Back to Amazon.com

striker138

quality posts: 1 Private Messages striker138
Re: Transform My Blues with some spare change...

I was hoping the change would go into one of those little pay boxes... like on thosee toy car rides outside of stores.

HalfWheat

quality posts: 18 Private Messages HalfWheat
Re: Night of the Blue Eyed Lemurs

Random strangers comment to me about how blue my eyes look when I wear blue. I wonder what they'll say if my shirt has blue eyes, too...

striker138

Re: Sun Blues

Good job! Definitely my style.

striker138

Re: Nobody Wants to Play With Me

Reminds me of Sloth from the Goonies! +1

dpbowl842

quality posts: 10 Private Messages dpbowl842
Re: Deep Blue Destroyer

They look to be on their way to ruff someone up.

Awesome.

Do want.

elviswind

quality posts: 1 Private Messages elviswind

Nice design . . . if it doesn't sell here, slap "Maine" on it and sell it to the tourists.

striker138

Re: They Do Not Like Us

Those eggs are JERKS!!! +1

elviswind

This means something.

tenieldjo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tenieldjo
AdderXYU wrote:And if this ISNT fine, for that matter, there had better be some damn brutal rejections coming with it.

So, it's only ok for a shirt to be off-topic if you approve? Given your history of going gums-deep into people who don't follow the theme, it seems weird to see you stepping in. You've been a major advocate of Woot being more strict in their rejections, and this entry can only really exemplify "blue" if you really, really, really want it to be there. Yes, the art is great, and it's a great time to have a halloween shirt... but this isn't a halloween derby. This is a blue derby, and the only thing blue about this shirt is the fabric.

striker138

Re: Deep Inside

I like it. I would be letting my inner emo out when I wore it. +1

renovatioxii

quality posts: 0 Private Messages renovatioxii
Re: Blue Mountains

I made a shirt for all the Utahns in the architecture derby, and now its time for all the Oregonians. Support Oregon by being friendly, staying open-minded, and voting for this shirt!

striker138

Re: oompahs getting juiced

Aww!!! This was my idea for my second shirt. Glad I saw this before I started on it. Good job though... THIEF!!

+1

absenceofanecho

quality posts: 0 Private Messages absenceofanecho
Re: Blue Mountains

Mysterious mountains rise over the horizon, and the weary traveler wonders vaguely if he's made it to Oregon, or if they are just a mirage sent by some vengeful god to taunt him. Whatever the case, they sure look nice on a royal blue shirt.

elviswind

y = cos (2x)

octopai

quality posts: 0 Private Messages octopai
graffd02 wrote:Mmmm Chalky goodness... although I'm missing the "blueness..." of this one

Well what I had interpreted could fit into the "Blue" theme was that designs whose main emphasis was the usage of the color blue to set a mood.

If I've misinterpreted or assumed wrong, then fair enough. I'll just have to try again :D

jmmbell1987

quality posts: 78 Private Messages jmmbell1987
tenieldjo wrote:So, it's only ok for a shirt to be off-topic if you approve? Given your history of going gums-deep into people who don't follow the theme, it seems weird to see you stepping in. You've been a major advocate of Woot being more strict in their rejections, and this entry can only really exemplify "blue" if you really, really, really want it to be there. Yes, the art is great, and it's a great time to have a halloween shirt... but this isn't a halloween derby. This is a blue derby, and the only thing blue about this shirt is the fabric.

I think the point is that this theme is wide open to interpretation, and that this design (which a woot moderator suggested might be off topic) is no more off topic than many others in the derby. It's not the same thing as when an artist pays lip service to a very specific theme. (e.g. most of the steampunk derby's contenders)

In fewer words, it's a broad theme, this design seems to fit its loose parameters, and if it gets rejected, a hell of a lot of others should get rejected too.

BootsBoots

quality posts: 40 Private Messages BootsBoots
Re: blueberry pie rats a la mode

This makes no sense to me. And this is why I like it. SERIOUSLY.

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
tenieldjo wrote:So, it's only ok for a shirt to be off-topic if you approve? Given your history of going gums-deep into people who don't follow the theme, it seems weird to see you stepping in. You've been a major advocate of Woot being more strict in their rejections, and this entry can only really exemplify "blue" if you really, really, really want it to be there. Yes, the art is great, and it's a great time to have a halloween shirt... but this isn't a halloween derby. This is a blue derby, and the only thing blue about this shirt is the fabric.

And the same is true of at least two other entries in the fog. Yet only one has had a woot staff step in and ask.

What about that isn't "advocate of woot being more strict about their rejections"? The only issue is that woot is only ever strict in their rejections when it is to the detriment of an otherwise good shirt. If woot rejects this, they'd better reject the worse shirts that are also not very blue. Simple as that.

wulfman4

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wulfman4

hello new wooter here im a decent artist and wanna enter a design, but idk how to draw on the computer...i dont have adobe illustrator or any of that fancy scaffolding. does anyone kmow a good free program i can download that allows me to do this?? id appreciate some help so thankee much!

wulfman4

por favor muchahos?

tenieldjo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tenieldjo
AdderXYU wrote:And the same is true of at least two other entries in the fog. Yet only one has had a woot staff step in and ask.

What about that isn't "advocate of woot being more strict about their rejections"? The only issue is that woot is only ever strict in their rejections when it is to the detriment of an otherwise good shirt. If woot rejects this, they'd better reject the worse shirts that are also not very blue. Simple as that.

I agree; a lot of the shirts in this derby are, it seems to me, pushing the boundaries of what is already a very wide-open subject. It seems like people are taking advantage of a more flexible theme to do just random things they want to draw and throwing blue on it. I don't think that was in the spirit of the theme, and I think if something like this entry won the derby, it would perplex many outside onlookers that it won a derby entitled "blue."

I am not saying that this isn't a good piece of work, or that it's not well drawn. But it doesn't say "blue" to me, and of the off-theme shirts in this derby, I would say this is to a higher degree than most others.

striker138

wulfman4 wrote:hello new wooter here im a decent artist and wanna enter a design, but idk how to draw on the computer...i dont have adobe illustrator or any of that fancy scaffolding. does anyone kmow a good free program i can download that allows me to do this?? id appreciate some help so thankee much!

Give Gimp and Inkscape a try. Both are free, and are open source programs which resemble Photo Shop and Illustrator.

www.gimp.org
www.inkscape.org

Art programs aren't the easiest things in the world to pick up and learn. But tehre are a ton of websites that have free tutorials... just google for them.

jasneko

quality posts: 33 Private Messages jasneko

Wow.... this is really good.

sonny2009

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sonny2009
Re: Color to your world

The blues like nice and bright, so kudos for that, but to me it looks like a fully grown bird, when if it just hatched, it should be a baby. Also the black ink color you used will not be visible on the navy blue shirt, so all the outlines and shadows are going to virtually disappear once this prints.

Leahbh

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Leahbh
Re: Feeling Blue, Sailor?

pretty. i like the colors. i don't think i would wear that shirt though.

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
tenieldjo wrote:I agree; a lot of the shirts in this derby are, it seems to me, pushing the boundaries of what is already a very wide-open subject. It seems like people are taking advantage of a more flexible theme to do just random things they want to draw and throwing blue on it. I don't think that was in the spirit of the theme, and I think if something like this entry won the derby, it would perplex many outside onlookers that it won a derby entitled "blue."

I am not saying that this isn't a good piece of work, or that it's not well drawn. But it doesn't say "blue" to me, and of the off-theme shirts in this derby, I would say this is to a higher degree than most others.

At the end of the day, though, there is only one concern, to me. A good shirt should be printing every day. Not a shirt I want. Not a shirt that will sell out. Not a shirt in a certain style. A good shirt.

So to me, woot needs to work one of two ways. They need to screw the idea of theme and print shirts that deserve a print, which would keep this one safe, or they need to be strict across the board, meaning they have a lot of rejecting to do, and from way high up. At the end of the day, though, I would rather have three well-done shirts that are off topic win than even one horrible one on topic. I would prefer, of course, that it be three shirts that are all ON topic, without a doubt, but there are so many shirts which have printed without being remotely on theme and without being even remotely wearable that I really cannot begrudge the occasional good shirt from printing ahead of the normal baloney.

Woot either needs to be consistent and brutal across the board, or they need to stop only hunting down good shirts for the inquisition. Because there are always horrible shirts that are just as tenuous. And if there must be a double standard (which woot has proven there apparently must be, given all their horrible judgment calls over the years), I'd love to see someone like Drakxxx be the one to benefit, instead of always being Ramiyoku or other truly untalented design weasels.

Drakxxx

quality posts: 16 Private Messages Drakxxx
Re: Dance of the Deceased

Thank you guys for all the support so far.

If the staff sees the need to reject my design, I'll understand, as I suppose the concept of "blue" in my idea isn't as in your face as some other designs.

I'm sure I can come up with some more Halloween ideas for the contests in the upcoming weeks, so no worries in if my design happens to get cut this time around.

jlaatsch36

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jlaatsch36
kn1srut1 wrote:Like it, but I would like for the design to be a bit smaller on the shirt.

Yeah... I suppose. The comp really looks like scaffolding now that I look back at it.

polsons

quality posts: 0 Private Messages polsons
Re: Blue Footed Boobies

Ok, I am horrible at sketching...but I couldn't resist! Forgive the newbie for uploading a CMYK shirt comp instead of RGB...oh and thanks for looking!

jasneko

quality posts: 33 Private Messages jasneko
kn1srut1 wrote:Cheaper than a psychiatrist. Fewer side-effects than anti-depressants! 5 colors on navy.

Feedback appreciated, thanks for taking a look!

That cupcake looks mighty yummy!!! I want one!
Cute idea!

Btw... are arrows not considered text? (or equals signs, as you had before) Just curious, because I was thinking about using arrows or equals signs in a design and wasn't sure if it were allowed.

Caligumby

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Caligumby

Does this come in green?

sakleehop

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sakleehop
Re: i love blueberry pie

Text will get you rejected...

sakleehop

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sakleehop
Re: BANJO BROTHERS

Not sure that your drawing of a shirt counts as a Woot shirt template. You might want to resubmit using a proper template just in case.

lindab53

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lindab53

Instant love(and vote)! I need this shirt!

parrotheads

quality posts: 0 Private Messages parrotheads
Re: 159 Sad Shapes

You should really give one a smile. Really.

davidfromdallas

quality posts: 1 Private Messages davidfromdallas
parrotheads wrote:You should really give one a smile. Really.

lol

...I might sneak in a smile when nobody's watching

michaelrhodge

quality posts: 0 Private Messages michaelrhodge
striker138 wrote:I wish it were a little smaller, but still a great job. +1

I agree....really like the design...great artwork.

wulfman4

striker138 wrote:Give Gimp and Inkscape a try. Both are free, and are open source programs which resemble Photo Shop and Illustrator.

www.gimp.org
www.inkscape.org

Art programs aren't the easiest things in the world to pick up and learn. But tehre are a ton of websites that have free tutorials... just google for them.

hey cool thanks a lot dude/dudette. sooo once i figure it out, i just...make a design? how to i get the colors in my design to match those in the template?

michaelrhodge

quality posts: 0 Private Messages michaelrhodge
michaelrhodge wrote:I agree....really like the design...great artwork.

Sorry...let me clarify...I agree that I'd like the design if it was a little smaller but this is a great looking shirt!

Christinanana

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Christinanana
Re: Playing Blues

A larger version of the image can be seen here.