a month ago
Order Pace (rank):
Bottom 19% of Shirt Woots
Bottom 42% of all Woots
Woots Sold:

ribbit1122

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ribbit1122

*My ticket into the Shirts on Sale Sad Rat Race

Did you buy this shirt and want to share your lovely mug with the world? Help keep it alive by submitting your pic here.

There is only one FINITE way to spell "deFINITEly."
You will find A RAT when you sepARATe the rat trap.

firstshadow

quality posts: 0 Private Messages firstshadow

can has? *does the robot*

jasneko

quality posts: 33 Private Messages jasneko

Very nice. Congrats!
I think I might actually be in for one to give someone...! Which would be the first shirt I have bought in a looong time.

ztfreep

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ztfreep

Well, OK, but isn't it more like "Let The Robot Do You"?

mixer23

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mixer23

Yay! Congrats, Robbie... A well deserved win. I can't wait to get this one!

EdwardBlake

quality posts: 15 Private Messages EdwardBlake

Ahahaha. Humorous.

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU

One of the best humor shirts woot has had in a long time. Congrats, Robbie!

detaer

quality posts: 2 Private Messages detaer

This shirt would have been more funny if they looked more like devo or more like the beasty boys.

brizday

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brizday

I had no idea Drew Carey had so much rhythm.

brieanna

quality posts: 48 Private Messages brieanna

I thought you weren't supposed to hit a guy with glasses on.

I like my signature.

tgentry

quality posts: 123 Private Messages tgentry

Great job Rglee, glad to see this one make it!

steevg

quality posts: 2 Private Messages steevg

picked one up. Nice design!

goukoy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages goukoy

In for one!
Best Dance Shirt :D

shubonker

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shubonker

I need this in my life!

sneakertee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sneakertee

this is a funny tee. i love it!

AKrotkov

quality posts: 1 Private Messages AKrotkov
AdderXYU wrote:One of the best humor shirts woot has had in a long time. Congrats, Robbie!

The world is coming to an end - Adder is happy about something! ;)

That said, this is a great shirt. Got one for myself. :D

mebach

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mebach

i couldn't stop laughing when i saw this shirt so of course i had to order it. i love doing the robot!

radiomode

quality posts: 3 Private Messages radiomode

Robot will always win

isparabola

quality posts: 8 Private Messages isparabola

Is that a HK-47 reference in the write up?

omnitarian

quality posts: 15 Private Messages omnitarian

Robots do not have rhythm, nor souls. Thus, they feel compelled to beat up anything that does, purely out of jealousy.

Little-known 6th law of robotics.

Urtawkin2adork83

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Urtawkin2adork83

I just bought three of these lol one for me two for friends who have the same silly humor as I do.

jebustrist

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jebustrist

This shirt is dedicated to victims of hate-crimes everywhere.

blahmcblah

quality posts: 5 Private Messages blahmcblah

Congrats, Robbie!

firstshadow

quality posts: 0 Private Messages firstshadow

I believe the robot's thought here is... DOES NOT COMPUTE!

hahaha

dfunkmaster

quality posts: 4 Private Messages dfunkmaster

That's pretty funny...

bpr2

quality posts: 186 Private Messages bpr2

in for one.

ztfreep

EdwardBlake wrote:Ahahaha. Humorous.

OK, I've posted something on-topic about "Do The Robot!", right? So I'm not being a complete jerk here. Perhaps a partial one, but not one who takes the cake. Or the robot, for that matter.

edit: further comment. Funny? I can't imagine anyone seeing it thinking that it is funny unless they'd read the write-up. Sorry, I just don't get the "funny"

Grats to the artist, but perhaps sad to tell the others here, I can't see myself buying this image: I don't hate it, but it doesn't "MOVE" me sufficiently. That and I'm apparently going to be spend DAYS unpacking all of the shirt.woot! t-shirts that I've got (I am being utterly honest and literal here: I am NOT being metaphorical in any wise whatsoever.)

Y'know, it must be kind of like King Midas counting his gold over and over again. Each time I unfold a shirt and put it on a hanger it is usually pretty cool - perhaps like seeing a friend I hadn't seen for some time.

---

In response to EdwardBlake:TigerTigerBurningBright, etc., I have ordered a copy of the Rainbow Zebra and, if it is possible to find the information, I'm eagerly awaiting reading about when that particular design / those shirts are printed.

Confession: I was in Munich with someone in 1994. There were posters everywhere with a black & white image consisting of nothing but zebras, all covering the field continuously - like a jigsaw puzzle, but to make it work, the lines of the zebras alternated black vs. white where they joined edges.

Because she begged (well, basically), I stole one. Of course, stealing an ad off of a wall is small potatoes, but what the heck.

I don't recall what graphics program I was using at the time. It might have even been MacPaint which, although it was extremely simple, still did things quite nicely. On the other hand, I was in a job where I'd switched back to IBM PC's, so I might have been working there.

I "electronically enlarged" the living daylights out of the 8x10 scan that I made. Thinking back, that points more strongly to MacPaint because the only scanner I had was connected to a Mac.

Spent FAR too much of my employer's money cleaning up the edges until they were nigh-on perfect, making sure that all of the white was white and all of the black was solid black. On the other hand, I got awfully good at doing graphics of this sort and that helped with the web sites I started developing for this place about that time. Hey, I'll grab onto any rationalization I can!

Since we had a rather large-scale printer-plotter, I made about 3x4 foot copy of it (the original aspect ratio may or may not have been 1.25 and the aspect ratio of the result may or may not have been 1.333(etc) but I did make the scaling locked in any case.) I found some kind of plastic framing edges and clear cover - perhaps at a Hobby Lobby or some such store. Not anything sophisticated like a proper framing job, but not bad.

So, I guess I did this about 13..15 years ago (the actual work). Even though she threw a book at my crotch about a week ago (with INCREDIBLE accuracy) and shouted that she hated me and never wanted to see me again, the print is still in excellent condition and on one of the walls of her house.

In any case, I'm really excited about getting my Rainbow Zebra.

misterpookie

quality posts: 6 Private Messages misterpookie

I like this, but am really annoyed that every shirt seems to be this color. Otherwise, awesome design.

rglee129

quality posts: 30 Private Messages rglee129

Sweet! Thanks to all that voted, and thanks to MJ and the folks in the derby forum who helped me refine the design before I posted it.

dfunkmaster

quality posts: 4 Private Messages dfunkmaster
ztfreep wrote:OK, I've posted something on-topic about "Do The Robot!", right? So I'm not being a complete jerk here. Perhaps a partial one, but not one who takes the cake. Or the robot, for that matter.

Grats to the artist, but perhaps sad to tell the others here, I can't see myself buying this image: I don't hate it, but it doesn't "MOVE" me sufficiently. That and I'm apparently going to be spend DAYS unpacking all of the shirt.woot! t-shirts that I've got (I am being utterly honest and literal here: I am NOT being metaphorical in any wise whatsoever.)

Y'know, it must be kind of like King Midas counting his gold over and over again. Each time I unfold a shirt and put it on a hanger it is usually pretty cool - perhaps like seeing a friend I hadn't seen for some time.

---

In response to EdwardBlake:TigerTigerBurningBright, etc., I have ordered a copy of the Rainbow Zebra and, if it is possible to find the information, I'm eagerly awaiting reading about when that particular design / those shirts are printed.

Confession: I was in Munich with someone in 1994. There were posters everywhere with a black & white image consisting of nothing but zebras, all covering the field continuously - like a jigsaw puzzle, but to make it work, the lines of the zebras alternated black vs. white where they joined edges.

Because she begged (well, basically), I stole one. Of course, stealing an ad off of a wall is small potatoes, but what the heck.

I don't recall what graphics program I was using at the time. It might have even been MacPaint which, although it was extremely simple, still did things quite nicely. On the other hand, I was in a job where I'd switched back to IBM PC's, so I might have been working there.

I "electronically enlarged" the living daylights out of the 8x10 scan that I made. Thinking back, that points more strongly to MacPaint because the only scanner I had was connected to a Mac.

Spent FAR too much of my employer's money cleaning up the edges until they were nigh-on perfect, making sure that all of the white was white and all of the black was solid black. On the other hand, I got awfully good at doing graphics of this sort and that helped with the web sites I started developing for this place about that time. Hey, I'll grab onto any rationalization I can!

Since we had a rather large-scale printer-plotter, I made about 3x4 foot copy of it (the original aspect ratio may or may not have been 1.25 and the aspect ratio of the result may or may not have been 1.333(etc) but I did make the scaling locked in any case. I found some kind of plastic framing edges and clear cover - perhaps at a Hobby Lobby or some such store. Not anything sophisticated like a proper framing job, but not bad.

So, I guess I did this about 13..15 years ago (the actual work). Even though she threw a book at my crotch about a week ago (with INCREDIBLE accuracy) and shouted that she hated me and never wanted to see me again, the print is still in excellent condition and on one of the walls of her house.

In any case, I'm really excited about getting my Rainbow Zebra.

Profound...

rglee129

On a somewhat related note, the wife and I just got back from the local arthouse theatre where they screened an original print of Robocop... and it was great! I was prepared for it to be awful, but that movie really holds up. (Plus it was a great way to kill time while I waited for midnight to roll around!)

What a night!

JadenKale

quality posts: 186 Private Messages JadenKale

Oh robbie, congrats on an awesome week: 2 prints, and Teacher of the Year? you rock man... you simply rock ;)

ztfreep

dfunkmaster wrote:Profound...

Nahh. Not profound. I'd really, really like to find this shirt as funny as everyone else has & am simply not making the connection. It isn't as if I'm being grumpy or anything - I live in a town where there is essentially no entertainment until summer and then we are given free outdoor concerts on Friday nights with quite decent groups: tonight was violin (or fiddle, if you will), guitar, drums, and electro-acoustic bass. As it turned out, some quite attractive people of the opposite gender were there and I enjoyed speaking with a few. Talked with some friends as well.

All told, I'm feeling pretty cool & not negative to speak of at all. Perhaps I am too interested in "real" (hah!) robots or something, but cripes, what is WRONG with me that everyone else is getting a chuckle (even Adder) but I'm not.

This makes me sad. Watch me go to sleep rather than cry (grin).

rglee129

JadenKale wrote:Oh robbie, congrats on an awesome week: 2 prints, and Teacher of the Year? you rock man... you simply rock ;)

Thanks, Jaden! And don't forget to add a screening of Robocop to the list.

(Jaden's referring to a twitter tweet I posted yesterday. I got the teacher of the year award at the middle school where I teach art. It really has been a great week- now if only the Magic can take care of business tomorrow night...)

fabulosa83

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fabulosa83

can't stop laughing! it's my first shirt.woot! purchase and I must say it was worth the wait.

JadenKale

quality posts: 186 Private Messages JadenKale
rglee129 wrote:Thanks, Jaden! And don't forget to add a screening of Robocop to the list.

(Jaden's referring to a twitter tweet I posted yesterday. I got the teacher of the year award at the middle school where I teach art. It really has been a great week- now if only the Magic can take care of business tomorrow night...)

Oh I missed the Robocop screening update. Awesome still

shutts67

quality posts: 20 Private Messages shutts67

Don't. Push me. Cause I'm close. TO. The edge.
I'm. Tryin. Not to lose my ::Punched in the face::

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

ness2728

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ness2728
ztfreep wrote:
edit: further comment. Funny? I can't imagine anyone seeing it thinking that it is funny unless they'd read the write-up. Sorry, I just don't get the "funny"

...my girlfriend and I immediately LOLed when we saw it in the derby. I didn't think this shirt needed any explanation to be funny.

*shrug*

Congrats on the win rglee, I'm glad I get to wear this one

mybell

quality posts: 4 Private Messages mybell

rock'em sock'em robots, Yah man!