Back to Amazon.com

theinfinityloop

quality posts: 6 Private Messages theinfinityloop

Thanks guys! I'm still green at halftones so this design took me about ten hours! O.o

Oh--and Joel, I promise that's just scribbling on that scroll. No text.

paulkremer

quality posts: 4 Private Messages paulkremer
Re: Inspired by Paradise Regained

I love your vision of robots, Rglee! Keep it up!

lucky1988

quality posts: 23 Private Messages lucky1988
Re: Inspired By The Phantom Tollbooth

Awesome illustration and colors.

byrbwr

quality posts: 3 Private Messages byrbwr

you've done it again, edgar!

DavidShenoda

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DavidShenoda
Re: Inspired By The Phantom Tollbooth

Dude, Draxxx I hate you because you have the more efficient version of my style. I get sucked into endless nitpickery of minute detail within a design, but you somehow manage to always maitain a broad sense of the design as a whole, while still adding tons of cool detail.

Honestly, I think that I just get too concerned with making things look realistic accurate, and proportionate. I need to just draw!

In any event, this came out good. I would have like to see a little more lighting/shading/rendering variation from you - I know you're capable of it, and maybe using colors that aren't so safe/plain. Overall, though, can't complain too much about the final product. It works well as cohesive design and as a shirt, so good luck with it!

paulkremer

quality posts: 4 Private Messages paulkremer
Re: Inspired by A Wrinkle in Time

For all the hate I see you take, Tgentry, I just have to say that you create the most consistently WEARABLE designs on this site. There are many amazing artists on this site, but not all of the designs are something I want to wear. This however, I could see myself wearing regularly. Keep it up!

ISO30

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ISO30

byrbwr

yeah, this design is alright.

DavidShenoda

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DavidShenoda
Re: Inspired By Gravity's Rainbow.

Without gravity we wouldn't have rain, and thus no rainbows, so you see rainbows and gravity are soulmates. They complete each other, he he.

Anyway, once again solid idea with simple clean execution proves to be the most efficient way to get a shirt printed. Well done, I can definitely see this one winning. It's very WOOT.

lucky1988

quality posts: 23 Private Messages lucky1988
Re: Inspired by Harry Potter

Terrific character. I agree, the hair strewn all over the place is hilarious.

ramyb

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ramyb
Re: Inspired by The Scarlet Letter

I love the shading on it, it's just amazing- I am very slightly bothered by the placement on the shirt, but not enough to make me like it any less Great entry

drwolff79

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drwolff79
Re: Inspired by One Fish, Two Fish

Listened to this book on tape as a kid---great choice. GMV

Pokerp1mp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Pokerp1mp
Re: Inspired by 1984

Very Very Well thought out. Took me a 2nd look, but I think it is a great design... Most likely won't win because people don't like to think, so they won't like this one... I'm pulling for yea!

ChefRAZ

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ChefRAZ
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=25261]inspired by

I don't know how was is works but, my take on curious george and george bush.

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
DavidShenoda wrote:Dude, Draxxx I hate you because you have the more efficient version of my style. I get sucked into endless nitpickery of minute detail within a design, but you somehow manage to always maitain a broad sense of the design as a whole, while still adding tons of cool detail.

Honestly, I think that I just get too concerned with making things look realistic accurate, and proportionate. I need to just draw!

In any event, this came out good. I would have like to see a little more lighting/shading/rendering variation from you - I know you're capable of it, and maybe using colors that aren't so safe/plain. Overall, though, can't complain too much about the final product. It works well as cohesive design and as a shirt, so good luck with it!

Can you say anything without sounding like a feminine hygiene product?

byrbwr

i hope this wins; my niece would love it.

eggmansky

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eggmansky
Re: Inspired by The Scarlet Letter

I would most assuredly 'purloin' one of these scarlets!

Time wounds all heels.

dekonstruct

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dekonstruct
eHalcyon wrote:Watch it instead. Well, it's not *exactly* like the book.

I read it in high school and found it a little dry, but I usually don't appreciate classic literature. The only one I liked of the few that I've read is The Count of Monte Cristo.

HAHAHA, pirates, and flying sharks and cool fire? Who knew classic literature could be so awesome!

byrbwr

haven't read the book sooo.. what's it mean?

dekonstruct

lucky1988 wrote:Awesome, the "list of victims" on the boombox are a nice touch.

Thanks, any reason to include a list of victims and I'll take it.

dekonstruct

lucky1988 wrote:Ha, love their cool ray guns and stylish ride.

American steel baby!

AdderXYU

Re: Inspired By Gravity's Rainbow.

I imagine pynchon and mcherly are very similar entities

byrbwr

he he, quite funny.

dekonstruct

heartluce

quality posts: 10 Private Messages heartluce
Re: Inspired by The Very Hungry Caterpillar

Perfect blend of cute but not too cute. Sent you a pm.

Barnhill5

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Barnhill5
Re: Inspired by Who Moved My Cheese?

Oh man I had to read this book when our corp merged with another and this brings back so many memories. Love the confused look on his face. Great book title choice - GMV!!

Keelmy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Keelmy

I'm really into these "retro toy" robots and its definitely artsy enough for me.

[/url]

KiubezUndermann

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KiubezUndermann

aw carp. It cut out Lewis Caroll's last name. Oh well, Through the Looking Glass is by the author Lewis Caroll!

female

quality posts: 0 Private Messages female
ChronoSquall14 wrote:A dig at women-morphing memes isn't out of line, but if you're going to mention it, be equal-opportunity. This design is not the most overdone in this derby by a longshot

I didn't say it was. I said it should be considered an overused subject. As far as I know no one has ever once complained that these are done a lot, even though everyone seems to hate memes with a passion. Trees, birds, koi fish, dragons, pirates, ninjas. All I am saying is women morphing into stuff should probably be grouped in that category.

AdderXYU

This derby is so made of win.

AdderXYU

Re: Inspired by Guns, Germs, and Steel

Way to rock the non-fic

AdderXYU

LoreHera wrote:Wow. That captures the feeling of the covers VERY well! GMV. That could be fun to wear to the second movie.

from every review I've seen, nothing could make a second movie fun. Though I haven't read any reviews from Teenage Girls Who Lust After Edward Cullen Magazine

artulo

quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo
Re: Inspired by The Catcher in the Rye

Two colors on cream. Thanks for looking.

JadenKale

quality posts: 186 Private Messages JadenKale

WTG Art... great job and best take on the book yet.

kenney9226

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kenney9226
Re: Inspired by PUCKER

I think that Melanie Gideon's novel from a few years ago may have been more popular to some had it's title been interpreted more literally...

rglee129

quality posts: 30 Private Messages rglee129
AdderXYU wrote:This derby is so made of win.

Wait- does that mean you like my design? BTW, I'm disappointed the halftones look so weird on the design detail, and I was thinking about figuring that out and resubbing. What do you think?

JadenKale

quality posts: 186 Private Messages JadenKale
rglee129 wrote:Wait- does that mean you like my design? BTW, I'm disappointed the halftones look so weird on the design detail, and I was thinking about figuring that out and resubbing. What do you think?

I feel like the halftones are a BIT overkill... could you smooth that out a bit and possibly clean it up? I don't think it needs so much in the way of halftones.

I do like the concept, however. Very well done on that point.

wootvan

quality posts: 67 Private Messages wootvan
Re: Inspired by A Wrinkle in Time

I want to buy this for my son so when he visits his grandmother, whose vision is failing, she will constantly try to "fix" his shirt. Like the egg too...good work TG.

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
rglee129 wrote:Wait- does that mean you like my design? BTW, I'm disappointed the halftones look so weird on the design detail, and I was thinking about figuring that out and resubbing. What do you think?

I think it's fine the way it is.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

ansharp

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ansharp

Different style for you, but I love the attention to detail. Good stuff.