any of the designs featured in the sale) must hurt sales as well. I would think showing people more of what they can actually buy on the main page would be more profitable, but I'm no marketing expert.

oakenspirit

quality posts: 114 Private Messages oakenspirit
Re: Someday We'll Find It

Thanks so much everyone! Glad you dig it-
I adore the song and it feels more timely than ever.

acraigl

quality posts: 220 Private Messages acraigl
Re: Catfish Academy

This didn't quite get the love (SWIDT?) that I thought it would, but I love all my children, so I might be biased. But thanks to those that voted for. Hoping to see it in a HM sale next Monday.

Good luck to those in the fog!

MrBignell

quality posts: 16 Private Messages MrBignell

Lots of great designs and volume of votes this week. Awesome

spikeani

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spikeani
thatquietgir1 wrote:I also think with the way they have been advertising the side sales lately (an illustration or banner created by woot, often that doesn't even show any of the designs featured in the sale) must hurt sales as well. I would think showing people more of what they can actually buy on the main page would be more profitable, but I'm no marketing expert.

Ah yes, another good point. these views are great but how about some votes. Lol

cinyum

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cinyum
Re: love cruise

This is really nice! I'd definitely want one!

ShimmyTees

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ShimmyTees
Re: Peas and Love

Thanks for the votes folks! If any of you more experienced designers have any feedback or advice, I’d really appreciate it for future submissions!

caityjean

quality posts: 2 Private Messages caityjean
ShimmyTees wrote:Thanks for the votes folks! If any of you more experienced designers have any feedback or advice, I’d really appreciate it for future submissions!

Just have to get the design in earlier. This was a cool illustration and if it was in closer to the Derby opening I bet more people would have seen it. Most "serious" designers upload literally the second the clock changes to noon CST for maximum vote opportunities.
And the biggest bit of advice that helped me, not that yours is having any trouble in this department, is just to make it wearable. A design can be cute or fit the theme but if its not something an average person would want to wear or if it requires explanation theres no point in spending time on it. Thats just general advice I'm throwing out into the void and not directed at you.

lalouque

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lalouque
kg07 wrote:Really like the stylized art here. It freaks me out a bit the Howard Stern is kissing that girl, but got my vote anyway.

Really? I thought it was Tommy Wiseau.

benjaminleebates

quality posts: 18 Private Messages benjaminleebates
lalouque wrote:Really? I thought it was Tommy Wiseau.

Now Harry's mom will need the #metoo
Kinda necrophilia there.

You can find my shirts for sale HERE or THERE!

ShimmyTees

caityjean wrote:Just have to get the design in earlier. This was a cool illustration and if it was in closer to the Derby opening I bet more people would have seen it. Most "serious" designers upload literally the second the clock changes to noon CST for maximum vote opportunities.
And the biggest bit of advice that helped me, not that yours is having any trouble in this department, is just to make it wearable. A design can be cute or fit the theme but if its not something an average person would want to wear or if it requires explanation theres no point in spending time on it. Thats just general advice I'm throwing out into the void and not directed at you.

Thanks very much!! Greatly appreciated!! I’ll try and get the next derby designs uploaded a little quicker!!

Also, it’d be good to know if there’s any sort of etiquette on how many submissions we throw into the ring for each derby? So long as they fit the theme, is it usually acceptable within the community to submit a few designs at once?

caityjean

quality posts: 2 Private Messages caityjean
ShimmyTees wrote:Thanks very much!! Greatly appreciated!! I’ll try and get the next derby designs uploaded a little quicker!!

Also, it’d be good to know if there’s any sort of etiquette on how many submissions we throw into the ring for each derby? So long as they fit the theme, is it usually acceptable within the community to submit a few designs at once?

I think a few designs is good as long as they're thought out and executed in a skillful way that meets the challenge. Quality over quantity for sure! I know some upload a ton just to try to get exposure and hope something captures votes but its better to spend more time on fewer designs than just pump rushed designs out like crazy.

ShimmyTees

caityjean wrote:I think a few designs is good as long as they're thought out and executed in a skillful way that meets the challenge. Quality over quantity for sure! I know some upload a ton just to try to get exposure and hope something captures votes but its better to spend more time on fewer designs than just pump rushed designs out like crazy.

Gochya! Thankya kindly for the info!