dudulook

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dudulook

like the design,,, thinking....

Barnhill5

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Barnhill5
markmoose wrote:i like this.

link to the fog entries so i know which derby entry i ought to buy?

http://shirt.woot.com/Blog/ViewEntry.aspx?Id=6056

patarroyo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages patarroyo

Just a quick note to the woot peeps:

da da da DUMM is the opening to Beethoven's Fifth.

More appropriate would have been:

_______ da da
_____ da____ da
da da _________ da_________ da da
_________________da ____ da___________dada
___________________da da

the opening to the "Ode to Joy" portion of the 4th movement of the 9th Symphony, which was the song Alex loved so much in the film version of A Clockwork Orange.

tuco57

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tuco57

One of the few I really liked in this derby and so glad it won.
Great design!
Definitely in for one XL...

joebeimon

quality posts: 4 Private Messages joebeimon

I took a woman out to a first date to see this movie..... never saw her again.... tough getting past that first scene.....Droogies ruined it for me...Like this shirt, but I think I would it'd be a little creepy feeling inside to even wear it in public. Scarred for life. Better Book! This could be a Cover.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

lrpnoi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lrpnoi

I have no idea where it's from, but i just like how it looks. thanks!

joebeimon

bebo144 wrote:A clockwork orange reference? If it isn't then I dont get the shirt...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Clockwork_Orange#Other_adaptations

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

Gacktite

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Gacktite

All I wanted was Purple Rain...

Damn it, Dustin Hoffman.

ryudeshi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ryudeshi

I really like.. but I need to watch my budget =[

I will buy rain man if it gets 2nd or 3rd.

joebeimon

AtopMtOlympus wrote:Moi golova! I watched this movie again after taking a few semesters of Russian and spending a summer there and realized that all those crazy words they say are Russian. It made the effort to learn a language I have little to no use for totally worth it.

DIdn't know that ... read the whole book before I realized there was a glossary in the back. Once finished I found it of course and wow, it all made such sense. Musta been the orange double barrel.

bebo144

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bebo144
joebeimon wrote:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Clockwork_Orange#Other_adaptations

Whats the wikipedia link for? I know what the film is and have seen it multiple times. I was merely asking if my suspicions were correct about it being a reference to the film.

thebassman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thebassman
thejakeyl88 wrote:Because the derbies are a big part of the woot community here and theres always people, lots of them, every single night asking or complaining about the same things over and over and over and over... After months of this or even in less time, of seeing that clog up the forums, you start to wonder about questions just like that. Theres more to woot than just coming to look at the shirt on the front page. A lot more goes into it and it gets frustrating when so many others don't care or act like its as simple as just looking. Thats just the best way I can explain it at least.

To be fair, it's not totally obvious that the derbies go on behind the scene. I'm not as well wooted as you, but I can certainly see how it would be confusing. I read all the shirt.woot blog posts, etc, but it's never made overly obvious how exactly the derbies work, when and where to submit, when and where to vote, etc. It's not necessarily a bad thing, as it keeps the whole process somewhat limited to those that buy a majority of the shirts. But admittedly, it took me a while to figure it out once I realized the existence of shirt.woot (being that I'm not american, and this is the only woot subdomain that ships outside of the US). Unless/until shirt.woot makes the process more obvious, I think we can expect a fair number of these types of questions from people that either don't care, or can't figure the whole shirt.woot derby thing out...

joebeimon

thejakeyl88 wrote:Because the derbies are a big part of the woot community here and theres always people, lots of them, every single night asking or complaining about the same things over and over and over and over... After months of this or even in less time, of seeing that clog up the forums, you start to wonder about questions just like that. Theres more to woot than just coming to look at the shirt on the front page. A lot more goes into it and it gets frustrating when so many others don't care or act like its as simple as just looking. Thats just the best way I can explain it at least.

Good Job Jackyl !!! I salute you! Well put.

klswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klswoot

Congratulations on the 1st place win. Impressive vote totals. Is this the highest voted design so far? If so, double-congratulations!

bebo144

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bebo144

Sorry for causing you so much frustration and trivializing something that is obviously important to you.

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
klswoot wrote:Congratulations on the 1st place win. Impressive vote totals. Is this the highest voted design so far? If so, double-congratulations!

I just checked the stats on Shirts on Sale here. Yes, a new record!

Orange Clockwork displaces Treacherous Waters v2 as the most voted shirt. Let's see if it can make a better run of it in sales though.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

Zombeh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Zombeh

Wooted, really liked this one, glad to see it won.

shirt.woots: 12

Razor1973

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Razor1973

Very, very nice design. I like how it's not all cramped in the center of the front. I like designs that drip to the sides, top, bottom, etc.

In for one.

eatingjuice

quality posts: 7 Private Messages eatingjuice

Hmm... Love the movie and love the design. Debating if I should pick this one up.

Congrats!

Twehman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Twehman

I41

No hesitating, love this shirt.

Lhymes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lhymes

Great shirt. Didnt even have to think about it.

Itsandymann

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Itsandymann

nice design, but the top spiraling gear seems way out of place. cool, but not for me.

aasberry

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aasberry

Definitely a fan. I had it in mind to buy the shirt even before I realized it was a clockwork orange reference.

Awesome design with a reference to a badass movie

antiquated

quality posts: 0 Private Messages antiquated

the doctor is sick is a much better novel.

but

well well well
well well well well well
well well well well
if it isn't little alex
long time no viddy droog
how goes?

ABHolt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ABHolt

I like the design but I not a big fan of the movie. Guess I'm not much of a Stanley Kubrick fan.

p4labduhl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages p4labduhl

sorry to tell you this jakeyl bro

but nobody cares about your elitist derby clique

and, for most people, there isnt more to woot than loading the page and seeing what is offered today

jjang

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jjang

Congrats. In for one.

alftuba

quality posts: 3 Private Messages alftuba

To Shirt.Woot writer(s):

EXCELLENT job on to "description" narrative. You seem to really capture the essence of Burgess' language (as opposed to just slipping the nonsense words in randomly and hoping it fits, like so many other people try to do when imitating this style). Very enjoyable!

HeidiAnn67

quality posts: 0 Private Messages HeidiAnn67

Love the Movie
Love the Shirt

I've been waiting all week to buy this
I'm so happy it took First

knightry

quality posts: 2 Private Messages knightry

Great shirt design! My first shirt.woot purchase in a few months. Thanks for this one.

slomer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages slomer

I love the movie and unlike most of the designs this one shouldn't have to be explained to be understood by anyone who has seen it. In for 1.

wizll

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wizll

neat. makes a good halloween shirt. ha.

Ebrake06

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Ebrake06

In for one me droogies!

derekfilley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages derekfilley

Holy carp... this got a ton of votes.

Check out my blog:Here!

LesReed

quality posts: 1 Private Messages LesReed

I really like this shirt, but I had never even heard of this movie before the derby. I don't like to wear shirts that I have no real explanation for. It is a great looking shirt though.

realitytwist

quality posts: 0 Private Messages realitytwist
AtopMtOlympus wrote:Moi golova! I watched this movie again after taking a few semesters of Russian and spending a summer there and realized that all those crazy words they say are Russian. It made the effort to learn a language I have little to no use for totally worth it.

not russian, nadsat

as for the shirt, nicely done, simple and elegant. i've been waiting for a black shirt, but this is a bit too campy for me. i'm an artsy farter, so i'm waiting for crouching tiger or apocalypse, at least one of them will print. but considering you got so many votes, you're bound to sell out! congrats!

friends are just enemies who don't have the guts to kill you

realitytwist

quality posts: 0 Private Messages realitytwist
p4labduhl wrote:sorry to tell you this jakeyl bro

but nobody cares about your elitist derby clique

and, for most people, there isnt more to woot than loading the page and seeing what is offered today

derby clique? seriously? the derbies aren't elitist, they're made available to anyone with a woot account, which are obviously free. they're a way for artists to submit their masterpieces and for the woot community to express which ones they feel should print. it's not elitist, it's not clique, it's perfect democracy, don't be stupid.

friends are just enemies who don't have the guts to kill you

Itwdswafo

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Itwdswafo

I41 the moment I saw it, Awesome design!

Jestik

quality posts: 50 Private Messages Jestik

Fantastic design. Great job, Iso.

congrats on the all-time vote count as well. Hopefully the sales will follow!

thejakeyl88

quality posts: 16 Private Messages thejakeyl88
realitytwist wrote:derby clique? seriously? the derbies aren't elitist, they're made available to anyone with a woot account, which are obviously free. they're a way for artists to submit their masterpieces and for the woot community to express which ones they feel should print. it's not elitist, it's not clique, it's perfect democracy, don't be stupid.

I was going to reply, but you already beat me to the punch. Well said!

If I don't see you no more in this world, I betcha on the next one you'll know me! Don't be late!