thebassman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thebassman
yankeebird wrote:I appreciate the response, but I'm gonna disagree with you a tiny bit. Yeah, the 4 digit code is in both those places, but that doesn't help those who don't know what it means so why would they look for it? The code above the "I Want One" button isn't active. If you click it right now, it brings you to the exact same page. By the time the link is active, it's not on the front page any more. It really doesn't provide any help today. If all some of the more casual users do is come look at the front page, there's no way they're gonna know what it's for. They're also not going to know to click the link for "the community" to take them to this thread with the WootBot link. Seeing the phrase "the community" wouldn't give the casual user any idea that that's where they click to buy previous shirts. Even the "what is woot?" link doesn't help if someone were to look there for the answer. The question about buying shirts after the first day isn't helpful. I love woot's sense of humor but why put something that gets asked... well, frequently... in the FAQ if you're not going to actually answer it?

I think most users figure it out on their own after some time and exploration or help from other wooters, I just don't think it's readily obvious to the casual users. If it was, would we have so many "aww it sold out" posts in these threads every time there's a sell out?

EXACTLY!!!

ISO30

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ISO30

I'd like to apologize for the confusion over whether this shirt (and other derby shirts) are available after the first day. Thanks yankeebird, jaden, and the others who are helping to clarify.

Woot, any chance on helpin out the unwooty by adding some info next to the "Sold Out" button...? Then again, maybe there's a reason they don't do it. Maybe it adds some mystery and intrigue which culminates in the experience that is Woot. :-)

robopanda

quality posts: 0 Private Messages robopanda

hahaha! I knew this shirt would sellout! It's a freaken awsome shirt! Glad I got mine at midnight! =P
Seems to me like a few people (13 at the moment) bought it the day later for the $5 more. You guys should've gotten your order in earlier and save yourself 5 bucks! ;)

"Being Asian Stunt my Growth..."
-me

yankeebird

quality posts: 7 Private Messages yankeebird
robopanda wrote:hahaha! I knew this shirt would sellout! It's a freaken awsome shirt! Glad I got mine at midnight! =P
Seems to me like a few people (13 at the moment) bought it the day later for the $5 more. You guys should've gotten your order in earlier and save yourself 5 bucks! ;)

Your logic is flawed. If the 13 people (now 129) bought it yesterday at $10, than 129 people who bought it yesterday at $10 would have had to buy it today at $15.

geminijester617

quality posts: 0 Private Messages geminijester617
monkeyman1 wrote:how do you do that????

hit "the community" link at the top of the page- it shows every shirt that's ever been for sale on shirt.woot. most of the first posted on that page are still for sale for five dollars more than the original ten.

also, and more straight forward than scrolling through the community page, if you click on "the blog" link there are frequently updated posts where woot announces reckoned shirts and soon-to-be-reckoned-so-now-is-you-last-chance shirts, and all of the shirts listed are still for sale. the only exception is the five or six shirts listed on the bottom under the title "casualties". this is a really helpful page because when you click on any of the shirt titles, the page that comes up looks exactly like the page that would come up if that shirt was "todays' woot" (with the excpetion of price)

Hubbs604

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Hubbs604

*giggles* I bought it at the day-after price. I love ACWO and couldn't pass this one up. This first sold out shirt I've bought.

-Alex
AIM: Hubbs604 (I love talking to shirt.woot members)

M3G4D00M3R

quality posts: 0 Private Messages M3G4D00M3R

Just got mine yesterday. It's absolutely beautiful. Looks even better than I thought it would. If you've got the cash, get this shirt.

popcornloverxoxo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages popcornloverxoxo

Ohhh!!! thanks fer the help!!!!! im defitnaly getting this one...

yankeebird wrote:Too late? For today, yes. Ever, no. See above.

I really wish woot would make this information more easily available. I was able to pull five posts off a single page about people who definitely don't know how to buy a shirt after the first day, and see a couple more where they sound like they're not aware either.

vickientx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vickientx

lots of buzz about this shirt on today's shirt blog (Popa). Seeing that shirt makes them wish they'd bought this shirt. Luckily someone stuck a "Buy" button in one of the posts to put folks (who wished they'd bought one--like me) out of their misery for a mere $15. cannot wait to get mine!

humptyhump

quality posts: 0 Private Messages humptyhump

Me=Nashville. Shirt leaves Texas-->Georgia-->California!%$#@. What's that about?

yankeebird

quality posts: 7 Private Messages yankeebird

Got my shirt today... the shirt looks great, but I'm not crazy about how it looks on me. The placement and my um, boobages, line up unfortunately so that I have a bright orange spot right on the boob. I thought it would sit lower.

moviewatcher

quality posts: 2 Private Messages moviewatcher

OK. New to this whole shirt.woot thing. I'm thinking I'm too late to buy this shirt, but just in case, I'm making the attempt anyway. I like the subtlety of the Rainman design better, but graphically, this thing just jumps out and grabs my attention. Being a movie fan, this contest was a great way for me to learn about and get into shirt.woot. Looking forward to many weeks of trying to exercise restraint on my spending.

saramwrap

quality posts: 25 Private Messages saramwrap

Received mine yesterday, and I'm disappointed. The orange gear and all of the lower gears are printed oblong, not round. And the ink on the orange gear isn't opaque enough, so the black of the t-shirt shows through.

This marks two shirts in a row for me (Moloko Plus and The Season of Change) that have been sub-par. I'm going to email Woot and think a little harder before I impulsively hit the big gold button.

parkermc

quality posts: 23 Private Messages parkermc
saramwrap wrote:Received mine yesterday, and I'm disappointed. The orange gear and all of the lower gears are printed oblong, not round. And the ink on the orange gear isn't opaque enough, so the black of the t-shirt shows through.

This marks two shirts in a row for me (Moloko Plus and The Season of Change) that have been sub-par. I'm going to email Woot and think a little harder before I impulsively hit the big gold button.

You might want to contact Woot about this shirt. The one my son bought has round gears and no black shows through the orange gear, at all. It looks really sharp.

MadMan5500

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MadMan5500

i received mine two days ago. the gears all look ok except the orange one. it does look slightly oblong. no black shows through though. i bought mine after it sold out, and they might have been produced at a different time. I don't know when you bought yours, but that might be a possibility - that the ones made after they sold out were slightly off.

Mac_Cool

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Mac_Cool

Been 12 days since I ordered and my shirt is still enroute.

[u]Get this route:[/u]
Carrollton, TX
Dallas, TX
Atlanta, GA
Charlotte, NC
Clayton, NC (about ten minutes away)
Charlotte, NC
Clayton, NC (again, so close)
Greensboro, NC

My shirt is bouncing all over the state. Twelve days from TX to NC and still not delivered.

kizat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kizat

should be getting my shirt delivered today :D

Don't you be wastin' all your money on syrup and honey because I'm sweet enough.

humptyhump

quality posts: 0 Private Messages humptyhump
Mac_Cool wrote:Been 12 days since I ordered and my shirt is still enroute.

[u]Get this route:[/u]
Carrollton, TX
Dallas, TX
Atlanta, GA
Charlotte, NC
Clayton, NC (about ten minutes away)
Charlotte, NC
Clayton, NC (again, so close)
Greensboro, NC

My shirt is bouncing all over the state. Twelve days from TX to NC and still not delivered.

Seriously, TX to TN and this is the best they can do. Would be funny if it wasn't so sad.

SOUTHHAVEN, MS
ATLANTA, GA
LOS ANGELES, CA
LOS ANGELES, CA
CHINO, CA
ATLANTA, GA
DALLAS, TX
DALLAS, TX
CARROLLTON, TX

Mac_Cool

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Mac_Cool
Mac_Cool wrote:My shirt is bouncing all over the state. Twelve days from TX to NC and still not delivered.

Update, got the shirt today shortly after making that post. Unbelievable.

natemc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages natemc

Here is what burns me, my shirt was HERE in Washington, then magically transported to freakin Indiana! The site even gave the in home date as yesterday.

Est. in Home 10/07/2008

October 8, 2008 9:14 AM Sortation Center Departure NEW BERLIN, WI
October 7, 2008 1:25 PM Sortation Center Arrival NEW BERLIN, WI
October 7, 2008 8:47 AM Sortation Center Departure INDIANAPOLIS, IN
October 6, 2008 2:55 PM Sortation Center Arrival KENT, WA
October 4, 2008 4:09 AM Sortation Center Departure LOS ANGELES, CA
October 3, 2008 2:03 AM Sortation Center Arrival LOS ANGELES, CA
October 2, 2008 10:58 PM Sortation Center Departure CHINO, CA
October 1, 2008 8:11 AM Sortation Center Arrival CHINO, CA
September 30, 2008 8:41 AM Sortation Center Departure DALLAS, TX
September 26, 2008 2:05 PM Sortation Center Arrival DALLAS, TX
September 26, 2008 2:00 PM Pickup CARROLLTON, TX

Kent is where the FedEx Ground HUB is for this area, no idea why it didn't hit the postal stream from there, it's the closest it's going to get to me without being an express package.

vickientx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vickientx
yankeebird wrote:Got my shirt today... the shirt looks great, but I'm not crazy about how it looks on me. The placement and my um, boobages, line up unfortunately so that I have a bright orange spot right on the boob. I thought it would sit lower.

yeah, same prob with boobages here. still a great shirt but maybe not to wear out and about. unless i'm feeling frisky!

warnerrr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages warnerrr

Man, I am not one to enjoy griping, but I STILL don't have my shirt. Wow. This is getting sad.

-- Manifest ID: 2884887
Est. in Home 10/13/2008
Date Time Description Location
October 11, 2008 8:00 PM Sortation Center Arrival ATLANTA, GA
October 10, 2008 1:42 AM Sortation Center Departure LOS ANGELES, CA
October 9, 2008 12:46 AM Sortation Center Arrival LOS ANGELES, CA
October 9, 2008 12:23 AM Sortation Center Departure CHINO, CA
October 5, 2008 8:10 AM Sortation Center Arrival CHINO, CA
October 3, 2008 5:58 PM Sortation Center Arrival DALLAS, TX
October 3, 2008 4:55 PM Pickup CARROLLTON, TX

entheogen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages entheogen

I don't even have a tracking ID yet.

piratenate

quality posts: 0 Private Messages piratenate

The name sold it for me.

"Oh bliss! Bliss and heaven! Oh, it was gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh. It was like a bird of rarest-spun heaven metal or like silvery wine flowing in a spaceship, gravity all nonsense now. As I slooshied, I knew such lovely pictures!"

SteelGeneral

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SteelGeneral

First shirt I have ever bought off of w00t! I would've got it on day one, but it sold out too quickly. I forgot about it for a while and then decided to buy it today- 1 hour before its reckoning comes. How could one resist a shirt that is a tribute to Stanley Kubrick(...and a blow to Anthony Burgess)?
BTW, For some reason on the front page it says I am to blame for the sellout??

mesmerelda

quality posts: 4 Private Messages mesmerelda