Back to Amazon.com

thatrobert

quality posts: 50 Private Messages thatrobert

ShimmyTees

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ShimmyTees
MrBignell wrote:Ha! Awesome. +1

Thank you mate, I appreciate that!!

I’m a big fan of your designs!! Loving the Watchmen pin badges this week - they’re superb!

anishell

quality posts: 0 Private Messages anishell

tobefonseca

quality posts: 2 Private Messages tobefonseca
acraigl wrote:Love the style!

You're very kind, thank you my friend.

anishell

Re: Luke it's me...

He wants to be Luke's hero. But
not knowing how to break the news to him that he's his father, Darth Vader decides to puts on a second mask, thinking a hero needs his looks...
"Luke it's me! Your father!", said the Darth Vader.
"Noooooo!!", said the young Skywalker.
Poor Darth Vader...

Shirt design with 6 colors

Originally I was gonna include Luke but then I decided against it even though I really think it would be nice. But since this submission was in late in the derby, I thought I send it now than submit a later version. If I have time, maybe I'll post the finished version…

Any thoughts are appreciated!

flemtone

quality posts: 17 Private Messages flemtone
Re: chuck returns

This is brilliant! Well done indeed.

ShimmyTees

Re: Mama Bear

This is brilliant! Love your style man! +1

acraigl

quality posts: 234 Private Messages acraigl
anishell wrote:"Luke it's me! Your father!", said the Darth Vader.
"Noooooo!!", said the young Skywalker.
Poor Darth Vader. The last thing he ever wanted was to show his only son that he can be a hero...

Shirt design with 6 colors

Originally I was gonna include Luke but then I decided against it even though I really think it would be nice. But since this submission was in late in the derby, I thought I send it now than submit a later version. If I have time, maybe I'll post the finished version…

Any thoughts are appreciated!

Sounds like you're looking for some feedback?

- Stylistically, it's pretty good. The treatment is similar to other artists here so in general, you're in good shape
- Star Wars kills around here, so you've picked a popular subject to start.
- I think the design needs more context. I don't really get the narrative, nor do I understand why DV is wearing a Mario mask and holding a flower. Honestly, I don't even follow the comment you made above.
- IMO, the single, vertical character on the shirt is not a great layout. I think this can be resolved with more context (as noted above) and a more thoughtful placement and/or characters.

Hope that helps! Welcome to the derby (I noticed that's spelled incorrectly in your signature, BTW), and feel free to ask questions as you get rolling. Good luck!

VOTE >

Sulinarian

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Sulinarian
Polychrome wrote:Spoilers!

Shhhh!

Actually, I'm wondering how closely the movie will follow the print. They've already changed quite a bit and I'm afraid that *possible spoiler* Nebula won't get to wield the gauntlet. I'm not particularly fond of her cinematic persona vs. print, but she's still one of my favorites and has been since the Infinity Union.

TMI. Sorry. :P

Sulinarian

ShimmyTees wrote:I love the halftones in this! Really clever work!

I'm not so sure I deserve credit for being clever, but thanks all the same. I appreciate the kind words. :D

BTW:

Technically speaking, they're not real halftones; it's what's referred to as a "dither pattern".

Sulinarian

Re: smorgasbord of the flies

I think this is frickin' hilarious , as does my wife.

Well done!

mcobutte

quality posts: 20 Private Messages mcobutte
Re: chuck returns

O good grief, brilliant. Dr Lucy must be in trouble

krittikae

quality posts: 29 Private Messages krittikae
Re: Captain Mullet

Hahahahahhahahaha +1

Vote!

Follow me here!

anishell

acraigl wrote:Sounds like you're looking for some feedback?

- Stylistically, it's pretty good. The treatment is similar to other artists here so in general, you're in good shape
- Star Wars kills around here, so you've picked a popular subject to start.
- I think the design needs more context. I don't really get the narrative, nor do I understand why DV is wearing a Mario mask and holding a flower. Honestly, I don't even follow the comment you made above.
- IMO, the single, vertical character on the shirt is not a great layout. I think this can be resolved with more context (as noted above) and a more thoughtful placement and/or characters.

Hope that helps! Welcome to the derby (I noticed that's spelled incorrectly in your signature, BTW), and feel free to ask questions as you get rolling. Good luck!

Thanks for the feedback! Ah I should of went with the idea of planting a superman sticker on Darth Vader's chest. Oh well next time maybe.

Spelling corrected! Thanks for catching that.

parrotworks

quality posts: 17 Private Messages parrotworks
flemtone wrote:This is brilliant! Well done indeed.

Thanks for taking the time to appreciate and comment. It’s an uphill battle in the cat-eat-cat world of woot.

chachachino

quality posts: 1 Private Messages chachachino
Re: Phantasmic

Really like this one. Looks ready to wear. I'd expect some compliments wearing this design.

midgerock

quality posts: 6 Private Messages midgerock
ShimmyTees wrote:This is brilliant! Love your style man! +1

Thank you ShimmyTees!

ShimmyTees

Sulinarian wrote:Technically speaking, they're not real halftones; it's what's referred to as a "dither pattern".

Ahh okay, interesting!! You learn something new everyday - I’ll have to do a little research on that technique because it looks fantastic! I’d love to see how it prints!

acraigl

ShimmyTees wrote:Ahh okay, interesting!! You learn something new everyday - I’ll have to do a little research on that technique because it looks fantastic! I’d love to see how it prints!

Dithering is traditionally a way to provide an optical effect of more colors with a very limited color palette. Think gifs from the 90s and early 2000s, if that helps.

It's not an alternate halftone technique per se, but would likely be fine for digital printing. Sulinarian seems to be pretty dialed into the screen print process, but I think he'd agree it would challenging to screen print this as is.

VOTE >

ShimmyTees

acraigl wrote:Dithering is traditionally a way to provide an optical effect of more colors with a very limited color palette. Think gifs from the 90s and early 2000s, if that helps.

It's not an alternate halftone technique per se, but would likely be fine for digital printing. Sulinarian seems to be pretty dialed into the screen print process, but I think he'd agree it would challenging to screen print this as is.

Gochya!! Cheers for the info acraigl, good to know!!

kg07

quality posts: 14 Private Messages kg07
oakenspirit wrote:<3

Thanks!

kg07

quality posts: 14 Private Messages kg07
oneshoeoff wrote:So nice! Would definitely get one for my 8 year old (who can't walk past a stump without jumping on it and quoting this line... that or the Gettysburg address... he's an interesting kid. ) Anyway, love it +1.

Thanks! It was a fun design to draw and I will keep my fingers crossed for an honorable mention printing. There are so many awesome designs this week that it is a long shot.

mcobutte

quality posts: 20 Private Messages mcobutte
Re: Neighborhood Heros

Interesting body cam

ckulf372

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ckulf372

She's JurasSICK of crime!

Re: The Paleontologist

flemtone

quality posts: 17 Private Messages flemtone
parrotworks wrote:Thanks for taking the time to appreciate and comment. It’s an uphill battle in the cat-eat-cat world of woot.

I tend to shy away from shirts featuring Vader, coffee, sloths, 'procrastination', tacos, penguins or cats (except Pip and Kitteh, of course) - they seem to be the 'low-hanging fruit' of the t-shirt design universe. Your design really works. It should be higher on the poll, imho.

But hey, what do I know? I can't draw a straight line with a ruler!

poopycakes

quality posts: 16 Private Messages poopycakes
fishbiscuit5 wrote:Looks like we had similar thoughts for this theme. Well done on yours as well!

just saw this, cheers :D

stevegoll68

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stevegoll68
Re: Central City Speedsters

Well... just when I thought I latched on to something people on here would like... you guys prove me wrong (and right) again. Grrrr.....

MrBignell

quality posts: 21 Private Messages MrBignell
simic wrote:Thanks everyone! And Oh Em Gee! I just noticed that I misspelled "Divine".
(Is there any way to fix that, woot?)

Haha, We're all so wrapped up in your attention to detail in the illustration, we didn't notice the typo.

acraigl

Re: Hidden Panther

I really like this one. Reminds me of the lino cut prints I used to do in college. I think the rectangle layout is working against you a bit here (for a shirt, anyway), but this is super-strong.

VOTE >