Back to Amazon.com

Nightshooter

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Nightshooter
Re: 1984 B.C.

Vary nice. only prob is, the sand would get caught in the skateboards wheels.

sgreenip

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sgreenip
sgreenip wrote:Wow! Thanks, everyone! I had no idea this design would be so popular! I almost didn't post it, I thought it was too . . . uhh . . . you know . . . uhh . . . t r i p p y . . .

actually, I thought of my professors in design class back in the day saying "It looks like the color wheel puked on your paper". lol

ChaosDoctor07

quality posts: 9 Private Messages ChaosDoctor07
Re: Khepri

Awesome...Good to see this shirt is in the fog. Hope it continues to climb it's way up through the fog. Congrats and hope the momentum continues.

"Don't believe´╗┐ in the you who believes in me. Don't believe in the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself."

jakewalczak

quality posts: 8 Private Messages jakewalczak

Is this black or brown background? Only brown gets my vote

copperdusk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages copperdusk
ChefRAZ wrote:like it or not It's bacon! dogs don't know it spells bacon.

I love the idea man, but it just doesn't flow.

ChefRAZ

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ChefRAZ
copperdusk wrote:I love the idea man, but it just doesn't flow.

awww man, the words hurt. I just spent four days in hell. de-flooding my carpet. stupid water heater. wanted to do something cool cause I love this theme and came up with this. oh well at least im dry now.

Paintballguy113

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Paintballguy113

That is amazing!

-Ian

Paintballguy113

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Paintballguy113

how do we rank it up or down?

-Ian

Shigwarm

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Shigwarm

This looks great Bass!

The comedy is great too!

innuendopanda

quality posts: 22 Private Messages innuendopanda
Re: Egyptian Math 101: Volume of a Pyramid

In my math class at college, we had to learn to do math with egyptian characters and cuneiform o_O

j0naht

quality posts: 0 Private Messages j0naht
Nightshooter wrote:lets call your symbols for sides X. Wouldn't it be 1/3 or equivalent symbol X * X. ??

nope, V = 1/3 X ^3

acschaab

quality posts: 1 Private Messages acschaab
Nightshooter wrote:Vary nice. only prob is, the sand would get caught in the skateboards wheels.

Not if it was a Hoverboard! :D

Beefcoat

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Beefcoat
Re: Rock Like an Egyptian

Thanks everyone for all of the encouragement that I get from your comments. It really is nice to know that what we are doing is appreciated!

Thanks again!

ChefRAZ

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ChefRAZ
Re: It's Bacon !

reworked, added texture.

realitytwist

quality posts: 0 Private Messages realitytwist
Re: Rise of The Scarab King

that...is f-ing sexy...[applauds]

friends are just enemies who don't have the guts to kill you

realitytwist

quality posts: 0 Private Messages realitytwist
Re: Reign of The Sun God

you've got to stop with all the awesome, i'm gonna splode =(

friends are just enemies who don't have the guts to kill you

AvisThomas

quality posts: 1 Private Messages AvisThomas
ressamac wrote:I agree! Well done. Great lines and colors.

Yes, well done and looks great. But inquiring minds want to know: why the eyelets on the wings, and string?. Are you saying that flying dieties were just fakery? Or that Egyptian dieties are now Christmas ornaments? Puppets? It appears to be an intentional commentary of some sort, but I'm not sure what.

Nice touch with the Dog/God pedastool, who looks just a bit like a skateboard.

icymallard

quality posts: 4 Private Messages icymallard
Re: Ou Est Le Discotheque?

this is my favorite design of yours so far.

dbkaplan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dbkaplan
Re: Are you sure about that piece?

Go easy, this is my first derby submission!

DianaSprinkle

quality posts: 174 Private Messages DianaSprinkle
Paintballguy113 wrote:how do we rank it up or down?

First you have to buy something on any of the 4 woot sites, then you can vote.

lonelypond

quality posts: 682 Private Messages lonelypond
Re: Wash like an Egyptian

ha...fun!

astomps

quality posts: 0 Private Messages astomps
Re: Desert Glow

simple and effective +'d

superfo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages superfo
Re: Are you sure about that piece?

I wanna play! :D

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation
jakewalczak wrote:Is this black or brown background? Only brown gets my vote

It appears to be black.

masterxuln

quality posts: 1 Private Messages masterxuln
CrescentDebris wrote:Dealing with the dead all day gets boring. Time for some excitement. Weeeeee!!!!

Or if you prefer, he was sick of people calling him Anub!

"Nooow who's a noob?!! PWNED!!!"

Haha, this is simply amazing! You took a simple but great idea and combined it with very professional execution. And aside from just looking great, it's very funny too. I mean almost everyone I showed this to laughed.

No seriously, CrescentDebris, this must be my favorite design from you (well, at least as far as I can remember). Great job and GMV!

fletchallb

quality posts: 4 Private Messages fletchallb
dbkaplan wrote:Go easy, this is my first derby submission!

There is a bit of black behind the pyramid in the bottom right corner that does not appear to belong, otherwise, it looks like a great submission. It's too bad it won't have a lot of time to gather votes.

masterxuln

Re: Discovery

Wow Radscoolian, you are a master! A design like this definitely takes a lot of talent. This is truly one of the few designs this derby that really deserves to win and I hope it does. Good luck and GMV!

masterxuln

Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=38562]cleo

Beautiful! I can't believe this design isn't doing better. Well, at least you got my vote, heh.

masterxuln

Re: Khepri

Wow, well done!

masterxuln

Re: Ou Est Le Discotheque?

Very interesting design, BootsBoots! Probably my favorite from you so far. Love the halftones and especially the colors. This should get more votes. GMV!

masterxuln

Re: Laundry Day

Haha, great concept!

masterxuln

Re: Mirage

Hey I can't believe I didn't notice this sooner. I have to agree with everyone, the concept is great! I guess the thumbnail really is putting off potential voters.

trekmiss

quality posts: 9 Private Messages trekmiss
Re: 1984 B.C.

Awesome! If this prints, it will be my first derby shirt to purchase in over a year.

masterxuln

Re: Mediterranean Diet

This really looks great and deserves way more votes than it has right now. Anyway great job and GMV. Oh and don't get discouraged by the low vote count.

jmmbell1987

quality posts: 78 Private Messages jmmbell1987
valianteffort wrote:
It's pretty simple, if you don't like video game references, don't vote for them.

If only it were actually this simple. In the free for all world that is shirt.woot, designs that reference pop culture or contain something with generic appeal will always have an upper hand. That's why woot banned slogans, and banned video games for a time.

krisrobinson

quality posts: 2 Private Messages krisrobinson
Re: Ancient Egyptian Plumber

LULS nice one lucky. Winna winna chicken dinner, I'm in for one fsho.

Poraro

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Poraro
Dakaggo wrote:Similarly the Doctor Who and Back to the Future shirt is a comedic situation that not a ton of people would get because they'd have to be fans of both franchises.

The Cookie Monster shirt shows him doing something totally out of character and so far everyone I showed it to didn't even get it until I explained it. Sesame street doesn't have rabid fanboys, it's just something people know and grew up with.

The difference here? This is simply a modification of a popular character by changing the style in which he's drawn to resemble egyptian hieroglyphics. It's not a clever twist, it's not a inside joke and it's not a reference to a Mario game. It's just Mario. If someone made a Super Mario Land reference of some sort then I would have no problem, in fact I would consider getting it.

A ton of people not "getting" it doesn't mean that it isn't the reason they're selling so damn well. Do you REALLY think The Cookie Monster shirt would still sell so well if it was a made-up character? No, it wouldn't. It would've been out the reckoning ages ago. In my opinion it's a mediocre shirt at best because I don't care for the character, but many others do so I let them have their fun shirt without complaining.

The other shirts are no different. Their main life-point is the fact they're from something many people like, as well as this shirt. This one probably depends more on the fans but you're wrong if you say the others don't highly depend on it.

Mario has been to Egypt a couple of times. Super Mario Land, mainly Birabuto Kingdom, resembles Egypt. There's also the comic, Mario's Picross, which is set in Egypt. To me this makes it a perfectly fine shirt for this theme. I didn't know a shirt needed a "clever twist" or "inside joke" (which would then require the fanbase even MORE, y'know) to be enjoyable to wear.

Don't get me wrong. I clearly see the unfair advantage here, but until woot do something to fix the problems then this is perfectly fine.

Feeferscat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Feeferscat
kushalm wrote:It's all in halftones, i don't get why it isn't printable..I would have sent in a PSD file already but it's too big right now, I need to figure out how to compress it

The halftones are probably too fine that if printer a lot of the detail would be lost on the shirt.

Signatures? I don't believe in them...

SnowQueenVT

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SnowQueenVT
Re: Ancient Offerings

this is a really nice shirt (I love your cat ( he or )she is really beautiful .Your love of cats really shows and this whole piece is really nicely done.

http://www.wix.com/scottgreenip/snowqueenvt

SnowQueenVT

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SnowQueenVT
Re: I want my bottle!!!!

Very ,very funny! Man can I relate to this shirt.It went from "I want my bobble!"(bottle) to" I want some juicy!"....anyway very good and right on.

http://www.wix.com/scottgreenip/snowqueenvt