Back to Amazon.com

irongoalie


quality posts: 0 Private Messages irongoalie

Actually, the signer of "I need a lover who won't drive me crazy" is John Cougar Mellencamp...

NPIMH: Subdivisions by Rush


killingtime


quality posts: 2 Private Messages killingtime

"Just say 'yes!'"

mnementh


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mnementh

"Go!" by Tones on Tail

bam wokka chicka wokka chicka wokka chicka wokka chicka
Master Ninja Theme Song

acemom


quality posts: 0 Private Messages acemom
 irongoalie wrote:
Actually, the signer of "I need a lover who won't drive me crazy" is John Cougar Mellencamp...

NPIMH: Subdivisions by Rush




i SO knew that.
hmmphf
crap...
It's still the same supid song......"Your eyes have the mist from the smoke from a .......
Distant fire!!!.


Why in the world will this song not go away???



killingtime


quality posts: 2 Private Messages killingtime

"Want." The Cure

czardastx


quality posts: 7 Private Messages czardastx

"Reindeer Boogie" by Hank Snow


The secret to a happy marriage is to split everything 50/50. My wife gets the big half and I get the little half. - Chief Buffalo Nickel

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
 czardastx wrote:
"Reindeer Boogie" by Hank Snow



"Hair" from Jesus Christ Superstar . . . (AZGson had some gamesight on that just used that song . . .)

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

czardastx


quality posts: 7 Private Messages czardastx
 AZGman wrote:


"Hair" from Jesus Christ Superstar . . . (AZGson had some gamesight on that just used that song . . .)



I have that album. I should burn it to mp3, add it to my collection. If I can find it, I think it's at my parent's house.


The secret to a happy marriage is to split everything 50/50. My wife gets the big half and I get the little half. - Chief Buffalo Nickel

mnementh


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mnementh

"Jesus of Suburbia" - Green Day

bam wokka chicka wokka chicka wokka chicka wokka chicka
Master Ninja Theme Song

acemom


quality posts: 0 Private Messages acemom

Holy crap.

Now it's the "dance of the sugarplum fairy"

from "The Nutcracker"

Geez.



jqubed


quality posts: 7 Private Messages jqubed
 acemom wrote:
Holy crap.

Now it's the "dance of the sugarplum fairy"

from "The Nutcracker"

Geez.


LOL, that sux

ⅉℚ Tenth Annual Woot! Bracketology | I'm Quality Peoples!

Skye — 1997-2007

killingtime


quality posts: 2 Private Messages killingtime

"Is it any wonder...
Fame, it’s not your brain, it’s just the flame...
That burns your change to keep you insane (sane)...
Fame..."

-Fame
-David Bowie

acemom


quality posts: 0 Private Messages acemom

Good grief...
"I need a lover who won't drive me crazy.
Someone who will thrill me
And then
go away!!!"

heh
Wink



killingtime


quality posts: 2 Private Messages killingtime

"Going Nowhere" -The Cure

herrsmith


quality posts: 0 Private Messages herrsmith

"Scarred" by Dream Theater
Taking a break from transcribing the bass line from Miles Davis' "So What?" My ear is really poor, and the recording isn't that great. Still, have to have it done by juries on Tuesday or I fail my music major.

As a side note, one of my friends runs a store (a boutique, if I'm not mistaken, I've never been there), and she was all worried about not having her Christmas decorations up before Halloween, because everyone else had their Christmas decorations up. I won't even talk about the music. I am sad to say that I actually own some.

And during my rant, the song has changed to "You Not Me" by the same band.

jqubed


quality posts: 7 Private Messages jqubed
 herrsmith wrote:
"Scarred" by Dream Theater
Taking a break from transcribing the bass line from Miles Davis' "So What?" My ear is really poor, and the recording isn't that great. Still, have to have it done by juries on Tuesday or I fail my music major.


are you playing it through a computer? you might be able to use your program's equalizer to help see the notes...

i am listening to the Sunday Night Lounge on my college's student radio station, but the current song is not listed on the streaming audio file... probably coming off of a cd or vinyl i guess, according to their site...

ⅉℚ Tenth Annual Woot! Bracketology | I'm Quality Peoples!

Skye — 1997-2007

herrsmith


quality posts: 0 Private Messages herrsmith
 jqubed wrote:
are you playing it through a computer? you might be able to use your program's equalizer to help see the notes...



Yeah, I've tried a whole bunch of that. The funny part is, I've had an easier time with the EQ set to flat, except during Coltrane's solo. I have to turn down a bunch of the higher frequencies or I get blasted out. He plays so agressively.

Thomas Ades - "America: A Prophesy"
I love my modern classical music. A condradiction in terms, but it's still good. Heck, this is 21st century music! Maybe not incredibly innovative, but strong and dissonat.

jqubed


quality posts: 7 Private Messages jqubed
 herrsmith wrote:
Yeah, I've tried a whole bunch of that. The funny part is, I've had an easier time with the EQ set to flat, except during Coltrane's solo. I have to turn down a bunch of the higher frequencies or I get blasted out. He plays so agressively.

Thomas Ades - "America: A Prophesy"
I love my modern classical music. A condradiction in terms, but it's still good. Heck, this is 21st century music! Maybe not incredibly innovative, but strong and dissonat.


i just thought of something... when i was in highschool, my AP C++ teacher said there were ways you could get the actual notes for a song somehow by looking at the music file... i'm sure there must be programs out there that do this, since he made it sound like it would be pretty easy and that the algorithm should be fairly well known, but it might take more time to find that then it'd be worth... and it might be considered cheating, since this is for school... would looking at the visualizer be cheating (the ones where you have a bunch of bars going up and down, can't think what it's called now)...

ⅉℚ Tenth Annual Woot! Bracketology | I'm Quality Peoples!

Skye — 1997-2007

herrsmith


quality posts: 0 Private Messages herrsmith
 jqubed wrote:
i just thought of something... when i was in highschool, my AP C++ teacher said there were ways you could get the actual notes for a song somehow by looking at the music file... i'm sure there must be programs out there that do this, since he made it sound like it would be pretty easy and that the algorithm should be fairly well known, but it might take more time to find that then it'd be worth... and it might be considered cheating, since this is for school... would looking at the visualizer be cheating (the ones where you have a bunch of bars going up and down, can't think what it's called now)...



Well, I could look at the frequency, then figure out what note it is, if I somehow figure out how to open the file in a text editor in some way that makes sense, but despite just how poor my ear is, I think it will take less time to figure it out by ear. Plus, the main purpose of this exersise is to make my ear better, so I'm going to do it, even if it causes me to fail.

Also, I can't think of the name of what you're talking about either, but I know it. Of course, I'm not the soberest I've been recently (so the stress is getting to me).

jqubed


quality posts: 7 Private Messages jqubed
 herrsmith wrote:
Well, I could look at the frequency, then figure out what note it is, if I somehow figure out how to open the file in a text editor in some way that makes sense, but despite just how poor my ear is, I think it will take less time to figure it out by ear. Plus, the main purpose of this exersise is to make my ear better, so I'm going to do it, even if it causes me to fail.

Also, I can't think of the name of what you're talking about either, but I know it. Of course, I'm not the soberest I've been recently (so the stress is getting to me).


haha, yeah, that could be an issue...

Yachts (A Man Called Adam Mix) - Coco Steel & Lovebomb (<- is that not a crazy band name?)

ⅉℚ Tenth Annual Woot! Bracketology | I'm Quality Peoples!

Skye — 1997-2007

acemom


quality posts: 0 Private Messages acemom

Oh.
after reading the above I am embarrassed.
My current head song is something I accidentally heard on the radio today while in my car.
I 'm not sure of the name of it.
To the tune of "Jingle Bells"

"Rust and smoke
Heater's broke
Door just flew away

I light a match to see the dash
And then I start to pray

Frame is bent
Muffler went
Radio, it's Ok

Oh what fun it is to drive
this rusty Chevrolet."

Someone please shoot me.
Please.


Geez





AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

And the beat goes on . . .

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

Brick House . . .

She's mighty, mighty . . . just lettin' it all hang out!

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

killingtime


quality posts: 2 Private Messages killingtime
 AZGman wrote:
Brick House . . .

She's mighty, mighty . . . just lettin' it all hang out!



Cool song. Reminds me of Elaine's dance on Seinfeld.

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
 killingtime wrote:


Cool song. Reminds me of Elaine's dance on Seinfeld.



Guess I missed that . . .

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

killingtime


quality posts: 2 Private Messages killingtime


jqubed


quality posts: 7 Private Messages jqubed
 AZGman wrote:
Guess I missed that . . .


oh that's a classic episode, it's the same one Kramer gets Jerry to bootleg a movie using a camcorder in the theater...

ⅉℚ Tenth Annual Woot! Bracketology | I'm Quality Peoples!

Skye — 1997-2007

jqubed


quality posts: 7 Private Messages jqubed

"School Day" - Chuck Berry

ⅉℚ Tenth Annual Woot! Bracketology | I'm Quality Peoples!

Skye — 1997-2007

jqubed


quality posts: 7 Private Messages jqubed

"Jo Jo Gunne" - Chuck Berry

ⅉℚ Tenth Annual Woot! Bracketology | I'm Quality Peoples!

Skye — 1997-2007

killingtime


quality posts: 2 Private Messages killingtime

"Do the Hustle" - Van McCoy.

acemom


quality posts: 0 Private Messages acemom

"Paradise by the Dashboard Light"
MeatLoaf

I love that song so much...



dontwantaname


quality posts: 15 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

 acemom wrote:
"Paradise by the Dashboard Light"
MeatLoaf

I love that song so much...



My kids hate when that song comes on the radio in my car. It is so long, and so much fun to sing...loud!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

jqubed


quality posts: 7 Private Messages jqubed

i'm listening to the Mr. & Mrs. Smith soundtrack... the movie wasn't all that great, but John Powell comes through with another fantastic score... i didn't like it as much as The Bourne Identity and The Bourne Supremacy soundtracks (which he also did and are a similar style) at first, but it's growing on me... make sure to buy the album with the black cover, not the white cover...

ⅉℚ Tenth Annual Woot! Bracketology | I'm Quality Peoples!

Skye — 1997-2007

czardastx


quality posts: 7 Private Messages czardastx
 jqubed wrote:
i'm listening to the Mr. & Mrs. Smith soundtrack... the movie wasn't all that great, but John Powell comes through with another fantastic score... i didn't like it as much as The Bourne Identity and The Bourne Supremacy soundtracks (which he also did and are a similar style) at first, but it's growing on me... make sure to buy the album with the black cover, not the white cover...



What's the difference in the music with the black vs. white covers?


The secret to a happy marriage is to split everything 50/50. My wife gets the big half and I get the little half. - Chief Buffalo Nickel

jqubed


quality posts: 7 Private Messages jqubed
 czardastx wrote:
What's the difference in the music with the black vs. white covers?


the black cover is the real soundtrack/score from John Powell... all the original music... the white cover, even though it's listed as "Original Motion Picture Soundtrack" is really a "Music From and Inspired By" where there's a bunch of songs that weren't in the movie with maybe one or two that were, usually a medly of themes from the movie...

Music From and Inspired By irks me... either the band is so shallow that they could be inspired by such trite as that (or have their inspiration bought)... or they were eager to make a quick buck and stick a random song that sorta sounds like it fits on the soundtrack, and then claim "oh yeah, that movie totally inspired us to write this"

what a load of baloney...

ⅉℚ Tenth Annual Woot! Bracketology | I'm Quality Peoples!

Skye — 1997-2007

czardastx


quality posts: 7 Private Messages czardastx
 jqubed wrote:

the black cover is the real soundtrack/score from John Powell... all the original music... the white cover, even though it's listed as "Original Motion Picture Soundtrack" is really a "Music From and Inspired By" where there's a bunch of songs that weren't in the movie with maybe one or two that were, usually a medly of themes from the movie...

Music From and Inspired By irks me... either the band is so shallow that they could be inspired by such trite as that (or have their inspiration bought)... or they were eager to make a quick buck and stick a random song that sorta sounds like it fits on the soundtrack, and then claim "oh yeah, that movie totally inspired us to write this"

what a load of baloney...



Got it. I don't buy many soundtracks, but I'll be sure to pay attention to the music in Mr. & Mrs. Smith, see if it's something I'd want. Thanks for the info.


The secret to a happy marriage is to split everything 50/50. My wife gets the big half and I get the little half. - Chief Buffalo Nickel

pooflady


quality posts: 30 Private Messages pooflady

Garden Party



I think my guardian angel drinks.

killingtime


quality posts: 2 Private Messages killingtime

silence

dontwantaname


quality posts: 15 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Hello darkness, my old friend.
I've come to talk with you again.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

killingtime


quality posts: 2 Private Messages killingtime
 don'twantaname wrote:
Hello darkness, my old friend.
I've come to talk with you again.



Because a vision softly creeping,
Left it’s seeds while I was sleeping