seekayeff

quality posts: 0 Private Messages seekayeff
realitytwist wrote:derby clique? seriously? the derbies aren't elitist, they're made available to anyone with a woot account, which are obviously free. they're a way for artists to submit their masterpieces and for the woot community to express which ones they feel should print. it's not elitist, it's not clique, it's perfect democracy, don't be stupid.

I'll second that - and i was really pulling for the purple rain and loved the gremlins!

byrbwr

quality posts: 3 Private Messages byrbwr

well, let's not get carried away by calling them 'masterpieces'.

drVox

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drVox

This shirt tells the world: “I have a twenty-first chapter! Did you know that? It’s true!”

this made me crack up. I love this book.

blackmanoncampus

quality posts: 1 Private Messages blackmanoncampus
bebo144 wrote:Whats the wikipedia link for? I know what the film is and have seen it multiple times. I was merely asking if my suspicions were correct about it being a reference to the film.

Dont worry Bebo144 i totally thought the same thing as soon as i seen the shirt - definitely a clockwork orange idea

crazychinaman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages crazychinaman

Well...almost every one of the shirts i've bought have been Derby shirts...
But I think he was originally talking about how the Derby doesn't have a direct link on the shirt.woot homepage...you kinda gotta know it's at shirt.woot/derby

- Wooted -

• Book of Crap 11/4/05
  • Book of Crap 12/25/05
  • Pioneer 1000 Watt 5.1 Surround Sound System
  • Adaptec GameBridge 1440
  • Razer Pro|Tone m100
  • Mio C720T
  • High Peak Sleeping Bagx2
  • Energizer Hardcase Tactical Flashlight
  • Philips Prestigo Remote
  • Screaming Glow-in-the-Dark Monkey with Woot Cape

nathangey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nathangey

carp! no money and the button is bouncing.

Quicksilver4648

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Quicksilver4648

I might actually but this. Great design. I am going to think about it for a second.

HEDWARDS0006

quality posts: 0 Private Messages HEDWARDS0006

Great Shirt! but I cant believe it beat Rain Man.

mollib

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mollib
crazychinaman wrote:Well...almost every one of the shirts i've bought have been Derby shirts...
But I think he was originally talking about how the Derby doesn't have a direct link on the shirt.woot homepage...you kinda gotta know it's at shirt.woot/derby

They derbies ARE linked off the main page. Right below the two pics of what's on wine.woot and regular woot, there is a little block of text. Right now the header says, "SHIRT.WOOT DERBY IS CLOSED" (it changes depending on what state the derby is in). Clicking on that block of text below the header will always take you to the derby.

Granted, it could be bigger, but it's always there, announcing the status of the derby. And I know that a lot of people don't participate in the derbies - voting, submitting, etc. But given that three out of seven shirts, every single week, mention something about number of derby votes (1st place in Derby #61: Movie Titles Re-Interpreted, with 1172 votes!), I have to imagine that more people than not are aware of the derbies. Given this shirt's vote count, many of those are participating, too, which is great.

Congrats on the print! It's a simple, clean design. Very nice. And congrats on the early sell out, too. Looks like it's imminent

sailstud25

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sailstud25
p4labduhl wrote:sorry to tell you this jakeyl bro

but nobody cares about your elitist derby clique

and, for most people, there isnt more to woot than loading the page and seeing what is offered today

wow, you guys sure post in the forum a lot for just loading the page and seeing what is offered today, very convincing...

Hmm, just went in for 3 Randoms, when I haven't bought any shirts lately (although still checking frequently) so what are the chances of liking them!?! Oh well, couldn't pass up the mystery!
...a number of shirts on teetrade.com

crazychinaman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages crazychinaman
mollib wrote:They derbies ARE linked off the main page. Right below the two pics of what's on wine.woot and regular woot, there is a little block of text. Right now the header says, "SHIRT.WOOT DERBY IS CLOSED" (it changes depending on what state the derby is in). Clicking on that block of text below the header will always take you to the derby.

Granted, it could be bigger, but it's always there, announcing the status of the derby. And I know that a lot of people don't participate in the derbies - voting, submitting, etc. But given that three out of seven shirts, every single week, mention something about number of derby votes (1st place in Derby #61: Movie Titles Re-Interpreted, with 1172 votes!), I have to imagine that more people than not are aware of the derbies. Given this shirt's vote count, many of those are participating, too, which is great.

Congrats on the print! It's a simple, clean design. Very nice. And congrats on the early sell out, too. Looks like it's imminent

Honestly, I don't think I've ever seen that link...I've just always known where the derby is...huh. Weird.
I LOVE the book (the movie could be better ;) but I've got too many black shirts...if only it'd been on brown atleast...ohh well.

- Wooted -

• Book of Crap 11/4/05
  • Book of Crap 12/25/05
  • Pioneer 1000 Watt 5.1 Surround Sound System
  • Adaptec GameBridge 1440
  • Razer Pro|Tone m100
  • Mio C720T
  • High Peak Sleeping Bagx2
  • Energizer Hardcase Tactical Flashlight
  • Philips Prestigo Remote
  • Screaming Glow-in-the-Dark Monkey with Woot Cape

ExoCorsair

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ExoCorsair

Wow, I bought this shirt like 5 minutes ago and then went back to the site just now to see it sold out....

Great shirt, though.

mollib

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mollib
ExoCorsair wrote:Wow, I bought this shirt like 5 minutes ago and then went back to the site just now to see it sold out....

Great shirt, though.

Ditto! I decided to get it, got my receipt, went back to the main page... all sold out! Lucky us

AeroSquid

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AeroSquid

gah sold out already! i just woke up, not fair! :p

2thFairy

quality posts: 3 Private Messages 2thFairy

Congrats on the quick sellout!

ivoryice

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ivoryice

You people need to stop buying these things before 6 a.m. EST.

Just kidding.

xliveon4everx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xliveon4everx

This shirt Rocks, I got me one!

peteswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages peteswoot
ivoryice wrote:You people need to stop buying these things before 6 a.m. EST.

Just kidding.

sold out at 9:30 EST

hegemon13

quality posts: 1 Private Messages hegemon13

It would better if it were just gears. The orange just makes it stupid.

butonbandit11

quality posts: 0 Private Messages butonbandit11
hegemon13 wrote:It would better if it were just gears. The orange just makes it stupid.

The theme for the derby is movie titles. Without the orange it wouldn't be A Clockwork Orange

yankeebird

quality posts: 7 Private Messages yankeebird
hegemon13 wrote:It would better if it were just gears. The orange just makes it stupid.

You're totally right. The orange just ruins the reference to "A Clockwork Orange". It would make so much more sense without it.

Slydon

quality posts: 19 Private Messages Slydon

Staff

patarroyo wrote:Just a quick note to the woot peeps:

da da da DUMM is the opening to Beethoven's Fifth.

More appropriate would have been:

_______ da da
_____ da____ da
da da _________ da_________ da da
_________________da ____ da___________dada
___________________da da

the opening to the "Ode to Joy" portion of the 4th movement of the 9th Symphony, which was the song Alex loved so much in the film version of A Clockwork Orange.

We only have so much room in that space.

Hi, I'm one of the writers. My powers are limited but I'll do what I can.

Nef44

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Nef44

I'd be buying at least a shirt a week if they weren't American Apparel.

Urtawkin2adork83

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Urtawkin2adork83

I WANT THE APOCALYPSE NOW SHIRT!!!!!

IS THERES A LINK TO KNOW WHAT PLACE THEY CAME IN OR D YOU HAVE TO JUST WAIT EVERY DAY TO SEE?

I <3 WOOT

alikaz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alikaz

they have a friggin clockwork orange shirt on here and you early birds take them all from me!!!! AAAAAAAAHHHHHH ::immense suffering::

kizat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kizat
heartluce wrote:Same here. I also loved the other clockwork orange design sitting just outside the fog.

I was really hoping for that shirt, but I loved this shirt too.. (not for myself, but for my boyfriend).

Now here's to staying away from buying anything else for a couple of days.. maybe. ha.

Don't you be wastin' all your money on syrup and honey because I'm sweet enough.

kizat

crazychinaman wrote:Well...almost every one of the shirts i've bought have been Derby shirts...

There's a link for it on the right hand side of the description.. Says something like.. "think you can make a better shirt? blahblah derby". That's how I found it...

Don't you be wastin' all your money on syrup and honey because I'm sweet enough.

dollarxgeneral

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dollarxgeneral

Man, every shirt I ever want is sold out by the time I get up. Stupid quick sell outs.

soubriquet

quality posts: 0 Private Messages soubriquet
crazychinaman wrote:But I think he was originally talking about how the Derby doesn't have a direct link on the shirt.woot homepage...you kinda gotta know it's at shirt.woot/derby

Yeah, it's obscure. I think I originally found the derby page by clicking through somebody's "VOTE!" sig in a forum and then figuring my way backwards from the resulting page.

iris420

quality posts: 1 Private Messages iris420
drVox wrote:This shirt tells the world: “I have a twenty-first chapter! Did you know that? It’s true!”

this made me crack up. I love this book.

I haven't read the book, but I do think the last scene of the movie where the dude is in the hospital is completely unnecessary. I always wished it would've ended right before that. Is that what Chapter 21 is in the book? I'm curious to know. Thanks.

Carpe shirtem!

philwest

quality posts: 0 Private Messages philwest

Sigh...third shirt that sold out while woot's awful billing page says I don't know what my own address is.

lawliette

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lawliette

So frustrated...the first day this week I get to to go bed early AND sleep in, and my favorite for the Derby not only wins but gets sold out ;_; total sad rat, will be buying it at 15$ a pop, easily.

scottjl

quality posts: 16 Private Messages scottjl

great shirt, except for the orange. that was a breaker for me. set up the same design without it.

jmenik

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jmenik

Wow, Pat,
do I smell a fellow music major?

heh.

capture

quality posts: 0 Private Messages capture

I think the derbies need to have their own tab on the top section to make them more obvious. The site needs a slight revamp discussing HOW these shirts get picked each week. Letting visitors know it is YOU the shirt.woot purchaser who picks them. This isn't explained anywhere on the front page in a normal sized front.

I've been coming to this site since last year some time (my husband buys the shirts on his account) and I just recently figured out what went on here. I bet there are more people like me who either don't how it works or never bothered to comb the site to see.

A lot of the regulars disagree but the derbies are NOT obvious whatsoever. If they would make them more obvious you might get more votes and different artists to join in.

kizat

scottjl wrote:great shirt, except for the orange. that was a breaker for me. set up the same design without it.

uhhhhhhhhhhhh...

Why are people hatin' on the orange part of the shirt. Without it, it wouldn't be A Clockwork ORANGE.

Arkie123

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Arkie123

Damn damn damn damn damn..... I knew I should have woke up early today! AAAARGH

SNARF!

meh3884

quality posts: 25 Private Messages meh3884

grats on the sellout! i really like this shirt, but i actually haven't seen the movie, so i'd feel like a bit of a tool wearing it...

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

meh3884

quality posts: 25 Private Messages meh3884

????? did you not know what the derby was?

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

drVox

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drVox
iris420 wrote:I haven't read the book, but I do think the last scene of the movie where the dude is in the hospital is completely unnecessary. I always wished it would've ended right before that. Is that what Chapter 21 is in the book? I'm curious to know. Thanks.

actually, that's chapter 20. the movie left out the last chapter, that took place later in the future--Alex has new droogs, dresses differently, listens to different music, etc. and realizes everyone around him has grown up, and that he feels less interested in all the chaos he liked to cause, too. the ending's polarized the book's fanbase in a sense, in that some people like it but others think it's just too anticlimactic. but then again, the hospital scene could be seen as such too.

buuuut back on the topic of shirts, wow, sellout! I just came back from class and it's gone...I didn't even see the button bouncing.