halnwheels

quality posts: 11 Private Messages halnwheels

DAMN! too late

aaronhaven

quality posts: 2 Private Messages aaronhaven

i fought myself for a good 3 minutes to hit the "buy" button, and i ended up hitting it, my only regret is not buying another one for my brother, since he loves the movie just as much.

kudos to the design; here's to Apocalypse Now being next!!!

girlhobbit

quality posts: 0 Private Messages girlhobbit

congratulations on the sellout! I'll have to contemplate buying one tomorrow.

Lucky30605

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lucky30605
bebo144 wrote:No, actually I dont. Why do you sound so incredulous? I just come here to look at the shirts for sale as I assume most of the people here do.

Bebo, honey, some people really get into their Woot. It's not just about the scene,,,,,

Lucky30605

Oh, yeah, and I'm in for one. The movie is a fav of the hubby and he liked the shirt so.....

If only I had the $$$ for the Scoooooooba....

brianfitz360

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brianfitz360

What a great shirt. I woke up this morning and saw it and thought, damn, I wish I hadn't gone out drinking last night so I would have bought it. Luckily I went to woot.shirt.com when I got home from drinking, and bought it! WOOOOOOT!

Rise and fire!

blammoed

quality posts: 1 Private Messages blammoed

Congratulations on first place and such a fast sellout, ISO301!

Santoriin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Santoriin

why did i have to go to sleep last night ;(

logicalcooper

quality posts: 1 Private Messages logicalcooper
bebo144 wrote:No, actually I dont. Why do you sound so incredulous? I just come here to look at the shirts for sale as I assume most of the people here do.

Sorry about that--I wasn't trying to be rude. I guess it did surprise me that some don't even look at the derbies. As you can see, I'm very new to the site, but I also quickly got involved in voting for shirts that I like. It's quite fun when you get into it, and isn't a clique like others have mentioned (though some wooters can be very territorial). Again, I apologize.

Luke

aluna

quality posts: 1 Private Messages aluna

To all those who have yet to check out the derby entries,you really should. It is really fun to see all the interpretations of the topic that folks come up with. Some are great,some not so much, but it is a nice little distraction for 5 or so minutes to check out the art work and creative minds out there. Cheers fellow Wooters. Be well. ;-)

sonataofashes

quality posts: 2 Private Messages sonataofashes
Santoriin wrote:why did i have to go to sleep last night ;(

same here...

PRINT MORE, WOOT

gregorys90

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gregorys90

i can viddy myself wear this real horrorshow shirt lot with my droogs

PassThe40

quality posts: 0 Private Messages PassThe40

Now its time for a bit of the old... ULTRA VIOLENCE!

meh3884

quality posts: 25 Private Messages meh3884
sonataofashes wrote:same here...

PRINT MORE, WOOT

don't worry, you can buy it tomorrow for $5 extra

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

jmbradley90

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jmbradley90

How do they sell out? They just put the design on a shirt why cant they make more?

drolleri

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drolleri

Who cares, DUKE NUKEM 3D JUST CAME OUT ON XBOX LIVE!!!

"It's time to kick ass and chew bubble gum, and I'm all out of gum."

ELVATO

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ELVATO

NOOOES!

Sold out. carp. Guess I'll have to settle for Rain Man.

onixblack

quality posts: 0 Private Messages onixblack

DAMMIT this shirt is awesome but they are all out WOOT DON'T I am an un-original person ME

popcornloverxoxo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages popcornloverxoxo

love the shirt...but to late to buy one...

bugtwist

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bugtwist

YES! So thankful I got this one. My fav.

kashmirkat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kashmirkat

I liked the Clockwork Orange shirt that had all the gears shaped like an orange better, but really wanted the Purple Rain shirt - oh well... I still probably would have gotten this one if it hadn't sold out so darn fast - the one morning I got busy with work immediately and forgot to check woot.shirt first :P

AtopMtOlympus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages AtopMtOlympus
realitytwist wrote:not russian, nadsat

"Nadsat" is the official name that Burgess gave to his invented language, but it is VERY heavily taken from Russian. Thanks for the clarification though. It made me look into it all a little further and I found this excerpt on wikipedia. It's just fantastic and a testament to the brilliance of Burgess' work.

"Burgess, a polyglot who loved language in all its forms, was aware that linguistic slang was of a constantly changing nature, and knew that if he used modes of speech that were contemporarily in use the novel would very quickly become "dated". His implementation of Nadsat was essentially pragmatic; he needed his narrator to have a unique voice that would remain ageless while reinforcing Alex's indifference to his society's norms and to suggest that youth subculture existed independently of the rest of society."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nadsat

Complete Nadsat word list:
http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Concordance:A_Clockwork_Orange

Lucky30605

AtopMtOlympus wrote:"Nadsat" is the official name that Burgess gave to his invented language, but it is VERY heavily taken from Russian. Thanks for the clarification though. It made me look into it all a little further and I found this excerpt on wikipedia. It's just fantastic and a testament to the brilliance of Burgess' work.

"Burgess, a polyglot who loved language in all its forms, was aware that linguistic slang was of a constantly changing nature, and knew that if he used modes of speech that were contemporarily in use the novel would very quickly become "dated". His implementation of Nadsat was essentially pragmatic; he needed his narrator to have a unique voice that would remain ageless while reinforcing Alex's indifference to his society's norms and to suggest that youth subculture existed independently of the rest of society."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nadsat

Complete Nadsat word list:
http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Concordance:A_Clockwork_Orange

Doesn't Klingon borrow a lot from Russian?

AtopMtOlympus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages AtopMtOlympus
Lucky30605 wrote:Doesn't Klingon borrow a lot from Russian?

H a h a! Well I'm no Trekkie, but a scan of the Wikipedia article didn't come up with any specific mention of Russian influence...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Klingon_language

sidecarsally

quality posts: 6 Private Messages sidecarsally

hahahaha this shirt sold out.

that's funny to me, considering when i saw it, i just started laughing hysterically.

"who would buy THIS one?" i said.

it looks like YOU will all have the last laugh.... THIS time.

geeiverson

quality posts: 0 Private Messages geeiverson

very nice shirt.

I loved the book. Never seen the movie (one of the few Kubrick films I haven't watched and the only reason I hadn't was because a review said it left off the last chapter).

I'll be in for one tomorrow.

geeiverson

quality posts: 0 Private Messages geeiverson
kizat wrote:my boyfriend loves it. In for one... Another Stocking stuffer. ha.

Might even make it to you by Christmas. If not, there's always 2009.

yankeebird

quality posts: 7 Private Messages yankeebird
sonataofashes wrote:PRINT MORE, WOOT

They will, tomorrow. See below.

jmbradley90 wrote:How do they sell out? They just put the design on a shirt why cant they make more?

The first day of printing is 2,500 shirts at $10. That is what is sold out. Starting at 12am Central time, it will be available RIGHT HERE for $15 until it gets reckoned.

ELVATO wrote:NOOOES!

Sold out. carp. Guess I'll have to settle for Rain Man.

Nope, see above. You can get both. You'll just have to pay $5 more tomorrow.

onixblack wrote:DAMMIT this shirt is awesome but they are all out WOOT DON'T I am an un-original person ME

They're "out" for a few more hours. See above.

popcornloverxoxo wrote:love the shirt...but to late to buy one...

Too late? For today, yes. Ever, no. See above.

I really wish woot would make this information more easily available. I was able to pull five posts off a single page about people who definitely don't know how to buy a shirt after the first day, and see a couple more where they sound like they're not aware either.

superspryte

quality posts: 21 Private Messages superspryte
yankeebird wrote:Too late? For today, yes. Ever, no. See above.

I really wish woot would make this information more easily available. I was able to pull five posts off a single page about people who definitely don't know how to buy a shirt after the first day, and see a couple more where they sound like they're not aware either.

It is pretty easily available, on the main page directly above the I Want One button, as well as the 4 digit code at the top of the WootBot post in this thread. Very few people bother looking for that code though. ^_~

w: 7 | t.w: 1 | h.w: 1 | s.w: 16 | w.w: 15 | so.w: 2

yankeebird

quality posts: 7 Private Messages yankeebird
superspryte wrote:It is pretty easily available, on the main page directly above the I Want One button, as well as the 4 digit code at the top of the WootBot post in this thread. Very few people bother looking for that code though. ^_~

I appreciate the response, but I'm gonna disagree with you a tiny bit. Yeah, the 4 digit code is in both those places, but that doesn't help those who don't know what it means so why would they look for it? The code above the "I Want One" button isn't active. If you click it right now, it brings you to the exact same page. By the time the link is active, it's not on the front page any more. It really doesn't provide any help today. If all some of the more casual users do is come look at the front page, there's no way they're gonna know what it's for. They're also not going to know to click the link for "the community" to take them to this thread with the WootBot link. Seeing the phrase "the community" wouldn't give the casual user any idea that that's where they click to buy previous shirts. Even the "what is woot?" link doesn't help if someone were to look there for the answer. The question about buying shirts after the first day isn't helpful. I love woot's sense of humor but why put something that gets asked... well, frequently... in the FAQ if you're not going to actually answer it?

I think most users figure it out on their own after some time and exploration or help from other wooters, I just don't think it's readily obvious to the casual users. If it was, would we have so many "aww it sold out" posts in these threads every time there's a sell out?

kizat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kizat
geeiverson wrote:Might even make it to you by Christmas. If not, there's always 2009.

Here's to hoping!

Don't you be wastin' all your money on syrup and honey because I'm sweet enough.

Sassafras419

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Sassafras419

kinda reminds me of some game you'd see on the Price Is Right...

mbrodnick

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mbrodnick

post-apocalyptic novel shirt for the win!

JadenKale

quality posts: 186 Private Messages JadenKale
popcornloverxoxo wrote:love the shirt...but to late to buy one...

you can buy it after midnight tonight. you simply missed out on the first day prints.

monkeyman1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages monkeyman1

i thought there was a way to order a shirt the next day if you missed the day it was on? is that correct and if you how do you do it?

monkeyman1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages monkeyman1
JadenKale wrote:you can buy it after midnight tonight. you simply missed out on the first day prints.

how do you do that????

pyrokinesis901

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pyrokinesis901

Dammit! I'm so mad they're all gone. I would have in a second.

JadenKale

quality posts: 186 Private Messages JadenKale
monkeyman1 wrote:how do you do that????

there's a link in the first post with 4 numbers. click that, and it will take you to the sale page after midnight tonight.

Mothmonsterman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Mothmonsterman

Glad I grabbed one this morning.

Patchitect

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Patchitect

Congrats on the print@!