13 days ago
Order Pace (rank):
Top 39% of Shirt Woots
Top 10% of all Woots
Woots Sold:

jkho1190

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jkho1190

*My ticket into the Shirts on Sale Sad Rat Race

When you get your shirt, help out the community by posting up a picture!

Woot! x 5
ShirtWoot! x 8

Sky

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Sky

Awesome. I was totally hoping for this one, and was so afraid it wouldn't make it. Very glad the penguins didn't knock this out of the running.

Edit: and apparently first sucker, too. Nice.

golfkpc

quality posts: 2 Private Messages golfkpc

Grats, Ramyb!!

maybe woot will put up some decent servers for cheap. And then buy a few from themselves for the next wootoff! People from states other than MN are funny. Especially those Utahianites!

pianolin717

quality posts: 16 Private Messages pianolin717

LOVE IT!!! YAY! so glad it got atleast second (should have gotten 1st!)

waacodemon

quality posts: 12 Private Messages waacodemon

wow... really?... i want elmer...

I once ate a cricket.

ramyb

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ramyb
waacodemon wrote:wow... really?... i want elmer...

I'm fairly sure elmer got 3rd, if that helps

Thanks everyone for the votes and support on this shirt :D

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU

Man, I can't wait til the entire reckoning list is hackily done otaku designs done for comicon retards who missed the part where the designers are known throughout fan-art circles for rigging systems and creating extra accounts.

byrbwr

quality posts: 3 Private Messages byrbwr

this is a nice design, but i like my t-shirts to be funny. would i buy this as an original to hang on my wall though? probably.

JadenKale

quality posts: 186 Private Messages JadenKale
pianolin717 wrote:LOVE IT!!! YAY! so glad it got atleast second (should have gotten 1st!)

It doesn't matter WHAT spot it gets... they still get paid. If it prints, you get paid... plain and simple.

It really doesn't matter, I was personally hoping for Cho this evening.

iGGz

quality posts: 7 Private Messages iGGz

i could never wear a shirt with a picture of a frozen heart on it... a little to emo for me.

i am woot's god.

You're the giant Ken Jennings head? HOW DID YOU GET OUT?

Sky

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Sky
waacodemon wrote:wow... really?... i want elmer...

Probably tomorrow. I'll be a little bummed because I was hoping for the snow tricycle, but Elmer's a good design, too, and I think it'll probably end up edging out the snowcycle.

Although a tie would be nice, too.

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon

The halftone gradient in this comp is not nearly as smooth and subtle as in the entry. I figured they'd have to change it. =\

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

kcman011

quality posts: 5 Private Messages kcman011
iGGz wrote:i could never wear a shirt with a picture of a frozen heart on it... a little to emo for me.

I, on the other hand, have no qualms in wearing a shirt with a frozen heart. In for 1...congrats to the artist!

Seal101

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Seal101

I'm kinda new to the woot and I love it!!! One question though...how many shirts do they print 3000?? Congrats on the print!

KryseeMac

quality posts: 2 Private Messages KryseeMac

Hey! Sorry for the interruption - I'm helping JudyL1118 with an update on our wine.woot group page on Facebook. I'll pop in periodically just in case some people won't have the time to read every post on each page. Bear with us for a bit? You can follow the link in my signature line, or if you're already a group member, please check into the forum for just a moment? Thanks!

JadenKale

Seal101 wrote:I'm kinda new to the woot and I love it!!! One question though...how many shirts do they print 3000?? Congrats on the print!

they print as many as needs to be sold. First day prints = 3k right now. If it sells out, you'll have to wait til tomorrow to buy it but it'll be $15.

telemmaite

quality posts: 0 Private Messages telemmaite

Lovely shirt! This will help me become less robotic. Thanks, woot!

fablefire

quality posts: 30 Private Messages fablefire

Woah. Why did woot botch the colors up? What happened to the neato glow?

SailorButterfly

quality posts: 14 Private Messages SailorButterfly
AdderXYU wrote:Man, I can't wait til the entire reckoning list is hackily done otaku designs done for comicon retards who missed the part where the designers are known throughout fan-art circles for rigging systems and creating extra accounts.

::shudder::

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The "Most Awesome Butterfly-Sailor Hybrid on Woot"

heartluce

quality posts: 10 Private Messages heartluce

Congrats on the print, ramyb. I think this is my favorite of your designs.

JadenKale

fablefire wrote:Woah. Why did woot botch the colors up? What happened to the neato glow?

They can't print the color 'neato'

waacodemon

AdderXYU wrote:Man, I can't wait til the entire reckoning list is hackily done otaku designs done for comicon retards who missed the part where the designers are known throughout fan-art circles for rigging systems and creating extra accounts.

Yea, way to bring up a dead end argument, cograts on that. Once again bud, just cause you dont like the design doesnt mean 800+ others didnt. oh, and making extra accounts? yea, im sure someone decided to create 300 extra accounts to make sure they win. Yea, im sure thats real logical, man your smart, but im sure you get that often. Oh, when was last time one of yours got printed? Ive seen some pretty terrible ones you've coughed up. Not sayin im a artist either, cause i know im now, hence why i have never submitted. But i also dont go thread to thread, smashing other peoples t-shirts and then walking around proud. Get your head out of your ass.

I once ate a cricket.

GluonConcerto

quality posts: 9 Private Messages GluonConcerto
JadenKale wrote:They can't print the color 'neato'

Epic. Well played!

jessiebyrd004

quality posts: 52 Private Messages jessiebyrd004

This shirt is so inspirational. I imagine that every time it rains in So Cal, it's because some love lost hooker is melting Gene Simmons' humongous heart up in the Hollywood Hills.

I do a daily woot blog where I talk about the woot, link to CSEs, find reviews, etc. A few people have told me it's useful. Google "useful linkage" and there it is.

illburntonight

quality posts: 0 Private Messages illburntonight

Hey guys, I've only bought 2 shirts and one is on its way, so technically I only have one. It is a medium and is kinda tight, are all the shirts the same fit with the different artwork? Should I go with another medium hoping its not as tight or bump up to the large?

waacodemon

illburntonight wrote:Hey guys, I've only bought 2 shirts and one is on its way, so technically I only have one. It is a medium and is kinda tight, are all the shirts the same fit with the different artwork? Should I go with another medium hoping its not as tight or bump up to the large?

Hey,
Well, they do normally run a little tighter than normal. If you cant stand that, than you can try bumping it up a size, and if it is then to big, you can wash it on hot water, and dry it. Should shrink it some. Hopefully that was some help! I personally like them a little more snug, but thats just me! Enjoy the shirt!

I once ate a cricket.

pianolin717

quality posts: 16 Private Messages pianolin717
illburntonight wrote:Hey guys, I've only bought 2 shirts and one is on its way, so technically I only have one. It is a medium and is kinda tight, are all the shirts the same fit with the different artwork? Should I go with another medium hoping its not as tight or bump up to the large?

Hey! since these are the same shirts as American Apparel, they usually run a size too small, so I get a size larger than I normally would elsewhere and they fit perfectly!

heartluce

quality posts: 10 Private Messages heartluce

I would say bump up to the large. They run a size small. Mine are generally all in the same ballpark sizewise.

SailorButterfly

quality posts: 14 Private Messages SailorButterfly

Have you washed your medium yet? Woot shirts are known to shrink, so if a medium is tight even before washing, I would advise to go with a large.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The "Most Awesome Butterfly-Sailor Hybrid on Woot"

joeparker54

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joeparker54

meh...too cutesy. Throw in some blood, knives, guns, explosions, and scantly clad women and i'm in for 3.

on the size topic, i have a couple XXL's from woot and they are a bit more form fitting than some shirts, but they certainly aren't tight. even after washing they don't seem any tighter.

AdderXYU

waacodemon wrote:Yea, way to bring up a dead end argument, cograts on that. Once again bud, just cause you dont like the design doesnt mean 800+ others didnt. oh, and making extra accounts? yea, im sure someone decided to create 300 extra accounts to make sure they win. Yea, im sure thats real logical, man your smart, but im sure you get that often. Oh, when was last time one of yours got printed? Ive seen some pretty terrible ones you've coughed up. Not sayin im a artist either, cause i know im now, hence why i have never submitted. But i also dont go thread to thread, smashing other peoples t-shirts and then walking around proud. Get your head out of your ass.

$3000 out of what, 9 or 10 prints, is a drop in the bucket to ensure a safe print cushion.

It's not like I'm the first or only person accusing them of being cheaters. I think most wooters are cheaters. But also, most wooters aren't known at deviant art for having a girlfriend make 200 accounts and fan herself on all of them. Nor are most wooters known for monopolizing marketing space at conventions where they could sell their art. Nor do most wooters have friends debut in the derby to a near-fog finish. Excuse me if I feel that deserves investigation.

tgott6

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tgott6

dont forget they shrink and they shrink alot. I personally get a size larger. I usually wear a medium to large but in woot! shirts I order an extra large so I dont worry about if it gets into the dryer since this is how I prefer to dry my clothes and I dont like my shirts tight. I hope this helps you out. The shirts do run a size small so keep that in mind.

flgator8

quality posts: 0 Private Messages flgator8
waacodemon wrote:Yea, way to bring up a dead end argument, cograts on that. Once again bud, just cause you dont like the design doesnt mean 800+ others didnt. oh, and making extra accounts? yea, im sure someone decided to create 300 extra accounts to make sure they win. Yea, im sure thats real logical, man your smart, but im sure you get that often. Oh, when was last time one of yours got printed? Ive seen some pretty terrible ones you've coughed up. Not sayin im a artist either, cause i know im now, hence why i have never submitted. But i also dont go thread to thread, smashing other peoples t-shirts and then walking around proud. Get your head out of your ass.

i dont know either way but i dont see why people wouldn't make the extra accounts since there is $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ involved ahuhu

waacodemon

AdderXYU wrote:$3000 out of what, 9 or 10 prints, is a drop in the bucket to ensure a safe print cushion.

It's not like I'm the first or only person accusing them of being cheaters. I think most wooters are cheaters. But also, most wooters aren't known at deviant art for having a girlfriend make 200 accounts and fan herself on all of them. Nor are most wooters known for monopolizing marketing space at conventions where they could sell their art. Nor do most wooters have friends debut in the derby to a near-fog finish. Excuse me if I feel that deserves investigation.

ok.. genius... remember, to VOTE you have to have a purchase... so! 200 accounts=bought 200 things on woot... yyeeaaa reaaaal logical.

I once ate a cricket.

SarahPants5

quality posts: 6 Private Messages SarahPants5
waacodemon wrote:ok.. genius... remember, to VOTE you have to have a purchase... so! 200 accounts=bought 200 things on woot... yyeeaaa reaaaal logical.

Woot is awesome? Small price to pay for cheating... (I'm joking, I think the theory is cracked too.) I voted for this shirt on day one, and bought one. YAY!!

flgator8

waacodemon wrote:ok.. genius... remember, to VOTE you have to have a purchase... so! 200 accounts=bought 200 things on woot... yyeeaaa reaaaal logical.

oh haha yeah well that pretty much makes it a lot more legit lollll

AdderXYU

One win = 100 accounts. Presuming they don't sell a single shirt next-day.

I would say that in general parlance no, it makes no sense. But I know of people who have never won who have 5 to 10 accounts. I know of honest people who made a second account because they loved a shirt and needed to grab an extra 3, or love snagging copious randoms. Hell, every random day people say "just make an extra account". It is not a difficult extrapolation, then, to presume that, between two people with about 10 prints between them, there could easily be 100 accounts in play with minimal expense. Would I like to be wrong? Of course I would, though that would mean there are hundreds of complete dolts voting at woot at any given time. But when someone has a history of cheating, you SHOULD be suspicious.

flgator8

flgator8 wrote:oh haha yeah well that pretty much makes it a lot more legit lollll

oh but then i guess adder was saying spending $3000 on 300 shirts is what they did to have those accounts to vote with...

flgator8

AdderXYU wrote:One win = 100 accounts. Presuming they don't sell a single shirt next-day.

I would say that in general parlance no, it makes no sense. But I know of people who have never won who have 5 to 10 accounts. I know of honest people who made a second account because they loved a shirt and needed to grab an extra 3, or love snagging copious randoms. Hell, every random day people say "just make an extra account". It is not a difficult extrapolation, then, to presume that, between two people with about 10 prints between them, there could easily be 100 accounts in play with minimal expense. Would I like to be wrong? Of course I would, though that would mean there are hundreds of complete dolts voting at woot at any given time. But when someone has a history of cheating, you SHOULD be suspicious.

why do you say they have a history of cheating? also, i think a lot of people are happy with the shirts woot has been printing so its not like shoddy designs are being cheated into winning.